Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) The end of DDO DUPE store? (Read 5085 times)
DupeHero
Korthos Resident

Purchase Boxes, Platinum
and Astral Shard Now!

Re: The end of DDO DUPE store?
Reply #25 - Sep 27th, 2020 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Sad that because of a small group that could not keep it professional and had to spam all the discord chats, facebook page and lfms SSG is now taking action... anyways this is not something that concerns me too much as i already have a lot of accounts with boxes on them to continue the dupe store so this will not be the end for my store.

Purchase Boxes, Platinum and Astral Shard Now at http://DDODupeStore.com/. Best prices and fastest delivery available.
IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #26 - Sep 27th, 2020 at 11:22am
Print Post  
DupeHero wrote on Sep 27th, 2020 at 11:09am:
Sad that because of a small group that could not keep it professional and had to spam all the discord chats, facebook page and lfms SSG is now taking action... anyways this is not something that concerns me too much as i already have a lot of accounts with boxes on them to continue the dupe store so this will not be the end for my store.

Oh the irony.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #27 - Sep 27th, 2020 at 11:48am
Print Post  
DupeHero wrote on Sep 27th, 2020 at 11:09am:

Yea you're definitely a hero alright.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

DupeHero
Korthos Resident

Purchase Boxes, Platinum
and Astral Shard Now!

Reply #28 - Sep 27th, 2020 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
The devs clearly knew but they could ignore it in the past, now with the lfms, message on their facebook page and all the discord groups, quite hard to ignore. That's probably why they chose to act now is all i am saying lol

Purchase Boxes, Platinum and Astral Shard Now at http://DDODupeStore.com/. Best prices and fastest delivery available.
IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Sep 27th, 2020 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm seriously still shocked that SSG's actions.  People are duping,  quick shut down the ability for new players to join the game.  I mean seriously,  what the fuck.  That's just so fucked up.  Never thought I'd look back at the WB error and think, "at least Turbine had some common sense back then."

It makes sense to me as a first step. Stop the creation of new accounts until they can ban everyone that is duping/selling and eliminate the stashes of duped boxes.

But it isn't going to mean a damn thing if they don't fix the bugs that make duping possible, so there really isn't any point in what they're doing because you KNOW they aren't going to fix those bugs.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Sep 27th, 2020 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Yeah I thought the whole reason server transfers stayed down as long as they did was to fix the exploit. Seems clear SSG has no clue how to even reproduce it!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 5:55am
Print Post  
So they used stupid and not working solution for something that have easy solution.
They already have all the data they need for effective datamining.
Give any halfdecent programmer 3 days ... 1 week top and you have simple AI that can connect all the dots in realtime. Its fcking simple for any halfdecent programmer to mine out the information from data they already have.
But i think if they used THIS solution that means they dont even have halfdecent programmer.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #32 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 6:42am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 25th, 2020 at 6:27pm:
Do you know how easy it is to make a fake FB account?

Hell yeah.  And I used mine to add a few comments of my own.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #33 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Petik wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 5:55am:
But i think if they used THIS solution that means they dont even have halfdecent programmer.

They don't have any programmers.  They have this guy.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

didntgetme
Korthos Resident

Just another tricky day
for you

Reply #34 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Sep 27th, 2020 at 1:15pm:
It makes sense to me as a first step. Stop the creation of new accounts until they can ban everyone that is duping/selling and eliminate the stashes of duped boxes.

But it isn't going to mean a damn thing if they don't fix the bugs that make duping possible, so there really isn't any point in what they're doing because you KNOW they aren't going to fix those bugs.

Yeah the bans will be coming soon. Will be easy for SSG to determine what accounts have the illicit goods and destroy them and ban the accounts. Then put in place an AI that watches account for specific items that accumulate those items without first initiating a store purchase.  Even if the dupe method bug is not fixed it would be easy for the AI to delete the newly created items and then auto-ban the accounts.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
didntgetme wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 12:19pm:
Yeah the bans will be coming soon. Will be easy for SSG to determine what accounts have the illicit goods and destroy them and ban the accounts. Then put in place an AI that watches account for specific items that accumulate those items without first initiating a store purchase.  Even if the dupe method bug is not fixed it would be easy for the AI to delete the newly created items and then auto-ban the accounts.

It has been easy for SSG to do that for more than a decade now and they haven't done it yet.

And the one time that they did try to write a script to ban people, it fucked up royally and banned the wrong people.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #36 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 12:30pm:
And the one time that they did try to write a script to ban people, it fucked up royally and banned the wrong people.

That was because the db to gen the list was before an update and they ran the banning program after the update

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #37 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Petik wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 5:55am:
1 week top and you have simple AI that can connect all the dots in realtime.

didntgetme wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 12:19pm:
Then put in place an AI that watches account for specific items that accumulate those items without first initiating a store purchase.

You people have a pretty naïve view of exactly what constitutes "an AI". You're describing a simple set of if --> then --> else statements. By your definition the spell-check feature in Microsoft Word is an AI. So is a gravel sorting machine.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #38 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
lmfao combining AI with an ancient old engine... sure

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

didntgetme
Korthos Resident

Just another tricky day
for you

Reply #39 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 1:12pm:
You people have a pretty naïve view of exactly what constitutes "an AI". You're describing a simple set of if --> then --> else statements. By your definition the spell-check feature in Microsoft Word is an AI. So is a gravel sorting machine.

I used the term "AI" as a generalization. Yeah it's basically just an Active script constantly monitoring the acquisition and usage of boxes and experience stones that could have been contained in them.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #40 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
didntgetme wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 1:24pm:
I used the term "AI" as a generalization. Yeah it's basically just an Active script constantly monitoring the acquisition and usage of boxes and experience stones that could have been contained in them.

So, you're, what, 13? Did your mama buy you a 'puter for christmas?

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #41 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
It is a cash cow for them, too. Why ban?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #42 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Customers are buying VIP subs + store hearts to get the most out of their boxes, dupers are buying shitloads of points.

Long-term however it won't last. But that's just the thing: SSG is shortsighted.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
So what is the story here? Is the dupe process widely known but only a few are trying it, or is it still under close guard and those with the know are trying to cash in?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #44 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
From what I gather its pretty widely known at this point. You have at least 4 sellers on the boards here using it + dozens more spamming the gam + all the people using it and not trying to monetize it.

That being said I am frankly happier just buying my goods. The method sounds risky, but there's virtually no way to catch buyers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint