Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) stop Selling/trading boxes in-game with randoms (Read 15478 times)
Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Re: stop Selling/trading boxes in-game with randoms
Reply #125 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 11:31am
Print Post  
No, don't have guild text saved but it was something like remring, remiss, remro, etc...  was gone about twenty minutes afterward. Third time it's happened on Khyber.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 11:48am
Print Post  
It's a shame that you can't use the stones on other players or we'd see people randomly getting targeted by XP stones in public instances.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #127 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Where's my fucking free stones?!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #128 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 12:59pm:
Where's my fucking free stones?!

Up your butt and around the corner?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #129 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
They are back on Khyber running around handing them out right now. And would you believe some people are bitching about it in general chat? fucking white knight fan bois

Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #130 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
I miss all the good stuff Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #131 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
I got the 'blessings' three-pack, hero/epic/imp

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #132 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 2:28pm:
I got the 'blessings' three-pack, hero/epic/imp

Grin

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #133 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
This is terrible and SSG needs to be notified about it so they can ban that account. I had heard rumors but had assumed they were just that until today. It has to be stopped PDQ.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #134 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
SSG already knows about the problem, they are just being tight-lipped as usual. Communication just isn't their "thing".

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #135 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
I rather doubt they knew cheaters were running around giving away what must be duped stones as some sick prank, but they should soon and I hope they ban the jerks for life.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #136 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
No ones doing it on their main. All SSG can ban is the lvl1 barbarian fresh off korthos who's actually passing the stones out, and you can bet whoever does get that ban will just laugh and have a new character up inside of an hour.

What they should NOT do is ban the player who's praises are being sung, because obviously that's a prank, but SSG is a buncha dumbfucks, so who really knows.

As for the player actually behind the prank? Good luck. If he traded the rocks through 7 different accounts; and even to find that they'd have to come through a mountain of server logs. That's assuming the server even does log transactions, it might not even bother.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #137 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 7:20pm:
This is terrible and SSG needs to be notified about it so they can ban that account. I had heard rumors but had assumed they were just that until today. It has to be stopped PDQ.

You're right.

SSG should delete Khyber to put an end to this.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 2:11am
Print Post  
I think handing out stones to the poors is absolutely GRAND!

Bishop is the kind of tight-wad asshole that plays solitaire and then bitches when someone else doesn’t play solitaire by the same rules. Ignore that tool and may the person handing out xp stones be praised!

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 7:58pm:
I rather doubt they knew cheaters were running around giving away what must be duped stones as some sick prank, but they should soon and I hope they ban the jerks for life.

SSG has known for weeks that people are doing that. It was mentioned repeatedly in the "OMG SOMEONE HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE OTTOS BOXES!!!!!1!!!eleven!" thread on the main boards. 

There's a patch today.  We'll see what happens there.

Also, banning the accounts that are giving away free stones isn't going to do jack shit because I guarantee that the players who are doing that made throwaway accounts to do their "performance art".

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #140 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Whats going to happen is they will quietly patch the exploit, and we will return to our previously scheduled idiocy several hundred past-lives richer.

Now, if SSG were SMART, they'd do something to gracefully remove those extra boxes from the system. I don't mean "go into the code and hand delete them" I mean "create an NPC that gives you something cool for them". But its SSG, they won't do that.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #141 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 8:17pm:
All SSG can ban is the lvl1 barbarian fresh off korthos

Yep was a barb who gave me the 3-pack 'Blessing of Grand' and everyone else I talk to about it says it was always a 1st lev barb in Korthos gear named Re****i (fuck ya Cordo) except the race of the toon kept changing. I heard about Human, Drow, Dwarf, Halfling, Elf, and a Tief so far. Pretty fucking funny stuff. Our rogue took a screeny with him over the weekend.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #142 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Sep 4th, 2020 at 2:26pm:
Yep was a barb who gave me the 3-pack 'Blessing of Grand' and everyone else I talk to about it says it was always a 1st lev barb in Korthos gear named Re****i (fuck ya Cordo) except the race of the toon kept changing. I heard about Human, Drow, Dwarf, Halfling, Elf, and a Tief so far. Pretty fucking funny stuff. Our rogue took a screeny with him over the weekend.

Well now Drow is interesting as it would imply either someone is dumb enough to do it on their legit account or they for some reason ground a bunch of favor on a throwaway. I suppose both are possible; or more likely someone was just confused about the race Tongue

IP Logged

Valerianus
Korthos Resident

I Whole Lotta Love Drama!

Reply #143 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:16pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #144 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 4th, 2020 at 2:32pm:
Well now Drow is interesting as it would imply either someone is dumb enough to do it on their legit account or they for some reason ground a bunch of favor on a throwaway. I suppose both are possible; or more likely someone was just confused about the race Tongue

Actually... (as he pushes his glasses up his nose..) A male and then a female tiefling version of the barbarian was running around Korthos and the Borderlands city for almost an hour last night practically mugging 1st lifers.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #145 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Valerianus wrote on Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:16pm:

It was mildly amusing but the amount of stupid in that thread gives KNN a run for his money.

Dragonborn wrote on Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:17pm:
Actually... (as he pushes his glasses up his nose..) A male and then a female tiefling version of the barbarian was running around Korthos and the Borderlands city for almost an hour last night practically mugging 1st lifers.

Interesting. Then yeah, someone's premium account might get banned Tongue

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #146 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Valerianus wrote on Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:16pm:

That thread is getting good lol. Shame it is in the new player section instead of General board. It would fucking explode with outraged pallys if it was there.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #147 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Its like 9 posts and 1 person legitimately thinks interacting with a player in DDO can give their computer a virus.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #148 - Sep 5th, 2020 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Barbarian Stone Fairy sighting in market.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #149 - Sep 6th, 2020 at 10:06am
Print Post  
“Blessing from grand is well known malware that might infect your computer and steal vulnerable data like bank accounts etc. You might need to unistall windows and clear the whole disc to make sure you were not infected. Preferably you should also change accomodation.”

Exactly how fucking stupid is mobo troll Gniewomir anyway?  Did somebody drop a fucking I-beam on his soft skull, or was he born a crack baby because his mom’s a cock-swallowing junky?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint