Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Soulsplitter pack : Is any of the gear here good? (Read 2776 times)
ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Soulsplitter pack : Is any of the gear here good?
Aug 25th, 2020 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Most of the gear here doesn't seem very good and the set bonuses seem quite strange.  Like profane experiment, is that meant for EK builds or something?

Then there's a melee DPS sickle, except that there are no enhancement trees or classes to support that...

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Re: Soulsplitter pack : Is any of the gear here good?
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Feywild set, Dreadkeeper set, and a couple nonset items. That's about it

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 10:12am
Print Post  
The one set of boots lets you put in your choice of Quality Int/Wis/Cha (Sunken Slippers) and there's a nice crossbow

https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_43_named_items

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #3 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:00am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 9:37am:
Then there's a melee DPS sickle, except that there are no enhancement trees or classes to support that...

Swashbuckler, Warpriest, and to as lesser extent Vile Chemist.

Sickles are in an odd place where they have trees that benefit them; but in no way do those trees make up for their innate sucky nature.

Swords to Plowshares stacks with Swashbuckler though, so Swash is definitely the sickle tree. But there are far better swash weapon choices.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Dreadkeeper seems to be the new set of choice for PMs.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:05am:
Dreadkeeper seems to be the new set of choice for PMs.

Sadly my PM is warforged, and soulshitter is "let's fuck the wf out of everything" pack. Notice there isn't a single docent?

Anyway, the pack should be free with the free quests code I thought. If not, no not really worth it. The gear is pretty "meh" and some of the quests are a fucking bitch and a half to farm. Finding Dorris? FUCK YOU, DORRIS!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Sinsoul

...THE FUCK DID THIS COME FROM ?!?!

I had been living under the impression Soulshitter contained exactly 0 docents!

God fucking damnit now I have to go run Soul Survivor like 50 fucking times.

Fucking Fuck Fuck.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 12:46pm:
https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Sinsoul

...THE FUCK DID THIS COME FROM ?!?!

I had been living under the impression Soulshitter contained exactly 0 docents!

God fucking damnit now I have to go run Soul Survivor like 50 fucking times.

Fucking Fuck Fuck.

15% Universal Spell Crit Chance too. Super nice!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
I very distinctly recall being annoyed because there was no docent for dreadkeeper. I even built a fleshie PM explicitly to use the set(and did it badly, that was fun). Now I find all I have to do is run the second worst quest in the pack like 80 times?

Well fuck.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 1:39pm:
I very distinctly recall being annoyed because there was no docent for dreadkeeper. I even built a fleshie PM explicitly to use the set(and did it badly, that was fun). Now I find all I have to do is run the second worst quest in the pack like 80 times?

Well fuck.

I’ve found consistently that discovery pot +leet+ rerolls = 4 runs avg to get a piece of quest gear I want.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
That is one toon running, btw. I’ve never 6-boxed anything.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:57pm:
I’ve found consistently that discovery pot +leet+ rerolls = 4 runs avg to get a piece of quest gear I want.

Head-Meat wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 2:58pm:
That is one toon running, btw. I’ve never 6-boxed anything.

I spent the weekend trying to get a Legendary Family Recruit Sigil for an alt account.

First, I ransacked the quest on a combination of elite/R1, doing max re-rolls each time + 5 chest pullers, 72 chest pulls total.

Then I did a quickie ETR on the main to reset ransack and ransacked again with just him and the alt who actually needed it(who wasn't even being ran down to the chest at this point. Max rerolls every time = 32 more chest pulls.

Then I ransacked again on an alt on LH. No rerolls this time = 8 more chest pulls.

112 chest pulls + 240 shards = no sigil.

I did get 8 Plasma Cores, though, so there's that!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
With Swords to Plowshares, sickle is one of the better options for Swash. Try doing heroic with Sickle of Sypheros or Tharkuul's bane for 13-20x3 or 13-20x4 with the standard barb split.

Other swash options:

Light mace is 15-20x4 if you go scourge, 15-20x5 with a barb split, 15-20x6 if you swing a Skullsmasher, 14-20x6 if you run in LD or DC.

Hand axe = 15-20x3 in swash, 15-20x5 with barb split, 14-20x5 if you swing a Tornado, and 14-18x5, 19-20x6 in LD or 13-20x5 in DC.

So sickle for heroics, light mace for iconic/epics, and hand axe for endgame.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 2:20am
Print Post  
So I learned 2 things tonight:

1. Soul Survivor isn't nearly as bad as I thought, after having run it a few times I actually enjoy the quest, except for the part where my client crashed twice per run? Fuckin-A.

2. The RNG for loot is DEFINITELY borked. Here me out before you trot out your tired motherboard excuses. I was 6-boxing and doing chest rerolls, so thats 10 pulls per run(actually only took me 2 runs). There are 5 different named items that drop out of that quest.

I got the same one 4 times. Counting the number of times I saw it on rerolls and rolled it away? 8 times. I never saw 2 of the names items at all. So in 20 chest pulls I "saw" about 10 named items total, but only 3 individual items and the same one 8 times. I get that that's physically possible, but it seems like unlikely behavior when you factor in my next experience.

I went over to Offshore Account to farm for a pair of skin-tight gloves so I could have 2 full dreadkeeper sets. I didn't do any rerolls there but it did take me 5 runs. 5 runs x 6 chest pulls a run = 30 chest pulls. I walked out with 9 named items, not bad, BUT I got 3 gossamar weave cloaks, 3 orders garbs, and 2 cloaks of balance before finding the gloves.

So that's two very awkward loot experiences in a row.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #14 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 2:20am:
2. The RNG for loot is DEFINITELY borked. Here me out before you trot out your tired motherboard excuses. I was 6-boxing and doing chest rerolls, so thats 10 pulls per run(actually only took me 2 runs). There are 5 different named items that drop out of that quest.

I got the same one 4 times. Counting the number of times I saw it on rerolls and rolled it away? 8 times. I never saw 2 of the names items at all. So in 20 chest pulls I "saw" about 10 named items total, but only 3 individual items and the same one 8 times. I get that that's physically possible, but it seems like unlikely behavior when you factor in my next experience.

I went over to Offshore Account to farm for a pair of skin-tight gloves so I could have 2 full dreadkeeper sets. I didn't do any rerolls there but it did take me 5 runs. 5 runs x 6 chest pulls a run = 30 chest pulls. I walked out with 9 named items, not bad, BUT I got 3 gossamar weave cloaks, 3 orders garbs, and 2 cloaks of balance before finding the gloves.

So that's two very awkward loot experiences in a row.

I wish Rodrak were still around. He could settle this question once and for all.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #15 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 9:01am
Print Post  
That could be explained by having loot tables which have broader ranges for less desirable loot. I used to do that as a DM, e.g.

1-59 Club of Poop
60-69 Hammer of Faeces
70-74 Greatclub of Shite
99-00 WHY WHY PUT THE GOOD THING HERE?

Maybe?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:45pm:
I wish Rodrak were still around. He could settle this question once and for all.

Is he a statistician or does he have actually access to the server logs? Tongue

(The big problem I've had in conversations with idiots on the motherboards is getting them to recognize that just because something is possible but statistically unlikely, something is wrong if it's happening very frequently)

kum-gulp wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 9:01am:
That could be explained by having loot tables which have broader ranges for less desirable loot. I used to do that as a DM, e.g.

1-59 Club of Poop
60-69 Hammer of Faeces
70-74 Greatclub of Shite
99-00 WHY WHY PUT THE GOOD THING HERE?

Maybe?

So according to Lynn, the drop rates are normal/10%/hard16%/elite33%?R+1 per skull.

For me it took farming with 6 accounts to start observing anything close to that, but its clear it will take on the order of several thousand chest-pulls to get consistency.

As for the items themselves, SSG CLAIMS every named item is weighted the same; so if a quest drops 5 named items then each has an equal 20% chance to drop. Again, I suspect you will need to see thousands of drops before you actually get that kind of consistency.

To be clear: I don't think SSG is lying about the drop rate, I just think something in their RNG is broken and they are too stupid to notice.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #17 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Yeah I was expecting they were different things:

0-33 - LOOT
34-100 - FUCK ALL

then... roll on treasure table. Just going by D&D. Maybe not.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 25th, 2020 at 10:12am:
The one set of boots lets you put in your choice of Quality Int/Wis/Cha (Sunken Slippers) and there's a nice crossbow

https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_43_named_items

Hmm, guess I will have to do this chain more often at cap then. Although from what I heard, most people just use the vorpal crossbow at cap instead of the screamshatter? Its basically a choice of sov vorpal vs improved destruction...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 2:45pm:
Hmm, guess I will have to do this chain more often at cap then. Although from what I heard, most people just use the vorpal crossbow at cap instead of the screamshatter? Its basically a choice of sov vorpal vs improved destruction...

The boots drop out of 1 quest and are fairly easy to get(short and fun little quest). The bow comes from another pretty short quest.

The really nice thing is you can do any quest in the chain in any order, up to and including the penultimate quest. This means if there is a piece of loot you want, you can get it without having to run FUCKING DORRIS 8 million times.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #20 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 11:46am:
Is he a statistician or does he have actually access to the server logs? Tongue

Rodrak got into the loot tables and posted several of them here in the Vault many years ago.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Thats handy!

Unfortunately I think all content past a certain point no longer uses "tables", just has all items weighted equally. According to SSG of course, and we know their track record...

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #22 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 4:11am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 11:08pm:
Unfortunately I think all content past a certain point no longer uses "tables", just has all items weighted equally. According to SSG of course, and we know their track record...

I think that you will find it does use the exact same tables mechanism throughout, however the items are all given the same weighting in those the tables

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on Aug 29th, 2020 at 4:11am:
I think that you will find it does use the exact same tables mechanism throughout, however the items are all given the same weighting in those the tables

That would actually explain a lot. Consider:

Fact 1: the old tables definitely had weighted loot, some items were much rarer than others

Fact 2: Turbine likes esoteric and complex back-ends, so we can bet its going to be more complex than neccessary

Fact 3: SSG can't code for shit, so if all they've done is adapt a loot table from ye olden times, there may definitely be some artifacts.

So, if the 10% of the code SSG actually looked at says "everything is weighted equally" and the data from 100,000 chest pulls says "everything is weighted equally" then its unlikely the dumb fucks looked much further. Meanwhile, things are asbolutely NOT weighted equally, but you have to actually play the game to notice.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #24 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
The loot tables are d100 rolls.

Code
Select All
The Fall of Truth

End chest
100% 1d2+1 coh (1d2/1 EH/EN)
10% Items 1 (same EH/EN)
10% Items 2 (same EH/EN)

Items 1 (same chances on EE/EH/EN except the items are more or less upgraded):
15% each for rebellion, dreampiercer, braisingstar, skybreaker, tablecloth, armbands
10% tomes subtable

Items 2:
15% each for ring of deceit, gauntlets, pendant, halcyon boots, idol, madstone aegis
10% tomes subtable

Tomes subtable:
20% tomes +4 subtable (same on EH/EN)
5% tomes +5 subtable (none on EH/EN)
75% draconic soul gem (none on EH/EN)

Tomes +4 subtable (same on EE/EH/EN):
15% for each +4 tome
4% tome of fate +1
1% tome of fate +2
5% violet galatinous cube

Tomes +5 subtable (EE only):
15% for each +5 tome
10% violet gelatinous cube 

I suspect most if not all of the dice rolls are weighted in this game. But we as players only notice the ones that are weighted against us: UMD, ASF, Fortification, Loot, etc. No one seems to mind when you roll 10 crits in a row when attacking with that great sword.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint