Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ok, game archeology time (Read 1109 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Ok, game archeology time
Nov 24th, 2020 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
So a bunch of years ago(I believe pre-MOTU) I got suckered into backup-healing a shroud raid on my barely potty-trained cleric. At one point, the sorc asked me to "just keep casting heals" then did *something* that re-filled his spell-points very quickly at the cost of hit-points(which I was able to keep topped-off by rapid-firing different healing spells).

What the hell did I see?

I remember being told at the time and I assume whatever it was has since long been removed from the game, but it has always bugged me.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Re: Ok, game archeology time
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Blood Sacrifice from (Epic) Twisted Talisman?
https://ddowiki.com/page/Blood_Sacrifice

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
...Plausibly. I seem to recall him regending a lot more than 250 SP and taking a whole lot more than taking enough damage that he needed several heals to survive. I know things were different back then but even on elite that was only 190 damage.

Side note: blood sacrifice cost more HP on higher diffs, but does the SP also scale?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Twisted Talisman was my first thought. Next thought are the larva from Xachasian (so?) Eardweller. But I can’t recall if those damaged you

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Also could have been torc + conc op + shroud blades??

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Nov 24th, 2020 at 9:12pm:
Also could have been torc + conc op + shroud blades??

No I distinctly remember he was standing in a "safe" spot(its just one of those memories thats fixed in my mind), plus he was regenning WAY to fast for it to be blades(you can stand in the spears dancing and still only proc like 4 torc hits).

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
sp pots and going apeshit on harry to "tank" him so as to get a win in a bad shroud?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
sp pots and going apeshit on harry to "tank" him so as to get a win in a bad shroud?

Nope. Was in part 1.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #8 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
My thoughts:

1. Epic talisman could have epic'd version of blood sacrifice spell for a brief time?
2. There was an exploit back in the days that let you carry 2*each exclusive item (buyback and dragging from bank while DC'ed), also prolly some exploit to fast-using it so this guy could just use 4*blood sacrifice (2*heroic, 2*epic) in no-time.
3. If he was pure arti it might be that Blood Sacrifice scaled with arti Arcanotechnician capstone to CL:20, and prolly this spell takes more HP giving more SP with CL upgraded. Also some levels with arti gives wondrous items up to +5 with it's CL.
4. EROSS, or ROSS with artificer wondous items/capstone, and he just removed his HP/CON ring to do that Wink
5. Torc procing on some self-damaging skills/spells, and maybe this guy managed to self-damage for 1dmg but hundrets times. Maybe a vicious weapon, wearing 2 uncleansed GS, dunno.

Maybe we can excavate some old exploit out of it Wink

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on Nov 29th, 2020 at 7:03pm:
My thoughts:
1. Epic talisman could have epic'd version of blood sacrifice spell for a brief time?
2. There was an exploit back in the days that let you carry 2*each exclusive item (buyback and dragging from bank while DC'ed), also prolly some exploit to fast-using it so this guy could just use 4*blood sacrifice (2*heroic, 2*epic) in no-time.

So far this is most plausible based on the amount of damage taken vs. amount of SP regained.

3. If he was pure arti it might be that Blood Sacrifice scaled with arti Arcanotechnician capstone to CL:20, and prolly this spell takes more HP giving more SP with CL upgraded. Also some levels with arti gives wondrous items up to +5 with it's CL.
4. EROSS, or ROSS with artificer wondous items/capstone, and he just removed his HP/CON ring to do that Wink

Nope. Pure sorc.

5. Torc procing on some self-damaging skills/spells, and maybe this guy managed to self-damage for 1dmg but hundrets times. Maybe a vicious weapon, wearing 2 uncleansed GS, dunno.

Was happening too fast and procing too often to be tork/conc. And generated way more SP. Unless blood sacrifice can proc torc?

Maybe we can excavate some old exploit out of it Wink

That might be fun Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint