Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Night revels + "screw you" incoming (Read 1318 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Night revels + "screw you" incoming
Oct 6th, 2020 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, we are currently planning to turn Night Revels on very soon, perhaps this Thursday. The event will be the same as last year's, and no new dungeons or items have been added this year. Sorry. But, we also know there are still plenty of people would like to get stuff from previous years, and we'll do our best to update Night Revels in future years.

One other change this year is this: We will not be deprecating last year's ingredients. Normally, when we introduce new items, we want people to start fresh for the year on Night Revels. However, with nothing new this year, it seemed like a good idea to not remove last year's ingredients. So, some of you are ahead a bit (or a lot) while others of you have already ditched your ingredients, to which we say: sorry! Still, for those who didn't, that should be kinda nice. This will allow us to get Night Revels out in time for the festivities of October while still releasing Update 47 in the very near future and our expansion later this year.

So, current plan is to enable Night Revels later this week, but we'll have a formal Announcement thread announcement when the time comes.

tl;dr: this year you get to keep all your ings from last year, but we didn't tell you that last year because fuuuuuuckkk YOUUU!!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Night revels + "screw you" incoming
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
lol, the previous years ingredients worked just fine last year anyway.  Just pulled them from the bag, then drug them over the new stack of un-decaying, and "poof", the became the same product.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I threw all of mine out, not that it was much.  But still, yet another Turdbine special.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 8:31am
Print Post  
They can call themselves SSG, but inside, beats the heart of Turdbine.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 9:54am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 8:31am:
They can call themselves SSG, but inside, beats the heart of Turdbine.

Same Shit Games

IP Logged

TeamScorpioRI
Korthos Resident

#MonkLife

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 11:12am
Print Post  
I missed last year. Is there anything worth running for? To me, only the augments looked interesting.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 11:56am
Print Post  
TeamScorpioRI wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 11:12am:
I missed last year. Is there anything worth running for? To me, only the augments looked interesting.

Augments. Also there are some clickies that are helpful for boss fights. (25% stacking spell crit dmg; 50% unique stacking dodge, etc). They're like 20 second duration once a day, tho.

So... augments primarily.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
TeamScorpioRI wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 11:12am:

As the dude said, augments.
Some niche anto-reaper themed weapons.  The xbow was good pre nerf to inquis, now its just ok for mechanics.

Some cosmetics if you are into that shit.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
I have enough augments. They make 'em way to grindy to get.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Indeed, too grindy for their worth. The vamp slayer only leverage over regular silver ruby is 1d4 damage that even in vulnerable monsters is negligible in regular questing, not even mentioning reaper.

Ghostbane if you dont have other source of ghost touch is ok i guess, but even on a dedicated all around undead beater, how many do a normal player need? 1 per toon at most?

And endless night is trash since they fixed level draining cheese.   Maybe on a swf vampire/EK using nightmare but thats over the top niche.

Only way they get players to farm augments is if they added some of those new ones in the trader list. Otherwise is a newbie thing to do.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 2:48pm:
And endless night is trash since they fixed level draining cheese.

? What are you referring to?

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
I use an endless night aug. All other things being equal (such as bypassing DR), it's probably the best trash dps aug.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 3:09pm:
? What are you referring to?

Totally could be wrong, but I'm guessing there's an internal CD where there didn't used to be and/or you used to be able to benefit from more than one? I dunno.

I get a fair amount of negs going on my thrower. That's all I know.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 3:09pm:
What are you referring to?

Few years back turbine implemented a fix for neg levels on monsters, making them recover  quick, thats the system we have now.

When endless night augment was first introduced that mechanic wasnt there and the average player could neg level a monster to death, if he had enough atack speed.

Btw, there was a way for a slow atack speed player to bug the neg levels and make them last longer on the monster so they could benefit from that (THIS is the cheese i refer to), but thats another story.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 4:45pm:
Few years back turbine implemented a fix for neg levels on monsters, making them recover  quick, thats the system we have now.

When endless night augment was first introduced that mechanic wasnt there and the average player could neg level a monster to death, if he had enough atack speed.

1 lvl recovery every 3 seconds. BUT, they don’t regain the HP lost, supposedly.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Ward

Btw, there was a way for a slow atack speed player to bug the neg levels and make them last longer on the monster so they could benefit from that (THIS is the cheese i refer to), but thats another story.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 5:39pm
Print Post  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 4:45pm:

Ah of course. God forbid we should be allowed to neg mounters to death...

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #17 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Uhhh, the point of neg level on weapons is to instantly reduce the  CURRENT HP of a monster that will not be recovered even when the monsters gains its level back

Quote:
Epic monsters regenerate negative levels at a very fast pace, however, the inflicted HP damage does not heal.

It's the reason why this little bad boy (https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Nightmare,_the_Fallen_Moon) makes short work of anything vulnerable to neg levels in low epic content where it belongs

Anyway, I still got 7 keys from last year and almost no materials. Do you people realize that these fucking SSG monkeys can even fail at failing? Guess I'll just trade those few spectral weapons for my alts and get a couple of festive diamonds. I was hoping for weapons to get a slight upgrade considering the falchion from the cove is way better than the 2 handed axe from mabar

https://ddowiki.com/page/Captain%27s_Cutter
Ghostbane to hit reapers and guaranteed force damage

VS

https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Night_Revels (search the great axe at bottom page)
Ghostbane  to hit reapers and force damage ONLY on crits (and for those of you to sleepy to remember, Gaxes crit on 20 by default without feats or enhancements)

True, the force damage is higher in the great axe version but, unless you can afford to reliably crit with a greataxe, the falchion always comes on top and if you can afford feats and enhancements it means you are fairly high level and there are better options anyway.

My music library is ready, it's the only way I survive the mindless grind of these events  Tongue

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 9:29pm:
Uhhh, the point of neg level on weapons is to instantly reduce the  CURRENT HP of a monster that will not be recovered even when the monsters gains its level back

Well no actually thats not the point, or at least shouldn't be. Neg levels do a whole lot more than just cut into the HP and negging a mosnter to death is really nice.

IP Logged

TeamScorpioRI
Korthos Resident

#MonkLife

Reply #19 - Oct 8th, 2020 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 2:48pm:
Indeed, too grindy for their worth. The vamp slayer only leverage over regular silver ruby is 1d4 damage that even in vulnerable monsters is negligible in regular questing, not even mentioning reaper.

Ghostbane if you dont have other source of ghost touch is ok i guess, but even on a dedicated all around undead beater, how many do a normal player need? 1 per toon at most?

And endless night is trash since they fixed level draining cheese.   Maybe on a swf vampire/EK using nightmare but thats over the top niche.

Only way they get players to farm augments is if they added some of those new ones in the trader list. Otherwise is a newbie thing to do. 

That is what I figured. I do have one of the light damage augments that is slotted on my lvl 10 crafted wraps (Monk player here). It is ok for that little extra boost, and I had a free slot, but not game changing. I might just skip it then, or help guildmates farm if they need anything.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 8th, 2020 at 10:43am
Print Post  
It's still a fantastic way to grab up some quiick XP with a once and done run of all the quests and the "raid"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint