Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Does Knock just not scale at fucking all? (Read 1386 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Does Knock just not scale at fucking all?
Aug 31st, 2020 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
So I have about 92 charaisma on my main sorc right now - and yet I cannot knock shit. I did an EE run of Epic Slavers last night and could not knock the lever, I don't think I've ever seen knock in epics on anything over normal difficulty. Are the DCs just impossibly high?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Re: Does Knock just not scale at fucking all?
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 31st, 2020 at 3:43pm:
So I have about 92 charaisma on my main sorc right now - and yet I cannot knock shit. I did an EE run of Epic Slavers last night and could not knock the lever, I don't think I've ever seen knock in epics on anything over normal difficulty. Are the DCs just impossibly high?

It does scale some as you level, but it only adds your spellcasting stat, no transmutation bonuses, etc.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
At cap in Draconic, my current Knock is 69 (nice)
In Magister I have DC 70. Probably because I have extra Cha in Magister from how I assigned points or something.

Check out Servants of the Overlord to see what your Knock skill level is because there's a locked chest early in the quest.

I can knock anything I care about except for the door in House of Death Undone. That gets my once-per-life chime of opening use.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Its the lever in the puzzle room that's specifically got my goat. I feel like I could empty my bluebar and never knock that son of a bitch.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 31st, 2020 at 5:04pm:
Its the lever in the puzzle room that's specifically got my goat. I feel like I could empty my bluebar and never knock that son of a bitch.

I never knew that knock was an option. I just run up, turn the puzzle pieces and run back to avoid the flames. If I get burned, Fire Shield Cold keeps me from dying. It’s one of the more enjoyable puzzles in DDO for me.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
It doesn't matter too much because the real "fuck you" is the fucking knock-down hallway. I don't think I've ever made it through that without at least one death. But it does speed up the runs substantially if you don't have to play chicken with the fire. Its the sort of puzzle that, the first time I ran the quest, I really enjoyed; but now that I have to run it 15,000 times for a Legendary Symbol of the Slave Lords, I'd kind of like it if the experience didn't suck as much.

I'm actually toying with building some kind of trapper to be my Slave Lords runner...

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 31st, 2020 at 5:25pm:
It doesn't matter too much because the real "fuck you" is the fucking knock-down hallway. I don't think I've ever made it through that without at least one death. But it does speed up the runs substantially if you don't have to play chicken with the fire. Its the sort of puzzle that, the first time I ran the quest, I really enjoyed; but now that I have to run it 15,000 times for a Legendary Symbol of the Slave Lords, I'd kind of like it if the experience didn't suck as much.

I'm actually toying with building some kind of trapper to be my Slave Lords runner...

1 ray spell or 1 thrown weapon or whatever to pull the pack at the end of the hall. Kill them and then turn on lightning shield from Draconic. Run up to about where it is and rocket jump with your choice of forward burst movement. Even if you are knocked down, you should have enough oomph to move the tiny bit more to get past.

I finally farmed up a Slave Lords item this week and that’s what got me past the lightning trip with the least amount of pain.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Hmmm.... that's not a bad plan at all. I have flyby attack!

Its never occured to me to use it in this instance because I am an idiot.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2020 at 4:26am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 31st, 2020 at 9:13pm:
Hmmm.... that's not a bad plan at all. I have flyby attack!

Its never occured to me to use it in this instance because I am an idiot.

Lol

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Knock is a caster level check that adds your spellcasting stat modifier rolled vs the open lock skill DC, and it is intended to be less useful than a rogue.

Interestingly, Open Lock DCs are apparently capped at 101, since the Bell of Opening just casts a Knock with +100.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint