Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic WPM Sentient xp farm stealth nerf??? (Read 2009 times)
Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

WPM Sentient xp farm stealth nerf???
Aug 28th, 2020 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Been farming sent xp for the past couple months off-cd with 5 alts. Before the past 3 weeks, I was pulling 5-9 xp stones per week. In these 3 weeks I've pulled a total of 4. Tin foil hat's on.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Re: WPM Sentient xp farm stealth nerf???
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 6:36am
Print Post  
Since sentient stones have a different drop rate we do not know, it would be a bit risky to claim that drop rates have plummeted.

Make no mistakes, I feel the same way. I had to run over 10 WPM between EE and R4 after the gatekeeper grove update to get one, before that update I never went more than 4 runs without finding one.

This is not a case like 33% drop rate on elite which is totally false. Do you know the supposed drop rate for exp gems?

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 6:36am:
Since sentient stones have a different drop rate we do not know, it would be a bit risky to claim that drop rates have plummeted.

Make no mistakes, I feel the same way. I had to run over 10 WPM between EE and R4 after the gatekeeper grove update to get one, before that update I never went more than 4 runs without finding one.

This is not a case like 33% drop rate on elite which is totally false. Do you know the supposed drop rate for exp gems?

I know the drop rate is likely not 33%. In the 9 weeks I've ran with 6 characters, I have pulled a total of 46 stones. It's not as significant of a sample size as I'd like, but that's what I've got.

Before 3 weeks ago, I would have ran: 6 weeks * 6 characters * 8 runs = 288 chest pulls for 42 xp stones for a chance of 14.5%. In the 3 weeks: 3*6*8 = 144 pulls for 4 stones for a chance of 2.8%. In total, the respective numbers would be 432 and 10.6%. As for their actual drop rate, I don't know.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Nuic wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 12:38am:
Been farming sent xp for the past couple months off-cd with 5 alts. Before the past 3 weeks, I was pulling 5-9 xp stones per week. In these 3 weeks I've pulled a total of 4. Tin foil hat's on.

I strongly believe that whatever mechanism SSG uses to do RNG is broken on some fundamental level and the braintrust over on the motherboards is too dumb to recognize it.

Its consistency vs. eventual consistency. In simplest terms, if the drop rate is the rate they say it is, and the mechanics are working correctly, then it shouldn't take all that many runs to consistently see that rate.

Obviously we don't know what the sentient item drop rate is, but they've stated the named item drop rate is 33%. If the mechanism were working correctly, then every 10 runs you should consistently average 3 items. In practice, this is not what a large portion of the player base is experiencing.

You can not only easily go 10 runs without seeing a single item, you can do as many as 50(my personal record), some are reporting even more. And then suddenly you'll get 10 items in a row. Yes, this is all possible in RNG, but it is statistically unlikely for that many people to be reporting that much inconsistency.

When SSG examines the loot mechanics, they don't actually play the game to do it, then just run some metrics on their logs. So they're looking at 100,000 runs and seeing that 33,000 items dropped, and saying "yeah, that confirms its working the way we want"

But thats kistarded because individual players do not do 100,000 runs. We do 8 runs. And we should not fucking HAVE to do 100,000 runs to see the consistent drop rate.

Compare it to something as simple as a coin-flip. If SSG wrote a coin flipping scripts, then it would give you a couple hundred heads in a row followed by 50 tails in a row, and if over the course of a million flips it hit 50/50, they'd call it a success. That's the kind of fucked DDO's loot mechanic is.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Sentient xp definately doesnt have a drop rate of 33%, its not a named item and i am pretty sure that you can get both sentient xp + a named item in the same chest.

I can't remember, does sentient xp only drop in WPM, or does it also drop in ravenloft/sharn? Can't remember the last time I got one personally.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 2:51pm:
Sentient xp definately doesnt have a drop rate of 33%, its not a named item and i am pretty sure that you can get both sentient xp + a named item in the same chest.

I can't remember, does sentient xp only drop in WPM, or does it also drop in ravenloft/sharn? Can't remember the last time I got one personally.

Sentient XP only drops in WPM.

And you are correct, it is not on the same loot table as named items. You can get a sentient gem and a named item in the same chest.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

COVID-19
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Just use restored relic's, unless you need the XP and sparks

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #7 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Nuic wrote on Aug 28th, 2020 at 12:38am:

I commend you on your efforts, well done. Too many people have been buying the duplicated tensor boxes, much to the detriment of the game and themselves. It is great to hear about someone playing the game as it is intended.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2020 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Can confirm that there is a nerf definitely. Have not pulled a sentient gem for a week now. Or there is a fuck up in the loot tables, which wont be surprising either.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
I ran WPM on elite yesterday and got 3 names items across 6 characters... and it was the same named item all 3 times. But yes! I totally believe the RNG is working correctly and there's nothing at all wrong! There are 5 named items in that chest, so clearly the RNG is working perfectly. Yup. Nothing odd here.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2020 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Seven 1k xp stones in a ransack run using two accts.

(Also FIVE fucking Waves / Beacons each, two Snipers and not one Blackrazor. Not to mention the other Waves I shard rerolled.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint