Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Reasons I love/hate this game (Read 570 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reasons I love/hate this game
Aug 24th, 2020 at 12:49am
Print Post  
So A while back I had tried to build an elecsorc because the elemental form was fucking COOOL. I based the char on a Bladeforged Iconic so I could use the reconstruct SLA. Seemed like a good plan. I got him lvled to 20 the old fashioned way then used some boxes I "found" to get him to 30. Yay! Time to gear him out...

...and discover the electric-elemental form can't heal with reconstruct. My only option for self healing is cacoon. Except this is an alt, which means I have to lvl through 3 other destinies to unlock the correct destiny. Meanwhile without the immunity stripper of the elemental form, it's unplayable as a sorc.

So, ok, I respec into elec-EK. Yeah! 2 hours of leaping around to characters organizing gear later, I get him all full up with equipment, take himon a run through a single quest...

...and the character just sucks. He is literally made of failure. So, all gear back in the shared bank.

I love/hate this game.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Reasons I love/hate this game
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 10:58am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 12:49am:
So A while back I had tried to build an elecsorc because the elemental form was fucking COOOL. I based the char on a Bladeforged Iconic so I could use the reconstruct SLA. Seemed like a good plan. I got him lvled to 20 the old fashioned way then used some boxes I "found" to get him to 30. Yay! Time to gear him out...

...and discover the electric-elemental form can't heal with reconstruct. My only option for self healing is cacoon. Except this is an alt, which means I have to lvl through 3 other destinies to unlock the correct destiny. Meanwhile without the immunity stripper of the elemental form, it's unplayable as a sorc.

So, ok, I respec into elec-EK. Yeah! 2 hours of leaping around to characters organizing gear later, I get him all full up with equipment, take himon a run through a single quest...

...and the character just sucks. He is literally made of failure. So, all gear back in the shared bank.

I love/hate this game.

The worst part is how hard they make character respec, even if you already did a race/class. And how difficult it is to make alts playable at end game. What kinda of justifies the otto madness.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Well in this the "respec" consisted entirely of resetting the enhancements, so 20k and about 4 minutes.

The real headache was the 2 fucking hours I had to spend looking for gear, and then finding out it was going to take an even huger effort to get to a spot where the character would be enjoyable to play.

Fuckin' A.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Dude, you should have checked though. Elemental apotheosis clear states that you are no longer considered of your previous race and can only hjeal with positive spells. Not saying that you have to read any and all tooltip BUT if my build is based on a particular stance/spell, I'm totally going to check what works with what. I think this is on you man

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 1:56pm:
I think this is on you man

Oh I know its on me. This wasn't a grip, more a commentary. I both love and hate this game simultaneously Tongue

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:17am
Print Post  
I wish they would change that. One of my original characters was a warforged sorc. If warforged and undead can get half healing from positive energy, then fleshies and undead should be able to get half healing from repair energy.

Or just, you know, make the capstone not a thing that messes with your essential form and breaks foundational aspects of your character.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Or, just maybe, find a way to make leveling through alternate destinies NOT a complete and utter pain in the ass? And do this without a paywall?

That would be my preference. I was honestly fine with leveling through the destinies except being off destiny means loosing a huge chunk of power, and on an already gimped char with no self-healing that's just... ugh. Id say "kistarded" but that would be insulting to SSG.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint