Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Legal Case Against Dupers (Read 5767 times)
Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Re: Legal Case Against Dupers
Reply #50 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Yes the more he inserts himself into the controversy instead of shutting his mouth and filing, is another in a series of points against him that a judge will not look favorably upon.  Even an idiot knows that when you threaten legal action against a forum (or its participants) you shut the fuck up and direct them to your council.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #51 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 12:54pm:
Yes the more he inserts himself into the controversy instead of shutting his mouth and filing, is another in a series of points against him that a judge will not look favorably upon.  Even an idiot knows that when you threaten legal action against a forum (or its participants) you shut the fuck up and direct them to your council.

I'm working on getting the right council.

Yet I've not stated anything libel and have tried to help you guys make the ethical decision in deleting your libel comments and removing these lies about me.

No one, not even the terrible Admin, has decided to do so.

I'm trying to demonstrate in your Wild Wild West forum there is the regular trolling here and then there's whatever you are trying to do with my reputation and constant trolling ie Harassment.

I don't constantly do anything to any of you, except change my picture so the sock has to keep up, which I have to admit is pretty funny.

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #52 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 1:11pm:
I'm working on getting the right council.

Yet I've not stated anything libel and have tried to help you guys make the ethical decision in deleting your libel comments and removing these lies about me.

Woah there on the you guys.  I for one have not said or written anything slanderous/libelous.  I would not use broad strokes here.  It would be smarter I think to specify which people said which things that have offended you so
Quote:
No one, not even the terrible Admin, has decided to do so.

I'm trying to demonstrate in your Wild Wild West forum there is the regular trolling here and then there's whatever you are trying to do with my reputation and constant trolling ie Harassment.

I don't constantly do anything to any of you, except change my picture so the sock has to keep up, which I have to admit is pretty funny.

You keep sayin you which I am implying to mean me,myself. Which is blatant untrue and in fact if you mean me specifically or mean you as in a you all,you are implicating those not a party and thus may be committing libel yourself.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #53 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 1:26pm:
I for one have not said or written anything slanderous/libelous.  I would not use broad strokes here.  It would be smarter

A fly-covered dog turd would be smarter. But in the addled brain of kisty, simply by looking at this forum you owe him infinity thousand dollars. Because you damaged his reputation and hurt his a career or whatever by being on a message board 10 years after someone said something mean to him.

You keep sayin you which I am implying to mean me,myself. Which is blatant untrue and in fact if you mean me specifically or mean you as in a you all,you are implicating those not a party and thus may be committing libel yourself.

A false public accusation of libel is considered libelous itself, which he's already done to literally everyone here. Basically, no legal professional will touch this mess because in the highly unlikely event it gets to court, Mr. Dark will be counter-sued into oblivion.

Let's run briefly through the chain of events that will have to happen:

First, kisty has to sue Strake to get the real names of everyone who said mean things to him. Strake doesn't have that, this is an anonymous forum, so all he can give up are throw-away emails and public IPs. This is all assuming he can somehow convince a court that "people said mean things about me on the internet 10 years ago" somehow caused him financial damage.

So, in the fantasy world where that happens, he now has IP addresses.

He's then going to have to sue the ISP to get the real names behind those IP addresses. Here is where he runs into problem number 2: a public IP from Stainer that's 10 years old is a complete and utter dead-end. So he can try and go after those of us making fun of him now, except making fun of someone on the internet isn't an actionable offense, but that's neither here nor there, we're exploring an imaginary world, so let's go with it.

ISP do not give up subscriber information easily. Aside from privacy laws, its a pain in the ass. Its actually cheaper for them to assign one of the 50 paralegals they're already paying anyway to say "no" repeatedly than to actually dig out the information(assuming said information is even relevent - between dynamic IPs and VPN/proxy services). They are probably not going to give that information up for anything short of an actual criminal case, and if they do kisty will probably need to shell out over $100k in legal fees.

That's all to get our real names. Only the names of the people that were mean to him in these past few weeks.

Now, if you'll stretch your willing suspension of disbelief a little further and say that, in this imaginary world, a judge actually decides to bring this to trial. Ignoring the fact that a couple internet randos yelling insults today cannot be held liable for some bullshit that happened 10 years ago because of a different internet rando, we come to:

The maximum possible judgement kisty can remotely expect to receive: maybe 1 year's salary at whatever crap job he thinks he lost because of people being mean to him on the internet. And no, he can't sue to recoup the massive legal bills.

So $300,000 in legal fees to get ~$28,000 after taxes. Plus several years and thousands of hours of effort.

Yep. That's sound smart.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #54 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Woah there on the you guys.  I for one have not said or written anything slanderous/libelous.  I would not use broad strokes here.  It would be smarter I think to specify which people said which things that have offended you

At this point, propping up things for harassment and entertainment by perpetuating any of the three libel claims I'll freely lump "you guys" into.

You don't have to touch this with a 10 ft pole.  Some users on this Vault are actually avoiding it for a reason.   I can't help if you cannot see the immoral position it is to perpetuate 3 very strong lies about me, my name, my character, etc.  Kistilan, who doesn't beat his wife.  Kistilan, who hasn't stolen valor.  Kistilan, who did not defraud a GoFundMe.

But I will let this land where the law determines it should.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #55 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Which is blatant untrue and in fact if you mean me specifically or mean you as in a you all,you are implicating those not a party and thus may be committing libel yourself.

You is a response to the audience that appears to have taken interest in me.  Let's get two things straight.

1.  If you are not harassing me in regards to any of the libel claims and you didn't prop up those libel claims, I could not possibly find you at fault nor would I expect a judge to do so.

2.  Good luck attributing "you" to "yourself"   I'm writing in the second plurality and if you are in the Venn Diagram, then assess it the appropriate way.   

Let's just make it very clear how libel works.   You have to out a private person and defame their character.    I've not defame your character because I don't even know your name, let alone have linked to any personal information that is an outright lie that objectively would injure your character, career, finances, etc.

Since I apparently know NO ONE'S NAME here at this time, and I have not started a forum in honor of any of you nor have I continued to perpetuate any kind of myth that is a serious falsehood, I don't think any of you have any libel concerns with regards to what I have said on this forum to any of you or about any of you.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #56 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 2:03pm:
He's then going to have to sue the ISP to get the real names behind those IP addresses. Here is where he runs into problem number 2: a public IP from Stainer that's 10 years old is a complete and utter dead-end. So he can try and go after those of us making fun of him now, except making fun of someone on the internet isn't an actionable offense, but that's neither here nor there, we're exploring an imaginary world, so let's go with it.

Incorrect.

Very incorrect.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #57 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 2:03pm:
Now, if you'll stretch your willing suspension of disbelief a little further and say that, in this imaginary world, a judge actually decides to bring this to trial. Ignoring the fact that a couple internet randos yelling insults today cannot be held liable for some bullshit that happened 10 years ago because of a different internet rando, we come to:

The maximum possible judgement kisty can remotely expect to receive: maybe 1 year's salary at whatever crap job he thinks he lost because of people being mean to him on the internet. And no, he can't sue to recoup the massive legal bills.

So $300,000 in legal fees to get ~$28,000 after taxes. Plus several years and thousands of hours of effort.

Also this is all incorrect.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #58 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
If you wanna skip ahead, I know Stainer. Got his real name and address and everything. But you'll be dissapointed.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #59 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 11:14pm:
If you wanna skip ahead, I know Stainer. Got his real name and address and everything. But you'll be dissapointed.

Unless stainer is one of these current socks, it's of no use.  If he hasn't tolled the statute, then we can't do anything for it regarding his part in the first libel claim kickstart.   And if stainer's address is a cemetery, sorry I can't sue a corpse.

I'll take your address and name if you'd like to PM me it.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #60 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Wow. Still less knowledge of the law than a tub of moldy sour cream.

Also, way to insult someone offering you something you wanted. Good on you man. Hey, maybe I'll sue you; you DID publicly accuse me of animal cruelty...

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 11:25pm:
Unless stainer is one of these current socks, it's of no use.  If he hasn't tolled the statute, then we can't do anything for it regarding his part in the first libel claim kickstart.   And if stainer's address is a cemetery, sorry I can't sue a corpse.

I'll take your address and name if you'd like to PM me it.

I'm Stainer.

Going to go ahead and admit it now. No use hiding anymore. I know Kistilan is smart enough to figure it out eventually.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #62 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
I am Stainer.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #63 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
I'm Stian and so is my wife.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #64 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
I’m definitely a stainer.

Thank God for Oxyclean.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #65 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Ever notice how so many of these seemingly unrelated vault threads eventually devolve into the same theme of Kistilan being a whiny douchebag? 

I mean, after all this time, how fucking low does one’s IQ have to be to have not gotten the hint yet?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #66 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Its not so much "kisty being a whiny douchebag" and more "kisty existing" and everyone piling on his dumb ass shit. I dunno why more people don't get hints.

But as you can see: kisty wanted Strake's attention.

He got it.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #67 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Hmm, That banner... I get some memories of it being used... long long long ago...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #68 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
You folks sure are wacky.  Cheesy

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #69 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Now you see what it takes to get banned around here.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #70 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 2:23pm:
Now you see what it takes to get banned around here.

Well, not really. He's still here and able to access stuff, he just has to deal with an annoyingly large banner blocking out the top part of his posts for a while.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #71 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Aww shucks. I wanted to see him banned.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #72 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 5:22pm:
Aww shucks. I wanted to see him banned.

No worries. Pretty sure that's right around the corner.

That's the thing about my ladder to being banned: I don't think anyone has ever climbed down. I guess you gotta work pretty hard to even get on the ladder so no one wants to get off.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #73 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
I liken it to the curious case of Jean-Marie Loret; who spent most of his life trying to prove he was Adolf Hitler's son. I don't think we'll ever understand what's broken in some people's heads.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #74 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Aug 18th, 2020 at 5:17pm:
Well, not really. He's still here and able to access stuff, he just has to deal with an annoyingly large banner blocking out the top part of his posts for a while.

So basically you keep him around as the Vault's unofficial zeta male.  Has there been lobbying yet to make that official?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint