Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) I cant believe some of you are still here (Read 3532 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: I cant believe some of you are still here
Reply #25 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
I'm just here for the boobs.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #26 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:46pm:
Right, you like the style of the grind, you just don't want to participate. In other words, you don't like the grind. Thank you, come again.

Grin

Now, you listen here, Apu, I like to work, but I'd also like the satisfaction of retiring some day.

I certainly appreciate that this form of grind allows all most content to stay relevant, but I also want the satisfaction of reaching that goal...

For the record, among most of the other Heroic, Iconic and Epic PLs, I did also do about 18 of the Racials lives legit.
Maybe you can say I'm simply not committed enough to stick around and do it all legit... and that's fair. 

But god dammit, I sure did have fun.

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:34pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #27 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 11:02am:
I remember when we were bitching about the game getting too grindy... before reincarnation was introduced.

This game wasn't ever close to the grind of other MMOs; Everquest took thousands of hours to get one toon to endgame, DDO takes 20-30? WOW end game raids take 12 hours, High Reaper DDO raids take max 60-90 mins? I did always feel bad for that one sap that would do 80 or 100 raids and not get the loot they wanted; never happened to me. Runes made it so much easier.

Quote:
I've been watching people fork over hundreds of dollars over the past few months to specifically avoid the exact grind we are discussing. They are paying to avoid playing the game they purport to play for fun.

Yeah, I probably have a year of college tuition into this game over the years. Probably not any worse than getting married and blowing extra cash on strippers and sports bets. Guys are idiots for the most part.

Quote:
To each their own, but what I see is hamsters on wheels paying money to make it spin faster.

Again, you've just changed wheels. You're still spending money on something to make it spin faster.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #28 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 5:20pm:
This game wasn't ever close to the grind of other MMOs; Everquest took thousands of hours to get one toon to endgame, DDO takes 20-30? WOW end game raids take 12 hours, High Reaper DDO raids take max 60-90 mins? I did always feel bad for that one sap that would do 80 or 100 raids and not get the loot they wanted; never happened to me. Runes made it so much easier.

Yup, it used to be an improvement over other MMOs. No longer... now it's just a really dated copy of other MMOs.

Yeah, I probably have a year of college tuition into this game over the years. Probably not any worse than getting married and blowing extra cash on strippers and sports bets. Guys are idiots for the most part.

We all need hobbies.

Again, you've just changed wheels. You're still spending money on something to make it spin faster.

If your point is that life is a hamster wheel, okay, sure, but it's a pretty weak point. The only reason you're trying to rebut my point here is that you just found out you're a hamster and OH MY GOD IS THAT A FASTER WHEEL?

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #29 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 5:58pm:
If your point is that life is a hamster wheel, okay, sure, but it's a pretty weak point.

Your mom is weak.

Quote:
The only reason you're trying to rebut my point here is that you just found out you're a hamster and OH MY GOD IS THAT A FASTER WHEEL?

Your super strong point is that you showed me that I'm a hamster? What is that the four millionth game of solitaire you just played while enduring your 15,876th conference call? Ok Einstein, thx.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #30 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 3:02pm:
I'm just here for the boobs.

Whether you're black, a mexican, white, a Muslim, the Pope, a jew, or black Santa Claus, this is something that we can all agree on.

...Except maybe if you're Jerry.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #31 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:48pm:
Your mom is weak.

Your super strong point is that you showed me that I'm a hamster? What is that the four millionth game of solitaire you just played while enduring your 15,876th conference call? Ok Einstein, thx.

On Gunga's side on this one.

One man's hamster wheel is another's climbing the corporate ladder is another's weeding the garden is another's dropping acid is another's version of spending time 'licking the batter from the bowl of life.'

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #32 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 6:48pm:
Your mom is weak.

We don't choose the conference calls, Tesla.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #33 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 8:08pm:
On Gunga's side on this one.

One man's hamster wheel is another's climbing the corporate ladder is another's weeding the garden is another's dropping acid is another's version of spending time 'licking the batter from the bowl of life.'

I'd say "quit and you'll understand" but YOU ALREADY DID Grin

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #34 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 8:46pm:

But you did chose shitty forum software, Zero Cool.

Gunga wins this one, I think Strake is too busy multitasking the Kistilan brigades lately.  Rattle that saber and fight the good fight.

If only there was a stainer left, then all the work would be done an Strake could take time off to Yuck it up and watch a masterful troll at work.  But right now it appears there are a lot of hamsters on a lot of wheels.  That spammer honeypot has shown me a lot of wheels spinning....

I feel sad for them.

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #35 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:13pm:
But you did chose shitty forum software, Zero Cool.

Gunga wins this one, I think Strake is too busy multitasking the Kistilan brigades lately.  Rattle that saber and fight the good fight.

If only there was a stainer left, then all the work would be done an Strake could take time off to Yuck it up and watch a masterful troll at work.  But right now it appears there are a lot of hamsters on a lot of wheels.  That spammer honeypot has shown me a lot of wheels spinning....

I feel sad for them.

https://aa.org

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #36 - Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:14pm:

You think we need to have an intervention for Strake?

Ok, but let's take this to PM and really plan something effective.  Can we bring in Gunga and Head-Meat too on a conference call?  I think it will be more powerful if we do this together.  #superGuys

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #37 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 11:02am:
I remember when we were bitching about the game getting too grindy... before reincarnation was introduced.

Past lives are...how you say...optional.

You don't want to do that grind, that's fine. You'll have more (player, not character) experience and better gear at cap. One of my endgame raider characters is a first lifer.

OTOH, some people enjoy serial TRing and aren't much into the endgame.

Then there are some people want the power upgrade of TRing without having to do the "work."

This is kind of like taking your car to a professional to get it suped up. This driver doesn't want to "work" on the car, they just want to enjoy driving the car. So they are willing to shell out some money to make it go a little faster.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #38 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 11:49am
Print Post  

U rite, old man, U rite.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #39 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 11:52am
Print Post  

That's a quality invocation of a super brain btw - I'll take it.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #40 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Aug 6th, 2020 at 2:47pm:
All this still makes us losers I’m 87.5% sure.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #41 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
I'd say "quit and you'll understand" but YOU ALREADY DID Grin

Quit, still doesn’t understand; yet another point: Gunga.  I’m the best.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #42 - Aug 7th, 2020 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Aug 7th, 2020 at 7:00pm:
Quit, still doesn’t understand; yet another point: Gunga.  I’m the best.

I consistently never learn. My wife says the same thing.  Sad

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #43 - Aug 8th, 2020 at 6:25am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 5th, 2020 at 1:05pm:
I can't believe I just saw someone praise the past lives grind. I guess some hamsters really do need their wheels.

I believe it's really either some kind of obsessive - compulsive reward pattern that really can affect some people or Stockholm syndrome ish behaviour.

Playing much less than I used to but I REALLY like the combat, builds and playing with others. And some nostalgia ?

But holy shit, looking at 300 people still playing doing nothing except another fucking r1 life is truly insane.

Really thousands hours to have some kind of "playable" character. And they would even defend this.

« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2020 at 6:31am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #44 - Aug 8th, 2020 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 8th, 2020 at 6:25am:
Really thousands hours to have some kind of "playable" character. And they would even defend this.

Here's the crazy thing.

Imagine if those hours went into building a small home. 

I think the homeless solution would be solved.  Like, you might not live in it, but if you put these thousands of hours into building a character into a charity work for a year, all gamers could possibly solve homelessness assuming an organization supplied the materials and project management/oversight on "getting the build right."

I think South Korea had something like this, mandatory community service and also a mandatory 2-year stint serving in their military before or after college.  My friend Silent Reality (Team Fortress Champion) had to do this after Michigan State even though he was multi-national and his dad was I think #2 at Coke in Europe.   All the money in the world, still had to go do a 2 year community service project for South Korea at the end.

But you look at South Korea and well, nice virus controls too.  Maybe a good idea after all.

But either way, grinding characters for thousands of hours isn't fun or productive. It's psychotic or lonely at best.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #45 - Aug 8th, 2020 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 8th, 2020 at 1:35pm:
Here's the crazy thing.

Imagine if those hours went into building a small home. 

I think the homeless solution would be solved.  Like, you might not live in it, but if you put these thousands of hours into building a character into a charity work for a year, all gamers could possibly solve homelessness assuming an organization supplied the materials and project management/oversight on "getting the build right."

I think South Korea had something like this, mandatory community service and also a mandatory 2-year stint serving in their military before or after college.  My friend Silent Reality (Team Fortress Champion) had to do this after Michigan State even though he was multi-national and his dad was I think #2 at Coke in Europe.   All the money in the world, still had to go do a 2 year community service project for South Korea at the end.

But you look at South Korea and well, nice virus controls too.  Maybe a good idea after all.

But either way, grinding characters for thousands of hours isn't fun or productive. It's psychotic or lonely at best.

Nothing says “service” like a mandate.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #46 - Aug 8th, 2020 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 8th, 2020 at 6:25am:
I believe it's really either some kind of obsessive - compulsive reward pattern that really can affect some people or Stockholm syndrome ish behaviour.

Playing much less than I used to but I REALLY like the combat, builds and playing with others. And some nostalgia ?

But holy shit, looking at 300 people still playing doing nothing except another fucking r1 life is truly insane.

<3 Miss you in game dude. I've been clean of the game a year now or some shit.- Tes
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2020 at 5:58pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #47 - Aug 9th, 2020 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 8th, 2020 at 3:26pm:
Nothing says “service” like a mandate.

At least you take the libel accusations out of the population.

"You all served, all mandated."  Smiley   End stolen valor for habitat for humanity builders.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #48 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 5:03am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 8th, 2020 at 5:58pm:
<3 Miss you in game dude. I've been clean of the game a year now or some shit.

Hope life treating you well dude.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint