Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U48 P2 - Augments (Read 24184 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: U48 P2 - Augments
Reply #25 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
so they are fucking up yet another system ( the 2nd generation augment system ) for a new fluffy one ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #26 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 25th, 2020 at 6:05pm:
Yes, I spend almost a month at cap only to run raids (with builds I like at least, if not I TR right away). Any system that encourages you to farm spare copies of the same gear to use on the SAME toon, is downright shit. If I get another hammerfist glove I want to use it on my alt barbarian, not as a twinkle because it was the only item with available slot or something. Besides, we already had too much bank space, time to get the set that I use at 29 and the same set that I use at 30

I get it you don't want to admit this system is wrong but don't come up with bullshit reason to justify. There is not a single fucking good reason to keep those augments at level 30 considering what they do as most of the effect are borderline useless anyway. They understood it was moronic to wait level 20 to slot a +6 ability diamond and now they're falling for the same stupid thing because "Ohhhh, it's a new system!".

Get fucked

Actually, you're complaining about garbage. Complain about the system being imbalanced, or not providing enough benefit, but your 29 gearing conversation is a waste of everyone's time, much like your existence.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #27 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 12:13pm:
How long are you sitting at 29 compared to how long you sit at cap?

If you're constantly Epic Reincarnating, then obviously it's a big deal for you. If you're sitting at cap or eating a box to get right to 30 then ML 29 doesn't mean a damn thing.

Correct, as usual. You may have a pie and cake augment, that took you 3 months to farm, now.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #28 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
I have a question for those of you looking if the system is forcing us into the Cannith Crafting scaling does that mean Heavy Fort will be 94% Fortification at ML16 now instead of our current ML8 100% Augments?

is this going to be a nice Fuck you to us all with this bit of joy and love?

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #29 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Synchrono wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 2:35pm:
I have a question for those of you looking if the system is forcing us into the Cannith Crafting scaling does that mean Heavy Fort will be 94% Fortification at ML16 now instead of our current ML8 100% Augments?

is this going to be a nice Fuck you to us all with this bit of joy and love?

Lyn talked about areas where the scaling would be a nerf--they won't do that.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #30 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 1:38pm:
Actually, you're complaining about garbage. Complain about the system being imbalanced, or not providing enough benefit, but your 29 gearing conversation is a waste of everyone's time, much like your existence.

Actually, you're wrong, just like you mother's hole you've been pushed out of.

Not even taking time and levelling into account, you support a system that encourages you to farm multiple pieces because the augment is one level higher? Because at the end of the day it's exactly this.

The simple solution would have been to make the augments lV 29 and that would have been the end of the story but no, LV 30 is a-ok for you. let me say this in extremely simple words that maybe even you can understand

Having to farm the same gear for 1 level in difference is a stupid  idea that is tied to a stupid system that is supported by stupid people.

Every time you open that goddamn mouth it seems like you want to prove that if you got your ass whopped in the political section where you pretty much cried like a little girl, it's a sign of what you are. Reasoning is not for you, just like being alive.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 3:27pm:
Lyn talked about areas where the scaling would be a nerf--they won't do that.

That's good to hear. My first thought when I heard they were redoing augments was "Hello ML 8 70% fort augment!"

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #32 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 6:32pm:

Not even taking time and levelling into account, you support a system that encourages you to farm multiple pieces because the augment is one level higher? Because at the end of the day it's exactly this.

The simple solution would have been to make the augments lV 29 and that would have been the end of the story but no, LV 30 is a-ok for you. let me say this in extremely simple words that maybe even you can understand

Having to farm the same gear for 1 level in difference is a stupid  idea that is tied to a stupid system that is supported by stupid people.

Every time you open that goddamn mouth it seems like you want to prove that if you got your ass whopped in the political section where you pretty much cried like a little girl, it's a sign of what you are. Reasoning is not for you, just like being alive.

You’re an idiot.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #33 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:44pm:
You’re an idiot.

Oh look, the same reaction he had in the political section before bursting into tears. Argue the logic you moronic troglodyte

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 6:32pm:

I don’t see anyone here supporting the system.

I do see people saying that the problem is a small one and will fix itself without any actual grinding in the process of running Sharn on Reaper for RXP. You’re going to get duplicates of that gear anyway. Just use one as a level 29 item instead of feeding it to your sentient weapon.

It’s a tiny problem. Especially since people using those augments that require raid loot to make are generally the people who already finished all of their Epic Past Lives.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #35 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:54pm:

I do see people saying that the problem is a small one and will fix itself without any actual grinding in the process of running Sharn on Reaper for RXP. You’re going to get duplicates of that gear anyway. Just use one as a level 29 item instead of feeding it to your sentient weapon. 

Over 60 runs of the whole sharn saga and only have completed one legendary part of the family and missing one piece from another I'm not in a rush to complete. Considering how many people reported the issue of the gargantuan grind for some gear that just won't drop, forgive me if I disregard your opinion.

My best guess is that those augs won't see much (if any at all) use until we get level cap increase and get more gear. Until then they are what they are, an exercise in futility. Also, assuming you even want to make them on multiple builds, have fun farming not only 1 duplicate but more. As a final note, a system that is only "viable" for people who have completed most past lives is idiotic. This is not reaper mode where you can start at R1 and make your way up. The more you rely on those augs and more grind for gear and bank space you give up.

I get it that you want to minimize now to avoid doing a 180 on your previous position but don't insult other people's intelligence by claiming it's a small issue, it's not. At best, lV 30 augs are a bet for gear we have no idea when will arrive

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #36 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:54pm:

It’s a tiny problem. Especially since people using those augments that require raid loot to make are generally the people who already finished all of their Epic Past Lives.

I'm a full on max completionist across the board; and I think the concept is balls the walls retarded.

Not because having to farm the extra gear set or even raid loot is the problem.

But because with every great idea they have, they have to do something stupid to fuck it up.

It's not hard or even a balance issue for the augments to be level 29. This is just a legacy issue from when they originally intended to up the level cap with Feywild, but like most things SSG does; there is no change between the design document and implementation if people don't lose their shit. 29 is the logical choice; but probably Sev or Steel said it should be level 30 and Lynabel will die on that hill to make her coworkers happy than make a change the entire playerbase would appreciate. And don't sit there and say you'd rather the augments be 30 than 29, because there's no scaling on them and no fucking reason for them to be 30 than the arbitrary number chosen by the devs.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #37 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:53pm:
Oh look, the same reaction he had in the political section before bursting into tears. Argue the logic you moronic troglodyte

Your mother burst into tears laughing when she saw your little dick.

The only person in the Political section who has half a brain in their head is Strake. The rest of you are just idiots, as you're handily proving to everyone here. You are especially moronic; watching you try to act smart using words that you shouldn't use to describe politics you don't understand was amusing. You can count yourself like most girls who see you naked; non-threatening.

Dummy.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #38 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 11:21pm:
Everything you say is stupid. Do you wear a helmet when you're at the keyboard for safety?

As I said, my cute little bitch, either you address the points and make an argument or you shut the fuck up. You can make silly remarks but you only prove that is all you have. No insight worth shit. Guess it's true that when you take it up the ass you're going to like it the second time since you're ok with what SSG is doing and see no problem with it

Oh, your mother likes my helm when we play the quest "storm the bitches" if you know what I mean but don't get too worked up on this, it's a joke, not a dick (this is how you do it)

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #39 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 11:37pm:
As I said, my cute little bitch, either you address the points and make an argument or you shut the fuck up. You can make silly remarks but you only prove that is all you have. No insight worth shit. Guess it's true that when you take it up the ass you're going to like it the second time since you're ok with what SSG is doing and see no problem with it

Oh, your mother likes my helm when we play the quest "storm the bitches" if you know what I mean but don't get too worked up on this, it's a joke, not a dick (this is how you do it)

I already made my point, you blithering idiot. You’re doubling down on the most inane part of the augment update. You have the reading comprehension of my nuts. And when I pulled my hog out of your mom’s throat, she asked me to tell you that your mom jokes suck almost as much as she does.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #40 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 2:54am
Print Post  
You mean this point you cum guzzling buffon?

Quote:

This point that I addressed multiple times that even farming one extra item is moronic, even more so if you want to use the new augments on another build that will require EVEN MORE POINTLESS grinding and storage?

Fuck man, wasn't for the fact that my mom is long dead she could fuck you just to deduct it from taxes as charity work. Is your momma ok though? If it's a sensitive argument I'll stop. Noticed you're quite touchy on the subject

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 6:13am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Oct 27th, 2020 at 12:23am:
I already made my point, you blithering idiot. You’re doubling down on the most inane part of the augment update. You have the reading comprehension of my nuts. And when I pulled my hog out of your mom’s throat, she asked me to tell you that your mom jokes suck almost as much as she does.

I’m sure we all have 3 gear sets, at 10,15 & 29. Seems weird to add another one just 1 level ahead.
What happened to complaining about lack of storage space?

You can surely see it would just be better to make them level 29?

The cringe vault culture of insulting one another in the same basic shitty 10 year old lines is borderline incel, just talk normally wtf is the culture here of people trying to act badass on a DDO forum

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #42 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 9:45pm:
My best guess is that those augs won't see much (if any at all) use

I'll slot them. Average player but never seem to spend more than evening going 29->30 so I can live without L29 gear for a few hours. Better than trying to get another set anyway.

But yes it'd be a lot simpler if they were just L29.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #43 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Oct 27th, 2020 at 6:13am:
I’m sure we all have 3 gear sets, at 10,15 & 29. Seems weird to add another one just 1 level ahead.
What happened to complaining about lack of storage space?

You can surely see it would just be better to make them level 29?

The cringe vault culture of insulting one another in the same basic shitty 10 year old lines is borderline incel, just talk normally wtf is the culture here of people trying to act badass on a DDO forum

Nah, I don't do 1-29 anymore so I really couldn't give two shits about your other sets.

Again, I did not say that there wasn't room for complaint. I just pointed out that our resident asshat is complaining about the least important issue.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #44 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Oct 27th, 2020 at 2:54am:
You mean this point you cum guzzling buffon?

This point that I addressed multiple times that even farming one extra item is moronic, even more so if you want to use the new augments on another build that will require EVEN MORE POINTLESS grinding and storage?

Fuck man, wasn't for the fact that my mom is long dead she could fuck you just to deduct it from taxes as charity work. Is your momma ok though? If it's a sensitive argument I'll stop. Noticed you're quite touchy on the subject

Hey look, you found the point that you were crying about all by yourself, you dopey cunt.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Valerianus
Korthos Resident

I Whole Lotta Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Oct 29th, 2020 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
sorry folks for my previous insulting shitpost, honestly, i did draw that crap out of my drunken ass. totally uncalled for. saying sorry changes nothing and no one gives the slightest fuck as it should be but whatever, i wanted to say it, and i do what i want and you can go fuck yourself. but cordially.

asking the following here cause i don't think i'd get meaningful answers from the mobo, i'll try but i won't hold my breath. here at least i can get a fuck you or some insight from people that have some, and i have none.

it is fair that is not really important what's your gear 1-29, and that there are workarounds for 29gear\30augm. but seriously, why there should be the need for workarounds? it is also fair that this is a minor detail. actually, imho it is a fucking infuriating retarded nonsense on principle to have 29gear\30aug, but a minor detail in practice. anyway, the question remains: why lvl30 augs? i guess we can more or less agree that it does not make much sense. it is not consistent with actual gear. there's no lvl 30 gear. do they want us to buy\burn the duped jeweller kits? farm more replacements thus maybe rerolling? a lot of players will ignore them, except the ones that planned the gear of capped chars around them. or is it just a leftover from the cancelled level cap increase? were they reworked but planned to fit the new 30+ gear maybe? they wanted to increase the level cap so they had plans for gear. is their place meant to be the 30+gearset and not the 29 one? do they think that players engage in endgame activity only at cap? it's also entirely possible that there's no answer and it is not consistent just because. what do you think they think? that's what i'm curious about. i think the just because explanation.

i'm not raiding much as of late. is some loot\roll drama already a thing? looting\rolling for just anything, cause "just in case they'll add something not included in the preview aug list"? just interested about ppl reactions here.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Oct 30th, 2020 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Valerianus wrote on Oct 29th, 2020 at 3:56pm:
sorry folks for my previous insulting shitpost, honestly, i did draw that crap out of my drunken ass. totally uncalled for. saying sorry changes nothing and no one gives the slightest fuck as it should be but whatever, i wanted to say it, and i do what i want and you can go fuck yourself. but cordially.

asking the following here cause i don't think i'd get meaningful answers from the mobo, i'll try but i won't hold my breath. here at least i can get a fuck you or some insight from people that have some, and i have none.

it is fair that is not really important what's your gear 1-29, and that there are workarounds for 29gear\30augm. but seriously, why there should be the need for workarounds? it is also fair that this is a minor detail. actually, imho it is a fucking infuriating retarded nonsense on principle to have 29gear\30aug, but a minor detail in practice. anyway, the question remains: why lvl30 augs? i guess we can more or less agree that it does not make much sense. it is not consistent with actual gear. there's no lvl 30 gear. do they want us to buy\burn the duped jeweller kits? farm more replacements thus maybe rerolling? a lot of players will ignore them, except the ones that planned the gear of capped chars around them. or is it just a leftover from the cancelled level cap increase? were they reworked but planned to fit the new 30+ gear maybe? they wanted to increase the level cap so they had plans for gear. is their place meant to be the 30+gearset and not the 29 one? do they think that players engage in endgame activity only at cap? it's also entirely possible that there's no answer and it is not consistent just because. what do you think they think? that's what i'm curious about. i think the just because explanation.

i'm not raiding much as of late. is some loot\roll drama already a thing? looting\rolling for just anything, cause "just in case they'll add something not included in the preview aug list"? just interested about ppl reactions here.

It is dumb that the augments are ML 30. I don't think it's a big deal because you don't have to get duplicate gear of ALL of your loot. Just one or two pieces and have those pieces be where you stick these augments.  But it's still dumb of SSG to have set them up that way.

But it's SSG. If this is the dumbest thing in Feywild, then we're truly blessed.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #47 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
How does this work?  I slot 3 of the same augment and it becomes the new set?  What if I have 2 slots open on those 3 items?  Can I get 2 sets, ie 6 slotted augments, at the same time?  Say cunning impact and perfect silence at the same time, using the same 3 items since they have 2 open slots each?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #48 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
/necro

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #49 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 7:36pm:
/necro

Son of Cordo, everybody!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged