Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) I cant believe some of you are still here (Read 3522 times)
Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

I cant believe some of you are still here
Aug 4th, 2020 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Re: I cant believe some of you are still here
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Still where?......

-DDO?
Because boxes.

-The Vault?
Well, why are YOU still here?

-Planet Earth?
Because "licensed" drivers still haven't killed me on my way to work yet.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Aug 4th, 2020 at 3:17pm:
Still where?......

-DDO?
Because boxes.

Whats that? Multiboxing or something else?

Quote:
-The Vault?
Well, why are YOU still here?

Quit on 2017, surprised i see the same people posting the exact same shit.

Quote:
-Planet Earth?
Because "licensed" drivers still haven't killed me on my way to work yet.

You should try harder.

IP Logged

Disarmonia
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Aug 4th, 2020 at 3:21pm:
Quit on 2017, surprised i see the same people posting the exact same shit.

You should try harder.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Aug 4th, 2020 at 2:32pm:
Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

WoW is crap.
Upcoming Baldur's gate 3 combat is slower than the slowest snail, just watching the preview made me sleep for a week.
Too old for fortnight & XboX crap.

Stuck with DDO, not sure whether to laugh or cry  Grin

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
I've stuck around because DDO offers deep character customization and itemization. Also rampant cheating.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 4th, 2020 at 9:46pm:
I've stuck around because DDO offers deep character customization and itemization. Also rampant cheating.

Ok, these 3 are valid reasons.

But seriously, i see mostly the same names accusing people of being socks, though the criticisms on SSG and DDO seem to have escalated, makes for a fun read.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Best combat action and character control of any game ever.

Swing your weapon and hit mobs with a mouse click.

Movement while casting is FUCKING HUGE.

JUMP! Jump over and into or behind a packs of mobs for AoE attacks.

Fast run speed.  Not *just* fast but potentially super fucking fast compared to every other game.

Adjustable camera angles with great 3rd person POV or /shudders 1st person POV for those who hate themselves.

CUSTOMIZABLE HOT BARS.  I mean, shit, who doesn't love the fact that you can hot swap gear during combat and move the bars where ever you want.

The stuff noamineo said.

PASTLIVES...FFS I hate staying at cap grinding gear to wait on content to grind for more gear.

I can play as much or as little of all content in all level ranges on w/e class race combo I fancy at any time.

These are reasons I suffer SSG BS and still play.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
all of the above, plus it's D&D ( well was now it's a mismatched junk that contains stuff from 3 different editions and adventures that were made for a PnP edition that is not even one of the 3 )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Aug 5th, 2020 at 7:22am:

Fast run speed.  Not *just* fast but potentially super fucking fast compared to every other game.

Adjustable camera angles with great 3rd person POV or /shudders 1st person POV for those who hate themselves.

CUSTOMIZABLE HOT BARS.  I mean, shit, who doesn't love the fact that you can hot swap gear during combat and move the bars where ever you want.

The stuff noamineo said.

PASTLIVES...FFS I hate staying at cap grinding gear to wait on content to grind for more gear.

I can play as much or as little of all content in all level ranges on w/e class race combo I fancy at any time.

this man is the truth

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #10 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Quitting DDO was the best thing I ever did.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2020 at 1:02pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #11 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 5th, 2020 at 1:02pm:
Quitting DDO was the best thing I ever did.

Definitely one of my better choices.

I can't believe I just saw someone praise the past lives grind. I guess some hamsters really do need their wheels.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
3 main things keep me comign back.

1. The build customization. So many interesting ways to put a build together and fun thngs to try. Different builds make the game feel different even if they are the same quests.

2. The combat. So active.  I have yet to find a game that doesn't seem boring by comparison.

3. Nobody in Eberron has ever said to me "Go kill 10 of these, then go fetch 10 of these, then go kill 10 of these, then go fetch......" The fetch/kill/courier quests of other games are repetitive and boring. Each quest in DDO feels different. (for the most part......I'm looking at you Tangelroot!)

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Aug 4th, 2020 at 10:46pm:
But seriously, i see mostly the same names accusing people of being socks, though the criticisms on SSG and DDO seem to have escalated, makes for a fun read.

Look you're not a vaultie until you've been accused of being a sock. It's just the meta.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

i2049
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 2:32pm
Print Post  

The stuff noamineo said.

This is probably the best post on the vault, it is exactly right. I've admittedly not tried many MMOs besides DDO but they all had one common theme: the combat was an unpolished pile of crap comparatively.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
i2049 wrote on Aug 5th, 2020 at 2:32pm:
This is probably the best post on the vault, it is exactly right. I've admittedly not tried many MMOs besides DDO but they all had one common theme: the combat was an unpolished pile of crap comparatively.

The big thing these days is "action MMOs" wherein the combat is all about timing, parrying, etc. You know, all things that break with the tiniest amount of lag. Also things that aren't terribly fun for us older gamers. DDO's combat is chaotic, but at least it still holds up in lag, and unless you're playing something with a shield there isn't a whole ton of timing involved(besides managing cooldowns, which is fun).

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #16 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:31am
Print Post  

The stuff noamineo said.

Toppie

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #17 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 5th, 2020 at 1:05pm:
Definitely one of my better choices.

I can't believe I just saw someone praise the past lives grind. I guess some hamsters really do need their wheels.

Ok, Holier than thou. I guess some idiots hamsters just pretend that they didn't just hop on a different wheel.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:35am by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #18 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:32am:
Ok, Holier than thou. I guess some idiots hamsters just pretend that they didn't just hop on a different wheel.

I remember when we were bitching about the game getting too grindy... before reincarnation was introduced.

I've been watching people fork over hundreds of dollars over the past few months to specifically avoid the exact grind we are discussing. They are paying to avoid playing the game they purport to play for fun.

To each their own, but what I see is hamsters on wheels paying money to make it spin faster.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 11:02am:
I've been watching people fork over hundreds of dollars over the past few months to specifically avoid the exact grind we are discussing. They are paying to avoid playing the game they purport to play for fun.

To each their own, but what I see is hamsters on wheels paying money to make it spin faster.

Just a thought but could it possibly be people paying to play the parts of the game they actually enjoy?

For me the parts of the game I like: late heroics(if I didnt have my soul crushed in early), epics, character-building, gearing, and trying out different builds. Seems like paying to enjoy the parts of the game I like and skip the parts i hate is the american way, no?

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #20 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 11:02am:
I remember when we were bitching about the game getting too grindy... before reincarnation was introduced.

Surely, anyone praising the PL grind are not the ones buying the boxes, right?

I personally like the style of grind, I simply do not care for just how much of it there is, especially with LEGENDARY reincarnation around the corner...

I look forward to 2022, when we will be buying Legendary and Improved Legendary boxes from the dupe stores.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:49pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #21 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 11:34am:
Just a thought but could it possibly be people paying to play the parts of the game they actually enjoy?

You seem to have forgotten the original context of people praising the reincarnation hamster wheel. Pointing out that people were paying hundreds of dollars and risking their accounts to skip it was a way of showing that I'm far from the only person who sees it for what it is.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #22 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 1:47pm:
I personally like the style of grind, I simply do not care for just how much of it there is

Right, you like the style of the grind, you just don't want to participate. In other words, you don't like the grind. Thank you, come again.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #23 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
It’s a way to play D&D without having to get a group together to schedule an actual paper game.

Past lives suck till you have them.  For me, whatever I decide to do to get them as fast as possible usually takes the following into consideration: me liking to play but not liking to grind, how much time I actually have to play, and being fairly competitive by nature. 

The game is played largely by adults so my impulse to want to murder someone is much lower than other games I have played.  All this still makes us losers I’m 87.5% sure.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:48pm by Mattyo »  

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #24 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:49pm
Print Post  

The stuff noamineo said.

You should have tried Wildstar while it was still around. It had everything you list here except the past lives grind, only better. Faster, more customizable, better jumping, better movement while casting, better camera.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint