Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) stop Selling/trading boxes in-game with randoms (Read 15409 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: stop Selling/trading boxes in-game with randoms
Reply #50 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:27am:
I've seen a lot of terrible people pile in on a defamation claim.

Everyone who told you your "defamation claim" was hot fucking horse shit was trying to help you. Its called "helping someone not fucking embarrass themselves", and a whole lot of vaulties have tried to do that.

You want specific names?

I FUCKING TRIED TO HELP YOU by explaining, in simple words, that you were opening yourself up to multiple slander lawsuits.

Over in your retarded fucking "legal advice" thread, none other than Technomage himself told you, in no uncertain terms, that you were an idiot for pursuing this path. He made it very clear right here:

Technomage wrote on Jul 6th, 2020 at 7:53pm:
So yes, I have handed you a rope. Now go and hang yourself with it.

Are you honestly too stupid to see that that was a warning?

Piss or get off the fucking pot.

File your bullshit lawsuit and watch it get thrown out, or get the fuck off these forums and stop embarrassing yourself.

Balls in your court, idiot.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:44am
Print Post  
People bitching on the forums are retards.

That said, I was recently offered an Otto's stone for a Schizim shard out of KT.  It's a stupid shard, that you need what, 5 to craft with?  Some random is tossing around your choice, epic or heroic stone for just 1 shard?

Nope, not duped. No way, gotta be legit.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #52 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:56am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:44am:
Its called "helping someone not fucking embarrass themselves"

If you were trying to not embarrass me, don't bump libel posts that try to embarrass me.

You can't claim helpfulness and then be a jackass to me in every other way possible.  It isn't helpful.  It's libel. It's defamation.  It's not right.

I FUCKING TRIED TO HELP YOU by explaining, in simple words, that you were opening yourself up to multiple slander lawsuits.

Right.  'cuz I'm talking to any of you on the phone, saying something about a person?

Slander is spoken and require to be personal information in relation to the target that is false and damages them in some form.
Libel is written ""  "" "" "" "" etc.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about, I'm sorry.

Over in your retarded fucking "legal advice" thread, none other than Technomage himself told you, in no uncertain terms, that you were an idiot for pursuing this path. He made it very clear right here:

Uh, maybe because he's pals with the Arizona vassal squad and wants to convince me to drop this course of action.  Right now I'm looking at clear defamation on this board.  I don't know why you think it's acceptable.

Balls in your court

I know.  Smiley  It's coming Soon.TM
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:57am by Kistilan »  

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #53 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 4:29am
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:56am:
If you were trying to not embarrass me, don't bump libel posts that try to embarrass me.

Oh, no, I am absolutely trying to embarrass you by bumping that thread. Not denying it.

I was trying to help you not embarrass yourself by recommending you stop bumping it yourself or otherwise drawing attention to it.

Very different things. Yes, its totally possible for someone to troll you and try to help you at the same time. I'm an enigma like that. I'm also an asshole. Welcome to the Vault.

You can't claim helpfulness and then be a jackass to me in every other way possible. 

I absolutely can.

It isn't helpful.  It's libel. It's defamation.  It's not right.

There you go again pretending you know what those words are. Saying mean things about someone on the internet isn't defamation or libel, idiot. Its free speech.

Here's the thing about free speech: I have the right to say anything I want.

You have the right not to listen.

You can't stop me from saying it, but you can stop hanging out on the tiny niche forum where I'm making fun of you.

And if ya left tomorrow?

We'd all have forgotten about you in a week.

I guess, in a way, that's the biggest insult here. If you did leave, everyone would forget you ever existed. And maybe thats why you're still here. We call you names and insult you constantly, but we're still talking to you, and negative attention is the only kind of attention you can get.

Right.  'cuz I'm talking to any of you on the phone, saying something about a person?

Slander is spoken and require to be personal information in relation to the target that is false and damages them in some form.

Dear god your kistardation knows no bounds.

Hey, guys, can we all band together and make "kistarded" a thing? Kind of like with Chonas and Choneing? I feel like Kisty's specific brand of retarded is special enough.

Uh, maybe because he's pals with the Arizona vassal squad and wants to convince me to drop this course of action. 

Or because he's got more than the two fucking braincells it takes to see you have 0 case?

Right now I'm looking at clear defamation on this board.  I don't know why you think it's acceptable.

Over here we have "the law" and over here we have "what idiot kisty wants the law to be", and nary the two shall meet.

But after you fix your truck, and shovel some chicken shit, and sue 8 other people, right?

Piss or get off the fucking pot.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #54 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Because Strake is Schrödinger's admin Tongue

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #55 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Dude I told you my buddy would give you money! He's the fucking crown prince of nigeria! Didnt you get his spam emails?
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2020 at 2:01pm by noamineo »  

IP Logged

doyourealyknow
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Roll Eyes give me more drama

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #57 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
I'm working on it but dumb dumb kisty is offline! Probably fixing his truck or thinking about how he can somehow sue more anonymous strangers on the internet Tongue

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 6:30pm
Print Post  

You can't claim helpfulness and then be a jackass to me in every other way possible.  It isn't helpful.  It's libel. It's defamation.  It's not right.

Uh, maybe because he's pals with the Arizona vassal squad and wants to convince me to drop this course of action.  Right now I'm looking at clear defamation on this board.  I don't know why you think it's acceptable.

Libel is a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation. No one here knows who you even are. No one who knows who you are knows that the things being written on the Vault are about you.

How can your reputation be damaged if no one even knows who you are?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #59 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
I would also be hard-pressed to call the vault "publishing". Its more like a lot of inane screaming.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #60 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 4:55am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 6:30pm:
Libel is a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation. No one here knows who you even are. No one who knows who you are knows that the things being written on the Vault are about you.

How can your reputation be damaged if no one even knows who you are?

Well, you should be right. People should be smart enough not to make a vault account with their real name as the handle.

OTOH, google "kistilan" and weep for humanity.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2020 at 5:10am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #61 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 5:11am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 4:55am:
Well, you should be right. People should be smart enough not to make a vault account with their real name as the handle.

OMFG!!!!  This gem was at the VERY top of the googles... 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/saveVeteranVehicle

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:25am
Print Post  

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Kistan, what is wrong with you?  If you had a first name like Larry or Michael or David, you could get away with something like that but with a first name Kistilan... you are seriously the dumbest fuck on the whole Vault and you should be ashamed. Maybe if you were 20 there might be an excuse. Damn, son.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #63 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:58am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:25am:
Kistan, what is wrong with you?

Do you really want an answer to that question, though?

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #64 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 12:10pm
Print Post  

Smiley Smiley Smiley

That's for 5FS and the Pope Grin

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #65 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 1:13pm
Print Post  

Oops

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #66 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Jug wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 1:19am:
Isn't it funny when I'm a bigot?

Word replacement is not bigotry.   You idiot.  Jew idiot.  Means the same thing, just replacing you with jew sets you off.

So it's important to jew, I'm sorry, but it's just a word that's not a slighting.  Jew is not a denigrating word.  Jew however are a denigrating sock.

Off to the laundromat with you where we'll wash you naked and clean and throw you in the gas dryer and have you fluffed out for my feet.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #67 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:25am:
Kistan, what is wrong with you?  If you had a first name like Larry or Michael or David, you could get away with something like that but with a first name Kistilan... you are seriously the dumbest fuck on the whole Vault and you should be ashamed. Maybe if you were 20 there might be an excuse. Damn, son.

Nothing is wrong with me.

This is the only place in 25 years of Internet use where I've encountered people that went out of their way to research me, post my public information, make lies about me, affect my security clearance and career.

The whole purpose of stating a defamation libel lawsuit is because that's exactly what happened.

I'm sorry if you think I shouldn't have, but I'm not a time traveler so I can't fix this to meet your requirements.

I can however file a lawsuit against The Vault and everyone that has piled on the 3 most-evident false claims being made.  Because it is searchable on the Internet and because publishing it to a forum can be interpreted as publication and because I asked Strakeln to remove all of this and he refused and instead posted these things, I have no other option at this time but to go forward in court.

But nothing is wrong with me and I'm not ashamed.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #68 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 6:11pm:
Nothing is wrong with me.

Quote:
I can however file a lawsuit against The Vault and everyone that has piled on the 3 most-evident false claims being made.  Because it is searchable on the Internet and because publishing it to a forum can be interpreted as publication and because I asked Strakeln to remove all of this and he refused and instead posted these things, I have no other option at this time but to go forward in court.

Undecided

I’ll be honest, part of me wants to see whatever this is presented to a judge. I want to see the expression on his/her face when they are introduced to this “case”.

Fortunately or unfortunately, this mild desire will remain—like many of Kist’s fantasies—unfulfilled.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2020 at 7:21pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #69 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 7:19pm:
I’ll be honest, part of me wants to see whatever this is presented to a judge. I want to see the expression on his/her face when they are introduced to this “case”.

I imagine bordem. Followed by disbelief. Followed by repeated mouthing of "what the fuck?" followed by saying outload "I don't get paid enough for this shit" followed by reaching for a stiff drink, then mumbling "I can't believe I went to lawschool for this shit" and scribbling a big fat REJECTED on the form.

Head-Meat wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 7:19pm:
Fortunately or unfortunately, this mild desire will remain—like many of Kist’s fantasies—unfulfilled.

But we'll always have the memories.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #70 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:38pm:
I imagine bordem. Followed by disbelief. Followed by repeated mouthing of "what the fuck?" followed by saying outload "I don't get paid enough for this shit" followed by reaching for a stiff drink, then mumbling "I can't believe I went to lawschool for this shit" and scribbling a big fat REJECTED on the form.

I imagine they would say "Damn son...you got trolled."

Then if they were feeling extremely patient and generous, explain why "cyber defamation" isn't a thing in this country:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law

Quote:
After Stratton Oakmont, Inc. v. Prodigy Services Co., 1995 N.Y. Misc. Lexis 229 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. May 24, 1995), applied the standard publisher/distributor test to find an online bulletin board liable for post by a third party, Congress specifically enacted 47 U.S.C. § 230 (1996) to reverse the Prodigy findings and to provide for private blocking and screening of offensive material. § 230(c) states "that no provider or user of an interactive computer shall be treated as a publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider", thereby providing forums immunity for statements provided by third parties. Thereafter, cases such as Zeran v. America Online, 129 F.3d 327 (4th Cir. 1997), and Blumenthal v. Drudge, 992 F. Supp. 44 (D.D.C. 1998), have demonstrated that although courts are expressly uneasy with applying § 230, they are bound to find providers like AOL immune from defamatory postings. This immunity applies even if the providers are notified of defamatory material and neglect to remove it, because provider liability upon notice would likely cause a flood of complaints to providers, would be a large burden on providers, and would have a chilling effect on freedom of speech on the Internet.

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996 generally immunizes from liability parties that create forums on the Internet in which defamation occurs from liability for statements published by third parties. This has the effect of precluding all liability for statements made by persons on the Internet whose identity cannot be determined.

"Dismissed!"

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #71 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Hey, the Communications Decency Act of 1996 was only passed 24 years ago. Kisty has to fix his truck, and clean out the chicken coup, and beg for money, he's too busy to keep up on shit like this, is what I'm saying.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #72 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:55pm:
Communications Decency Act of 1996 was only passed 24 years ago.

You should take this information and look for precedent rulings AFTER it was passed, say post 2009 in particular.

You'll find better precedents and expectations.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #73 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Once again: Kistilan demonstrates less understanding of the law than a tub of modly sour cream, while being half as useful.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #74 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 1:24am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 12:59am:
Once again: Kistilan demonstrates less understanding of the law than a tub of modly sour cream, while being half as useful.

I wish I lived in a world where if I repeat it enough, it must be true.  It seems to work from Trump, yeah?

That's cool.  You do you.

In the real world, I'm well aware of my demonstrations and their accuracy.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint