Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Legal Case Against Dupers (Read 5790 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Legal Case Against Dupers
Reply #25 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 14th, 2020 at 11:56pm:
HAVE YOU EVER GONE TO COURT?!?!

In fact I have.

So for those of you keeping score at home, we've now had:

*An actual, paid attorney with an expertise in this area

*A guy who went to law school but didn't take the bar

*The official SSG TOS

*The Motherboards

*And the ENTIRE VAULT FORUM

All tell this guy he's wrong.

And here he is, still insisting he's right!

Ya know, he may be a piece of shit.

But you GOTTA admire that 'never-say-die' attitude.

Kistilan wrote on Aug 14th, 2020 at 11:56pm:
Fuck.   I have settled OUT OF COURT 3 times, and it was IN A COURT.  The judge asked if we wanted to arbitrate, and I said "Sure" and the plaintiff or defendant said "Sure"  and I got what I wanted without a judgement or hearing, saving the Judge a boatload of time and decision work.

Now think how much more you could have saved them by not filing stupid lawsuits in the first place.

And before you try to defend yourself, remember what your reputation is like on this. No matter what you come back with, we will all think it was a stupid lawsuit.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #26 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 14th, 2020 at 11:23pm:
1.  Copyright is infringed upon by duplicating an item that is digitally copyrighted in the game.

*facepalm*

Just so wrong.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #27 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 1:12am
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 1:01am:
*facepalm*

Just so wrong.

Right?

By Kistarded logic taking a screenshot constitutes copyright infringement. Such a fucking idiot.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

Reply #28 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 1:19am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 1:12am:
Kistarded logic

lol.

Kistarded logic would also claim every turd on the planet is illegal because they all look like his.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 2:14am
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 1:19am:
lol.

Kistarded logic would also claim every turd on the planet is illegal because they all look like his.

Kistarded logic: every time you masturbate it's child abandonment because that load might have made a baby.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #30 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:23am
Print Post  
taking a screenshot constitutes copyright infringement. Such a fucking idiot.

You are hopeless.  That's not at all equivalent to recreating the functional item through a dupe. 

If you started selling the screenshots, yes, that would infringe on SSG's copyright.

Also, your "score at home" is way vapid and is a wide net with no proof.  You are tallying things that have not even happened and no SSG TOS was posted to show the Turbine TOS is not indeed the functioning copy.  I was looking, I've not found SSG's TOS.

You guys can mask this all you want, I think Dupe Store Owners are probably going to find themselves in litigation later.

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #31 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:23am:
You are I am hopeless. 

ftfy.

That's not at all equivalent to recreating the functional item through a dupe. 

That's EXACTLY what it is, accordting to your kistarded logic. The instant you hit "print screen" you are duplicating a fictional image.

But go ahead, keep insisting you know better. You've had your ass kicked by literally everyone on this forum. Keep coming back for more.

If you started selling the screenshots, yes, that would infringe on SSG's copyright.

Wrong again, moron. According to actual copyright law, something as simple as a screen shot would fall under "fair use" and would therefore be legal to sell(not that anyone would ever buy them).

The boxes obviously don't fall under "fair use" but they also don't fall under copyright infringement. Really, its fascinating to watch someone be so wrong in so many directions, but also stick to their guns so hard.

Also, your "score at home" is way vapid and is a wide net with no proof. 

Riiiiight. Because you need "proof" to say random shit on forums.

Hey, you keep claiming you were a special forces operator, where's that DD214?

Or, gosh, is it possible you were never in the military? Prove it, asshole.

You are tallying things that have not even happened and no SSG TOS was posted to show the Turbine TOS is not indeed the functioning copy.

What the fucking fuck is this retarded bullshit? You might as well have posted WoW's TOS and said it was relevent. Turbine, for whatever status it still exists in, DOES NOT FUCKING OWN DDO ANYMORE.

How the fuck are you so stupid you can sit here and claim a TOS from another company is valid in this instance? That's like some next-level retard shit.

Then again at least its on brand for you. I actually read through your entire legal advice thread(and laughed my ass off the entire time). You keep posting entirely unrelated cases thinking they somehow prove I don't even know what. Your stupidity is a source of endless amusement.

I was looking, I've not found SSG's TOS.

That's because you're an idiot. The relevant sections of the SSG TOS that show how wrong you are were posted on the motherboards AND FUCKING SCREENSHOTED HERE IN THIS THREAD.

You guys can mask this all you want, I think Dupe Store Owners are probably going to find themselves in litigation later.

You go on thinking that. At this point its pretty obvious nothing more than several sharp blows to the head can possibly change what you think on things.

Hey! I think we just had a breakthrough! Your ex-wife must have had a thought that you didn't agree with, and you were just trying to change her mind! It all makes sense.

Anyway, fortunately what "The law" says and "what kisty thinks the law should say" are two entirely disconnected things.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #32 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 4:38am
Print Post  
By Kistarded logic taking a screenshot constitutes copyright infringement. Such a fucking idiot.

Kistarded logic and Gaylan behaviorTM

IP Logged

ddoplayer98
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Yea I have about as much chance of finding myself in litigation as Krist has of actually being right...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
ddoplayer98 wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 10:05am:
Yea I have about as much chance of finding myself in litigation as Krist has of actually being right...

More chance of that, my friend, but only because the law of averages. There's a slim possibility that, somewhere, some day, at some point in your life, someone( definitely not SSG) will try to sue you. Its unlikely, but possible.

Meanwhile kisty being wrong is a universal constant.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
You are hopeless.  That's not at all equivalent to recreating the functional item through a dupe. 

Also, your "score at home" is way vapid and is a wide net with no proof.  You are tallying things that have not even happened and no SSG TOS was posted to show the Turbine TOS is not indeed the functioning copy.  I was looking, I've not found SSG's TOS.

You do not have to make money from someone else’s IP to violate copyright. That has come up in the courts over and over and over again. You are SO bad at this.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #36 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 12:59pm:
You do not have to make money from someone else’s IP to violate copyright.

That's not the argument.

You are so bad at reading comprehension.  All the same people, son.  DAMN.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #37 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 15th, 2020 at 4:01am:
Riiiiight. Because you need "proof" to say random shit on forums.

Hey, you keep claiming you were a special forces operator, where's that DD214?

Or, gosh, is it possible you were never in the military? Prove it, asshole.

The BSM from 2014 is posted on this forum.  Fuck your request for my DD214.  It's legit.

But I have NEVER claimed to be special forces operator.   That is something you and your multitude of socks made up about me.

I was an aviator and Aviators in theater are known as Operators.  I was an AMLO also and that inserts me in with Special Forces occasionally, jumping out of planes, creating makeshift drop zones for resupply, opening airfields for forward forces and securing the freedoms of asshats like yourself and such.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
If items in a game are copyrighted, does playing a game like neverwinter 1 or 2 and using a save game editor to dupe gear count as a copyright violation?

That's certaintly an interesting theory. I'm kind of tempted to email a professor i know that teaches copyright law and ask his opinion on it, but it wouldn't be very polite to waste his time like that...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #39 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 6:15pm:
That is something you and your multitude of socks made up about me.

YYEEEESSS!!!!! I'VE FINALLY BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING A SOCK!!!!!

Ahh, my vault career is complete.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #40 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:32pm:
If items in a game are copyrighted, does playing a game like neverwinter 1 or 2 and using a save game editor to dupe gear count as a copyright violation?

That's certaintly an interesting theory. I'm kind of tempted to email a professor i know that teaches copyright law and ask his opinion on it, but it wouldn't be very polite to waste his time like that...

Ultimately copyright (or, really, any kind of)law really comes down to who has the most money to piss away on legal fees. It doesn't actually matter whether your right if you can bury the other guy in so many motions that he settles out of court just to shut you up. This is the actual strategy used by the likes of the IRAA and MPAA or other large companies when they go after little people.

In the completely irrelevant and unrelated example, this is what Epic, the makers of Fortnite did do the kid who was hacking the game. They never intended to prove he'd violated their copyright in court, all they had to do was threaten to bankrupt his family with legal fees.

Unfortunately, we knows thanks from his various posts, that lil' kisty most definitely does not have hundreds of thousands of dollars to piss away mounting an out-of-state lawsuit.

Did I say unfortunately? I meant hilariously.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #41 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
I'm guessing by "bsm" he means he put up a picture of a bronze star? And that's supposed to prove... what? They're like 35 bucks on eBay, and the internet is literally full of pictures of them.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #42 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:58pm:

Go ask your other socks.  Bishop in particular had this as a reply back when he started accusing stolen valor.  It's not a picture of a piece of metal -- it's a citation and two pages of official document work.  Go fish.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #43 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Ya know, the courts ARE going to ask you to produce more evidence than even the vault forum. We'd be happy to let you go if you'd drop it. We don't give a shit. If you can't provide more "proof" than some pictures you pulled off the internet, your case will get thrown out even faster than it already will be.

Is the pathetic excuse for a "lawsuit" some sort of attempt to study relativistic effects? Or are you just hoping to be the first person in history to present a suit so stupid the court crumples it up and throws it in your face.

I would like, now, to was philosophical, for a moment. There once lived a Frenchmen named Jean-Marie Loret. He spent several decades of his life attempting to prove that he was the illegitimate son of one Adolf Hitler. The obvious question, here is, "Dear sweet merciful God, WHY?!" If any sane person had even an inkling of common sense and thought just maybe they might be Hitler's son, they'd bury the notion as fast as they could. But not this guy. And he wasn't out for money or power of the respect of Nazis, he just, for some reason, really, really, really wanted to prove Hitler was his dad.

That's guy's retarded crusade STILL makes more than kisty continuing to post here.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #44 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 1:20am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 1:06am:
a know, the courts ARE going to ask you to produce more evidence than even the vault forum.

So far I've found your legal advice the worst.

I'm sorry if I don't believe a word you're typing.

I've studied up on this quite a lot.  I think you don't realize how serious this is.  The entire forum is evidence (and enough).   My other evidence to collect massive damages doesn't need to be revealed here.

Even without that evidence, there are precedents for punitive damages based on the nefarious actions you continue to display and are allowed to reproduce concerning my character assassination.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

Reply #45 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 7:23am
Print Post  
We're immune to your shit.

Apologies to Robot Chicken

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 10:01am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 16th, 2020 at 8:40pm:
YYEEEESSS!!!!! I'VE FINALLY BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING A SOCK!!!!!

Ahh, my vault career is complete.

Do I have to apply to be one of your socks or is it something that happens automatically?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #47 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 10:55am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 10:01am:
Do I have to apply to be one of your socks or is it something that happens automatically?

Well the rule is we all start out as KNN socks. I think in the vault hierarchy I'm somewhere between a gunga sock and a grand sock now.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #48 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 1:20am:
So far I've found your legal advice the worst.

And yet still better than your kistarded nonsense.

I'm sorry if I don't believe a word you're typing.

Given you type nothing but deluded, drunken fantasy, I guess that's fair.

I've studied up on this quite a lot.

BWAH HAH AH HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

I think you don't realize how serious this is. 

Hmmm... a drunken loser is threatening to sue people over the internet for shit that happened 10+ years ago, with a 1-year statute of limitations and no idea what their real names/locations are.

Yep.

Sounds serious to me!

The entire forum is evidence (and enough).

You mean the entire forum where you repeatedly told to get the fuck out, but kept coming back for more? That forum? You're going to need a pretty high-priced lawyer to convince anyone this isn't entirely your fault.

My other evidence to collect massive damages doesn't need to be revealed here.

Translation: there is no other evidence. lol.

Even without that evidence,

(That doesn't exist)

there are precedents for punitive damages based on the nefarious actions you continue to display and are allowed to reproduce concerning my character assassination.

Then sue me, bitch. You'll be a million bucks in legal fees in the hole before you figure out who I even am!

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #49 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 11:02am:
Then sue me, bitch. You'll be a million bucks in legal fees in the hole before you figure out who I even am!

Right.

You're such a noble person, "helping" my poor addled mind.

What a bullshitter.   You should change your name to "I am the BSM"   For Bullshit Master.  It's clever by your standards.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint