Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) stop Selling/trading boxes in-game with randoms (Read 15489 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: stop Selling/trading boxes in-game with randoms
Reply #100 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
I've got 300 unique filigrees in stacks as large as 20. I don't know if uncommons are supposed to exist but from what I can tell they only come in common and rare, and at 300+ different ones I cannot be assed to learn which are valuable and which aren't.

This is what I'm talking about when I say "SSG fails at having an economy": they create 300 distinct objects, 5 of them are worth a fortune and 295 are so numerous as to be completely worthless. I can't take 5 common filigree and trade/sell them for an uncommon, and so on until I get the rare. The only option is pay $$ or farm until it drops for me.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #101 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 5:50pm:
I've got 300 unique filigrees in stacks as large as 20. I don't know if uncommons are supposed to exist but from what I can tell they only come in common and rare, and at 300+ different ones I cannot be assed to learn which are valuable and which aren't.

This is what I'm talking about when I say "SSG fails at having an economy": they create 300 distinct objects, 5 of them are worth a fortune and 295 are so numerous as to be completely worthless. I can't take 5 common filigree and trade/sell them for an uncommon, and so on until I get the rare. The only option is pay $$ or farm until it drops for me.

I have a friend who was into WoW. He had like the market on a particular crafted leather piece used for armor, and he controlled like 30% of the market on his server. Kinda fun. He had like an app hooked in he could check prices and sales, I think. (not logged in). It would be nice if DDO had something like that. Interestingly, he introduced me to DDO. I tried WoW for a while too. But, I couldn't get into it. Too trinity oriented AND the graphics are too cartoony to me.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #102 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 6:02pm:
I have a friend who was into WoW. He had like the market on a particular crafted leather piece used for armor, and he controlled like 30% of the market on his server. Kinda fun. He had like an app hooked in he could check prices and sales, I think. (not logged in). It would be nice if DDO had something like that. Interestingly, he introduced me to DDO. I tried WoW for a while too. But, I couldn't get into it. Too trinity oriented AND the graphics are too cartoony to me.

WoW had actually economists on staff to help them build and design systems that would let players grind for money. So for example, I could go kill things for cotton cloth, and then craft that into bolts of cotton. And since cotton bandages were a thing, there was a constant demand for it.

Farmed item --> crafted item --> consumed item --> demand for for farmed item

Doesn't mean you didn't have to work for it, but the point being: all I had to know was "farm cloth, craft bolts, sell bolts". I didn't need any apps or spreadsheets or elaborate knowledge of which bolts were worth money and which were vendor trash. They all had value thanks to the nature of the game.

So I could, hypothetically, so next door to the human starting area, find a rapid spawn point, grind for weeks, and buy the most expensive item on the AH just by selling crafted bolts of cloth to other players.

DDO, if you want to make any "money"(shards) you have to have super special secret knowledge of which items sell, then grind intensely for them day and night until 1 drops because its only insanely rare items that have value.

Its frustrating, is my point.

And yeah, I too found WoW too trinity-oriented and cartoony. I played a lot around release and for the next year and a half. The big problem was no customization - or, not none, just "none allowed". If you weren't playing the single best build you weren't welcome in pugs.

I think thats why I like DDO so much - its about as polar-opposite as you can get, to the point where we could argue for years about the "best build" and never agree.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #103 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 7:10pm
Print Post  

I've always hated the idea of crafting, but I will say this: Wildstar nailed it. They even intentionally made some items that, when crafted, would sell to the vendor for more than the sum of the raw materials. This put demand on almost all farmed items. They also had a great farming system, which integrated with the housing system (which was also AMAZING).

There were so many amazing things about Wildstar. It blows my mind that they shut down and DDO persists. That's not to say that Wildstar was without fault - their transition to endgame was a fatal flaw IMO.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #104 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
I want DDO deep, complex multi-classing, WoW/Wildstar's crafting system, and Asheron Call's massive open-world system, all in one game.

Is that too much to ask?

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #105 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
On topic: That thread linked in the OP is now 8 pages long. Probably 70% against dupers and 30% indifferent or in support.

No response from devs. Interesting.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:28pm by Head-Meat »  

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #106 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:28pm:
On topic: That thread linked in the OP is now 8 pages long. Probably 70% against dupers and 30% indifferent or in support.

No response from devs. Interesting.

Why would they respond?

If they're trying to catch some folks in the act, there's no way they'd tell us they're doing "something" about it.

They also wouldn't tell us they weren't doing something about it for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:32pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #107 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Normally they delete threads like that. Been going nearly a week.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #108 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:47pm:
Normally they delete threads like that. Been going nearly a week.

Yep. Several IB4L at beginning..

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #109 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Haven't we learned they basically can't do anything?

My guess: They can only really get evidence by accessing specific accounts and looking at inventories. It takes a LOT of time to do that. They have limited resources. So, they rely on people who have been reported.

Seems to match past behavior anyway.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #110 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:57pm:
Seems to match past behavior anyway.

This should be applied to all message boards, matching past behaviors.

Specifically when ethically-challenged folks are running amuck imitating another user.

Might be worth looking into before speculating someone committed a cyber crime. Hmm?   Deleting another user's data is probably a no-no.   And I no no do it.

Pending where the server is hosted if not in Strake's basement, a California-based company would have the CDAFA backing them in this regard.

And again, not my cup of tea.  Someone else is deleting folks's shit on this forum, including my own pictures.

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #111 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:55pm:
Yep. Several IB4L at beginning..

AND just a few days earlier they deleted a similar thread before it had 4 replies. A similar thread doing the exact same thing: bringing light to the problem without shedding any details, just "this is a thing that exists".

Weird behavior.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #112 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 9:02pm:
This should be applied to all message boards, matching past behaviors.

Specifically when ethically-challenged folks are running amuck imitating another user.

Might be worth looking into before speculating someone committed a cyber crime. Hmm?   Deleting another user's data is probably a no-no.   And I no no do it.

Pending where the server is hosted if not in Strake's basement, a California-based company would have the CDAFA backing them in this regard.

And again, not my cup of tea.  Someone else is deleting folks's shit on this forum, including my own pictures.

Kristy's PM's where he claims credit can be found here:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1597726532/12#12

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #113 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 10:39pm:
Kristy's PM's where he claims credit can be found here:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1597726532/12#12

So you're literally all of these socks trying to play 8D chess and set me up?

I didn't do it.  You haven't yet shown a forum log of me deleting files through whatever exploit was done.

Either well-played, but I didn't do it, OR your sock friends are making us both look like assholes.

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Aug 19th, 2020 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 8:31pm:
Why would they respond?

If they're trying to catch some folks in the act, there's no way they'd tell us they're doing "something" about it.

They also wouldn't tell us they weren't doing something about it for obvious reasons.

Because its like customer service 101 to say something like "We appreciate the reports of blah blah blah and want to assure you that we are investigating them seriously and will make further announcements when we have more information".

Then again, SSG doesnt seem very good at stuff like that...

IP Logged

KlownKar
Korthos Resident

Brain Candy Pez Dispenser

Reply #115 - Aug 19th, 2020 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Oh shit, Nancy got punted. Too bad, I wanted to see her serve my dog papers for small claims court.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #116 - Aug 19th, 2020 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
For those of you playing along in our home game: it is VERY hard to get banned from the Vault. Kissy joins the ranks of just 3 people who have succeeded.

IP Logged

doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Aug 19th, 2020 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Fuck now there is no drama anymore Angry Angry Grin

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #118 - Aug 19th, 2020 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
doyourealyknow wrote on Aug 19th, 2020 at 7:18pm:
Fuck now there is no drama anymore Angry Angry Grin

YOU WANT DRAMA, BITCH? I WILL FUCKING GIVE YOU DRAMAMA!!!!!

Too much? It was a serious question, though.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #119 - Aug 19th, 2020 at 7:21pm
Print Post  

I know, right?

No worries, there will be another. This place draws them like moths to a flame.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #120 - Aug 19th, 2020 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
We're our own special little island of insanity.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #121 - Aug 19th, 2020 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Please shit on my tits

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #122 - Aug 20th, 2020 at 12:57am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 19th, 2020 at 7:31pm:
Please shit on my tits

You will have to buy me dinner first, for both cultural and practical reasons.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Free xp stones being handed out again
Reply #123 - Sep 2nd, 2020 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
1st life, level toon was running around the harbor and market tonight handing out free stones and singing praises of a player, lol! went looking for them after a guildy got a 3 stones but the toon no longer existed.

Fucking Hilarious.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: Free xp stones being handed out again
Reply #124 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Sep 2nd, 2020 at 11:38pm:
1st life, level toon was running around the harbor and market tonight handing out free stones and singing praises of a player, lol! went looking for them after a guildy got a 3 stones but the toon no longer existed.

Fucking Hilarious.

Did the toon name include "Kist" or "Dark"?

Grin

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint