Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic This game is fucked up (Read 1208 times)
Artorias
Shroud Slacker

This game is fucked up
Aug 30th, 2020 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
OK, I'm running quests and pick up a nice LV 24 ring cha10, false life 40 as random loot, cute. Bit too high level for my tastes but cute, will totally fit on an under-geared alt.

30 minutes I finish the chain and go turn in to get some guild point when I notice another charisma ring that I, obviously, have to see. Mmmm, LV 21 cha10, false life 36

4hp of difference in EPIC make for a 3 levels gap in EPIC levels?? Lynnabel are you fucking seeing this? Random loot perfectly distributed to cover all levels. Fucking muppets are not even good as punchbags. Feel free to post the pics on the mobo if you want, I'm not delving into that cesspit anymore, I still have some self respect

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Re: This game is fucked up
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2020 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
You are complaining about great rings? okay.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2020 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Lootgen spawning without being equal to its power level? I am shocked.
Fwiw level 21 ring at max is 10 cha 38 false life, at 24 it's 11 cha and 42 false life.

What a shitty fucking thread tho, literally who cares about lootgen not being max stats.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2020 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
you're missing the point, they're good ring but why a 3 level gaps get me 4 hp?

a lv 21 ring and lv 24 ring that are exactly the same is a sign of bad distribution of stats. Get it?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 30th, 2020 at 8:40pm:
you're missing the point, they're good ring but why a 3 level gaps get me 4 hp?

a lv 21 ring and lv 24 ring that are exactly the same is a sign of bad distribution of stats. Get it?

No one here missed the point.

Items have a max value for their stat. That doesn't mean every lootgen item will have that value.  If the max value for Charisma on a level 24 ring is +11 Cha, it might have +11 Cha or it might have +10 Cha or it might only have +9 Cha.

You happened to get a good ML 21 ring and a mediocre ML 24 ring. Some loot is better than others. Because it's a bit random.

If you're going to complain about random lootgen, why not complain about the idiot magic item crafters who decided they needed to make a Combustion scepter of Void lore? Seriously? What jackass artificer is making these items?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Aug 31st, 2020 at 9:14am:
No one here missed the point.

I think the "point" is tat loot-gen is garbage and you should just craft.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Honestly, I’ve yet to see rangen loot on par with what you can craft.  I mean, you’ve got to have the sun, moon and all the stars lined up to get effects with any amount of synergy, but the values are still completely fucking useless.  I mean what’s the point of having one of those new thaumaturgic staffs if it’s ML8 with stats you can craft on ML5?

At the very least the effects should be on par with cannith crafting, but for the system to actually make any useful sense, random loot should give better stats than what similarly leveled crafted gear can give...by say +1.  Without that, pretty much any further upgrades they do to rangen loot will be an absolute waste of time. 

The only real good to come out of the latest rangen overhaul was to add double augment gear back into the loot tables...which again are really only useful when blanked for crafting.  Unless they also unraveled some of their shittastic spaghetto code in the process, everything else they did in this last pass has been pretty much a waste of time.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
You can see the formulas here : http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/

There is just not a big difference between ML 21 and 25 items, only at level 26 when you get legendary raid gear at ML 26+ is there a huge power jump.

However loot gen wont use the highest formula for the level. So sometimes you see a lower level item have better stats than a higher level item.

Loot gen can be good, especially the new teal border ones, but it is extremely rare, akin to finding a good random loot item in a Diablo clone where you have to sift through hundreds of junk items to find a good one.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Aug 31st, 2020 at 1:34pm:
I mean, you’ve got to have the sun, moon and all the stars lined up to get effects with any amount of synergy,

SSG knows only 3 ways to give things to players:

1. Paywall(not used for anything that could be seen as an 'advantage' like loot, because 'P2W')

2. HUGE grindwall(used for anything halfway decent)

3. RNG with odds so low only confirmation bias makes anyone believe getting something is possible.

The entire concept of working for something and then getting it is largely lost to them:

SSG Dev: "Wait... so... you're saying, if a player does X a set number of times, they should receive Y?"
Common Sense: "Yep, and X should be predictable and attainable without playing the game like a second job."
SSG Dev: "I don't understand."

I mean what’s the point of having one of those new thaumaturgic staffs if it’s ML8 with stats you can craft on ML5?

IN THEORY, the loot progression should look something like:

Starter Gear --> Rangen Gear --> Crafted Gear --> Named Gear --> Raid Gear

In practice, the odds of getting useful rangen gear are next to none and crafting is so time and resource-intensive that you'll hit cap long before you can make a lvl 12 item. The most efficient way to gear a character is to play naked until you get named items.

The only real good to come out of the latest rangen overhaul was to add double augment gear back into the loot tables...which again are really only useful when blanked for crafting.  Unless they also unraveled some of their shittastic spaghetto code in the process, everything else they did in this last pass has been pretty much a waste of time.

/Agree

Rangen loot needs to synergize and drop with enough consistency to work as a useful placeholder. Every item doesn't have to be best-in-slot for every build, but everything SHOULD synergize at least with itelf(such as Con+insightful Con+false life all on the same item EVERY TIME). Otherwise its not even worth looking at.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Aug 31st, 2020 at 1:34pm:
You can see the formulas here : http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/

There is just not a big difference between ML 21 and 25 items, only at level 26 when you get legendary raid gear at ML 26+ is there a huge power jump.

However loot gen wont use the highest formula for the level. So sometimes you see a lower level item have better stats than a higher level item.

Loot gen can be good, especially the new teal border ones, but it is extremely rare, akin to finding a good random loot item in a Diablo clone where you have to sift through hundreds of junk items to find a good one.

This is actually good, thanks

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 12:25am
Print Post  
one of those new thaumaturgic staffs

I saw an interesting piece of random gen gear today: a thaumaturgic short sword.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 12:28am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 4th, 2020 at 12:25am:
I saw an interesting piece of random gen gear today: a thaumaturgic short sword.

Did you keep it? what were the specs?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint