Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Best DPS builds in game (Read 24028 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Best DPS builds in game
Reply #100 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:04pm:
This guy Rubs.

guy, come one. I am trying to help everyone. They just have to have their ego broken down before I can rebuild them back up. some will fail, but the ones who make it through will be a better player and person.

yw ddo

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:25pm:
guy, come one. I am trying to help everyone. They just have to have their ego broken down before I can rebuild them back up. some will fail, but the ones who make it through will be a better player and person.

yw ddo

Do we have to comment "PLA is ok" to get a build posted or something? Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:28pm:
PLA

what do you have against the public library association? they do wonders!

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #103 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:38pm
Print Post  

But see you do it in the trolliest way possible, which I don't respect. However, I also don't disagree with your build advice. And I've vaulted enough to learn not to feed the trolls(which is... everyone).

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:38pm:
(which is... everyone).

the world is a shark tank

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:07pm:
Looked like he’s on dps bear atm from what I could tell from forums. You see something more recent?

The dude TRs more than I change my underwear. The dps bear wasnt even the last build he posted his 18/2 bear tank was and he tends to post his builds when hes done with them as they usually get nerfed once he posts. The build hes playing now is not posted on the forums yet.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #106 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
I love this thread like Whitney Houston loved crack.   Keep up the good work.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:10pm:

This is why every discord should have Junk in it.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #108 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:54pm:
The dude TRs more than I change my underwear. The dps bear wasnt even the last build he posted his 18/2 bear tank was and he tends to post his builds when hes done with them as they usually get nerfed once he posts. The build hes playing now is not posted on the forums yet.

I know about the tank. I searched his recent posts, and the last posts he made sounds like he was on the dps bear and, as you said, he hasn’t posted yet.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #109 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:10pm:

As an aside, I love Whitney Houston like Whitney Houston loved crack. RIP GOAT.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #110 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:49pm:
I know about the tank. I searched his recent posts, and the last posts he made sounds like he was on the dps bear and, as you said, he hasn’t posted yet.

Literally the first page of this thread, dude. Why you gotta be so slow?

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:49pm:

DPS Bear https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/515166-Reaper-Endgame-11-6-3-bear

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 3:47pm:
Literally the first page of this thread, dude. Why you gotta be so slow?

Hey! Meathead is off limits. You get a yellowcard

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #113 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:00pm:
wow, idk where your reading comprehension failed you, but it probably has to do with you not being able to discern why you cannot melee properly and have to question which is better dps...

Or perhaps you need to just ease the head out of your ass - just a little.
I saw a chance to take a shot at you, and I did. Frankly I don't know nor care who you are, yes you think melee is better and I don't care either way.

Just came to take that shot. Hope that clears up your confusion

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 12:38am
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:10pm:
Or perhaps you need to just ease the head out of your ass - just a little.
I saw a chance to take a shot at you, and I did. Frankly I don't know nor care who you are, yes you think melee is better and I don't care either way.

Just came to take that shot. Hope that clears up your confusion

He doesn’t think melee is better. Melee is definitively higher dps. To those whining about dying...don’t die when r10 mobs melt

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 12:41am
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:10pm:
yes you think melee is better

No, you fucking doof. It is better, not that I think it is better. Good talk.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #116 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:09am:
A)  Rubbinns has done a ton of DPS testing on Lama.   Dude knows DPS building.  Plus he collabs with other builders who know their shit.

B)  RUbbinns is an acknowledged troll.   Dude isn't going to give up the goods and make this a n actual build discussion thread if it is fun to get people worked up a bit first.

He does habitually tunnel vision onto the latest shiny and claim that nothing else is worth playing though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 1:57am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 1:12am:
He does habitually tunnel vision onto the latest shiny and claim that nothing else is worth playing though.

It’s called meta gaming. Try it sometime instead of playing silly bladeforged pally and sorc with artifact boots.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 4:10am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 1:12am:

it is true. i have the attention span of a goldfish. But this isn't just my conclusion alone on thf vs any other physical dps.

@everyone-

thrower is the best ranged option, however this game lacks any dps meters and people end up confused because they see something burst for 20 seconds out of 2 minutes, with an additional 3 minute cooldown burst swap from using through the mists filigree set.

The damage plummets when throwers lose that 110 rp, 5th shot guaranteed, and vendetta. Whirling is nice to supplement the bursting, however it is staggered across long luls where the build has to rely only on reaper dshot boosts and activated attacks. How is melee slowed down in the same respect? Which of their abilities has a timer as long?

Melees don't have those time gated limitations. They are just harder to play than ranged. If you can't squeeze that out of your melee then go ranged. It's a fine option.

The LavaDivers guys like the DWS versions because it pulls ahead over time after the bursts are over for the VKF version. Which plays better in long beatdowns that don't end in just 1 or 2 million hps, like high skull raid bosses. Most bosses in quests have 250k~ hps, which ends up with their hp being 2 million~ effectively after r10 scaling.

When using unbridled I can drop those r10 bosses in like 10-20 seconds depending on how many 19-20s it rolls on adrenaline ticks. And that is on a thrower without sniper shot, without a boatload of sneak dice, without zombie form, without bard levels. Thrower is great for quest bosses, yeah. As long as you can break fort, if you can't then the raw base of thf dwarfs it there too.

Don't just take my word for it. Check out Gordon's channel where he has r10 solos with both ranged and melee builds. You think that guy wouldn't pick the highest dps builds to play? Or that he hasn't tried them all?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSv100bXJouyiUr_oN6Myw

Grim and Barrett gets a bad rap for being one of the quests that people solo. Try soloing Grim on a thrower. Let us know how much longer it takes. Gordon wasn't even interested to attempt the solo because he understood that already from just playing with it at cap, he knows right away.

I will take anyone's word with just a screenshot of time and r10 of Grim on your thrower. You won't beat that pally time. Thrower is currently bugged so there is no excuse.

There are quests and 2? raids where thrower is better because it can perch or pull a boss from miles away, like Subversion end fight, or PN, or Sorjek perch. But if you know what you are doing then thf shits on ranged right now. And when melees stat chopping the sustained starts looking burst for them.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 6:23am
Print Post  
I am not sure videos for pre CAF nerf Char paladins is helping your argument much. I am sure Gordon has more recent videos that he has recorded but are not publicly available yet.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #120 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 10:37am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 5:42am:
I'm not going to listen to opinions on throwers from people who thought inquisitive was OP.

If you don’t think inquis was broken op, then no one cares who you listen to.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #121 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:19am:
you fucking donkey.

If you didn't have a bunch of dedicated tanks including the guild leader, you wouldn't accomplish jack shit with your useless bear. Even the guy who rolls a pure barb with Tail is better than your silly ass.

Wrong. Lol

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #122 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 10:44am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 6:46am:
Only a single melee combat style is good, and only if the player has max past lives, perfect gear at cap, the target is in melee range and the melee is getting healed so that he can stay alive to DPS.

If none of those conditions are fulfilled, then melee is inferior to ranged. Doesn't matter how "good" you are if the target cannot be meleed like Irk in PN, the crystal in Fall of Truth, etc.

The thread isnt even about whether melee is good, it's about whether there are anti-ranged mechanics in the game.

Wrong on all accounts.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #123 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 7:31pm:
that is why your best player left

To be fair, he’s the best player in the game, not just our best player.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #124 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 11:11am
Print Post  

yw ddo

Meh.

I’ve been playing the game for a long time. There have been quite a few exceptional players who have forged a path for the rest. I remember when you were a thirsty follower. Now you’re a big dog with some skills and knowledge, but posturing as the GOAT usually signals the start of decline.

Welcome to the other side of the mountain. The king is dead, long live the king.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Send TopicPrint