Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) SSG fails at communicating their failure at communication... (Read 6545 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

SSG fails at communicating their failure at communication...
Sep 18th, 2020 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
This thread caught my attention because of all the activity in the dev tracker:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/518161-Epic-Destiny-Changes-Communicat...

tl:dr version: we know massive changes are coming to EDs, the leaks indicate they are all negative, and players want to some level of communication on what's happening.

The dev response is a lot of circket-chirping.

Lynn did jump in... to respond to some criticism further down(no comment on actual core problem), then went into "We're not going to tell you anything until we're ready"

("Ready" being code for "the system has already been fully coded/alpha tested and we won't be able to make any fundamental changes")

Then Steel "help"fully jumps in to point to an information-free post saying that that's all we know about the ED nerfs(ignoring entirely that we know bad changes are incoming).

Its fun to watch them try to defend not telling us anything.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: SSG fails at communicating their failure at communication...
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2020 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
The info I leaked was 100% correct. Natashele and whoever else on that thread trying to lie to you all are suck-ups towards the devs. SSG had fully fleshed new legendary trees in writing. I risked my rep, my friends and their sources to get this out to the community. SSG larps while smoking crack with Sev. Who would you rather believe...

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 11:56pm:
The info I leaked was 100% correct. Natashele and whoever else on that thread trying to lie to you all are suck-ups towards the devs. SSG had fully fleshed new legendary trees in writing. I risked my rep, my friends and their sources to get this out to the community. SSG larps while smoking crack with Sev. Who would you rather believe...

Ngl, I missed the Legendary Trees part of that if you leaked it. Kind of curious how they would have looked lol.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 12:55am
Print Post  

Trust me rub, if I want to immune your character i'll call you a cunt-licking faggot to your face. That is not what's happening here. This post was alllllllll about about making fun of SSG who have clearly talked themselves into a corner:

They know the ED revamp is bad, they know the community will hate it.

Their only defense is to hide behind "There's nothing to share!" until the last possible second when the fuckup goes live.

That being said, did you actually leak the full details or just the cliffnotes? If there's full deets I'd love to see them. For science.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 1:30am
Print Post  
I risked my rep, my friends and their sources to get this out to the community.

So... you risked nothing then, thanks for sharing Big-note Billy.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 2:59am
Print Post  
I risked my rep, my friends and their sources to get this out to the community. SSG larps while smoking crack with Sev. Who would you rather believe...

You are a condescending asshole most of the times here on vault so it would kinda be an improvement  Grin

Not entering into detail on you would lose your friends for this, I would have to know too many things i don't want to in order to understand but I get the sources part, that showed balls

All in all, thanks for what you did. The answer Lynn gave spoke volumes how they get pissed off for even the slight criticism, in their mind it's all "we love you ssg you can do no wrong", anything else that doesn't elevate them to godhood status it's unfair. I really don't want to waste the whole day looking for the quotes but whoever reads Lynn replies to players who posted even the slightest criticism on the mobo knows what I'm talking about.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 1:30am:
So... you risked nothing then, thanks for sharing Big-note Billy.

well, you have no friends, so of course you couldn't relate...

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
standard... nothing new, move on, nothing to see. ( said/written by a drunk frog )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 12:41am:
Ngl, I missed the Legendary Trees part of that if you leaked it. Kind of curious how they would have looked lol.

They scrapped the new "Fabled" tress totally. They're going to still level gate your Epic Destinies from 20-30. Kind of like heroic enhancement trees, where you cannot grab the capstone and top tier unless you are the level that is required to activate them.

Which was my main gripe and reason for leaking it. No one I know really cares because it doesn't effect them since they have all their lives. I do not, and it actively makes the game immesley more miserable for me. Epic leveling is the only fun leveling process in this game, precisely because you have access to full character abilities, and only the gear scores change as you level.

I mean, you can believe Lyn, who has a job to keep, or me, who stands to lose and gain as much as the majority of the playerbase. Have I ever lied to you before? Have the devs lied to you before?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 6:35pm:
I mean, you can believe Lyn, who has a job to keep, or me, who stands to lose and gain as much as the majority of the playerbase.

Dude, why you keep acting like no one believes you? Yes, I will spell it out: I believe the information you leaked is legit. I believe you over Lynn and devinitely over fucking jerry(I've been informed I can't fat-shame him anymore). I also, for the record, agree with everything you're saying: level-gating EDs is a fucking slap in the god damn face. I also enjoy leveling epics for all the same reasons and won't if that change goes through.

Hence why I keep trying to keep the conversation alive on the motherboards.

Have I ever lied to you before? Have the devs lied to you before?

Yes and yes, but for the record I am calling them liars and agreeing that you are not lying in this one specific instance.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 6:52pm:
Yes

when and where have i ever mislead anyone over ddo?

IP Logged

stupiduserid
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
SSG almost gets off lying or obfuscating the player base at this point, they could just admit they have one hand on the wheel and don't know how to balance and don't know how to monetize or grow the player base, that they can't figure out their shit code and bad servers well enough to keep even simple duping from occurring or getting infront of it before it gets so rampant they'd have to ban 90% of their user base, and they certainly can't be arsed to fess up when they have leaks and open up communication, no they hold to their napkin worthy NDA and Sev is too arrogant or brainless to step down off his high horse and apologize and converse with the base because it's not like they are Bethesda asking Todd Howard to field 300k of their user base's angry questions, this is a skeleton crew of shit developers who got plucked out of college to build resumes and idiots who were looking at ending up writing phone apps for the foreseeable future being helmed by a meth addict. They can take the time to do a real face to face they are either too egotistical or lazy or both.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 8:07pm:

Why is this such a weird point of contention for you? Like I said, I believe you. Fine, if you want to be pedantic, I can't name a specific time you've lied about DDO, not that anyone cares. In 10,000 posts I'm sure its happened; plus I'm really skeptical of those mutton chops. But that is, as you can see, quite literally splitting hairs.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #13 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 8:48pm:
Why is this such a weird point of contention for you? Like I said, I believe you. Fine, if you want to be pedantic, I can't name a specific time you've lied about DDO, not that anyone cares. In 10,000 posts I'm sure its happened; plus I'm really skeptical of those mutton chops. But that is, as you can see, quite literally splitting hairs.

hes replying to your thread to speak to an audience, and you are interpreting this as him replying to you inside of your thread. after your third attempt to engage him in your misinterpretation, you made what could be considered an attack on him- answering his rhetorical question (about if he has lied to any of us), by saying that he HAS LIED to you. THIS finally requires he acknowledge your existence, and he does so gracefully- simply asking you to provide a source for your claim, and expanding your parameters by allowing you to reference a lie to ANYONE over ddo, not just yourself. and then: you FAILED to do this and ask him why he has this point of contention. This entire exchange between u and him was literally one sided in your mind until he read your quote of his rhetorical question about his truthfulness and your unjustifiable rebuttal that has lied to you.

TL;DR youre literally gay and retarded noam

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #14 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
They scrapped the new "Fabled" tress totally. They're going to still level gate your Epic Destinies from 20-30. Kind of like heroic enhancement trees, where you cannot grab the capstone and top tier unless you are the level that is required to activate them.

Which was my main gripe and reason for leaking it. No one I know really cares because it doesn't effect them since they have all their lives. I do not, and it actively makes the game immesley more miserable for me. Epic leveling is the only fun leveling process in this game, precisely because you have access to full character abilities, and only the gear scores change as you level.

I mean, you can believe Lyn, who has a job to keep, or me, who stands to lose and gain as much as the majority of the playerbase. Have I ever lied to you before? Have the devs lied to you before?

Oh I didn't doubt you, not sure where you've got that. Remember Rubbins, I was on the PC. I'm aware of the level of complacency amongst PC members and their willingness to yes man over everything.

I'll admit the concept of this 'Fabled' trees interests me though. If for no better reason than to see what they would have looked like.

Level gating the EDs is a shit choice; the other main part of your leak about them changing it to be more in line like enhancement trees did sound appealing. Assuming you'd be able to actively pick and choose with a ED-AP spread, I'd almost take that over twists any day. At this point twists and the system as is exists to merely prevent a few classes from being gods amongst us.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #15 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 9:10pm:
Oh I didn't doubt you, not sure where you've got that.

as i mentioned to noam, you must remember that he is the other side of a current event, where people are actively attempting to discredit the information. this is his platform for rebuttal. dont mistake his words to the audience as a response to you, especially when u are unable to determine why he would say these things to you. chances are, he isnt saying them to you at all. if he makes a good reply to a specific user, theres no reason not to further use that info to support his side of the general topic- that the leaks are real information- because there are people saying otherwise. he is a whistleblower, and shills and officials are denying his story. do not misinterpret his rebuttals to those who deny the leaks, as rebuttals to you, if u did not deny the leaks.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 19th, 2020 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 19th, 2020 at 8:07pm:

I think you're kind of an asshole online, but I also recognize that you're an asshole who repeatedly provided accurate and insightful information. The fact that their denial was really weak also says a lot

"Oh, it's like not completely 100% accurate because it didn't include all of the context and some parts of it aren't completely correct" was the best response they could come up with?

(Also, being an asshole doesn't make me dislike you. I enjoy you on the forums.)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
This is a part of why we're holding off on answering specific questions until we have a top-notch plan together, yes. We don't want any ambiguity and especially don't want to answer a question one way and then oh no our plans changed and now we've inadvertently set the expectations of the players into something that's no longer true. I never, absolutely never, want to lie to you all - especially about something so important. We're taking the time we need to do this right, and that means holding off on releasing information until we get to a place where we're confident. Please trust us that we're trying our absolute best to put together the best version of DDO that we can - and part of doing so means slowing down and taking extra time to make sure we're not leaving anything behind.

"Are you going to level-gate epic destinys, yes or no?" there is fucking zero ambiguity in this answer.

IP Logged

Robson
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 7:19am
Print Post  
They are fucking sly arseholses that lot.

Lynnathing happy to jump in and defend her toadying cohorts when those sadsacks "defend" their devs. Done it a few times now. I thought she was going to just fuck off a while ago after crying because someone told her she was shite at her job? Another fucking lie.

Absolutely lied to us about fixing Amber when they over fucked that til it bled too, lest we forget.

And these sanctimonious wankers expect me to feel bad about buying duped boxes when they are happy to sanction giving insider information to folks on the players council to exploit with their bum chums?

Well, they can fuck right off!

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Well of course they are going to lie their asses off about a shitty change that will make even mor epeople quit in disgust. They have to try to milk the last bit of $$ out of those people before they quit.

I know the reason I grind out all that power is so that they can nerf it down the road so it's just as hard to epic level as it was with no ED tree.

I'd like to think they would change course before a disaster, but I just picture the helmsman of the Titanic saying "Um.....Captain....." and the Captain saying...."STEADY AS SHE GOES!"

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Sep 20th, 2020 at 8:37am:
I'd like to think they would change course before a disaster, but I just picture the helmsman of the Titanic saying "Um.....Captain....." and the Captain saying...."STEADY AS SHE GOES!"

SAME SPEED AHEAD!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #21 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 18th, 2020 at 7:17pm:

Its fun to watch them try to defend not telling us anything.

I'm just curious, why should they tell us anything before the system is ready to be shared?   What's the logic in prematurely sharing a half baked system that is subject to change besides "We want it now.  We don't want to wait."?

My experience in software development is that it is rarely a good idea to share designs that are not finalized with end users.   It only leads to negative energy when the final design is released and there are differences (which you, as the developer knew there would be.  That's why your design wasn't final yet).

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 20th, 2020 at 6:58pm:
I'm just curious, why should they tell us anything before the system is ready to be shared?   What's the logic in prematurely sharing a half baked system that is subject to change besides "We want it now.  We don't want to wait."?

My experience in software development is that it is rarely a good idea to share designs that are not finalized with end users.   It only leads to negative energy when the final design is released and there are differences (which you, as the developer knew there would be.  That's why your design wasn't final yet).

They ended up scrapping the entire epic destiny revamp, so it seems like they did realize that what they had wasn’t going to be acceptable to the players. Getting input earlier could have let them make that decision in the design stage instead of waiting until they did a ton of engineering work after the design work.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #23 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 7:10pm
Print Post  

Leak? Where?

Care to re-post here if it was on the DDO Forums but taken down?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 20th, 2020 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 20th, 2020 at 6:58pm:

Because if history is any guide (and SSG does tend to stick to what they've done in the past), they either don't tell us or their "ready to tell us" stage is it's created and previewed on Lama and they only have time for minor bugfixes, if that. And if it's bad, it's still going in cause they've already spent the money on it.

That whole thread is players telling them that their typical "ready to tell us" stage isn't acceptable for a major system overhaul like that - or really anything anymore.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint