Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic FINALLY cha-to-hit/damage (Read 5035 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

FINALLY cha-to-hit/damage
Aug 26th, 2020 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/517566-U47-Preview-2-New-Universal-Enh...

Feydark Illusionist gives you the ability to get Charisma to Hit and Damage for about the same investment as it takes to get Int on the harpers tree.

Fucking.

Finally.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: FINALLY cha-to-hit/damage
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
(Yes, I am aware PDKs have cha-hit/damage, are you aware PDKs are ugly as fuck?)

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 2:24pm:
(Yes, I am aware PDKs have cha-hit/damage, are you aware PDKs are ugly as fuck?)

Bards across the globe can finally rejoice!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
The other option was to graphically re-design the PDK and turn the "Ugly" slider down several notches, but honestly this is a lot better. I feel like a lot of players will be thrilled.

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
It requires the feat "Magical Training" for the first Core, and is a T1 and T2 enhancement; contrast with Harper which is a T1 and T3 with no feat requirement for INT to-hit/damage.

At least it is an option, now, instead of being solely PDK or FvS.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #5 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
It also helps sorc EK too. One of the reason (if not THE reason) they were never a thing was because of the inability to use their main ability stat for casting, hitting and damaging like wizzies could. Now you don't even need to be forced in a class level or race.

Soooooooooooo, what's next? Constitution to hit and damage without needing to be dwarf? In all honesty I was afraid that this new tree would be another inquisitive power creep fest but it looks fairly normal and the 5th tier is pretty much a blade barrier that saves on will. Interesting

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #6 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
With DEX to-hit/damage being fairly prevalent in several classes/enhancements, INT/WIS/CHA to-hit/damage available via universal enhancements, all that remains is to make CON to-hit/damage more accessibly instead of just being a Dwarf thing.

Cheesy Grin

Maybe make an enhancement for STR to replace INT/WIS/CHA for spell DCs? See how far down the musical chairs hole it goes?

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 3:43pm:
Soooooooooooo, what's next? Constitution to hit and damage without needing to be dwarf?

Yes.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Next thing is dex based trance

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Goon wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 3:40pm:
It requires the feat "Magical Training" for the first Core, and is a T1 and T2 enhancement; contrast with Harper which is a T1 and T3 with no feat requirement for INT to-hit/damage.

At least it is an option, now, instead of being solely PDK or FvS.

Well consider: "Magical Training is automatically granted the first time that a character gains a level in any of the following classes: Alchemist, Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Favored Soul, Sorcerer, Warlock or Wizard." - so most of the base/splash classes you would want to USE it on already get it for free.

The only other classes that *might* want it are paladin, barbarian(iffy), and bard; and who the hell plays a pure bard?

Of those 3, two are spellcasters and can benefit from the extra 80 MP, and even IF you wanted to play a pure CHA-based Barbarian, chances are you are looking to use Cocoon for self-healing, so while Magical Training is not optimal, its also not a waste.

I mean I'm open to a discussion, here: can anyone really think of a scenario where you want to make use of this tree and can't reap at least some benefit from Magical Training?

So Yeah its not strictly "As good" as Harpers; but i'm also hard-pressed to think of a build that uses harpers and doesn't already have Magical Training.

Then again, an int-based barbarian would be funny.

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #10 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Well, melee already essentially have 5 must-have Heroic feats (3 combat style feats, Improved Critical, and either Power Attach or Precision), and you only get 6 standard Heroic feats sub-Level 20. The Bard is likely going to splash, and a Charisma Barbarian seems like an odd choice, so Paladins are probably going to be the only class that needs to make a hard choice whether or not to get Magical Training.

Bladeforged would need to sacrifice their Body feat, or splash and sacrifice KotC capstone.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #11 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 3:43pm:
It also helps sorc EK too. One of the reason (if not THE reason) they were never a thing was because of the inability to use their main ability stat for casting, hitting and damaging like wizzies could. Now you don't even need to be forced in a class level or race.

Soooooooooooo, what's next? Constitution to hit and damage without needing to be dwarf? In all honesty I was afraid that this new tree would be another inquisitive power creep fest but it looks fairly normal and the 5th tier is pretty much a blade barrier that saves on will. Interesting

No self sustain/healing was the biggest limiter against sorc EKs.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 9:28pm:
No self sustain/healing was the biggest limiter against sorc EKs.

WF/BF Sorc EK, problem solved. You can get 0% ASF even in adamantine body.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #13 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 3:39am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 10:07pm:
WF/BF Sorc EK, problem solved. You can get 0% ASF even in adamantine body.

I mean I guess? I'd rather suck an exhaust port than play a robot though.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Finally my bard won't have to look like a kid with downs syndrome.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 3:39am:
I mean I guess? I'd rather suck an exhaust port than play a robot though.

Well how badly did you want to play a sorc EK? They weren't exactly going to be top-tier to begin with Tongue

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 11:37am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:30am:
Finally my bard won't have to look like a kid with downs syndrome.

I'm thinking I'll TR my PDK icebard into a dragonborn! They get CHA bonuses and are waaaaaaay more fuckable!

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #17 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 11:57am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 11:37am:
I'm thinking I'll TR my PDK icebard into a dragonborn! They get CHA bonuses and are waaaaaaay more fuckable!

scalie confirmed, omw to pound that sweet dragonbooty

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 11:58am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 11:37am:

PDK's are fuckable.......if you're into that sort of thing. I don't judge.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
the_biggest_dog wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 11:57am:

Well the real question is: do I have a dragon fetish, or are PDKs just THAT ugly?

Think about it.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #20 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 11:33am:
Well how badly did you want to play a sorc EK? They weren't exactly going to be top-tier to begin with Tongue

PDK, Tiefling, Dragonboring, memeing as an aasimar with the druid PL with flameblade... I knocked out a few EPLs while testing various race combos for pure sorc EKs back in the day.

At this point my hatred of WF is more tied to the fact I refuse to further clog up my TR cache/bank with docents.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 3:20pm:
PDK, Tiefling, Dragonboring, memeing as an aasimar with the druid PL with flameblade... I knocked out a few EPLs while testing various race combos for pure sorc EKs back in the day.

At this point my hatred of WF is more tied to the fact I refuse to further clog up my TR cache/bank with docents.

Yep. I have exactly 3 docents in my armor mule. Blademark’s docent, Memory of Fine Regalia, and Enigma Core.

I don’t think I’ll run another toaster life ever, but if I do, it’s just for the racial past life.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
See for me the reconstruct SLA was everything. Bladeforged let me play a lot of things I'd never have touched otherwise. I think of my 25 heroic lives about 9 of them were BF.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #23 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 12:28am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 3:35pm:
See for me the reconstruct SLA was everything. Bladeforged let me play a lot of things I'd never have touched otherwise. I think of my 25 heroic lives about 9 of them were BF.

I feel that way towards Aasimar. You can't fuck up anything on an aasimar technically speaking. Well, you could but you'd have to truly be intentionally trying to sabotage yourself.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 12:28am:
I feel that way towards Aasimar. You can't fuck up anything on an aasimar technically speaking. Well, you could but you'd have to truly be intentionally trying to sabotage yourself.

I'm playing Aasimar right now and enjoying it quite a bit. That might even just be a better choice for a Cha-based sorc EK(though self healing will be a bit hard). I'd had an Aasimar FvS before and it was fun if ineffectual. I think they are becoming my second favorite race behind BF.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint