Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banhammer... (Read 17079 times)
Mr
Titan Demolisher

Banhammer...
Oct 5th, 2020 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Anyone get banned with the latest update?
It's ok you don't have to be ashamed.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Banhammer...
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 11:05am
Print Post  
I'm wondering about a couple people on Khyber I know. Haven't seen them in several days.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 11:05am:
I'm wondering about a couple people on Khyber I know. Haven't seen them in several days.

We've got a couple with the log in issue after transferring from HC. Ticket response: "We're working on it."

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
They actually got a response to a ticket?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I have alway got a response it might be weeks later or when it’s been resolved a day previously. But I do get ten. Also, I’m not banned and that is what matter most to me.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
The consensus seems to be that there was a "stealth" ban-wave, with a lot of people getting an "incorrect password" error and told "we're working on it" when they opened a ticket. The idea being to delay the inevitable backlash when long time honest players find out they got banned for receiving a "blessing of grand" without knowing what it was.

SSG: "We changed our name because we keep firing our fans".

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
I just had a scathingly brilliant idea about how to distribute free boxes to the masses.  Too late now I guess, but it would have been awesome.

Mail like 50 boxes to everyone on the "who is on" list.  No need to open trade windows or anything.  Just mail them en masse.  Watch SSG's head explode.  (and watch the ban wave fizzle out when "honest" players react)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
I already know of at least 3 honest players who got hit, and I don't socialize much. They just haven't figured out its a ban yet.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
I got a stone from Grand, and I know 1 other who got a pair of boxes from Grand.  Neither of us have any log in issues. 

The ones to watch are the ones I know who recently "transferred to server X to help out a friend, and are back now".

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Well, account creation has been re-enabled, so I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 6:03am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 8:12pm:
Well, account creation has been re-enabled, so I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Why? This could also mean that they got their act together and have some form of monitoring connected to the account creation.
I know, it is highly unlikely but even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

ddoplayer98
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 9:26am
Print Post  
To my knowledge no one from my store was banned, so if I had to guess it was rank amateurs selling boxes or people who don't know how to cover there tracks duping that got themselves and others caught.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
"Joe discovered that in the 25th century, Justice was not only blind, but also a little retarded, too."

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Several brazilians from khyber got banned.

Small wonder since they were doing shit in the open.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 5:22pm:
The consensus seems to be that there was a "stealth" ban-wave, with a lot of people getting an "incorrect password" error and told "we're working on it" when they opened a ticket. The idea being to delay the inevitable backlash when long time honest players find out they got banned for receiving a "blessing of grand" without knowing what it was.

SSG: "We changed our name because we keep firing our fans".

GimpyPaw wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 7:23pm:
I got a stone from Grand, and I know 1 other who got a pair of boxes from Grand.  Neither of us have any log in issues. 

The ones to watch are the ones I know who recently "transferred to server X to help out a friend, and are back now".

None of the people who I know who got Blessings have been banned, including the Noob Guild that found 30 stones in their guild chest after letting a 1st lev barbarian join.

Notanarc wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 6:16pm:
I just had a scathingly brilliant idea about how to distribute free boxes to the masses.  Too late now I guess, but it would have been awesome.

Mail like 50 boxes to everyone on the "who is on" list.  No need to open trade windows or anything.  Just mail them en masse.  Watch SSG's head explode.  (and watch the ban wave fizzle out when "honest" players react)

That happened already,: "Please accept this, one of the dozens of boxes gifted to the high and low by the Grand Fellows" three weeks ago, fucking funny.

Reyes. wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 12:45pm:
Several brazilians from khyber got banned.

Small wonder since they were doing shit in the open.

Are you saying they trimmed back the Brazilians?

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 1:33pm:
Are you saying they trimmed back the Brazilians?

Good one. yes and yes.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #16 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Those cunts.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #17 - Oct 8th, 2020 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 3:11pm:
Those cunts.

I see what you did there . . .

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #18 - Oct 9th, 2020 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Looks like they have banned even non-exploiters as well.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/518569-DEVS-How-to-cancel-subscription...

Fuckers will never get it. At this rate, only the forum paladins will be left playing and fighting over useless things like "hey devs what will I do after 156 AP" because those fucktards forgot to cap the rxp and some people are sitting with 200+ Reaper points.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Oct 9th, 2020 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
I'm frankly interested in seeing what their sales for Feywild look like after they've banned a shitload of paying customers. Given the way the sploit works, it was mostly people spending money on the game who got hit.

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 9th, 2020 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
You guys, are dum dum

Imagine the police, pull someone over for speeding, and instead of fining them and making a big story about it they say “oh it looks like your licence doesn’t work” and say nothing else.

SSG is dum dum, but they would rather make people fear exploiting rather than just shadow ban. SSG doesn’t run private prisons so they have no incentive to continue giving people the idea they can get away with exploiting.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Oct 9th, 2020 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Oct 9th, 2020 at 10:32pm:
You guys, are dum dum

Imagine the police, pull someone over for speeding, and instead of fining them and making a big story about it they say “oh it looks like your licence doesn’t work” and say nothing else.

SSG is dum dum, but they would rather make people fear exploiting rather than just shadow ban. SSG doesn’t run private prisons so they have no incentive to continue giving people the idea they can get away with exploiting.

I am... not really sure what this post is supposed to say? D'you wanna try again?

You open by calling us "dum dum". Ok, sure, solid opening, this is the vault; you either grow a thick skin or GTFO.

Then go into a pourly-phrased analogy... still on brand...

Now you're calling SSG dum dum, but pointing out that they don't run private prisons? (which is patently untrue, EVERYONE knows this. Its on their god damn website, they make video games and run a private for-profit work camp in Laos. Read the fucking wiki, n00b). You try to say they would rather make people fear exploiting rather than shadow ban, but they ARE shadow-banning; which gives everyone who didn't find out about the shadow banning a very good incentive to keep on exploiting: they got away with it.

So we have:

*Poor sentence structure
*Vague analogy
*An incorrect point disproven by it's own statement.

Yup. That is a Vault post.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Oct 11th, 2020 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 9th, 2020 at 11:32pm:
I am... not really sure what this post is supposed to say? D'you wanna try again?

You open by calling us "dum dum". Ok, sure, solid opening, this is the vault; you either grow a thick skin or GTFO.

Then go into a pourly-phrased analogy... still on brand...

Now you're calling SSG dum dum, but pointing out that they don't run private prisons? (which is patently untrue, EVERYONE knows this. Its on their god damn website, they make video games and run a private for-profit work camp in Laos. Read the fucking wiki, n00b). You try to say they would rather make people fear exploiting rather than shadow ban, but they ARE shadow-banning; which gives everyone who didn't find out about the shadow banning a very good incentive to keep on exploiting: they got away with it.

So we have:

*Poor sentence structure
*Vague analogy
*An incorrect point disproven by it's own statement.

Yup. That is a Vault post.

That’s not technically true. It’s a wholly owned subsidiary that runs the prison.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Oct 11th, 2020 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Oct 11th, 2020 at 1:29pm:
That’s not technically true. It’s a wholly owned subsidiary that runs the prison.

Jerry gets to shower with the prisoners all he likes, I say that counts as SSG running the prison. Semantics.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 11th, 2020 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 11th, 2020 at 6:35pm:
Jerry gets to shower with the prisoners all he likes, I say that counts as SSG running the prison. Semantics.

That’s fair.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint