Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Set Augment Questions (Read 2132 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Set Augment Questions
Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Ok, since the wiki isn't being updated and the lamania discussion is.... well everything that's wrong with the motherboards...

So, let's say you craft a:

Perfect Silence
* Ingredients Required to Craft: 50 Threads of Fate, 1 Empty Soul Vessel, 1 Vestments of Ravenloft
* Minimum Level: 30
* Binding: Bound to Account
* 3-Piece Set Bonus: +3 Artifact Bonus to Sneak Attack Dice

All lamaland says is:

Quote:
Slotting one of these augments into an item that already has a set bonus will cause that set bonus to be suppressed and replaced (so long as this augment remains slotted in that item) with the set bonus listed on the augment. (Note: These can be slotted into items that don't have set bonuses as well)

So.... what, does that mean if you slot that into say a cannith crafted ring, do you just get that bonus, do you need the other 2 pieces of the set to get the bonus, How do these things work?

I'm not terribly inclined to try and make one until some information on how they work is made clear.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

phoenix
Waterworks Kobold

Thelanis server

Re: Set Augment Questions
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
As far as I know, you need to have 3 vestments of ravenloft to get 3 of the same augments, and you need to slot an augment in 3 different items. Those 3 items will get the set bonus flag, and having 3 of them will enable the set bonus.

That's at least how I understood it.

I like the idea of needing a raid item for it, but not 3 of the same. That's bad design imo.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Yeah, they're essentially forcing you to completely waste two augment slots because you have to slot three identical turds to get a meh-level set bonus.

It's like they've got crash helmeted, acid dropping, shit flinging screech monkeys coming up with this wacky shit because it makes zero fucking sense whatsoever.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
phoenix wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:28pm:
As far as I know, you need to have 3 vestments of ravenloft to get 3 of the same augments, and you need to slot an augment in 3 different items. Those 3 items will get the set bonus flag, and having 3 of them will enable the set bonus.

...seriously? Dear god that's a fucking hot garbage system. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:40pm:
It's like they've got crash helmeted, acid dropping, shit flinging screech monkeys coming up with this wacky shit because it makes zero fucking sense whatsoever.

Oh. Right.

But seriously, that's fucking garbage. Its like the ONLY people this system was designed for are the privileged few who raid 3 times a night and were bitching about having "9,000 of every raid rune". I have hardly any raid gear and was hoping this system would let me put at least some of it into service.

Guess-fucking-not.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:51pm:
...seriously? Dear god that's a fucking hot garbage system. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Oh. Right.

But seriously, that's fucking garbage. Its like the ONLY people this system was designed for are the privileged few who raid 3 times a night and were bitching about having "9,000 of every raid rune". I have hardly any raid gear and was hoping this system would let me put at least some of it into service.

Guess-fucking-not.

In THEORY the SYSTEM can make older raids relevant. But, the existing augs are... not exciting.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 8:52pm:
In THEORY the SYSTEM can make older raids relevant. But, the existing augs are... not exciting.

Hmm, let's see.

Odds of pulling 3x of the same item? As close to 0 as makes no odds.

~64 raid runs /run X 1250 runs per item X fucking 3 items = 58 runs.

To get a "meh" set bonus.

Yeah, that is on-brand for SSG. The only know 3 ways to give things to players: gigantic grind, paywall, or obscenely low drop-rate.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 9:05pm:
Hmm, let's see.

Odds of pulling 3x of the same item? As close to 0 as makes no odds.

~64 raid runs /run X 1250 runs per item X fucking 3 items = 58 runs.

To get a "meh" set bonus.

Yeah, that is on-brand for SSG. The only know 3 ways to give things to players: gigantic grind, paywall, or obscenely low drop-rate.

On Norm.

Incentive to push difficulties.

Half as many runs on leet, for example. Just sayin'

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Doogy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 4:44am
Print Post  
or an easy grab if you already have loads of runes from completing the previous raids and have them banked Wink

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 7:08am
Print Post  
That "meh" set bonus stacks on top of whatever you already have. I like the idea of a small increase in power that 99% of the game's players can ignore coming with a huge cost. Give the grinders something to grind for that feels like advancement but which can easily be ignored if you don't want to grind.

That's excellent design in my opinion.

Now they just need to flip the order of bonuses on Racial Past Lives and they'll have power progression set up a lot better than it is now. 20% of the work should get you 80% of the power and the last little bit of power should be what needs the grind.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 7:19am
Print Post  
(unfortunately, duping means that this grind won't actually be a grind for some people, but it's still trying to move in the right direction IMHO)

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #10 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 7:08am:
That "meh" set bonus stacks on top of whatever you already have.

Are you sure?
Most of them artifact bonuses like RL/Sharn sets.
Do artifact bonuses stack? "With Update 17, many previously untyped bonuses have been typed as artifact bonus and thus they no longer stack with each other."

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #11 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Artifact bonuses do not stack with each other.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 12:25pm:
Are you sure?
Most of them artifact bonuses like RL/Sharn sets.
Do artifact bonuses stack? "With Update 17, many previously untyped bonuses have been typed as artifact bonus and thus they no longer stack with each other."

Sorry, I phrased poorly. I meant that they stack with what you have now because you'll be adding set bonuses that aren't already in your existing gear. Like if you don't have a +Sneak Attack bonus in your set bonuses already, then you can add that and it will stack with your non-set-bonus sneak attack gear.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Nov 19th, 2020 at 11:11pm:
Half as many runs on leet, for example. Just sayin'

Ooooh, 29 runs! Sooooooo much better!

(the sarcasm check on that statement is 2)

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #14 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 3:01pm:
Ooooh, 29 runs! Sooooooo much better!

(the sarcasm check on that statement is 2)

I raid quite a bit. So, it doesn't feel AS bad. We have a group that runs a raid train on Wed & Sat. Right now we always do THTH, PN, VOD, MA, and LoB, and usually Shroud after.

Several days a week members of that group will pop a timer for other runs too.

What server you on?

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 3:45pm:
I raid quite a bit. So, it doesn't feel AS bad. We have a group that runs a raid train on Wed & Sat. Right now we always do THTH, PN, VOD, MA, and LoB, and usually Shroud after.

Several days a week members of that group will pop a timer for other runs too.

What server you on?

Yeah for the percentage of people that high-skull raid around the clock and don't have alts to kit it won't be an unimaginable grind, but its one of those "further fracturing the player base"-type problems as the gulf between those who play like a second job and the rest of us grows even wider. Fortunately this is an example of where the cost is simply too high for too little a return(I'm positive I could find something better to do with those 3 augment slots it takes).

I have the dual problems of playing on Argo(among the lowest server pops) and having a weird work schedule that excludes me from most raiding. Now that I got all my lives done on my main I'm going to get flagged again, but I don't realistically see many raids firing during my play-time.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
The Soulforged augments are much more interesting, since each only requires 1 item and then takes 1 augment slot. A few of them, like Soundproof, +2 profane, etc, will be useful.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint