Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Don't be stupid (Read 4285 times)
Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Don't be stupid
Aug 10th, 2020 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Two friends I raid with got 30 day bans after talking about duped boxes in raid chat and discord. Meanwhile, myself and 4 others haven't had any troubles. Those two are good raiders and kitted out, but we won't be raiding or questing with them for a couple of weeks just in case SSG is looking at habitual teammates.

Don't be that guy.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2020 at 8:29pm by Dragonborn »  

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Don't be stupid
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Why anyone earth would anyone discuss it openly?

Dumb.

Keep it private or anonymous.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Here is an idea, don't cheat. Serves them right and I hope the OP gets busted soon.

IP Logged

Txfling
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
What's with Bishop? He must be fun at parties.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Txfling wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 5:21pm:

he gets his rocks off roleplaying through socks. dont judge

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Txfling wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 5:21pm:

I think the vault has been unfairly categorized as "the exploit boards".

But that's not fair at all.

The Vault is the retard boards.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #6 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 6:28pm:
The Vault is the retard boards.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #7 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 6:01pm:

Hardly lol! You flatter me, I have a hard enough time writing grammatically correct posts of my own much less trying to write them as someone else. I never have and never would use socks, ask Strake if you don't believe me. I understand that folks like yourself don't care for my anti-cheating attitude, and I may be kind of stuffy compared to others here but I think there is room for us all.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 7:06pm:
I never have and never would use socks, ask Strake if you don't believe me

D'you remember what happened last time you went nuts trying to defend yourself from sock accusations?

That was fun.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #9 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 7:47pm:
D'you remember what happened last time you went nuts trying to defend yourself from sock accusations?

That was fun.

I sure do, you were so peeved you kept mistaking me for the other account named bishop with the weird letter i and eventually found out it wasn't me and I was cool about it and didn't rub it in. So yeah, fun. And because of the interaction with you I learned to be much clearer this time bud, instead of the mistake of muddying the waters with IP or that stuff I put my neck right out there and said that I never have and never would use socks, ask Strake if you don't believe me, seriously ask him, publicly or use a private message, either way it's the same answer, I don't use socks.

Obviously we don't agree on the issue of cheating in DDO, but I don't think needs to be a bigger problem than it is, and I hardly think Rubbins is the type to need or appreciate someone trying to pinch-hit for him, as well-intentioned as it is.

Cheers
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2020 at 8:45pm by Bishop »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 8:33pm:
instead of the mistake of muddying the waters with IP or that stuff I put my neck right out there and said that I never have and never would use socks, ask Strake if you don't believe me, seriously ask him, publicly or use a private message

Apparently we haven't yet grasped the notion I was trying to drive home last time: the only information "Strake" has access to is the public IP address of anyone posting. Public IPs can easily be masked/changed through any number of widely available technologies.

Ergo: the only question Strake is capable of answering in the "does Bishop use socks" debacle is "can Bishop use a VPN/proxy?" to which Strake has already publicly answered "yes". You seem to be under the impression Strake can somehow confirm or deny more than that.

But, if you want to play that game, I'm happy to keep trolling you.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 11:27pm
Print Post  

I feel entitled enough to judge him based on that.   

Mainly because he's an amateur at descent rp (it's very obvious when he's doing it), but I'm definitely not going to waste my time actually making accounts to rile folks up.
This is inane behavior for an adult to perpetuate to the extent that he does.

A one-off, fine.  But this is very Interview with the Vampire.  He got a taste and said, "Please, sir, I want some more."

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #12 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:07am
Print Post  
The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 11:48pm:
Try exploited retards boards, accuracy fucking counts.

Strake, go to bed.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #13 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:08am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 9:29pm:
Apparently we haven't yet grasped the notion I was trying

I'm rather surprised that a fellow with a post count as high as yours doesn't realize the actual scope of Strake's data and knowledge of accounts and posters. No biggie, never mind my issue, but I'd suggest you convey your views to Strake via PM, he may more willing to elighten you via back channels as he has with some of us.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #14 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:08am:
I'm rather surprised that a fellow with a post count as high as yours doesn't realize the actual scope of Strake's data and knowledge of accounts and posters. No biggie, never mind my issue, but I'd suggest you convey your views to Strake via PM, he may more willing to elighten you via back channels as he has with some of us.

Basically, if you're from Arizona, he will vassalize you and you must swear fealty to his New York deli.  After that it's bologna and bolognese.

In the back of your mind you'll hear Strake's squaky voice every now and again in the desert saying "I'm your king!"  It's probably equivalent to wandering for 40 years.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #15 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Holy moly Strake really is in your head, he has, as the kids say, turned you out.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:55am by Bishop »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Aug 11th, 2020 at 8:33pm:
I hardly think Rubbins is the type to need or appreciate someone trying to pinch-hit for him, as well-intentioned as it is.

i love nothing more than tagging the homies in

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #17 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 1:24am
Print Post  

Agalmatophilia.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:08am:

I'll remind you again: I already asked. He said you're probably smart enough to google "VPN" and follow the instructibles. At this point I really don't know what other vindication you're asking for.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #19 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 2:06am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 12th, 2020 at 1:53am:
I'll remind you again: I already asked. He said you're probably smart enough to google "VPN" and follow the instructibles. At this point I really don't know what other vindication you're asking for.

Ah! I see the problem you think I need something out of this, some kind of validation... nope.

I merely suggested you contact Strake so as to answer your questions and possibly save you any loss of face like last time when you confused my account and the guy with the weird i for almost a week. I did that because you seem like an otherwise okay guy to me and I'd rather spare you the embarrassment that seemed to bother you. But if you want to continue to be intentionally obtuse and pretend it's about VPNs and sundry, that's cool, enjoy yourself, because Strake, several others and myself know I don't use socks and never have.

The only bummer for me is that I think there is a chance that you are being obtuse and trying to avoid asking Strake questions because deep down part of you knows you are wrong about me again and actually pretty afraid to find that out. Oh well, back to the matter at hand:

Don't cheat people!
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2020 at 2:15am by Bishop »  

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #20 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Aug 12th, 2020 at 2:06am:
Don't cheat people!

Let's all take a moment to appreciate the moral high ground of a perpetual liar and LABBerRPer pointing at a squirrel.  #missyElliottIt

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #21 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 12th, 2020 at 12:07am:
Strake, go to bed.

Pretty sure I do a good enough job of riling you up as it is, no socks needed. I basically tossed out a couple of half-assed sissy slaps in your general direction and watched you lose your shit for a week.

Also, I could sock better than most. Things like low post counts - or even naming rules - don't apply to me in the same way. I've been Head-Meat for over two years now and no one has noticed.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Dare to be stupid
Reply #22 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 10:52am
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2020 at 10:54am by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #23 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
We Todd Did

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!