Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Advice needed on faster leveling using box (Read 667 times)
Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Advice needed on faster leveling using box
Sep 3rd, 2020 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Hi all - have enough boxes to start my TR train  Wink
Since from third life you do not get to cap even with 50% xp pot, which one is faster/you guys recommend: go to level 7 and use the stone to get to cap, or use stone at level 1 and play last 2(19/20) levels?

IP Logged

TeamScorpioRI
Korthos Resident

#MonkLife

Re: Advice needed on faster leveling using box
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 10:01am
Print Post  
I think the higher levels would be faster. There are more sources of XP (Sharn, Vale, Orchard, Shavarath, Eveningstar, DemonWeb, etc..) so I think it would be less boring. Plus the gear is a higher level, so selling or crunching it will give you a better return on investment. The downside is you have to actually level your character for those higher levels, and make sure you have the gearset to get you through those levels (easy enough to plan if you are doing racial TR's, harder on class completionist).

Good luck and I am jealous on the boxes. I'm doing racials now and it's a LONG grind (finished human, and now partway through warforged).

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 10:11am
Print Post  
If I didn’t have enough smaller xp stones to level to 8, I’d stone to 18 then run Storm Horns. 

I mean, would you rather makeup that 400k xp by running a few higher level quests, or would you rather run 8 levels of lower level chains? 

If you’re just going to TR again, even favor should have little to nothing to do with anything other than having enough inventory space to clean out your TR cache.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
TeamScorpioRI wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 10:01am:
I think the higher levels would be faster. There are more sources of XP (Sharn, Vale, Orchard, Shavarath, Eveningstar, DemonWeb, etc..) so I think it would be less boring. Plus the gear is a higher level, so selling or crunching it will give you a better return on investment. The downside is you have to actually level your character for those higher levels, and make sure you have the gearset to get you through those levels (easy enough to plan if you are doing racial TR's, harder on class completionist).

Good luck and I am jealous on the boxes. I'm doing racials now and it's a LONG grind (finished human, and now partway through warforged).

Yap I will be doing racial TRs. Sorry forgot to mention that in OP. Thanks for the reply, looks like it is better to get some sharn/RL gear and go to level 18.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 10:11am:
If I didn’t have enough smaller xp stones to level to 8, I’d stone to 18 then run Storm Horns. 

I mean, would you rather makeup that 400k xp by running a few higher level quests, or would you rather run 8 levels of lower level chains? 

If you’re just going to TR again, even favor should have little to nothing to do with anything other than having enough inventory space to clean out your TR cache.

Yap after reading your reply, I think it is better to use stone at level 1. Also I see steady LFMs at levels 18-20 so finding groups also should not be an issue.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 12:42pm:
Yap after reading your reply, I think it is better to use stone at level 1. Also I see steady LFMs at levels 18-20 so finding groups also should not be an issue.

Honestly, you shouldn't need to find groups. I did about 20 lives without grouping once. After I got my eye in the longest life was only 5-6 hours of actual gameplay.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 12:40pm:
Yap I will be doing racial TRs. Sorry forgot to mention that in OP. Thanks for the reply, looks like it is better to get some sharn/RL gear and go to level 18.

I agree, the higher end is where it's at. Though I like the low level quests - there's lots of nice, short, good xp/min quests - the character is more fleshed out at higher levels and the gear is better. Having loads of AP to play with is more fun to me so even if I bothered to analyse my levelling & found low levels mroe efficient I'd probably still do the higher levels.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Based on my own experiences I cannot believe low levels could be more efficient. I think my record was a life in 45 minutes without getting up from my chair. Granted, that was during a 10% bonus weekend when stones were yielding 3.6 instead of 3.4. But the point is the dungeons average about 25-50k at the higher end vs 3-4k for roughly the same time investment.

This is of course just whats most efficient, not whats most fun.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Don't forget Litany.  Holy crap that's a nice chunk of XP for 6 minutes (3 minutes of which is sitting invisibly on a perch)

It's good enough that I run it R/E/H

I also like Rainbow and Running with the Devils and Sane Asylum if you know the path (google the puzzle solution before you step into the quest)

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
My preferred method was to:
* Use Stone to get to 3.4million xp, level to 18 (ensure build includes Evasion)
* Run the following quests
** Monastery of the Scorpion
** Enter the Kobold
** Rainbow in the Dark
** Sins of Attrition
** A New Invasion
** Lords of Dust (just the first quest)

That usually gave around ~370k xp. Get the last 30k in 5 minutes in Vale with a slayer pot going. Whole cycle usually took about 80 questing minutes.

There was probably room for increasing efficiency, but my goal was at least 5k xp per quest minute. A New Invasion, for instance, sometimes dipped below that but the other quests usually made up the difference to still average 5k per minute.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
See my optimization is around quests that require relatively little effort. Monastery and EtK are fast if you know them inside and out, but the puzzle in Kobald alone takes me a good 30 minutes with map. The end fight can also be exceptionally challenging.

My list ends up taking just a little longer(a bit under 90 minutes of questing time) but I can damn near autopilot the whole process.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint