Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banhammer... (Read 17109 times)
Charon
Ex Member

Re: Banhammer...
Reply #50 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:20pm:
Don't remember my last banwave honestly, but over 4 months of the chars being on guild/friends but not logged into is odd. I reckon they're just removing account access and calling it good enough.

That's all they've ever done to my knowledge.  I've seen banned people stay in guild for years and I know they were banned.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #51 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You know,  if I ever work on an mmo where I have power there's going to be some kind of pit of the damned where banned players are sent.  They can still log in but they can't talk or do anything but see they're in the pit.  At the top of the pit will be a Plaque where you can scroll through the character names of all the residents of the pit.

No secrecy and if you are banned everyone can see it.

I would play the shit out of that game.

One improvement: Banned players can talk to each other with no text filters, just not anyone else.

[some shit] wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:20pm:
Don't remember my last banwave honestly, but over 4 months of the chars being on guild/friends but not logged into is odd. I reckon they're just removing account access and calling it good enough.

I've seen some bans have the characters and accounts eradicated with extreme prejudice. Other times they do just cut off account access. Depends what sort of mood SSG is in/how competent the people carrying out the bans are. Its possible that after the switch from Turbine to SSG they completely outsources account management to Daybreak and Daybreak doesn't actually have access to to delete characters.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:27pm:
would play the shit out of that game.

One improvement: Banned players can talk to each other with no text filters, just not anyone else.

Yeah, that actually works.  If I ever do it,  it's probably going to be after reverse 3.3.5 wow client.  That way I can then modify that to use all original maps models story ui etc and then run a modified trinity core.

Who knows if I'll ever do it more than just the vulkan renderer that I can plug models into,  but I'm having fun with building on that at the moment so as long as that continues...

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 8:34pm:
And in answer to your question: 95% of the real fun on the vault happens over PMs, which is why trust and reputation are so important. And having a thick skin. if you, say, blow up and get super offended and share a bunch of PMs just because someone made a sarcastic comment directed at you, you are unlikely to be let in to the club.

Like i said: 95% of the real conversation happens over PM, and like you said 95% of the posts are just people talking shit to one another. Would YOU like to tell everyone you got banned on the open forum?

I understand keeping meta builds and exploits inside the secret club house, but i can't understand why you would keep people getting banned in there.

If I was banned, why would I not post on the open forum? What would I lose? Would the Vault Dwellers think less of me? I'd post then probably make a heap of separate accounts threatening suicide in my LFMs like that one dude

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #54 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yeah, that actually works.  If I ever do it,  it's probably going to be after reverse 3.3.5 wow client.  That way I can then modify that to use all original maps models story ui etc and then run a modified trinity core.

Who knows if I'll ever do it more than just the vulkan renderer that I can plug models into,  but I'm having fun with building on that at the moment so as long as that continues...

Awe shit, you actually succeeded in getting custom models into WoW?! That is so cool!!! I went down that rabbit hole about 10 years ago and eventually gave up. Now I really wish I had better preserved my wow server/client files. About 6 months ago I went back thinking it might be fun to revive the thing and discovered much to my chagrin that I had somehow only saved the server-side, and the client was lost in one of the many great raid failures...

Man, I am just SHIT with data, aren't I?

newalchemist wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 9:48pm:
I understand keeping meta builds and exploits inside the secret club house, but i can't understand why you would keep people getting banned in there.

If I was banned, why would I not post on the open forum? What would I lose? Would the Vault Dwellers think less of me? I'd post then probably make a heap of separate accounts threatening suicide in my LFMs like that one dude

Its not a question of "keeping them safe in the clubhouse"; its just where the conversation is happening. If its happening in the clubhouse you won't see it on it on the general boards because that's simply not where people are talking about it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 14th, 2020 at 10:32pm:
Awe shit, you actually succeeded in getting custom models into WoW?!

Not into WoW.  What I'm playing with currently is that I'm teaching myself Vulkan So I made I extracted the data files and am working on putting textures on the meshes.  I'm having fun, my daydream is if it stays fun to reverse engineer the 3.3.5 client so that I can attach my custom client to a custom server.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #56 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
Not into WoW.  What I'm playing with currently is that I'm teaching myself Vulkan So I made I extracted the data files and am working on putting textures on the meshes.  I'm having fun, my daydream is if it stays fun to reverse engineer the 3.3.5 client so that I can attach my custom client to a custom server. 

That'll be a whole lotta programming. Also I don't really know what "vulkan" is in this context Tongue but addmitedly I really have not played around with this shit in ages. I've gotten back into 3d modelling though, so that's fun. Maybe I need to bust out Unity and get something vaguely set up so I can start dropping models in...

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 8:38am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 15th, 2020 at 1:04am:
That'll be a whole lotta programming. Also I don't really know what "vulkan" is in this context Tongue but addmitedly I really have not played around with this shit in ages. I've gotten back into 3d modelling though, so that's fun. Maybe I need to bust out Unity and get something vaguely set up so I can start dropping models in...

Oh sorry,  for anyone that doesn't know,  Vulkan is a 3D rendering API like OpenGL or DirectX.  However,  it's lower level than OpenGL and cross platform unlike DirectX 12.

Anyways what I've been up to is writting C++ code using Vulkan. 

BTW if you want to play around with things with models,  I'd highly recommend the Godot Engine,  it's MIT license unlike Unity. 

It's 3D rendering is currently not as good as Unity,  but they're working on a new Vulkan backend for the version 4 release.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #58 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh sorry,  for anyone that doesn't know,  Vulkan is a 3D rendering API like OpenGL or DirectX.  However,  it's lower level than OpenGL and cross platform unlike DirectX 12.

Anyways what I've been up to is writting C++ code using Vulkan. 

BTW if you want to play around with things with models,  I'd highly recommend the Godot Engine,  it's MIT license unlike Unity. 

It's 3D rendering is currently not as good as Unity,  but they're working on a new Vulkan backend for the version 4 release.

Oh that's cool! I may take a look at that.

I'm honestly mostly looking for something where I can have an already pre-fabricated engine and just drop assets into it. Haven't really got time to teach myself programming, but there is a special kind of feeling you get when you see a model sitting in the engine finally and you can walk around it shooting at it.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 15th, 2020 at 2:21pm:
Oh that's cool! I may take a look at that.

I'm honestly mostly looking for something where I can have an already pre-fabricated engine and just drop assets into it. Haven't really got time to teach myself programming, but there is a special kind of feeling you get when you see a model sitting in the engine finally and you can walk around it shooting at it.

You should look into Godot then.  It's like Unity in that it's a full Game Engine with a visual editor.  I recommend it to everyone that is looking for either a 2D production Game Engine or a Hobbyist level 3D engine (currently).  The plus side for people that are learning is that the language that you program in in Godot is called GDScript and GDScript is pretty much exactly python.  So it's really good for casual "play".

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #60 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You should look into Godot then.  It's like Unity in that it's a full Game Engine with a visual editor.  I recommend it to everyone that is looking for either a 2D production Game Engine or a Hobbyist level 3D engine (currently).  The plus side for people that are learning is that the language that you program in in Godot is called GDScript and GDScript is pretty much exactly python.  So it's really good for casual "play".

I'm looking at it now, am quite impressed.

I can certainly see the advantage there as python is basically the easiest language ever(or something to that effect). Its definitely better if you're more programmer than artist. My problem is I'm more artist than programmer. For the me advantage of Unity is being able to buy a game thats 95% done and just focus on the aspects I enjoy(asset creation and world design).

Of course the flipside to THAT is I probably should learn python for my work/career and something like Godot is going to make me more likely to learn it than trying to to take a course on my own time Tongue

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
So what's on the secret club forum? As in what advice to not get banned?

Should I use all the stones I can ASAP then delete them? Should I no longer transfer from alternate accounts? Or should I transfer them all from my alternate accounts and hide them in mules?

Or should I just continue purchasing stuff from the DDO Store, showing that I'll still give them money?

Or is there no advice/idea of how to prevent sadness?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #62 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Oct 15th, 2020 at 9:44pm:

Should I use all the stones I can ASAP then delete them? Should I no longer transfer from alternate accounts? Or should I transfer them all from my alternate accounts and hide them in mules?

Or should I just continue purchasing stuff from the DDO Store, showing that I'll still give them money?

The simple answer is: if you didn't get banned during the ban wave, you're probably fine. We don't know what ridiculous bullshit they used but seems to be a combination of poorly written script and in-game reports. I wouldn't bother trying to ship them over to mules, if anything that's more likely to get you caught if they are now watching for trades.

Basically: keep your head down, don't be retarded, and the danger zone is probably over.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
One of the things I do is never level from 1-18 at one trainer.  I'll do like 2 lvls and then go to another trainer.  Always looking to see if anyone is watching me.  I also don't level at busy times.  And I don't talk about to anyone in game, not even in private chats.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #64 - Oct 15th, 2020 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Oct 15th, 2020 at 9:44pm:

Relax, there is no ban wave, there is no "Shadow Banning". There are occasional bans, that is all.

The talk of shadow banning and rolling ban waves are the equivalent of people telling ghost stories at a summer campfire, and the Vault's Fonzie ongoing efforts to pump air into thread he is championing.

Fucking relax, go play the game, SSG doesn't give a fuck.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Okay, with the previous dupe exploits does anyone still have items from that exploit?

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #66 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 7:04am
Print Post  
For fuck's sake, let it fucking go man. People have shit from ten years ago, that has been mentioned fucking dozens of times in the last couple of months alone! Stop asking such stupid fucking questions instead of reading, use the search function and stop asking everyone to hold your fucking hand.

If you cheated, you run the risk of being banned plan and simple, stop fucking filling up pages with this pointless whiny fluff about it, we already have noamineo for that.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #67 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 7:22am
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Oct 16th, 2020 at 1:16am:
Okay, with the previous dupe exploits does anyone still have items from that exploit?

Quit borrowing trouble man. 

Did you exploit or get items from someone who did?  Then yeah there is some risk.  However,  unless you do something stupid,  which makes SSG more likely to find you,  there is nothing you can do about it.

What will be will be.

All you do by stressing about it,  is raise your own blood pressure.  There is no action you can take that will have a positive effect on the situation so just let it go.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #68 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 10:57am
Print Post  
it's not as if some of the old dupe ways were hard... some could be performed unknowingly by anybody at any time.

Now I know  enough to guess at 4 or 5 different ways to dupe.... Byt why bother ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #69 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 16th, 2020 at 10:57am:
it's not as if some of the old dupe ways were hard... some could be performed unknowingly by anybody at any time.

Now I know  enough to guess at 4 or 5 different ways to dupe.... Byt why bother ?

For science. And what a coincidence. My middle name is science.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #70 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
French sockpuppets, how refreshing.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #71 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 16th, 2020 at 10:57am:

This is how I feel too.  To dupe something I'd have to want to play and use said item.  As it is,  I log in now every couple weeks play a quest or two from nostalgia and then log back out.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #72 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Bishop wrote on Oct 16th, 2020 at 2:51pm:
French sockpuppets, how refreshing.

"Hello Pot, my name is Kettle. You're black."

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Oct 16th, 2020 at 7:04am:
For fuck's sake, let it fucking go man. People have shit from ten years ago, that has been mentioned fucking dozens of times in the last couple of months alone! Stop asking such stupid fucking questions instead of reading, use the search function and stop asking everyone to hold your fucking hand.

If you cheated, you run the risk of being banned plan and simple, stop fucking filling up pages with this pointless whiny fluff about it, we already have noamineo for that.

Fuck you’re a cunt, have you read any of the threads on this entire website? There’s normally 20% information at the most and the rest is just the cringe circlejerk of you guys bashing one another.

I’ve seen tons of people with the ottos boxes. Heaps selling them publicly even, then there’s two dudes on reddit saying they had boxes and were banned and another dude here saying that. It’s not a stupid idea to figure out everyone’s tactics on avoiding bans.

I tried searching, site takes way too long to load and each time it’s “sorry no matches were found”

The people claiming they don’t even play anymore are even weirder why would you be here otherwise, you like the company of people on the vault?

IP Logged

Sohk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Oct 15th, 2020 at 11:18pm:
Relax, there is no ban wave, there is no "Shadow Banning". There are occasional bans, that is all.

The talk of shadow banning and rolling ban waves are the equivalent of people telling ghost stories at a summer campfire, and the Vault's Fonzie ongoing efforts to pump air into thread he is championing.

Fucking relax, go play the game, SSG doesn't give a fuck.

SSG banned many people on Oct.1 - they did not tell them - let them reset password, still no luck-put in a ticket and get a response about password, blah blah-never mentioning ban.
Weeks later people finally got an email stating that they were banned.  If this is not shadow banning, then please explain what is.

The delay is likely to make it more difficult to back charge vip and point/expansion pack purchases.

The company is shiete, the game is so underwhelming, and the lag-oof!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint