Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How to price an account to sell it (Read 3372 times)
Tusktusk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

How to price an account to sell it
Nov 18th, 2020 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
I followed a discussion in another thread recently about selling an account. I'm planning on selling mine once I complete all the past lives. So I started wondering. What's a good price for an account that owns all the content, and has a toon that is a full completionist: class, racial, epic and iconic.

I'm thinking somewhere around $1000 - $1200

Thoughts?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: How to price an account to sell it
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
You might get $300-$400.

If you don't have a lot of reaper points, expect less.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
why the sudden rash of people selling accounts?

Anyway, pricing is very odd. As Tech said you might get $300-$400, which shocks me because I can't picture paying more than $150.

Pretty much  all comes down to what someone is willing to pay.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Why are people leaving? Because the Devs listen to a bunch of useless motherfuckers that constantly cry on the forums about how they cant catch up. The power creep is getting out of control. I want all the reaper points he has, but don't want to work for it. He only got his reaper points cause he boxed. How are new players even going to be able to log on and play with all this injustice...it goes on and on..

So they bring out a totally useless rip off expansion with out any gear level increase and a bunch of retarded fey gear that's good for fuck all. Not to mention a total fuck up of the augment system. The useless MF on the forums struggle to get out of Korthos and get to 20 control the development of this game. So we have to play a stagnated game for a year so the flower sniffers can find unicorns to fuck...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Rast wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 5:17pm:
Why are people leaving? Because the Devs listen to a bunch of useless motherfuckers that constantly cry on the forums about how they cant catch up. The power creep is getting out of control. I want all the reaper points he has, but don't want to work for it. He only got his reaper points cause he boxed. How are new players even going to be able to log on and play with all this injustice...it goes on and on..

So they bring out a totally useless rip off expansion with out any gear level increase and a bunch of retarded fey gear that's good for fuck all. Not to mention a total fuck up of the augment system. The useless MF on the forums struggle to get out of Korthos and get to 20 control the development of this game. So we have to play a stagnated game for a year so the flower sniffers can find unicorns to fuck...

...imma be real, here, your logic seems a little odd. Yeah, feywild was a rip, yeah the gear is crap, but I fail to see how the people complaining about not being able to catch up are driving long-established players away from the game. I, to, think it should be easier to catch up(why I boxed to hell and back), but I fail to see how my feeling that way will make someone else literally sell their account and walk away forever.

Also, exactly what did they fuck up RE the aug system? So far I've observed it to be a VAST, TOWERING improvement over the old system. Augs now give bonuses equivalent to Cannith Crafting at level, making slotting decent skill/stat boosts possible. Adding +12 to an off-stat at cap  in an otherwise useless slot is pretty nice.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Slotting an augment is currently erroneously binding the item it is slotted into, and removing a slotted augment is causing the augment to become Bound to Character improperly. We are currently working on a fix. In the meantime, do not slot or unslot augments. Apparently they are patching this today.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Rast wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 6:24pm:
Slotting an augment is currently erroneously binding the item it is slotted into, and removing a slotted augment is causing the augment to become Bound to Character improperly. We are currently working on a fix. In the meantime, do not slot or unslot augments. Apparently they are patching this today.

Oh thats just the usual round of fuckups. I thought there was something inherent about the system that was bad.

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 7:58pm
Print Post  

Try a girlfriend for once. Much better than reaper points.

IP Logged

Rast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Then you get married and have kids...wish you stuck to masturbating over Feywild instead.  Cheesy

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 7:58pm:
Try a girlfriend for once. Much better than reaper points.

Yeah but way more expensive. That's, like, 2-3 ottos boxes a week--AT ddo-store prices.

At least the drop rates are better.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 7:23pm:
Oh thats just the usual round of fuckups. I thought there was something inherent about the system that was bad.

There is smth inerent about the system but it's not entirely bad  Wink

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #11 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 9:03am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 10:13pm:
Yeah but way more expensive. That's, like, 2-3 ottos boxes a week--AT ddo-store prices.

At least the drop rates are better.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #12 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Rast wrote on Nov 18th, 2020 at 8:09pm:
Then you get married and have kids...wish you stuck to masturbating over Feywild instead.  Cheesy

Rubber and the willingness to put it back to your pocket after use is a way to go...

IP Logged

AVX
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Just a guess, but rush to sell accounts might be tied to how many got banned and how some of those banned are jonesing to get back at it without the grind. Coincidentally, skipping the grind is why they got banned in 1st place. Match that with hard financial times and/or players who legitimately are done with DDO that might see a chance to cash out.

Me, I would go around $1k, because bitches are jonesing hard right now.

IP Logged

phoenix
Waterworks Kobold

Thelanis server

Reply #14 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 11:44am
Print Post  
I am still looking to buy an account, so if anyone has one for sale, you can hit me up.
Mainly looking for at least 1 character on the account that has (close to) all pastlives, and ideally a healthy reaper points pool. But even if you don't have all pastlives, I might be interested, I can do a few lives myself too of course.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #15 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 1:33pm
Print Post  

Gosh... you are just so edgy, really dark and brooding. Color me terribly impressed.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
phoenix wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 11:44am:
I am still looking to buy an account, so if anyone has one for sale, you can hit me up.
Mainly looking for at least 1 character on the account that has (close to) all pastlives, and ideally a healthy reaper points pool. But even if you don't have all pastlives, I might be interested, I can do a few lives myself too of course.

PM the guy who opened this thread: he is selling.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #17 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I was suspecting that these accounts were coming up for sale cuz dupers had side gigs eating some stones themselves to fatten up an alt to sell it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:52pm:
I was suspecting that these accounts were coming up for sale cuz dupers had side gigs eating some stones themselves to fatten up an alt to sell it.

Not likely. 3rd life+ you still needed about 4 hours total gameplay to get a life out of the way - not counting time spent acquiring the bare essential gear to complete these lives(master's gift aug among others). Plus, unless there's something I don't know, add  extra for grinding out hearts.

That means even with an unlimited number of boxes and potions, JUST heroic completionist = ~180 hours

+156 more hours for Racial Completionist

336 hours for $1,000? Thats about 3 bucks an hour.

Before expenses(remember the dupe cost to get all those boxes).

Feel free to check my math but I doubt that's the origin of these accounts.

IP Logged

finallyhadenough
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
lol  i triple iconiced and heroic in 2 hours   way back when   lol  and didnt need tokens  haha

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
finallyhadenough wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 7:29pm:
lol  i triple iconiced and heroic in 2 hours   way back when   lol  and didnt need tokens  haha

I guess that's true. You do get enough comms out of the epic boxes to make it happen. That is only 45 of each box too, hmmm.

Well shit. Noy you got me thinking Tongue I dunno, EPLs are probably worth a lot more though. Fuck, I got too many characters.

IP Logged

[some shit]
Titan Demolisher

Reply #21 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
So they bring out a totally useless rip off expansion with out any gear level increase and a bunch of retarded fey gear that's good for fuck all.

The fuck cunt?
I didn't want a gear level  increase. Yikes. I'm not happy with fey loot,  but I do not want or need more power creep.
Same for level increase - I've been present for every level increase and they've all sucked hard.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint