Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Newest U47 Lamma Preview Notes are Up (Read 3794 times)
Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Re: Newest U47 Lamma Preview Notes are Up
Reply #25 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 17th, 2020 at 1:40pm:
I have to agree. The Iconic Razorclaw race and tree is clearly focused on Barbarians. I'm considering changing my monk into a Razorclaw Barb when it comes out. At least both his PRR and MRR will be significantly higher. I expect the DPS to be about the same.

I'll miss the Jade Strike and EIN stuff, though.

As it stands unless someone's got more testing done than me; you've got to sacrifice self healing to maintain similar DPS and play in Frenzied Berserker.

You can take the DPS loss and get better sustain from the other two trees though. And Visage of Terror trumps EiN imo anyway.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #26 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 17th, 2020 at 2:48pm:
As it stands unless someone's got more testing done than me; you've got to sacrifice self healing to maintain similar DPS and play in Frenzied Berserker.

That is my plan.

Edrein wrote on Sep 17th, 2020 at 2:48pm:
You can take the DPS loss and get better sustain from the other two trees though. And Visage of Terror trumps EiN imo anyway.

I don't know about Visage being better. My EiN DC is 140. I couldn't get anywhere near that with Visage.

I'll take a look at concentrating in the Ravager and Occult Slayer trees, though. Thanks.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #27 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Edrein,

I've looked at a Barb using just the Occult Slayer and Ravager trees. At first glance, I like the OS Tier V enhancements better.

Is Blood Strength so good that I should consider Tier 5 Ravager enhancements, instead?

Thanks.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #28 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 17th, 2020 at 5:32pm:
Edrein,

I've looked at a Barb using just the Occult Slayer and Ravager trees. At first glance, I like the OS Tier V enhancements better.

Is Blood Strength so good that I should consider Tier 5 Ravager enhancements, instead?

Thanks.

If you're using handwraps it's a bit of an interesting debate.

Blood Strength isn't effected by reaper penalties, so it's always decent healing.

The +2 threat range is huge for handwraps given their shitty 19-20 base range. However, you won't be getting any crit multiplier bonuses outside of the Shift.

Depending on how the AP costs are recalculated for the tree; I'd still argue T5 occult and Visage capstone if you can swing the AP costs.

Right now you're getting an extra +3 con from Shifter and that's +1.5DC to Visage. There's a ton of 'wonkiness' with the Visage DC that I wouldn't want to go into. But that being said I've been able to reliably land Visage in R5+ content even in Sharn. Assuming mobs don't get crazy stat increases with Feywild, you'll still be good to go.

On the flip side; T5 Occult Slayer does net you the best of both worlds. You get +1 threat range and technically +2 crit multiplier. Granted one of those is on 19-20, but remember you've got a shit crit profile anyway. So bumping yourself to a 18-20/x4 and 19-20/x6 is pretty nice. You've also got a solid big boy self heal; that while reduced by reaper is still more reliable than the smaller healing from blood strength.

Additionally you've got several attacks that don't break attack chain currently which is huge. All of the 'cleave' style attacks have a borked animation currently, so until we see if they fix that, expect cleaves to be a DPS loss.

No matter which side of the Enhancements you drop on. Taking Crazy Attack to T4 for the +2W buff is pretty damn useful. But again, that's more AP expenditures you've got to swing. And for a T5 Occult and Rav capstone, you aint swinging that damage buff.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #29 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
I seemingly can't save changes on the edit to that post. Scratch the numbers I have on threat profiles. Handwraps are a base 20/x2, not 19-20/x2.

That means that Occult Slayer is your best bet at 19-20/x6 as your overall crit profile.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #30 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 17th, 2020 at 8:11pm:
That means that Occult Slayer is your best bet at 19-20/x6 as your overall crit profile.

Yeah, and I like that extra +10% hit points, too.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #31 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 17th, 2020 at 8:11pm:

Yikes.  That 19-20 feels so small....

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #32 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:36am:

...but pretty devastating.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #33 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:41am:
...but pretty devastating.

Not sure about that. I've seen bigger numbers with that range from THF and even SWF. I think it's solid damage but it's not winning any beat down awards.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #34 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:18am:
Yeah, and I like that extra +10% hit points, too.

Thanks.

10% HP, metallic Bypass, and they finally fixed vampiric bond so an easy 60 temp HP for those being lazy about melee power (I was while testing).

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #35 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 1:05pm:
10% HP, metallic Bypass, and they finally fixed vampiric bond so an easy 60 temp HP for those being lazy about melee power (I was while testing).

Indeed.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #36 - Sep 21st, 2020 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 17th, 2020 at 5:49am:
Supposedly performance issues; I assume because their spaghetti code was shitting the bed when having to calculate 3 additional damage sources per hit on mobs. It wasn't a problem when the max you'd see this occurring at a time was maybe the 5 hits from DoD, but now that you've got everyone and their mother strikethrough-ing packs of mobs it's probably causing lag.

On the real side; probably to nerf sense weakness in areas where the untyped damage bonus provided damage that bypassed various DR buffs.

This is a buff to Sense Weakness. The extra dice were nice when EDs debuted, but dps has inflated like crazy since then, And I assure you +3 damage that scales with MP and crits, etc is going to do more damage than 3 unscaling dice that don't even apply full time.

As to performance issues, I think they mentioned once that there is a max to the number of additional effects that you can have scrolling by on the screen. Or maybe they were concerned about the base number being pushed off the left side of the screen on smaller monitors?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #37 - Sep 21st, 2020 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 21st, 2020 at 10:33pm:
This is a buff to Sense Weakness. The extra dice were nice when EDs debuted, but dps has inflated like crazy since then, And I assure you +3 damage that scales with MP and crits, etc is going to do more damage than 3 unscaling dice that don't even apply full time.

Very helpful, I mean that, thanks.  This is the kind of insight that makes it worth wading through all the gunk on this site.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #38 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Also it looks like the +3 will apply to ranged dps, where the extra dice did not.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 10:36am:

Critical profiles gain more dps the closer their range to multiplier ratios are. For example, say if you take Torn's base damage rating and wanted to see what increases it most, because not every critical unit is equal on a weapon/build ;

Torn with 3 multiplier is lower damage than Torn with 3 range.

Torn 3 multi :

0, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 465 = 93 BDR

Torn 3 range :

0, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 232.5, 232.5, 232.5, 232.5 = 104.625 BDR

After a certain point they equalize:

torn 2 range 2 multi :

0, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 387.5, 387.5, 387.5 = 120.125 BDR

torn 3 range 1 multi :

0, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 77.5, 310, 310, 310, 310 = 120.125 BDR

I used zero in this model, DDO does not use zero when they calculate BDR on your item. Not a huge difference either way, a model not using 0 will have a handful of points higher on its BDR than one using a zero.

Duality in this case benefits most from a +1/+1 profile increase. Like a on Kensei.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #40 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 6:10am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 12:59am:
Duality in this case benefits most from a +1/+1 profile increase. Like a on Kensei.

The value of Duality is intrinsically tied to being a monk though.

Sure the bumped 'die' is there, but post nerfage it's not enough to really say "Yeah, shifters should use this wrap."

My money is on most shifters will farm out Scraps of Enlightenment or Tatterchains.

Fetters is solid if you want to put in the effort depending on your server/your runes.

I'd imagine most will be using the Handwraps of the Hound, which unfortunately blows donkey dick at the moment beyond the nat 20 proc.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 6:48am
Print Post  
duality is 7 1d6 +3. The other wraps either do not have raid dice or do not have an extra 2 W from keen. Fetters is fine if soloing or no one has vacuum, though on a boss swapping vacuum for a few seconds and back to duality is higher dps than staying with other wraps.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #42 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 6:48am:
duality is 7 1d6 +3. The other wraps either do not have raid dice or do not have an extra 2 W from keen. Fetters is fine if soloing or no one has vacuum, though on a boss swapping vacuum for a few seconds and back to duality is higher dps than staying with other wraps.

Outside of monk mains who already have duality, I doubt anyone else is going to jump headlong into creating Strahd pugs for everyone else lol.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint