Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banhammer... (Read 17116 times)
Charon
Ex Member

Re: Banhammer...
Reply #25 - Oct 12th, 2020 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 11th, 2020 at 6:35pm:
Jerry gets to shower with the prisoners all he likes, I say that counts as SSG running the prison. Semantics.

Pretty sure that's considered a crime against Humanity.  Just saying.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #26 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Pretty sure that's considered a crime against Humanity.  Just saying.

Its a private, for-profit prison ran by the people who create huge grinds then make their money selling ways to bypass them. What did you expect?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

makar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
just saw achievement threads from yesterday world first raids - looks like renowned lost some key people? bans?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #28 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
makar wrote on Oct 13th, 2020 at 2:43pm:
just saw achievement threads from yesterday world first raids

"being the first person to play a video game" counts as an achievement, now?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #29 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
I’m guessing work for most of them.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 13th, 2020 at 3:15pm:
"being the first person to play a video game" counts as an achievement, now?

1st place in the Social Distancing Like a Pro Category?

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 9th, 2020 at 11:32pm:
I am... not really sure what this post is supposed to say? D'you wanna try again?

You open by calling us "dum dum". Ok, sure, solid opening, this is the vault; you either grow a thick skin or GTFO.

Then go into a pourly-phrased analogy... still on brand...

Now you're calling SSG dum dum, but pointing out that they don't run private prisons? (which is patently untrue, EVERYONE knows this. Its on their god damn website, they make video games and run a private for-profit work camp in Laos. Read the fucking wiki, n00b). You try to say they would rather make people fear exploiting rather than shadow ban, but they ARE shadow-banning; which gives everyone who didn't find out about the shadow banning a very good incentive to keep on exploiting: they got away with it.

So we have:

*Poor sentence structure
*Vague analogy
*An incorrect point disproven by it's own statement.

Yup. That is a Vault post.

ahh, you mean to say my poorly worded insult means I don't have a thick skin? or what?

Did you want me to call you all stupid cunts instead?

Why would SSG want people to think they could exploit? You've got no proof of shadow banning, no one here has said they were banned for using stones or duping. Some people on the forums can't log in, they're told by the service team they're trying to fix that.

A  work camp isn't a private prison, the analogy was meant to point out that SSG doesn't actually want people exploiting, they don't want to have a huge ban list. They make less money if they ban those of us who spend money on the game. Since we clearly do if we are buying stones of XP.

I guess they could be allowing people to think that they aren't banning anyone so they can watch for people who are leveling up a lot, but that seems stupid as. I also don't think they're doing that due to how many people are still doing 18 levels in the same spot, and not getting banned.

What's this work camp anyway lol

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Oct 13th, 2020 at 10:04pm:

Its a very long story, goes back to the asheron's call/turbine days when the team was getting help from Microsoft. From what I remember the whole thing started as a gambit to get discounted office chairs through some kind of profit sharing venture and, well, one thing led to another.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #33 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
You've got no proof of shadow banning,

Also it bares mentioning that there are a lot of discussions on this forum that someone with only 13 post counts would not be privy to.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
ahh, you mean to say my poorly worded insult means I don't have a thick skin? or what?

Did you want me to call you all stupid cunts instead?

Why would SSG want people to think they could exploit? You've got no proof of shadow banning, no one here has said they were banned for using stones or duping. Some people on the forums can't log in, they're told by the service team they're trying to fix that.

A  work camp isn't a private prison, the analogy was meant to point out that SSG doesn't actually want people exploiting, they don't want to have a huge ban list. They make less money if they ban those of us who spend money on the game. Since we clearly do if we are buying stones of XP.

I guess they could be allowing people to think that they aren't banning anyone so they can watch for people who are leveling up a lot, but that seems stupid as. I also don't think they're doing that due to how many people are still doing 18 levels in the same spot, and not getting banned.

I am impressed with your post and I admire you because of your strong convictions and stirring arguments. This is totally not sarcasm.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #35 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
There have been next to no bannings, it is a Boogey man at best.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #36 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 3:10pm:

Yes, please keep repeating that, Mr. Forum Paladin. I'm sure know everything.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 3:10pm:

Or they're waiting a while for pre-orders before banning.  I mean why cut off that money when you can just wait a bit then ban.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Or they're waiting a while for pre-orders before banning.  I mean why cut off that money when you can just wait a bit then ban.

I personally know of about 70 bannings and that is no doubt a very small fraction given how few friends I have. The bannings took the form of locking out passwords which also kept people off the DDO forums if they were using the same login. This cut way back on the visibility of the bans as a sizeable fraction don't even know they've actually been banned(for reference, at least 20 of those bans were people who had bought 0 boxes and used 0 exploits). The characters have not actually been deleted yet, further deepening the mystery and giving hope that they will be let back into the account eventually.

So yes, its a very stealthy banwave.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Shroud Slacker

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #39 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 5:41pm:
I personally know of about 70 bannings and that is no doubt a very small fraction given how few friends I have. The bannings took the form of locking out passwords which also kept people off the DDO forums if they were using the same login. This cut way back on the visibility of the bans as a sizeable fraction don't even know they've actually been banned(for reference, at least 20 of those bans were people who had bought 0 boxes and used 0 exploits). The characters have not actually been deleted yet, further deepening the mystery and giving hope that they will be let back into the account eventually.

I've seen similar on my server. They have same problem with logging in.

They've either been banned in fact or SSG is going over their accounts with a fine-toothed comb for...reasons.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

makar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Cordo also confirmed the ban wave on the MOBOs:

"Assuming that the impacted accounts were not banned due to recent actions being taken against violations of the code of conduct in game, you should make sure you have a ticket in to customer service here: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new"

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/518462-Unable-to-Log-In#post6369055

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #41 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 4:31pm:
Yes, please keep repeating that, Mr Forum Paladin. I'm sure know everything.

Ah, let me get this straight; because I disagree and won't go along with the manufactured drama of claiming there are ban waves and bullshit hype like "Shadow-Banning!!!" I'm a forum Paladin huh? Get a life, SSG can't stop duping and don't really give a shit, as has been pointed out here ad nauseam, SSG makes money on dupers and exploiters just like regular customers, just different demographics. End of story.

Or am I a Forum Paladin because I wouldn't share the exploit with you right away when you came grovelling for it in a PM? Or is it because I insisted that you provide someone to vouch for your ability to keep any exploit secret?  and you couldn't produce even one PM from another vaultie who is willing to give you a reference on this site? is that why I'm a "Forum Paladin"? 

Or hey, is it maybe because you got so butt-hurt about all three examples that you decided to try and paint me as one to fill the hole in your little heart that posting dozens of clueless comments that are ignored by everyone on this site?   

https://imgur.com/a/7Mbj1OO

https://imgur.com/a/yydGX4t

https://imgur.com/a/OOhLQdx

And in regard to being a Forum Paladin:

https://imgur.com/a/EEeSvxW

Next time you decide to be a big man and pull on a tail you hopped up little fuck, you had best find out what it is attached to first. Because even though I enjoy slapping the shit out of a retarded kid from time to time as much as the next man, your sad and pathetic desperation to be taken seriously or to be seen to matter on the Vault take the fun right out of it for me, and I do it now only as a public service.

That's because for all your distastefully naked desire to be 'one of the guys' you do serve a purpose in the vault; you are a bellwether of the lowest common denominator, a post from you is the Vault equivalent of a thread "jumping the shark", advising readers to move on as the thread has run its course and now will be filled with your near-constant bleating questions and attempts to win the approval of the vault by bitching about mean old Turbine or dramas about banning, rules, etc... you have manufactured or ginned up in a vain effort to be taken seriously.

Now run along.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #42 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 5:41pm:
The characters have not actually been deleted yet, further deepening the mystery and giving hope that they will be let back into the account eventually.

That's also what happened with the earlier ban-wave for this current round of fun. The chars are still there and untouched for, well, months now.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 6:46pm:
Ah, let me get this straight; because I disagree and won't go along with the manufactured drama of claiming there are ban waves and bullshit hype like "Shadow-Banning!!!" I'm a forum Paladin huh? Get a life, SSG can't stop duping and don't really give a shit, as has been pointed out here ad nauseam, SSG makes money on dupers and exploiters just like regular customers, just different demographics. End of story.

Or am I a Forum Paladin because I wouldn't share the exploit with you right away when you came grovelling for it in a PM? Or is it because I insisted that you provide someone to vouch for your ability to keep any exploit secret?  and you couldn't produce even one PM from another vaultie who is willing to give you a reference on this site? is that why I'm a "Forum Paladin"? 

Or hey, is it maybe because you got so butt-hurt about all three examples that you decided to try and paint me as one to fill the hole in your little heart that posting dozens of clueless comments that are ignored by everyone on this site?   

https://imgur.com/a/7Mbj1OO

https://imgur.com/a/yydGX4t

https://imgur.com/a/OOhLQdx

And in regard to being a Forum Paladin:

https://imgur.com/a/EEeSvxW

Next time you decide to be a big man and pull on a tail you hopped up little fuck, you had best find out what it is attached to first. Because even though I enjoy slapping the shit out of a retarded kid from time to time as much as the next man, your sad and pathetic desperation to be taken seriously or to be seen to matter on the Vault take the fun right out of it for me, and I do it now only as a public service.

That's because for all your distastefully naked desire to be 'one of the guys' you do serve a purpose in the vault; you are a bellwether of the lowest common denominator, a post from you is the Vault equivalent of a thread "jumping the shark", advising readers to move on as the thread has run its course and now will be filled with your near-constant bleating questions and attempts to win the approval of the vault by bitching about mean old Turbine or dramas about banning, rules, etc... you have manufactured or ginned up in a vain effort to be taken seriously.

Now run along.   

Somehow,  even with all the places that are legalizing pot, this man still really really really needs a joint.

Thanks for the laugh though.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 7:29pm:
That's also what happened with the earlier ban-wave for this current round of fun. The chars are still there and untouched for, well, months now.

Do they ever disappear?  Didn't think they bothered cleaning the databases of banned accounts,  just removed player access to said account.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #45 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 6:46pm:
Ah, let me get this straight; because I disagree and won't go along with the manufactured drama of claiming there are ban waves and bullshit hype like "Shadow-Banning!!!" I'm a forum Paladin huh?  

It's called 'sarcasm'. I guess you haven't heard of it? It's ok, it's new.

But, seeing as you went ahead and posted all my PMs, I guess I can strike you off the list of "trustworthy" people.

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 2:38pm:
Also it bares mentioning that there are a lot of discussions on this forum that someone with only 13 post counts would not be privy to.

So I actually have to post more on this shit forum to unlock more information? 95% of posts here are just people talking shit to one another as some weird social outlet.

Okay, so why not announce the bans? What would there reason for this be?

Furthering that, why on your “super secret forums” would these banned players want to hide their banned status, what benefit could they get from that?

SSG isn’t just going to bait people into getting banned. I see at least 10 seperate people per day using XP stones to level up.

The only reason I could see would be if SSG was running some kind of investigation, to sue/charge those duping.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #47 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 8:14pm:
So I actually have to post more on this shit forum to unlock more information? 95% of posts here are just people talking shit to one another as some weird social outlet.

^^this guy vaults!

And in answer to your question: 95% of the real fun on the vault happens over PMs, which is why trust and reputation are so important. And having a thick skin. if you, say, blow up and get super offended and share a bunch of PMs just because someone made a sarcastic comment directed at you, you are unlikely to be let in to the club.

Okay, so why not announce the bans? What would there reason for this be?

How long have you been playing DDO? Just announcing shit is not really SSG's "thing". The company is helmed by a cabal of narssisstic egotistical children. Even when they do something right, they do it wrong. When they have something like a new xpac or a black friday sale, they don't advertise it weeks or months in advance and try to drive up hype, they plat retarded little guessing games with their customers and promise "something" but provide zero details.

They fail at marketing, sales, customer relations, and basic human decency. It would be weird if hey DID announce the bans, just because that'd be counter to everything they've ever done.

Furthering that, why on your “super secret forums” would these banned players want to hide their banned status, what benefit could they get from that?

Like i said: 95% of the real conversation happens over PM, and like you said 95% of the posts are just people talking shit to one another. Would YOU like to tell everyone you got banned on the open forum?

SSG isn’t just going to bait people into getting banned. I see at least 10 seperate people per day using XP stones to level up.

No they don't bait people. They're not that well-organized. We believe most of the bans were thanks to reports in-game, but some kind of hackneyed algorithm seems to have caught at least some people. Like I said I can't give details for obvious reasons, but in one case an old, paid, premium account was banned for the egregious crime of have just 20 boxes. Obviously something was up.

The only reason I could see would be if SSG was running some kind of investigation, to sue/charge those duping.

No and no. They can't sue them because the boxes have no value. They can't charge them because that is a dispute they would absolutely loose with the credit card company(and probably recieve some harsh punitive bans for trying.

The secrecy is simple: SSG is a bunch of dumbfucks.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 8:34pm:
The secrecy is simple: SSG is a bunch of dumbfucks.

You know,  if I ever work on an mmo where I have power there's going to be some kind of pit of the damned where banned players are sent.  They can still log in but they can't talk or do anything but see they're in the pit.  At the top of the pit will be a Plaque where you can scroll through the character names of all the residents of the pit.

No secrecy and if you are banned everyone can see it.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #49 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do they ever disappear?  Didn't think they bothered cleaning the databases of banned accounts,  just removed player access to said account.

Don't remember my last banwave honestly, but over 4 months of the chars being on guild/friends but not logged into is odd. I reckon they're just removing account access and calling it good enough.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint