Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Do not buy from the idiots posting LFMs (Read 5077 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Do not buy from the idiots posting LFMs
Sep 29th, 2020 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
No personal experience, here, but I'm just going to lay a little logic and some maths on everyone.

First off:
*No, SSG is not logging every single trade in the game
*No, SSG is not logging every single time an otto's box is opened.

They just do not have the SPACE for that. Storage at the data center-level is very expensive, on the order of thousands of dollars per terabyte. I know what you're thinking "well, I can buy a 2tb hard drive on amazon for $45!" yes and we're all very proud of you. That's a consumer grade drive, datacenter-grade hard drives are a lot more expensive, AND they can't just buy any old drive and shove it all up in the system. Secondly, with Storage Area Networks(SANs) you only get a fraction of the raw capacity. This is to balance availability, speed, and redundancy, but basically if you have a drawer full of 6tb hard disks, your actual usable capacity is anywhere from 1/3rd to 1/4th of # of HDs x capacity of each HD.

So no, the idea that they've been logging every trade or ever box use and can just parse the logs and find the cheaters? Its ridiculous. They can't give us more BtC storage because their SAN doesn't have enough room, they definitely haven't got space to store months worth of logs.

Second:
*No, SSG cannot see your public IP here on the Vault
*No, SSG cannot see your public IP on FaceBook
*No, SSG cannot see your public IP on Discord.
*YES, SSG CAN ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY SEE YOUR PUBLIC IP IF YOU POST AN LFM

The big disconnect that keeps us safe, here, is SSG cannot differentiate the duped boxes from the real ones. So even if someone has 100 of them in their inventory, they have no way to determine that those boxes were not obtained legitimately.

However.

If someone were dumb enough to post an LFM advertising that they were selling boxes, then SSG could very easily put a flag on that IP address and start logging all activity from it. That means every account, and, yes, logging every trade. So if you bought from a guy who posted an LFM, you have a much better chance of being hunted down and banned.

tl;dr: its next to impossible to get caught if you don't do anything obvious in game, but very easy once you start pointing a giant arrow.

Just consider this a PSA courtesy of a guy who knows a thing or two about data centers, storage, and servers.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

fuckface mcgee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Do not buy from the idiots posting LFMs
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Sorry, but I'm going to wait until a real security expert like Kistillan weighs in. Tongue

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 7:57pm:
No personal experience, here, but I'm just going to lay a little logic and some maths on everyone.

First off:

So no, the idea that they've been logging every trade or ever box use and can just parse the logs and find the cheaters? Its ridiculous. They can't give us more BtC storage because their SAN doesn't have enough room, they definitely haven't got space to store months worth of logs.

However.

If someone were dumb enough to post an LFM advertising that they were selling boxes, then SSG could very easily put a flag on that IP address and start logging all activity from it. That means every account, and, yes, logging every trade. So if you bought from a guy who posted an LFM, you have a much better chance of being hunted down and banned.

I've never seen so many contradictions in one post...

They can crosscheck IP addresses, yes, I noticed that today as they banned 6 accounts of mine at the same time and then banned my IP in general. No one in this house can Log in game and open the ddo forums. We have a dynamic IP, so whatever.
After that i went to warn all my customers (over 50 of them) and they told me they're fine. I highly doubt they can check interactions between players- besides chat logs.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
fuckface mcgee wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 8:59pm:
Sorry, but I'm going to wait until a real security expert like Kistillan weighs in. Tongue

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh... I'm in tears.....

Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 9:12pm:
They can crosscheck IP addresses, yes, I noticed that today as they banned 6 accounts of mine at the same time and then banned my IP in general.

So the point I think you missed here, and I'll say it slow cuz I'm a nice guy: they don't just save logs of every single thing that happens in the game. BUT. If someone does something suspicious(like post an LFM offering to sell boxes) they can turn ON logging for that specific IP and log everything that happens with every account associated with it(and all trades and transactions).

If you WERE posting LFMs(in which case I'm sorry I called you an idiot, I didn't mean to offend anyone here specifically), then it may only be a matter of time before your customers start getting hit. Or they might not get hit at all. Like I said: I'm only sharing what I know based on how technology works, no one can know the mind of SSG. Only madness lies that way.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 9:43pm
Print Post  

First off:

They just do not have the SPACE for that. Storage at the data center-level is very expensive, on the order of thousands of dollars per terabyte. I know what you're thinking "well, I can buy a 2tb hard drive on amazon for $45!" yes and we're all very proud of you. That's a consumer grade drive, datacenter-grade hard drives are a lot more expensive, AND they can't just buy any old drive and shove it all up in the system. Secondly, with Storage Area Networks(SANs) you only get a fraction of the raw capacity. This is to balance availability, speed, and redundancy, but basically if you have a drawer full of 6tb hard disks, your actual usable capacity is anywhere from 1/3rd to 1/4th of # of HDs x capacity of each HD.

Second:
*No, SSG cannot see your public IP here on the Vault
*No, SSG cannot see your public IP on FaceBook
*No, SSG cannot see your public IP on Discord.

The big disconnect that keeps us safe, here, is SSG cannot differentiate the duped boxes from the real ones. So even if someone has 100 of them in their inventory, they have no way to determine that those boxes were not obtained legitimately.

However.

tl;dr: its next to impossible to get caught if you don't do anything obvious in game, but very easy once you start pointing a giant arrow.

Just consider this a PSA courtesy of a guy who knows a thing or two about data centers, storage, and servers.

Yep.

The thing is I'd expect SSG to have a special game client that can simply attach to every active instance and monitor what the engine is doing, based on criteria selection of course.  So, the client flags to receive all in-game trade data, for example.  The client is just a desktop sitting in the office, of course.

Nerds would understand if I said it's just like running tcpdump with some select criteria, for example.

But but but, would such a facility have been coded into the engine from day one I wonder.

Probably.  Fucking.  Not.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 9:43pm:
But but but, would such a facility have been coded into the engine from day one I wonder.

Probably.  Fucking.  Not.

As some kind of a desktop client? Definitely not. But the server will absolutely have debugging options that allow it to selectively log anything to a file. This would have been necessary for testing and development.

Imagine: whilst building the game, a lowly turbine tester trades and item between two accounts, discovers he now has 2 copies of the item. How do you solve that? You turn on debugging and log everything that happens, then repeat the process.

Its very similar as you said to a TCP dump, in fact thats how people reverse-engineer MMO servers: they get players to set up traps, preform certain actions in the game, then examine the logs. The key difference is the TCP traffic isn't designed to be human readable, so there's a lot of guess work and deciphering going on.

With the actual server logs, everything shows up usually in a simple, easy to read format.

But the key is you have to turn on logging. They aren't just saving everything.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
I'll tell you this slowly too

You're giving them
more credit
than they
deserve.

Cause you're paranoid.

Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 9:12pm:
I've never seen so many contradictions in one post...

They can crosscheck IP addresses, yes, I noticed that today as they banned 6 accounts of mine at the same time and then banned my IP in general. No one in this house can Log in game and open the ddo forums. We have a dynamic IP, so whatever.

That happened because you are a fucking moron (assuming it even happened and you aren't making it up like all the other drama you have been posting about since you started begging for shit because of your long lost man... pffft).

But lets pretend this did happen today... well it would be because you are a fucking moron:

Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 26th, 2020 at 9:06pm:
Luckily for me, there's a whole fucking population out there on the 7 servers that have not touched The Vault and understandably avoid it. These are the folks Vinke don't have access to if he's not advertising in-game. No risk, no reward.

Actually I lied on my previous post, I don't give a fuck about the game, but so doesn't he if he's selling them much cheaper than me  Grin
Sorry for the Account Registration being disabled, not sorry  Cheesy  Grin

Begging one day, bragging the next, banned the day after that... kill yourself ya silly bitch.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:18pm:
I'll tell you this slowly too
Cause you're paranoid.

They guy who got banned calling me paranoid... cute.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:08pm:
As some kind of a desktop client? Definitely not.

Definitely yes.  When you log in to play, your client is doing just that.  Your character is essentially a real time plug-in.  It receives packets of data specific to it's actions and environment.

You turn on debugging and log everything that happens, then repeat the process.

Totally inefficient.  All you need to monitor is trades and it can be done in real time if the facility is inside the engine.

Its very similar as you said to a TCP dump

I'm referring to tcpdump.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tcpdump

so there's a lot of guess work and deciphering going on.

Nope.  Sorry.

Anyway, we're not talking specifically about using tcpdump.  I said 'like'.  As in, the concept of capturing specific data.

The engine should be able to monitor for any specific event, such as mounting a horse, or buying a wand, or changing instances and simply duplicate that event data and send it to the client using UDP (to minimize impact on traffic) and the client would obviously know what that data is report appropriately.

I say UDP because it's connectionless communication.  I hope you understand what that means.

It's syslog 101 (in essence).  The separation of logging the message from the system that generates it to an external logging daemon.

Shit we're been doing for decades.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Yeah we're pretty much saying the same thing. No point in quibbling over semantics*unless you're in to that).

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #11 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:40am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:45pm:

Fucking hell mate, watch where you point that flame thrower  Grin

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Exploit early and exploit often,

It no longer feels "early" to me.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #13 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:32pm:
That happened because you are a fucking moron (assuming it even happened and you aren't making it up like all the other drama you have been posting about since you started begging for shit because of your long lost man... pffft).

But lets pretend this did happen today... well it would be because you are a fucking moron:

Begging one day, bragging the next, banned the day after that... kill yourself ya silly bitch.

You are mistaking me for someone who fucking cares. I was planning to quit the game after making a killing (which i did)
So put this post up your tiny ass and keep playing.

noamineo wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 10:45pm:

How does getting banned correlate with being paranoid?
Jesus fuck sometime you post like a 10 year old.

You think you know things that others don’t and it makes you feel smarter, special or superior. It makes you feel good to feed the ego. It takes a bit of self reflection and a slice of humble pie to figure out your motivations for believing something.
It's common to people with depression, low self-esteem, intelligence insecurity, unhappy with a career path...

It's like having taken a fucking Chinese knockoff red pill...

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #14 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 9:04am
Print Post  
While we're at it

They added another security layer.

Either crosschecks through Store payments or some kind of logging through Transfers.

- Bought points to transfer (with a card linked to the accounts that got banned)
- Transferred
- logged in and got the message at loading screen.

Gotta give it to them this time, they're getting smarter  Grin

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #15 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 9:04am:
While we're at it

They added another security layer.

Either crosschecks through Store payments or some kind of logging through Transfers.

- Bought points to transfer (with a card linked to the accounts that got banned)
- Transferred
- logged in and got the message at loading screen.

Gotta give it to them this time, they're getting smarter  Grin

Yeah, not buying it fella. I still have all my boxes, my friends have all theirs, no one we raid or guild with has been banned, and not one person has said they were banned in the last week on K-town. On top of that several people on this site have admitted they don't even try to hide use and none of them got banned. Guess what? not one of the dorks selling them on the shard house has been banned either. Last ban wave was months ago, and Ddoplayer and dupehero were nailed during trade a few months ago but nada otherwise.

What a puzzle huh? I wonder why you got banned? super confusing even taking into account how stupid you are. What ever could be going on?

I mean sure some of us have PM'd back and forth and looked at your post history since May, and yeah it would be easy to assume that you were just looking for attention and trying to be taken seriously with that super sad sad story about a type of visa that isn't really a thing. Then I suppose we could deduce that you were making up a line that you knew uber dupe methods and then carefully priced them so high no one would pony up and call your bluff when they could get it all from the other vendors Like Vinke for a fraction of the cost. Golly what a mystery, the way you went from screeching about needing dosh, and then tried to roleplay you were selling stuff to no one here and trashing other vendors for having testimonials and reviews.  The pretend language quirks that only last three posts, kinda odd.  The thirsty need to claim credit for the account shut down only after others had mentioned it, man oh man it is all such a lame transparent enigma.

Whatever are we to think? Are you gay? or are you retarded? or are you gay and retarded?

Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #16 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 10:25am:
Yeah, not buying it fella. I still have all my boxes, my friends have all theirs, no one we raid or guild with has been banned, and not one person has said they were banned in the last week on K-town. On top of that several people on this site have admitted they don't even try to hide use and none of them got banned. Guess what? not one of the dorks selling them on the shard house has been banned either. Last ban wave was months ago, and Ddoplayer and dupehero were nailed during trade a few months ago but nada otherwise.

I saw a guy get banned right in the middle of the quest btw.
It is 100% related to server transfer dupe. Be warned.

IP Logged

didntgetme
Korthos Resident

Just another tricky day
for you

Reply #17 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 11:36am:

More and more of this is going to happen. You better believe if you can do a search in your inventory and display the boxes and xp stones in your inventory then SSG can  search the inventory tables for all the same items. Drop that data into a CSV or xlsx. Sort it by character name. And then the crying will really start. And after last week end you can bet that debug level character login data capture has been turned on.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 11:57am
Print Post  
didntgetme wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 11:48am:
More and more of this is going to happen. You better believe if you can do a search in your inventory and display the boxes and xp stones in your inventory then SSG can  search the inventory tables for all the same items. Drop that data into a CSV or xlsx. Sort it by character name. And then the crying will really start. And after last week end you can bet that debug level character login data capture has been turned on.

Only problem here: if the boxes were acquired in a trade they have no way to tell they weren't acquired legitimately. Yes it looks very fishy if someone has 100 boxes, but it IS entirely possible to get that many through legitimate means. There ARE in fact people who bought 100 boxes with points they paid for.

The exception, of course, is if you acquired them through a trade from a player SSG is explicitly watching because they posted an LFM or otherwise painted a giant target on their back.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #19 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 11:36am:

Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool. Thanks, good to know, I'd take that as a solid report. I also gotta admit that it would be pretty fucking funny to see someone get Banned in the middle of a raid, lol.   

I also still say Halfmaniac is a gay and retarded liar about shim's duping/banning claims, doesn't pass the smell test.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #20 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 10:25am:

What a puzzle huh? I wonder why you got banned? super confusing even taking into account how stupid you are. What ever could be going on?

I mean sure some of us have PM'd back and forth and looked at your post history since May, and yeah it would be easy to assume that you were just looking for attention and trying to be taken seriously with that super sad sad story about a type of visa that isn't really a thing. Then I suppose we could deduce that you were making up a line that you knew uber dupe methods and then carefully priced them so high no one would pony up and call your bluff when they could get it all from the other vendors Like Vinke for a fraction of the cost. Golly what a mystery, the way you went from screeching about needing dosh, and then tried to roleplay you were selling stuff to no one here and trashing other vendors for having testimonials and reviews.  The pretend language quirks that only last three posts, kinda odd.  The thirsty need to claim credit for the account shut down only after others had mentioned it, man oh man it is all such a lame transparent enigma.

Whatever are we to think? Are you gay? or are you retarded? or are you gay and retarded?

It's not stupid if everything is according to plan, dumbfuck.
Why are you so mad tho? Did i happen to steal some of your customers?
Not getting enough testicals and reviews??
I'm so sorry to hear that pal.

It is all going to be over soon  Kiss

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #21 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 8:03am:
Exploit early and exploit often,

It no longer feels "early" to me.

Nailed it.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #22 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Oh some pretty serious datacenter debunking performed by noa.

First off:

There's no real difference between consumer grade and datacenter grade drives nowadays when it comes to capacity. The differences are the Interface ( SAS instead of SATA ) and the Drive Rotational Speed ( 15K instead of 7200rpm ). And you pay each RPM a huge premium as it means a lower seek time. ( parse : faster to write or read ). Just to clarify since Noa used the S acronym... a SAN is not a NAS ( well it can be, but it usually is not, there's a dedicated server to which it's attached specially designed to have a huge throughput between the mass storage ( the SAN ) and the network. )
Now he barely mentionned that a given SAN capacity was not equal to the sum of the capacity of all it's disks. It's a tiny bit more complex than that and there's some fringe configurations where it's the case. ( when data preservation in case of failure is not important ) But most of the time SANs are not configured as JBODs ( Just a Bunch Of Disk ) but are in RAID. ( Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks )
The most used one are RAID 10 ( or RAID 0+1 ) and RAID 5. With RAID 10 you basically end up with half the capacity of the disks ( you make two identical piles of disks [ that's the 0 ( Stripping ) ] and you copy the data on each pile [ That's the 1 ( Mirroring ) ] and poor pereformances since the controller has to issue the commands twice. Obviously if a disk fail you still have the mirror so your data are safe.
Then there's RAID5, which reserves a part of the disk for something called Redundancy Code. This part of the disk allows the RAID controller to rebuild the lost data when a disk fails and usually takes up to 1/3rd of a disk... on each and every disk in the SAN. ( because we want to be able to recover in case of multiple disk failures ) 

AAH wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 9:43pm:
The thing is I'd expect SSG to have a special game client that can simply attach to every active instance and monitor what the engine is doing

Personally I think that it's the same client... As can be seen in a client log that is not generated anymore :
Code
Select All
The last played world is Ghallanda                                                                   23/12/2011 18:20:31
Highres Dat is up to date.                                                                           23/12/2011 18:20:33
...PatchComplete events finished                                                                     23/12/2011 18:20:33
15: "Ghallanda" @ 74.201.106.64:9004;74.201.106.64:9003 is UP and NOT FULL
queueNames: 4EEB3460-6B99-48E9-A335-712EFC218F9C;0BEBEF2C-5736-4E1A-B01C-ADF49576A98A
queueURLs: http://10.67.112.64:7082/LoginQueue;http://10.67.112.64:7081/LoginQueue
lastServed: 2490  nowServing: 2490  waitHint: 8,316
allowAdminRoles: Server,CustomerService,Observer,SeniorCustomerService,LeadCustomerService,Test
allowBillingRoles: TurbineEmployee,TurbineVIP,StormreachLimited,StormreachStandard,StormreachGuest,StormreachEUPre 23/12/2011 18:21:02
                                                                                                     23/12/2011 18:21:02
gls url: https://gls-auth.ddo.com/GLS.AuthServer/Service.asmx                                        23/12/2011 18:21:02
                                                                                                     23/12/2011 18:21:03
Username "Flavilandile" authenticated successfully                                                   23/12/2011 18:21:03
DDO Subscriptions:                                                                                   23/12/2011 18:21:03
    Game: ................ "DDO"                                                                     23/12/2011 18:21:03
    Description: ......... "Flavilandile"                                                            23/12/2011 18:21:03
    Name: ................ "TOTO"                                                                    23/12/2011 18:21:03
    Status: .............. "Active"                                                                  23/12/2011 18:21:03
    ProductTokens: ....... "eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SlotsUpgrade_3,eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SlotsUpgrade_2,FULL,TREATED_AS_SUBSCRIBER,DDOPreview,StormreachGuest,F2PDDOUp,eStore_Feature_FavoredSoul,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_2,eStore_Feature_CharSlot,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_4,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_7,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_6,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_9,eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SlotsUpgrade_1,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_3,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_8,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_5,eStore_Feature_Artificer,eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SharedPlatUpgrade_1,eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SharedPlatUpgrade_2" 23/12/2011 18:21:03
    CustomerServiceTokens: ""                                                                        23/12/2011 18:21:03
Existing user object.                                                                                23/12/2011 18:21:03
Selected Subscription:                                                                               23/12/2011 18:21:03
    Game: ................ "DDO"                                                                     23/12/2011 18:21:03
    Description: ......... "Flavilandile"                                                            23/12/2011 18:21:03
    Name: ................ "TATA"                                                                    23/12/2011 18:21:03
    Status: .............. "Active"                                                                  23/12/2011 18:21:03
    ProductTokens: ....... "eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SlotsUpgrade_3,eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SlotsUpgrade_2,FULL,TREATED_AS_SUBSCRIBER,DDOPreview,StormreachGuest,F2PDDOUp,eStore_Feature_FavoredSoul,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_2,eStore_Feature_CharSlot,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_4,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_7,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_6,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_9,eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SlotsUpgrade_1,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_3,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_8,eStore_Feature_CharSlot_5,eStore_Feature_Artificer,eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SharedPlatUpgrade_1,eStore_Feature_AccountBank_SharedPlatUpgrade_2" 23/12/2011 18:21:03
    CustomerServiceTokens: ""                                                                        23/12/2011 18:21:03
Launcher.authenticator.Authenticated                                                                 23/12/2011 18:21:03
Transition to phase: WorldSelectControl                                                              23/12/2011 18:21:04
                                                                                                     23/12/2011 18:21:05
World status update initiated                                                                        23/12/2011 18:21:05
Using the batched world status update & DatacenterServer.GetDatacenterStatus SOAP method             23/12/2011 18:21:05
World status update complete                                                                         23/12/2011 18:21:05

Look at the nice lines : allowAdminRoles and AllowBillingRoles and then look at the ProductTokens one.

I haven't looked at the executables, but there's a fair level of chances that the client contains everything needed, and a special client is not needed.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 1:37pm:
Oh some pretty serious datacenter debunking performed by noa.

[quote author=5E4F444B464B4C4F462A0 link=1601423840/22#22 date=1601487446]
There's no real difference between consumer grade and datacenter grade drives nowadays when it comes to capacity.

Correct. But there IS a difference where it comes to quality. A 2tb consumer grade drive will not hold up to the same rigors as a 2tb datacenter drive. There are in fact plenty of SANs running off 7200rpm SATA drives of the same capacities you find at home, just not the same build quality, tolerance, or warranties. Plus, your SAN vendor is typically going to have written their own custom firmware for the drive and thus only allow you to use their drives in the system. Part of why I don't recomend buying a gently-used SAN on ebay.

Flav wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 1:37pm:
The most used one are RAID 10 ( or RAID 0+1 ) and RAID 5.

We also now have RAID6(same concept as RAID5 except doubled, 8+2 for 10 drives total with 2 hot spares), RAID 50, and RAID60(same concept as RAID10 wherein you take 2 RAID5 or RAID6 arrays and mirror them for added redundancy). RAID6 has more or less become the standard at the higher-level because of the improved performance(you can stripe a file across 8 drives and read if VERY quickly). In addition you might also have a file system sitting on top of the raid processor that stripes the data even further across multiple raid volumes. So the "file" that physically holds your DDO character's data might actually be on 40 or 50 separate hard drives. I doubt it, because I don't think SSG's SAN is quite that large, but still.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #24 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
op is greatly underestimating the ease of generating logs on literally everything ever, especially when theres only like 2000 players a day on this game. they will separate different types of information into different means of storage with different retention parameters with the most irrelevant info probably being held for a few weeks and then purged automatically, and the most important data compressed and exported to cordovans basement pc network for free indefinitely. random brazilians run private video game servers for games that serve 10,000s of people per day and handle astronomical amounts of high speed data and have no issue retaining ass loads of it for a long time. nothing in ddo is high speed, as seen when the game must process DPS. you will never get a 360 no scope headshot in ddo because no 2 players or server state are ever truly synced. ddo server is just lines of text moving as fast as the hardware lets it, and lines of text are easy to log.

i do not agree with your assessment that they do not have detailed logs of many aspects of the game that span a long period of time (upto and including forever)

beyond that, while i recommend u ignore his textwall- i do agree with flav that it is the same client with elevated permissions to access additional commands

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint