Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feywild - what's the verdict? (Read 15929 times)
Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Feywild - what's the verdict?
Nov 11th, 2020 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Before I part with my money I' like some feedback from you dear vaulties. Even a lot of the people on the mobo is not happy with postponing the raid, the packages, the bugs and other shit.

Right now I am thinking to buy the smallest and upgrade if it is fun since a downgrade is not possible. But maybe, maybe I even wait for a point sale if this is worse than I am thinking right now.

So go ahead. Yay or nay?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Nuic
DQ Assaulter

OMEGALUL

Re: Feywild - what's the verdict?
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 9:44am
Print Post  
I wouldn't buy it. The only valuable items you'll get out of it are shifter (for racial comp), access to soulforged and set augments, and the tome of destiny (if you hard buy-in)

IP Logged

Deltabravo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 10:06am
Print Post  
My 2 cents about Geywild. 

Finally augements gets some much needed attention.  Right now though its mustly just a fix, sure there are som new Augements to be had, but its not a must, it will free up a slot or maybe after some grinding be a smaller upgrade on your toon.

Items are wierd. The new way set bonus works are good, since you dont need all of the items to get some benefit. However they do lack a red tread, they are really messed up, some items are good for caster but placed in a tank set, and stuff like that, also not many items have stat bonuses on em. wich makes it a bugger to fit some of the better items in. There are some of the items wich are very nice.
The heroic items are decent and fast to farm so if you are looking for som nice low lvl stuff this is actully one of the best things they done..

The shifter race is by far the worst race, iam gonna box those lives.

the +1destiney tome is okey, but if it is worth to upgrade the pack to ultimate is up to you. ( rest in the pack is mostly just cosmetics,) the TP item is not worth that much since its a very short run.

Quest are okeyies. some are very fast and okey XP. Nothing spectacular.

Overall the feywild pack looks really really rushed. And it is imo, the worst of the expansion packs they have made, mostly becourse there is really nothing really new. It feels to me alot more like a big patch they want to score a good chunk og Dough for. 
The augements fix is the only thing that is very nice.. But even that is just a bad revamp of what allready is ingame.

Chees DB

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:36am
Print Post  
I'm liking the quests.  They have more nuance to them than a lot of the Sharn quests.   Feel more like RL chains 1 and 2, but not quite that good.   The adventure area and the artwork is solid.   It's fun to play so far.

It gives you 13 more quests to farm RXP from each life, too.  So there's that.  That prbobably adds between170-190k in first time RXP bonuses, if that is your thing. 

The loot is solid, but not amazing.  I'd not buy just for the loot, but I'm still working out the gear tetris.  The new augments have thrown things for a loop.   It's an interesting wrinkle. 

I definitely want some of the new named and soul forge augments, so those make it worthwhile as well.

Pick the pack that works best for you.   Or wait for the stuff to be available with points and get it then.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:36am:
Feel more like RL chains 1 and 2, but not quite that good.

Feels more like RL chain 3, especially Laghill and Blizzard of Whines. Thrall of Fungus Lord also gets an honorable mention.

Seriously, fuck all plant based quests...

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 11:36am:
I'm liking the quests.  They have more nuance to them than a lot of the Sharn quests.   Feel more like RL chains 1 and 2, but not quite that good.   The adventure area and the artwork is solid.   It's fun to play so far.

It gives you 13 more quests to farm RXP from each life, too.  So there's that.  That prbobably adds between170-190k in first time RXP bonuses, if that is your thing. 

The loot is solid, but not amazing.  I'd not buy just for the loot, but I'm still working out the gear tetris.  The new augments have thrown things for a loop.   It's an interesting wrinkle. 

I definitely want some of the new named and soul forge augments, so those make it worthwhile as well.

Pick the pack that works best for you.   Or wait for the stuff to be available with points and get it then.

I would agree with all of this.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
I will say, I think it's really dumb the raid wasn't ready. But, I'm willing to grant 2020/Covid grace.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
A few questions:

*Is the chain divided into gaited portions like RL?sharn? (EG: must complete quests 1-3 before acquiring 4?)

&

*Does the chain contain any seriously butt-nutter quests? (I'm thinking of YOU "Just Buisness" and "Best Laid Plans")

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 1:40pm:
A few questions:

*Is the chain divided into gaited portions like RL?sharn? (EG: must complete quests 1-3 before acquiring 4?)

&

*Does the chain contain any seriously butt-nutter quests? (I'm thinking of YOU "Just Buisness" and "Best Laid Plans")

1 - You can play all quests the order you want. ALL of them.

2 - It depends on your definiton of butt-nutter but no, no quests like "Just Buisness" and "Best Laid Plans" except for Witch Hunt maybe.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 3:32pm:
1 - You can play all quests the order you want. ALL of them.

That's a huge improvement. I actually like Sharn Chain 2 a lot but hardly ever get to play it because I don't care to subject myself to a few bits of chain1. Ditto for RL.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 3:32pm:
2 - It depends on your definiton of butt-nutter but no, no quests like "Just Buisness" and "Best Laid Plans" except for Witch Hunt maybe.

The quest with the underwater endfight can go kelpie itself.

Blind running that BS on R10 was ridiculous.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #11 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
OK, it seems most of the quests are relatively short. How about xp/min, some new dailies maybe?
And the raid got delayed into new years.
And it seems I don't need the teleporter since I just need to teleport to harbor and drop down to the hut.
I am not interested in cosmetics and quite frankly the feywild cosmetics look hideous.

Ergo: more nay than yay.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

i2049
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Overall quests are good, gear is wank. Currently bugs galore. Only 1 raid, which may not be out for months.

Thematially and aesthetically I like the expansion; I just wish they'd have listened to people about the gear.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
I have enough characters that the tome would be worth it though, so probably have to do that.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #14 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Buy the standard version just for reaper xp, soulforged augments, feytwisted loot (some of them is great). The final quest in the chain is a Bard's wet dream (spoiler!)
Also if you are on TR cycle, the level 5 loot from here is okay-ish.

TLDR: Yay for standard edition, Nay for over-priced unicorn crap.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #15 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Deltabravo wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 10:06am:
The shifter race is by far the worst race, iam gonna box those lives.

Unless you mean aesthetically? It's far from the worse racial tree in the game, and you're likely mildly retarded.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 9:00pm:
Unless you mean aesthetically? It's far from the worse racial tree in the game,

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me it looks like the tree is useless if you aren't playing some sort of rage-using built? Or at the very least a mellee?

Nearly everything says "while raging" or "requires shifting"?

If you're playing a barb sure it looks awesome.

and you're likely mildly retarded.

This is true for most vaulties.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #17 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 5:47am
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 4:40pm:
OK, it seems most of the quests are relatively short. How about xp/min, some new dailies maybe?

Thornwright (or whatever is called is uber short and it's an excellent prime candidate for first completion on R10. If you can dish out enough dps/cc, you can finish it in under 4 minutes, loot and get out.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Apparently you can't upgrade this expansion later. You just have to shell out full cost if you want the ultimate  fan shinies after buying the base expansion.

That's different from the other ones, I think?

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #19 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 8:23am
Print Post  
So I still haven’t played all the quests. I think I’ve done 9 or 10 of the 13.

There are some new mechanics that are pretty cool!

-having to type out a riddle answer as a /say instead of choosing from a list. Cool!
-playing a violin to break walls to find your way through. Cool!
-some mobs that punish ranged? Cool! (Even though I played ranged..)
-Hidden sky steps (sorta like Abbot) to get to optional. Kinda cool
-Groups of Satyrs that dance you? Kinda neato
-Quite a few quests or parts of quests where skills matter (spot, bluff, intim, umd, heal, etc)

I think I’ll double down with Ash. This is like RL just not as good. That’s still pretty good! I still don’t like the gear much.. but that’s as a ranged build. I don’t see much for me. Most other builds have some at least interesting options. Maybe I will too given augments. We’ll see.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

the_biggest_dog
Waterworks Kobold

fuck

Reply #20 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 9:33am
Print Post  
meat and ash hit the nail on the head, quests are fun to run, cool mechanics and new enemies, punishes ranged kiting meta with small corridors and displacer beasts. Loot is lackluster at the moment but there are going to be some really nice upgrades once people have worked out all the tetris. Feytwisted is a cool loot mechanic, interested to see what else they do with it.

9/10 from me at the moment, will have to wait and see the raid for a final rating (benchmark RL 10/10 sharn 7/10)

Rubbinns wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 7:26pm:
pretty dope shit. congratz. i take it back.

al ca mist

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #21 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Unless you mean aesthetically? It's far from the worse racial tree in the game, and you're likely mildly retarded.

The iconic and the 'tank' subrace are collectively the worst two racial trees in the game.

Just because the caster tree makes a few wis based DC builds useful does not excuse the other 2/3rds of the product as a whole.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #22 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 8:23am:
I think I’ll double down with Ash. This is like RL just not as good. That’s still pretty good! I still don’t like the gear much.. but that’s as a ranged build. I don’t see much for me. Most other builds have some at least interesting options. Maybe I will too given augments. We’ll see.

I'd agree with you and Ash had they not fucking rushed this so hard.

The rush job makes this the sloppiest code dump in the game. The numerous bugs and issues in the quests I could somewhat ignore; but when 4 out of 13 quests can be bugged from completion by simple shit then there's a problem.

When you drop a race that intentionally but not explicitly prevents a class from using the core racial mechanics; there's a problem.

When you drop an iconic designed to open a COMBAT STYLE up for multiple classes; but instead limit the tree design so that only two classes can effectively play it, there's a problem.

When your new race has so many bugs that it can almost be unplayable, you've got a problem.

When you create an interesting on paper mechanic for making older raid loot valuable again but conveniently ignore how that mechanic will promote greed; well, you're just retarded.

Had they taken the time to listen to feedback more and just used their own legal wording of being able to delay the expansion's release until December; then they might have made this work a whole lot better. But the rush job to meet the original deadline for no fucking reason shot them in the foot.

I'll agree with you two that this is better than Sharn and almost in the direction of Ravenloft; but I'll also say this shitshow is reminiscent of Shadowfail in its own right.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #23 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:08am:

The rush job makes this the sloppiest code dump in the game. The numerous bugs and issues in the quests I could somewhat ignore; but when 4 out of 13 quests can be bugged from completion by simple shit then there's a problem.

When you drop a race that intentionally but not explicitly prevents a class from using the core racial mechanics; there's a problem.

When you drop an iconic designed to open a COMBAT STYLE up for multiple classes; but instead limit the tree design so that only two classes can effectively play it, there's a problem.

When your new race has so many bugs that it can almost be unplayable, you've got a problem.

When you create an interesting on paper mechanic for making older raid loot valuable again but conveniently ignore how that mechanic will promote greed; well, you're just retarded.

Had they taken the time to listen to feedback more and just used their own legal wording of being able to delay the expansion's release until December; then they might have made this work a whole lot better. But the rush job to meet the original deadline for no fucking reason shot them in the foot.

I'll agree with you two that this is better than Sharn and almost in the direction of Ravenloft; but I'll also say this shitshow is reminiscent of Shadowfail in its own right.

Some legit points here.

What can I say? I'm a glass half-full guy anyway.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #24 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:08am:

I've not had any quests bug yet.  But I can see why several might be more tricky than a typical hack and slash quest.  Is the bugging out that widespread?

With the race, stuff, I'm fine with some races and classes being incompatible.   There are other games that do way more of this than DDO in terms of limiting race and class combos.  For RP/Lore reasons, they could probably do more of that in DDO.   I'm not overly vexed by what little there is.

The iconics should be geared for the class that they are the iconic for.   I'd actually argue that most of the iconics don't have enough differences that focus them on their primary class. 

I think that it is natural that having multiple uses for a single item will mean that people will want more quantity of that item.   Your loot is your loot.   It's not greedy to loot what you get in the chest.  Loot drama is very 2008.   That said, does needing 3 of the same item make sense?  Not really.   I think the cost of the soul forged is exorbitant.  Not because of greed issues but because it is too grindy.   I'd have preferred other options and lower grinds.

I agree that there was no rush to bring it out on the November 4th date (or close).  U47's raids and features were enough to keep people busy for another 2-3 weeks,easy.

It's definitely below RL and similar to MoTU for me.   With Sharn a little below MoTU and Shadowfell way way far below MoTU. 

Depending on the Raid.  A good Raid will bump it above MoTU for sure.  CiTW is a train wreck of a raid, imo.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint