Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U48 P2 - Augments (Read 24181 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: U48 P2 - Augments
Reply #50 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 7:25pm:
How does this work?  I slot 3 of the same augment and it becomes the new set?  What if I have 2 slots open on those 3 items?  Can I get 2 sets, ie 6 slotted augments, at the same time?  Say cunning impact and perfect silence at the same time, using the same 3 items since they have 2 open slots each?

To actually answer your original question: you can't get the same set bonus twice(because its the same bonus type)  and if you slot an augment in an item that has a set bonus, it overrides that set bonus.

So for example if you wanted to have Part of the Family and Walwatch you would need to wear all 3 pieces for 1 set and then slot 3 augs in different pieces of equipment to get the bonus from the other set. But there is a catch: its not the whole set bonus. I dont know why its taking for fucking ever to get this shut on the DDO wiki, but for example the legendary Hruit's influence only gives the +4 Artifact bonus to Wisdom.

And learn to make a new thread when you want to ask questions.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #51 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 12:04am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 9:54pm:
To actually answer your original question: you can't get the same set bonus twice(because its the same bonus type)  and if you slot an augment in an item that has a set bonus, it overrides that set bonus.

So for example if you wanted to have Part of the Family and Walwatch you would need to wear all 3 pieces for 1 set and then slot 3 augs in different pieces of equipment to get the bonus from the other set. But there is a catch: its not the whole set bonus. I dont know why its taking for fucking ever to get this shut on the DDO wiki, but for example the legendary Hruit's influence only gives the +4 Artifact bonus to Wisdom.

And learn to make a new thread when you want to ask questions.

i dont know if your reply is actually accurate but this is a fantastic post about which i can say nothing negative except that u should have called him a gay retard somewhere in there. its great to see how much youve grown and matured i am proud of you noam. good work

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #52 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 7:25pm:
How does this work?  I slot 3 of the same augment and it becomes the new set?  What if I have 2 slots open on those 3 items?  Can I get 2 sets, ie 6 slotted augments, at the same time?  Say cunning impact and perfect silence at the same time, using the same 3 items since they have 2 open slots each?

Nah fam.

What are there, 11 total slots? (head, neck, eyes, armor, cloak, wrists, gloves, ring ring, belt, boot, trinket).. Ok 12 slots.

For each SLOT, you can only have ONE "set bonus" active.

Let's say you were wearing part of the family dps set. That's gloves, armor, and necklace. IF you were to throw a set bonus augment on your gloves, it would overwrite part of the family, and you wouldn't have that set anymore. Don't do that.

So, below might be a set-up for a DPS toon:

Head: Summer Set
Neck: Part of Family
Eyes: +4 Con Augment
Armor: Part of the family
Cloak: Winter Set
Wrists: Winter Set
Glove: Part of the Family
Ring: Winter Set
Ring: +4 Con Augment
Belt: Summer Set
Boot: Winter Set
Trinket: +4 Con Augment

This isn't meant to be optimal. THis is just an example of how you could have
-Part of the Family
-Two-Piece Summer
-Four-Piece Winter
-+4 Artifact Con

All at the same time.

If you, for example, used your helm slot to put one of your CON augments in, you would no longer get the 2-piece Summer set bonus.

You should be able to extrapolate from this example.

NOTE: The SINGLE augments (like +2 profane stats) do not interrupt the set bonus thing.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #53 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 2:34pm:
You should be able to extrapolate from this example.

What if I put two augments in the same item slot?  How does the game know which to set is dominant?  I was thinking of using items with multiple augment slots, slotting two different 3 augment sets for easy swapping.  Meaning, having helmet and gloves have two sets, and swap the cloak for example to switch back and forth between the two sets?

So if I can't have 2 sets active using the same 3 items, how does the game decide which set is dominant?

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 7:31pm:
What if I put two augments in the same item slot?  How does the game know which to set is dominant?  I was thinking of using items with multiple augment slots, slotting two different 3 augment sets for easy swapping.  Meaning, having helmet and gloves have two sets, and swap the cloak for example to switch back and forth between the two sets?

So if I can't have 2 sets active using the same 3 items, how does the game decide which set is dominant?

3 Guesses.  If one is a real set and one is an augment, use the real set.
Alphabetically ranked augment gets priority if both are augments.  If two augments,  the one in the first augment slot gets priority.

Those are just basic guesses based on how I might code the same kind of idea.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #55 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 10:07pm
Print Post  

My understanding is all 3 augments have to be in a different item and all 3 items need to not have a set bonus(unless you don't want that set bonus).

I don't know why none of this info is on the wiki yet. Whoever runs that thing is really dropping the fucking ball.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #56 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Here we go found some if it:

Quote:
These level 30 augments can be slotted in any augment color slot. They can be crafted in the Hut from Beyond (lower north harbor) in the Cauldron of Cadence. The Augment Set bonus takes priority over Item Item Set bonus, when slotted into a Set Item. In other words: "Slotting a Set Augment in any Augment Slot of a Set Item will override its existing Set Bonus to Augment Set Bonus."

Set bonuses from augment sets, will not override filigree set bonuses. Augment sets must be slotted in 3 separate items.

That's literally all there is. Thats how "meh" this fucking mechanic is.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #57 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 2:56pm
Print Post  

Dunno which will count. Experiment and let us know.  Smiley

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #58 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 10:07pm:
My understanding is all 3 augments have to be in a different item and all 3 items need to not have a set bonus(unless you don't want that set bonus).

I don't know why none of this info is on the wiki yet. Whoever runs that thing is really dropping the fucking ball.

You do know that wikis are added to by a whole community of people and not just the wiki owner, right?

How about learning to edit the wiki and make the changes yourself?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 3:30pm:
You do know that wikis are added to by a whole community of people and not just the wiki owner, right?

Honestly, I've been thinking of doing some work with that lately.  Seems like have the pages don't exist or are flagged for needing and update when I view them.  The other people there cool or are they forum paladin dickheads that run it?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #60 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Honestly, I've been thinking of doing some work with that lately.  Seems like have the pages don't exist or are flagged for needing and update when I view them.  The other people there cool or are they forum paladin dickheads that run it?

Shoemaker can be a dick but everyone else is pretty cool and helpful.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #61 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 3:30pm:

Tried that. For some reason the wiki clique can role back any edits I make within 12 hours, but they can't seem to add basic information on soul-forged augments. Go fuckin' figure.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Feb 27th, 2021 at 8:01am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 11:42pm:
Tried that. For some reason the wiki clique can role back any edits I make within 12 hours, but they can't seem to add basic information on soul-forged augments. Go fuckin' figure.

Are you making useful additions or are you shitposting?

It’s a lot easier to click “undo” than it is to make real content.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #63 - Feb 27th, 2021 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Feb 27th, 2021 at 8:01am:

It’s a lot easier to click “undo” than it is to make real content.

You can just imagine Nomoreo's little head exploding if that was a Vault option lol

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #64 - Feb 27th, 2021 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Feb 27th, 2021 at 8:01am:

I was literally just fixing spelling mistakes. The kind of low-level shit-work you'd think they'd be grateful for. It did not take a huge number of rollbacks before I said "fuck it" though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint