Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Banhammer... (Read 17184 times)
Charon
Ex Member

Re: Banhammer...
Reply #75 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Sohk wrote on Oct 16th, 2020 at 8:00pm:
SSG banned many people on Oct.1 - they did not tell them - let them reset password, still no luck-put in a ticket and get a response about password, blah blah-never mentioning ban.
Weeks later people finally got an email stating that they were banned.  If this is not shadow banning, then please explain what is.

The delay is likely to make it more difficult to back charge vip and point/expansion pack purchases.

The company is shiete, the game is so underwhelming, and the lag-oof!

Here's the problem the whole concept of Shadow banning is a American Conservative political theory.  The word means nothing to anyone with two brain cells.

Two things can happen.  Either you are banned or you're not.  Talking of shadow bans just means that my every sperm has a higher iq than you.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #76 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Sohk wrote on Oct 16th, 2020 at 8:00pm:
SSG banned many people on Oct.1 - they did not tell them - let them reset password, still no luck-put in a ticket and get a response about password, blah blah-never mentioning ban.
Weeks later people finally got an email stating that they were banned.  If this is not shadow banning, then please explain what is.

The delay is likely to make it more difficult to back charge vip and point/expansion pack purchases.

The company is shiete, the game is so underwhelming, and the lag-oof!

No they did not. What you are spouting is just one of the many little "sky is falling" dramas that lame little attention-seeking dorks just love to post about so they sound like they have a clue. 

Been playing since 2006, have seen plenty of occasions where bans were handed out with gusto, this is not one of them you stupid punk. SSG doesn't do it anymore, they don't have the interest, nor the manpower to do it.

But by all means, you should keep bleating about the ban waves and how mean dirty old turbine is, in hopes that someone here will take you seriously and become your pimp, you stupid little bitch.

Look out! behind you! 

Oh it was the SSGpolice getting ready to clobber you, if you don't believe me just go ask some guys on reddit I'm sure they just saw it too.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #77 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Oct 16th, 2020 at 7:39pm:
Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen fish, if you are too stupid to read and work out a 10 year old YABB platform there is no hope for you. Additionally trying to insert yourself into the bullshit banhammer dog and pony show has failed spectacularly. But considering you are clearly more familiar with things being inserted into you we will give you a retardcard and maybe Rubbins will give you a ride once in a while when he is feeling generous.

BTW don't bother to try and respond with some more breathy panic-filled pleas for relevance like some fat little ingenue who has been gaped at both ends, I'm blocking you with script right after posting this.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #78 - Oct 16th, 2020 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Aaaaaand the brazilian cunts are back, probably they are vips...

IP Logged

AVX
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
makar wrote on Oct 13th, 2020 at 2:43pm:
just saw achievement threads from yesterday world first raids - looks like renowned lost some key people? bans?

Word on the street is a few, including leader.

IP Logged

makar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
AVX wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 1:53pm:
Word on the street is a few, including leader.

Doesn't really surprise me, they were always pretty flagrant with duping and other exploits back when I was on that server. Love them to death but they lacked subtlety at times.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #81 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Here's the problem the whole concept of Shadow banning is a American Conservative political theory.  The word means nothing to anyone with two brain cells.

Two things can happen.  Either you are banned or you're not.  Talking of shadow bans just means that my every sperm has a higher iq than you.

Shadow banning is totally a thing. The term is just being misused in this case,...as it apparently was in this 2018 conspiracy theory thing that I am just hearing about.

Here's an explanation from 2015 Vault:

Cheara wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 6:06pm:
Hi geoffhanna;

I notice in your post that you mention you can't figure out� how reddit works.� Well, I have unfortunate news for you.� That is because you are shadowbanned.� This is a type of banning where you can post and it looks normal to you, but nobody else can see your posts.� I am the moderator of /r/ddo and I see your posts pop up in the modqueue all the time as having been auto-removed.

This is a full site wide ban, not specific to /r/ddo. I did not ban you, and I don't have the authority to un-ban you.� You will have to message a site admin.

As to why you were banned, I can only speculate.� Reddit used to fairly regularly enforce restrictions on self-promotion.� That is to say, if all you ever did was post links to your own site, you would be considered not really contributing to reddit, and would be banned.� The general rule of thumb was 4-5 posts contributing to other people's threads per 1 self-promotion post, with the goal being to create a discussion community, and not just a place for people to advertise their own content.� About a year or two ago reddit relaxed this policy and gave mods a lot more freedom to moderate as they saw fit, depending on their community.� I've never banned somebody who wasn't a bot from /r/ddo, as we're small enough that any content is good content at this point.

So.� I'd highly recommend you try contacting an admin to appear your site ban.� Feel free to tell them that you believe you were banned due to excessive promotion posts on /r/ddo and that the moderator /u/illudiumqxxxvi has indicated you are welcome back.

Alternatively...just make a new account.

Good luck!

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #82 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:06pm:
Shadow banning is totally a thing. The term is just being misused in this case,...as it apparently was in this 2018 conspiracy theory thing that I am just hearing about.

Here's an explanation from 2015 Vault:

So your argument is that on the Vault we can't use "shadow banning" to describe SSG's sneaky way of banning people without them knowing... because another forum uses the term "shadow ban" for a similar type of banning that happens on that forum?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #83 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:40pm:
So your argument is that on the Vault we can't use "shadow banning" to describe SSG's sneaky way of banning people without them knowing... because another forum uses the term "shadow ban" for a similar type of banning that happens on that forum?

If your login doesn't work, you are effectively banned, not shadow banned, regardless of whether they notified you.

You can't be shadow banned from a game. You'd have to think you were logged in and playing but also somehow not making any progress?

You could (potentially) be shadow banned from the game chat though. You talk and other people are talking but not responding directly to you. I played through a raid like that once, I thought the other players were just stupid and/or assholes until I realized that my mic wasn't working.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #84 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
But yeah, they are dicks if they are banning people and not notifying them.

Shadow banning is also a dick move, but subtly different.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #85 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 12:10am
Print Post  
In other words, it take more than just banning you and not notifying you. You have to be banned, not notified, and somehow deceived into thinking that nothing is wrong to be shadow banned.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #86 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 12:53am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:53pm:
If your login doesn't work, you are effectively banned, not shadow banned, regardless of whether they notified you.

The login just giving you a password incorrect error? In a game as shitty as this, your FIRST assumption would be "I've been banned" not "oh no, the login server is fucked up again, wonder what they did to the data center this time?"

5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:53pm:
You can't be shadow banned from a game. You'd have to think you were logged in and playing but also somehow not making any progress?

So you're a redditor, I take it? You seem to object to the notion of us using the term "shadow ban" based entirely on the fact that on reddit it means something different. I mean, I guess you're welcome to hold that opinion? But it seems like telling us we're wrong just because it means something on some other random forum is kind of a dick move.

5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 12:10am:
In other words, it take more than just banning you and not notifying you. You have to be banned, not notified, and somehow deceived into thinking that nothing is wrong to be shadow banned.

So like being being banned, but getting a "password incorrect" error instead of a "you have been banned" notification, in a game with frequent data center/server problems , does not qualify as "being deceived" to you? According to your very narrow reddit-based definition of "shadow banning" it can ONLY POSSIBLY mean that you have access to the game but can't actually play it?

Sorry man, but thats just reddit-centric and kind of fucked up.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #87 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:15am
Print Post  
It's not just reddit. It's a coined and well used phrase meaning what 5FS said across a plethora of fora and social meeja.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #88 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Beautiful, just beautiful. Gotta give it to Grand, he alone can put his own socks against each other and fuck with other people heads like a goddamn wiz!

All hail the master of socks.  Grin

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #89 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 9:55am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 12:53am:
kind of a dick move.

It comes naturally to him; being a dick is his mediocre super power.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #90 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 11:16am
Print Post  
makar wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 2:12pm:
Doesn't really surprise me, they were always pretty flagrant with duping and other exploits back when I was on that server. Love them to death but they lacked subtlety at times.

Jinx is the guild leader and he is most certainly not banned

IP Logged

makar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 11:16am:
Jinx is the guild leader and he is most certainly not banned

I'm surprised he is the guild leader - would have thought bailey, ranit, or sulay would have taken over.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #92 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 4:02am
Print Post  
He took over during the dark times. The other three are back more or less. But real life and time in an ancient game and all.

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #93 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
...So like being being banned, but getting a "password incorrect" error instead of a "you have been banned" notification, in a game with frequent data center/server problems , does not qualify as "being deceived" to you? According to your very narrow reddit-based definition of "shadow banning" it can ONLY POSSIBLY mean that you have access to the game but can't actually play it?

Sorry man, but thats just reddit-centric and kind of fucked up.

From Merriam-Webster: "...In most instances, a banned user is made aware that they’ve been banned from the service.

Shadowban adds to that concept the notion of such an action taking place without knowledge of the person being banned. In that case, the user’s account is still active, but is prevented from appearing in the feeds of other users..."
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/shadowban-words-were-watching

Wikipedia: "...Shadow banning, also called stealth banning, ghost banning or comment ghosting,[1] is the act of blocking or partially blocking a user or their content from an online community so that it will not be readily apparent to the user that they have been banned. For instance, shadow banned comments posted to a blog or media website will not be visible to other persons accessing that site from their computers.

By partly concealing, or making a user's contributions invisible or less prominent to other members of the service, the hope may be that in the absence of reactions to their comments, the problematic or otherwise out-of-favour user will become bored or frustrated and leave the site, and that spammers and trolls will not create new accounts..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_banning

also:

https://www.tailwindapp.com/blog/instagram-shadowban

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/07/9901461/what-is-shadow-banning-tik-tok

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shadowban

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #94 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
ThatLukeGuy wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 7:02pm:
From Merriam-Webster: "...In most instances, a banned user is made aware that they’ve been banned from the service.

Shadowban adds to that concept the notion of such an action taking place without knowledge of the person being banned. In that case, the user’s account is still active, but is prevented from appearing in the feeds of other users..."
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/shadowban-words-were-watching

Wikipedia: "...Shadow banning, also called stealth banning, ghost banning or comment ghosting,[1] is the act of blocking or partially blocking a user or their content from an online community so that it will not be readily apparent to the user that they have been banned. For instance, shadow banned comments posted to a blog or media website will not be visible to other persons accessing that site from their computers.

By partly concealing, or making a user's contributions invisible or less prominent to other members of the service, the hope may be that in the absence of reactions to their comments, the problematic or otherwise out-of-favour user will become bored or frustrated and leave the site, and that spammers and trolls will not create new accounts..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_banning

also:

https://www.tailwindapp.com/blog/instagram-shadowban

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/07/9901461/what-is-shadow-banning-tik-tok

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shadowban

All right all right already, sheesh. The fucking asshats at SSG did not "shadow" ban, fine. Fuckin' a.

Doesn't make whatever the fuck you want to call these bans any less deceptive or assholish.

IP Logged

Sohk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Oct 28th, 2020 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
dragonborn - lol still - IS A FUCKING SUCKPUMP!!!
Read this doucebags posts - ssg sycophant through and through!

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Oct 28th, 2020 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Sohk wrote on Oct 28th, 2020 at 6:56pm:
dragonborn - lol still - IS A FUCKING SUCKPUMP!!!
Read this doucebags posts - ssg sycophant through and through!

Lmao just read through a couple that dudes a damn SSG SPy

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #97 - Oct 28th, 2020 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Oct 28th, 2020 at 8:06pm:
Lmao just read through a couple that dudes a damn SSG SPy

I figured it out a while ago and started ignoring him. That's the Vault. Like 6 actual people and 19,000 socks.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Has this been publically acknowledged by SSG yet? Kinda surprised that i didnt see any threads on the official forums or the subreddit by the people who got banned. Or maybe they were all deleted.

A lot of the top players on my server appears to have gotten banned...the end game scene is going to be a lot emptier from now on...

IP Logged

Baddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Just confirming ... the guild on Cannith that was mostly banned (90% of the members) has still not recieve any emails/notifications.

They just can't log into their accounts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint