Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feywild - what's the verdict? (Read 15945 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Feywild - what's the verdict?
Reply #25 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
What does feytwisted do?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #26 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 3:26pm:
I've not had any quests bug yet.  But I can see why several might be more tricky than a typical hack and slash quest.  Is the bugging out that widespread?

With the race, stuff, I'm fine with some races and classes being incompatible.   There are other games that do way more of this than DDO in terms of limiting race and class combos.  For RP/Lore reasons, they could probably do more of that in DDO.   I'm not overly vexed by what little there is.

The iconics should be geared for the class that they are the iconic for.   I'd actually argue that most of the iconics don't have enough differences that focus them on their primary class. 

I think that it is natural that having multiple uses for a single item will mean that people will want more quantity of that item.   Your loot is your loot.   It's not greedy to loot what you get in the chest.  Loot drama is very 2008.   That said, does needing 3 of the same item make sense?  Not really.   I think the cost of the soul forged is exorbitant.  Not because of greed issues but because it is too grindy.   I'd have preferred other options and lower grinds.

I agree that there was no rush to bring it out on the November 4th date (or close).  U47's raids and features were enough to keep people busy for another 2-3 weeks,easy.

It's definitely below RL and similar to MoTU for me.   With Sharn a little below MoTU and Shadowfell way way far below MoTU. 

Depending on the Raid.  A good Raid will bump it above MoTU for sure.  CiTW is a train wreck of a raid, imo.

Mobo is full of folks whinning and reporting the various quest bugs. Some of them are clearly the result of non-traditional zerg design, but some are legit just borked because the devs either didn't expect interactions to occur (such as having the bleed effect from a redcap bugging out the apple tree in Xavier's Tower.)

As far as race-class lockouts; I'm fine with that. But let's be real honest here; they even admitted they stayed silent about the monk issues because they wanted to see balance related feedback for making any decision on whether monk STANCES should be enabled while shifter raging.

It's not a lore issue; shifting doesn't prevent a shifter from taking any sort of action in any edition of Eberron's books. The issue is from a shitty design flaw in the DDO implementation. And it has a slew of issues; as 2/3rds of the shifter race as a whole are practically useless because "hurr durr no casting while raged". If you want to make the Wildhunt shifter appealing for casters keep them as is; make the Beasthide (tank) and Razorclaw (handwraps) be able to cast with the cooldown penalty similar to animal druids.

There maybe 1-2 pure fighter tanks in the game; but almost everyone's a mutt now a days if they're tanking and they'll cast spells. Or they'll be using US and again casting renewal.

The Razorclaw is an issue due to Steelstar stating the design is to open handwraps up for non-monk classes. The synergy with barbarian isn't really a synergy. It's just made so it doesn't fuck up like Warchanter's Rage which doesn't get any benefits from Barbarian or you guessed it being a Shifter. Right now Razorclaw is stuck being either a fighter or a barbarian assuming you're actually going with handwraps. If they could cast while shifting then they're class potential opens up more; but they still need handwraps as a favored weapon for divines.

But I think the race/lore locking thing is fine when it works; take Aasimar and Warlocks for instance. It made sense that their bond counts as a 'pact' even if that was done for a strictly balance reason and not a lore one. But now we have the Celestial Pact as an option; so I feel like this should be revised to allow Aasimar to either use their bond while Celestial Pact is toggled or allow them to use their various racial abilities while Celestial Pact is active.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #27 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 4:15pm:
What does feytwisted do?

It changes the items in unique ways. Some of the items are flavorful; some of them are good.

And some like the god damn clearly barbarian-melee themed Bracers are perfect for builds but fucked over by being the same season as the item it is a 'twisted' version of. No Lynabel, I don't give two fucking shits about 10% missile deflection on my barbarian, I'd rather have my gear count as another piece of Summer since I'm a melee.

Annoyances aside. Some of them are definitely neat but niche, just like most of the feywild loot in general.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #28 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
What does feytwisted do?

Quote:
Granted, we don't have the full scope yet. However the best guess seems to be:

- There is a small chance for (at least optional) chests in the Feywild expansion to become Feytwisted. (it'll have a unique shadowy look and its name will be Feytwisted Chest)
- It replaces the chest that would've normally spawned.
- I've seen a report of them appearing in the adventure area as well, but unconfirmed.
- When opened, no chance for a reroll, but every party member will receive an item. (presumably, it'll give you one of the twisted versions of an item that normally drops in the quest/area)
- They're bound to account and can be passed in the chest.
- They are functionally different items with some or all different effects but appear to be the flip side of that effect. Example, profane spell focus > sacred spell focus. Lore wise, they're twisted versions of other items.
- They have a unique border.
- The effects on the items appear to be consistent. With exception to...
- The feytwisted armors appear to be working slightly differently though. As they are not twists of a specific item, but rather a category. They have the same effects, but in the case of the Autumn one, it was a medium armor with caster stuff instead of Cloth or Light.
- Sphere of Souls, the feytwisted docent, appears to be even more unique. It's been seen to drop outside of feytwisted chests, doesn't have a unique border, and doesn't really seem to offer anything unique (cosmetic's untested) other than having an additional augment slot. However, there does seem to be multiple flavors, one for each season set bonus.
- Unclear if every feywild item has a twisted version, but seems that there are a lot of them.

Odds are the Sphere of Souls docent is breaking some unintended rules, but as more people post discoveries, the clearer it'll become.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/519357-Feytwisted-loot?p=6376437&viewf...

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #29 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
You can get feytwisted in the adventure area.   I’ve gotten those.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #30 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:01am:
The iconic and the 'tank' subrace are collectively the worst two racial trees in the game.

Seeming you're still being a retard - you forgot Drow. And SDK. It works  fine for a generic melee, even if it's not horc. There's no way it's the "worst" in the game. It's just not the best, and being an edgy "fuck ssg waaaah" person only goes so far.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #31 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 7:08pm:
Seeming you're still being a retard - you forgot Drow. And SDK. It works  fine for a generic melee, even if it's not horc. There's no way it's the "worst" in the game. It's just not the best, and being an edgy "fuck ssg waaaah" person only goes so far.

Drow is tolerable. You'll win at SDK though.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
What does feytwisted do?

tl;dr: another thing with insanely low drop rates for you to grind at endlessly until you want to rip your hair out.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #33 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:21am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 9:55pm:
tl;dr: another thing with insanely low drop rates for you to grind at endlessly until you want to rip your hair out.

Drop rate isn't a problem. It's the spawn rate of the chests. And even that can be mitigated by properly farming the explorer area.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #34 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:21am:
Drop rate isn't a problem. It's the spawn rate of the chests. And even that can be mitigated by properly farming the explorer area.

Can confirm, have every feytwist I want (and fed trash ones)

Given they're  BTA, and I've not seen a single mythic OR reaper variant, I'm quite content with that. I think maybe it's possible - going with the "rare drop in non-purple chest" idea, but I've seen no proof, and until I do I don't have to care

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #35 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 10:14am
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 6:24am:
Can confirm, have every feytwist I want (and fed trash ones)

Given they're  BTA, and I've not seen a single mythic OR reaper variant, I'm quite content with that. I think maybe it's possible - going with the "rare drop in non-purple chest" idea, but I've seen no proof, and until I do I don't have to care

Which I'm glad for. They're unique items but I really can't see myself wanting to complete the unholy task of trying to get any of them reaper + mythic'd for min-maxing. That'd be the ultimate grind.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #36 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:21am:
Drop rate isn't a problem. It's the spawn rate of the chests.

Because the spawn right of the chests and the drop rate of the item is suuuuuch a distinction  Roll Eyes

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #37 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Started my first Shifter life today. Early observations: god these things are ugly. Also that racial tree has practically nothing if you aren't playing a rage-based build. Like if you throw away a bunch of AP you can get a couple points of CON. Super.

Good news is I otta have the lives knocked out by mid afternoon tomorrow and be in to my semi-final build for a bit.

IP Logged

Deltabravo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
[some shit] wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 9:00pm:
Unless you mean aesthetically? It's far from the worse racial tree in the game, and you're likely mildly retarded.

My doctor says its more then mildly.  Shocked

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #39 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
I’m on my second shifter life as a str based tempest (my racial TR build) and I’ve got to say it’s pretty good if you completely ignore the rage-like shift.  I’m thinking they went a little overboard with Magic Fang because it’s pushed my Soulrazors’ base damage rating from just under 130 to over 150.  It’s gonna be hard giving that boost up when I go onto my next race.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #40 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Re: Feytwisted

Make Believe has an optional chest you can farm. I decided to test it for Feytwisted.

Takes ~50 seconds to zone in check, and reset. It took me 31 runs to get a Feytwisted chest.
Then I ran it another 105 and didn’t get one...

Bonus Learning: Redcaps can’t swim. Get em into deep water and they drown/despawn. Kinda. Cool.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #41 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
So Feytwisted is probably like 1%.

Be kind. If you find one, put up an LFM for full group to loot. EVERYONE gets a guaranteed named item.

Btw, my runs above (136 runs) were all R1.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #42 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Well, well, well, I ran the content twice now (heroic and epic). The repetition motivation is kinda low. There is nothing really fancy or surprising. Some laughs here and there but I could watch Seinfeld reruns for that.

(Standard Edition)

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #43 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
...are all 13 quests buried in the middle of god damn knowhere in the explorer zone again, or is there a handy quest hub?

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #44 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 2:00am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 14th, 2020 at 9:39pm:
...are all 13 quests buried in the middle of god damn knowhere in the explorer zone again, or is there a handy quest hub?

They're all on a relatively 'easy' circuit to make your way through; but just like Keep on the Boredlands you'll be snoozing between certain quests with the ride.

Really for how big the zone feels and how packed with mobs it can be in full groups; it's a shame the slayers only go up to 1500, a full 7500 count would feel appropriate and certainly raise the appeal of the wilderness.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #45 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 10:27am
Print Post  
I wish they made it so you could red door the quests instead of having to go all the way back to that stupid fucking castle every time you want to solo farm the quests.

Way to optimize on the suckage SSG!!!!!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #46 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 10:27am:
I wish they made it so you could red door the quests instead of having to go all the way back to that stupid fucking castle every time you want to solo farm the quests.

Way to optimize on the suckage SSG!!!!!

They did the same with KotB. Fucking sucks.

Same with putting 'em out in the wilderness even if its a 'relatively short ride'. Like fucking hell, they did SO WELL with RL and Sharn, why the fuck stop a good thing?

I did 3 quests last night. I'm not exactly itching to see the next ones.

IP Logged

C Troll
Korthos Resident

Fuck Off

Reply #47 - Nov 16th, 2020 at 8:12am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 1:27pm:
They did the same with KotB. Fucking sucks.

Same with putting 'em out in the wilderness even if its a 'relatively short ride'. Like fucking hell, they did SO WELL with RL and Sharn, why the fuck stop a good thing?

I did 3 quests last night. I'm not exactly itching to see the next ones.

You guys need a fucking attitude adjustment

I’m counting on you to keep this game alive to 40

You’re all loot whores
You got loot

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #48 - Nov 16th, 2020 at 8:57am
Print Post  
C Troll wrote on Nov 16th, 2020 at 8:12am:

You’re all loot whores
You got loot

When all is said and done, if players run to the quests is to run the fucking quests. I can understand and even encourage to an extent to run in the wilderness the first time, see some sights, admire the new settings and stuff. After second, third or fourth time it only becomes a pain the ass and make you wish for a quick teleport 3BC/Necro4 style. It doesn't change their lives but it definitely improves ours

Just sayin

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #49 - Nov 16th, 2020 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
C Troll wrote on Nov 16th, 2020 at 8:12am:

You’re all loot whores
You got loot

If they would introduce some sort of mechanic to get predictable loot returns I wouldn't complain nearly as much. The fact that it currently takes between 1 and 800 chest pulls to get a specific item magnifies any minor inconvenience. You want me to keep the game alive? Tell SSG how much this sort of thing fucking sucks compared to RL.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint