Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) DA stealth nerf? (Read 3835 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

DA stealth nerf?
Aug 10th, 2020 at 12:07am
Print Post  
I think they may have slipped in a stealth-nerf to Dungeon Assualt. Last week I would get 2 tokens per character almost, average 10-12 per run. I just did 2 runs in a row and not a single token dropped in the non-epic chest. In the epic it was mighty stingy, in 2 runs with 6 characters I only got a total of 9 tokens. No ransack message fyi.

Anyone else seeing similar behavior?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: DA stealth nerf?
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 12:27am
Print Post  
"We can't stop the ottos duping so we're nerfing tokens" does sound like a very Turbine-ish solution  Sad

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Cept most of the box-dupers also duped tokens. I seem to be in a minority having to actually farm for 'em like a chump.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Sadly I didn't dupe tokens either. Luckily it's only a what, 35m farm per life? Bit less?

Still shit, but tolerable.

IP Logged

COVID-19
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 9:05am
Print Post  
I'm seeing the same results. It's more random now than it used to be, you don't always get 2 tokens in two chests. I run it all the time.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Aug 10th, 2020 at 12:53am:
Sadly I didn't dupe tokens either. Luckily it's only a what, 35m farm per life? Bit less?

Still shit, but tolerable.

Well no, actually, thats the problem: it went from being a 35 minute farm to... I don't even know. I got 9 tokens in 2 runs, but that was with 6 chest-pullers.

COVID-19 wrote on Aug 10th, 2020 at 9:05am:
I'm seeing the same results. It's more random now than it used to be, you don't always get 2 tokens in two chests. I run it all the time.

This is nearly maddening enough to make me return to the motherboards to see if I can get a dev to look at it.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 10th, 2020 at 12:35pm:
This is nearly maddening enough to make me return to the motherboards to see if I can get a dev to look at it.

Fast forward a month from now (or three given SSG's general incompetency).

Update 49.devsdontgiveafuck notes:
Corrected a problem where Devils Assault on normal difficulty was dropping tokens when it was never intended to.  Tokens will no longer drop on normal difficulty.

While investigating that, we also discovered a bug in the loot tables which we had been ignoring for the past 10 years but have now decided it is not WAI since someone spoonfed us the info.  This was causing the global token drop rate to be 2x higher than intended and has been corrected.  The global token drop rate is now 50% of what it has been for the past ten years.  Credit to nomanumbnuts for bringing this to our attention.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Im starting to think we all got the mandela effect on guaranteed double token drop in EN Devils Assault.

There has been tons of threads since 2013 on Devils Assault being bugged (double token on EN).

From what I can gather:
  • Update 14 (MotU, mid 2012) brought multiple epic difficulties. This bugged Devils Assault and allowed players to get two tokens on Epic Normal or none at all. As the Shroud ingredients have a chance to take up the token slots. Epic Hard and Epic Elite presumably had the same chances as Epic Normal (or worse) but wasnt worth the effort due to the increased difficulty. Around Update 17, Epic Hard and Epic Elite gave token fragments in addition to the epic chest token. Im not sure if the ability to get a second token was possible in the higher difficulties. I also assume they made the epic chest token a guaranteed drop some time later.

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 10th, 2020 at 11:28pm:
Im starting to think we all got the mandela effect on guaranteed double token drop in EN Devils Assault.

There has been tons of threads since 2013 on Devils Assault being bugged (double token on EN).

From what I can gather:
  • Update 14 (MotU, mid 2012) brought multiple epic difficulties. This bugged Devils Assault and allowed players to get two tokens on Epic Normal or none at all. As the Shroud ingredients have a chance to take up the token slots. Epic Hard and Epic Elite presumably had the same chances as Epic Normal (or worse) but wasnt worth the effort due to the increased difficulty. Around Update 17, Epic Hard and Epic Elite gave token fragments in addition to the epic chest token. Im not sure if the ability to get a second token was possible in the higher difficulties. I also assume they made the epic chest token a guaranteed drop some time later.

So I had been farming DA for the past couple of weeks to feed my racial TRs. To make the process faster, I made 5 extra accounts for a total of 6 chest pulls.

As of the weekend before last, I was nearly always getting double tokens on all 6 accounts. at 6 chest pulls I was averaging 10 tokens per run.

As of this last Sunday, that dropped to about a 50% chance of 1 token in the epic chest and 0% in the second chest, so from 10 per run down to 3, maybe. Now granted, this is just from 2 runs, so there's a possibility I just got obscenely unlucky. I suppose its also possible I was ransacked and didn't see the alert 12 times.

Either way, that's what I'm seeing now, and is gonna severely slow up my racial grind Sad

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #9 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Can confirm. EN DA now sucks for token farming. Better off running a faster EE quest with pikers in the backpack.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Urg, whyyyyy?!

Stalin out my TR dreams.

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
To be clear, I meant I have run EN DA several times and come out with terrible token per minute returns despite having pikers. What a random Stealth Nerf.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
I wonder if it was on accident? Like they fixed something else and it broke ths?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 3:30pm:
I wonder if it was on accident? Like they fixed something else and it broke ths?

If they can activate hidden loot boost for Reaper Stat Helms and other highly desirable loots on the server side then they can decrease token droprates in the same fashion.

Sorry mate, looks like Stupid Stoned Gamedevelopers finally caught on.

IP Logged

Rose-tinted Goggles
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Nostalgia!

Reply #14 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 12:24pm:
So I had been farming DA for the past couple of weeks to feed my racial TRs. To make the process faster, I made 5 extra accounts for a total of 6 chest pulls.

As of the weekend before last, I was nearly always getting double tokens on all 6 accounts. at 6 chest pulls I was averaging 10 tokens per run.

As of this last Sunday, that dropped to about a 50% chance of 1 token in the epic chest and 0% in the second chest, so from 10 per run down to 3, maybe. Now granted, this is just from 2 runs, so there's a possibility I just got obscenely unlucky. I suppose its also possible I was ransacked and didn't see the alert 12 times.

I just ran an EN and got two tokens.

There has been threads since 2013 describing what you just said asking if DA was nerfed. Seems like you were ransacked or got incredibly unlucky. I wouldnt be surprised if there was a bug in certain instances where the chests give less tokens. Given the amount of threads with similar experiences. 

EDIT: Is there a chance that the DA chests are bugged in a way that they dont warn the player they're ransacked? Would explain whats been happening to people for the past 7-8 years.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:22pm by Rose-tinted Goggles »  

Update 1-13: The golden age of DDO

rest wrote on Oct 26th, 2012 at 12:53pm:
DDO is still the old fat wife I have at home who I can't fucking stand, but we've been together so long I can't see myself leaving.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
The real question is:

Why are none of you taking advantage of the free quests coupon code?
Create a full bot party and long gone are your dreaded hours of farming tokens.

It only takes about 20min (if u got the boxes or someone who can provide)
To roll, do tutorial and cap the bot.

and bonus point!: Not only you got yourself a full bot party to farm tokens, but also any gear!

Stop being lazy

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Rose-tinted Goggles wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:17pm:
EDIT: Is there a chance that the DA chests are bugged in a way that they dont warn the player they're ransacked? Would explain whats been happening to people for the past 7-8 years.

That actually would make a lot of sense.

Halfmaniac wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:28pm:
The real question is:

and bonus point!: Not only you got yourself a full bot party to farm tokens, but also any gear!

Stop being lazy

Dude Did you miss where I was doing exactly this? I'm running DA with a full bot party. And farming gear. I like my farm team. I never have to talk to anyone.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:35pm:
Dude Did you miss where I was doing exactly this? I'm running DA with a full bot party. And farming gear. I like my farm team. I never have to talk to anyone.

Ah my bad, didn't read.

Anyways, I think doing BoB 4 times, which is like 8min a run is probably the best value of time than doing DA?

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:49pm:
Ah my bad, didn't read.

Anyways, I think doing BoB 4 times, which is like 8min a run is probably the best value of time than doing DA?

The problem is I then have to run 6 characters through the wilderness and do all my farming runs in one sitting. Its probably faster in a "tokens per minute" value, but fails the "lazyness of my ass" metric. The thing I enjoyed about DA is I could park all the alts at the entrance, then anytime I had 20 minutes or so to spare, fire up the farm team and do a run. It cut back on the monoteny.

I also really enjoyed getting shroud matts. I dunno why, it gave me joy. I was even thinking of crafting some heroic greensteels for my "never going to TR" sorc. He deserves something nice for all his hard work.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:28pm:
The real question is:

Stop being lazy

What do you mean lazy? You would have to run all five of those extra characters up to level 20 unless there were some quick and easy and cost effective way to bypass that leveling process.

IP Logged

oldiebutgoodie
Korthos Resident

Justa Gamer

Reply #20 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:59am
Print Post  
I have been runnin it for awhile now, seems like EE is the way to go. New to the forums but def not new to the game. EN doesnt give tokens all the time anymore and EE you at least can get 1.5 tokens roughly each run so with 5 pikers its ur best bet.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 1:58am
Print Post  
I'll give EE a go next. Just did an absolutely brutal Slave Lords run so think I'm ready to go back a farmin.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 1:59am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 10:48pm:
What do you mean lazy? You would have to run all five of those extra characters up to level 20 unless there were some quick and easy and cost effective way to bypass that leveling process.

Yeah!

Too bad nothing like that exists!

Yup!

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #23 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
I just ran it again today and got 9 tokens between 6 characters. Weird. Maybe it was a time thing? Or just bad luck like was previously stated? Because I ran 2 times over the weekend and get 5 tokens each time then ... so maybe luck.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
That would definitely track. The only kinds of luck I have are "none" and "bad". You should see me in Vegas.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint