Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Best DPS builds in game (Read 24046 times)
Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Best DPS builds in game
Reply #75 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 9:40pm:
How’s dire charge on it?

Prolly not as high DC, but cha pally already had overkill.  If you got all the lives str based pally dire charge is gonna end up fine.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #76 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 9:44pm:
Anyone care to link a hot meta Paladin strength build since we already have a Cha build linked?

here ya go https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HP362ccZBmY/hqdefault.jpg

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #77 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 9:44pm:
Anyone care to link a hot meta Paladin strength build since we already have a Cha build linked?

The screenshot was the same thread. Tronko originally did STR but swapped. His reasoning is thus:

Quote:
There are some reasons why I chose cha based gs pally vs the 'standard' str based maul pally, even if Constellation and Reflection of Blackrazor are junk compared to Silvanus Tremor.

Cha advantages are:
- more turn charges for Confront any Foe
- better defenses (31 points in SaD, I used Falconry on str pally)
- better lay on hands
- higher Intimidate
However, the most important reason is: better tactics!
A cha based pally using CKT and Divine Might can reach sky high tactics dcs. Ofc having 165 or more dc on Dire charge is a waste, but having 135 dc on Stunning blow and Trip is amazing for high fort content. Stunning blow and trip are str based, so Strength is not a dump stat.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #78 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:19am
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 7:12pm:
You wanna see my accomplishments?
How about R8 KT, R10 Strahd, R10 Baba, R10 Project Nemesis, R2 Too Hot, R10 Riding the Storm Out, R10 Defiler of the Just, R10 Fire on Thunder Peak, R10 Temple of the Deathwyrm. Go ahead, say I got carried by the people around me to make yourself feel better. Poor lil bitch boi dont know how to act when someones better than him 

you fucking donkey.

If you didn't have a bunch of dedicated tanks including the guild leader, you wouldn't accomplish jack shit with your useless bear. Even the guy who rolls a pure barb with Tail is better than your silly ass.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #79 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 8:20pm:
really tho melee is def better than thrower

100%.

Shitards like Torbaad would disagree, but then again who the fuck cares about what door knobs on Thelanis think?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #80 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:50am
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 4:53pm:
LMAO Thelanis, can't even figure out my server huh bud? Must be rough. I'll give you a hint; i can pinky fucking promise i'll take a hot steaming taco bell shit on any completion you have. Get on my level  Grin Grin Grin

Oh and just because, who gives a flying fuck about AC? Kill it faster you limp dick cock holster. I don't slow down enough to get hit in my r10s, but feel free to flower sniff and get fucked on you fat cunt.

Silly noob, you got my server wrong too.

All the best people from my server are carrying your silly ass thru those high skull raids now.

Like showing you how to park giants in THTH. After 4 hours of wipes, LOLOLOLO. Also, imagine boasting about R2 completion when Giants are taken out of the equation completely?

So, what was your level again? cheating the game and abusing stupid AI?

Talking big game like you didn't fall in line and reroll your shitty ass bear into a thrower for PN completion.

Hey, at least you're not Noobicabra bad.

Unless?

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 11:35pm:
The screenshot was the same thread. Tronko originally did STR but swapped. His reasoning is thus:

That was before the CAF nerf and even then he admitted Str is higher dps. Pretty sure hes back to Str now.

Quote:
Regarding Tremor, ofc is a way better weapon. Even on my CHA pally, I took Silvanus and I did choose Tremor for some boss beatdown.
I always stated that Tremor STR based pally has more dps, because all greatsword options for endgame are kinda meh.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 11:35pm:
The screenshot was the same thread.

Gah I hate not being able to edit:

No the STR build in that thread was a warforged before the divine might, THF & Strikethrough changes - back then 130 Str was no big deal. With 3x mod and DM not adding to Str anymore 130 STR is crazy good on a pure paladin.

Since his Cha paladin hes publicly posted his Silvanus DPS bear and Bear tank builds and looks like hes back to Str paladin based on the SS in this thread.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #83 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 5:42am
Print Post  
I'm not going to listen to opinions on throwers from people who thought inquisitive was OP.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #84 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 5:54am
Print Post  
So the tl;dr of this thread; trolls troll, nobody brings proof beyond linking tronko and jerking about how melee > thrower.

Did I miss anything?

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #85 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:19am:
f you didn't have a bunch of dedicated tanks including the guild leader, you wouldn't accomplish jack shit with your useless bear.

Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:50am:
like you didn't fall in line and reroll your shitty ass bear into a thrower for PN completion.

Grin Grin Grin gold man, this is good stuff. Rubbins take some notes from this autist

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 8:40am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 11:08pm:

Fuck. I want the boots that the build you posted has, but I haven't been able to pull them in game yet.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #87 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 8:58am
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 8:22am:
Grin Grin Grin gold man, this is good stuff. Rubbins take some notes from this autist

Hey man, autists are people too and it is unfortunate that your brand of stupid isn't enough to qualify even there
#outoftheloop #outofeveryloop

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 12:19pm:
assassin does more dps too. so that makes 2 styles better. not just good. bads like throwers because they cannot melee and then think melee is bad. youre one of them.

I was referring to the combat style feats. Assassin uses TWF, but the thing is the only good TWF build now is Assassin and thats because of their tree. And assassin isn't tanky the way paladin/barb/fighter/bear THF builds are. They don't get strikethrough either.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 9:32am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 24th, 2020 at 7:41pm:
Because there really is no "Right" or "Wrong"

The thing about DDO is that the game has 30 levels, 10 skull levels and different quests with different mobs. Most people who talk about how "x is better than y" never specify which part of the game they are referring to. Just like how when people talk about melee, they never specify the combat style.

So these arguments usually end up going in circles beacuse one guy is talking about THF at cap with perfect gear (but only says "melee") and another guy is talking about something completely different, but they are not being specific and they are both assuming they are talking about the same thing.

This isn't guild wars, where everyone hits cap quickly then stays there with the same level of gear as everyone else.

(Tried to modify my post but for some reason it wouldn't actually modify it so i had to repost it, bug with the new forum maybe?)

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #90 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:09am
Print Post  
A)  Rubbinns has done a ton of DPS testing on Lama.   Dude knows DPS building.  Plus he collabs with other builders who know their shit.

B)  RUbbinns is an acknowledged troll.   Dude isn't going to give up the goods and make this a n actual build discussion thread if it is fun to get people worked up a bit first.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:10am
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 5:54am:
So the tl;dr of this thread; people that cannot melee think ranged is op

ftfy. yw

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #92 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:10am:
ftfy. yw

Based off that, you think ranged is op? Hmmmm

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #93 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:52am
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:40am:

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:40am:

wow, idk where your reading comprehension failed you, but it probably has to do with you not being able to discern why you cannot melee properly and have to question which is better dps...

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:00pm:
wow, idk where your reading comprehension failed you, but it probably has to do with you not being able to discern why you cannot melee properly and have to question which is better dps...

He was saying that you must think ranged is op because that creates an implication that you are shit at melee based on the TL;DR.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #96 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:09am:
A)  Rubbinns has done a ton of DPS testing on Lama.   Dude knows DPS building.  Plus he collabs with other builders who know their shit.

B)  RUbbinns is an acknowledged troll.   Dude isn't going to give up the goods and make this a n actual build discussion thread if it is fun to get people worked up a bit first.

This guy Rubs.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:02pm:
He was saying that you must think ranged is op because that creates an implication that you are shit at melee based on the TL;DR.

that would be why his reading comprehension failed him after reading this entire thread and he still questions which is the better dps. It's obvious unless you're torbad.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #98 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 4:50am:
That was before the CAF nerf and even then he admitted Str is higher dps. Pretty sure hes back to Str now.

Looked like he’s on dps bear atm from what I could tell from forums. You see something more recent?

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #99 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 9:32am:
The thing about DDO is that the game has 30 levels, 10 skull levels and different quests with different mobs. Most people who talk about how "x is better than y" never specify which part of the game they are referring to. Just like how when people talk about melee, they never specify the combat style.

So these arguments usually end up going in circles beacuse one guy is talking about THF at cap with perfect gear (but only says "melee") and another guy is talking about something completely different, but they are not being specific and they are both assuming they are talking about the same thing.

This isn't guild wars, where everyone hits cap quickly then stays there with the same level of gear as everyone else.

(Tried to modify my post but for some reason it wouldn't actually modify it so i had to repost it, bug with the new forum maybe?)

If DDO actually had a healthy player-base and a better rewards system, the diversity in range and difficulty levels would make it something really great. As-is it does little more than badly fracture an already too-small player-base.

But yeah, the circular arguments are great because no one IS actually right. X may be better than Y at clearing trash, but not bringing down bosses. Y may be the best in R6 but useless at R10, and so on and so on and so on; and that's in general all a really good thing.

And while we complain bitterly about the gear-tetris, its also another really good example of "doing it better" than other games. Take WoW, where every class has 1 optimal set of the very best gear, which comes from the latest raid. Then there's the second best gear, and so on, that's all progressively easier to obtain. Meanwhile figure out how raid loot fits alongside easy to get stuff is part of the game in DDO.

Honestly, its too far gone now, but if DDO had been handed over to a better team a while back, it could be a really great game today.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Send TopicPrint