Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Feywild Speculation (Read 1152 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Feywild Speculation
Oct 5th, 2020 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/518510-I-NEED-some-hype?p=6366033&view...

"Set Augments"?

"Soulforged Augments"?

Hopefully the Set Augment is like Slavers where you have slot flexibility.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Feywild Speculation
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Is that supposed to be an anthropomorphic unicorn or just one rearing on it's hind legs?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 7:43pm:
Is that supposed to be an anthropomorphic unicorn or just one rearing on it's hind legs?

Yes

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I wonder if the "soulforged augments" are going to let you take a named item and turn it into an augment, retaining some specific attribute of it? That would be interesting.

On a less exciting tone I wonder exactly how awful the new grind wall they are about to throw in our way is? Slavers is neat but remember what it was like when first introduced?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

fuckface mcgee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Soulforged Augments:

Consume 1 character that has the heroic and/or Racial Completionist feat to create an augment that grants a fully stacking +2 bonus to all skills and all stats.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
fuckface mcgee wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 8:03pm:
Soulforged Augments:

Consume 1 character that has the heroic and/or Racial Completionist feat to create an augment that grants a fully stacking +2 bonus to all skills and all stats.

pound-sign "worthit"

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 10:44pm
Print Post  

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 7:31am
Print Post  
I don't even want to know what creating a Halfling Bane augment will require.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

TeamScorpioRI
Korthos Resident

#MonkLife

Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 9:16am
Print Post  
I'd love for "Set Augments" to give the ability to use an augment to create a set bonus. Like, take 3 pieces of a Sharn Set, and combine them to make an "Sharn Set Augment". This augment would go in any colored slot, and replace 1 piece of the set (so you could swap out the armor for something different, but then add the sharn augment to it so it could complete the set).

Sadly I don't think it would be this, as I think that would be a bit too OP. Most likely we will have specific augments that when you equip multiple ones, you get a set bonus. *yawn*

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 10:06am
Print Post  
I wonder if they gave up on updating the house K Abashi set

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 10:06am:
I wonder if they gave up on updating the house K Abashi set

They gave up on that about 5 years ago.

May be even more than that but around 2014-2015 was the last time i read a dev mentioning plans to update that shit. And when they got themselves to do it, only revamped the heroic versions.

fuckface mcgee wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 8:03pm:

Make a new toon, dump 15 boxes on it and get a +2 on your mai. Too easy with the amount of boxes the big fishes have.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
TeamScorpioRI wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 9:16am:
I'd love for "Set Augments" to give the ability to use an augment to create a set bonus. Like, take 3 pieces of a Sharn Set, and combine them to make an "Sharn Set Augment". This augment would go in any colored slot, and replace 1 piece of the set (so you could swap out the armor for something different, but then add the sharn augment to it so it could complete the set).

Sadly I don't think it would be this, as I think that would be a bit too OP. Most likely we will have specific augments that when you equip multiple ones, you get a set bonus. *yawn*

Most likely "set augments will be 1 of 2 things:

1. New augments that come in pairs or thrupples and have set bonuses. Invariably one of them will be orders of magnitude more rare than other, necessitating a mammoth grind.

2. Fewild will introduce a whole new series of named items sets(completely invalidating sharn)(and also with a huge grind wall) and the augments will complete the sets(and also invariably be orders of magnitude more rare than the rest of the set pieces).

IP Logged

TeamScorpioRI
Korthos Resident

#MonkLife

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 11:19am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 5:13pm:
Most likely "set augments will be 1 of 2 things:

1. New augments that come in pairs or thrupples and have set bonuses. Invariably one of them will be orders of magnitude more rare than other, necessitating a mammoth grind.

2. Fewild will introduce a whole new series of named items sets(completely invalidating sharn)(and also with a huge grind wall) and the augments will complete the sets(and also invariably be orders of magnitude more rare than the rest of the set pieces).

I'm going to guess it will be #1. Seems easy enough to implement on their end as they have the mechanic in place with the filigrees.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint