Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Moaners with 156+ Reaper points - We told you so! (Read 6010 times)
Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Moaners with 156+ Reaper points - We told you so!
Feb 8th, 2021 at 6:08am
Print Post  
We did warn you what would happen when you bought all those duped boxes to get first time reaper bonus, duped XP points, duped Astral shards and zerged through the reaper points - that soon you will run out of things to play for.

And yet, here we are, where the motherboards are flooded with "Life beyond 156 reaper points, what next?" titles and people sitting in their high horses telling us to shut up while they don't know what to do / ask for even more character power (more reaper trees).

Most of them also completed their racial TRs, epic TRs using these boxes as part of their reaper first life bonus train so they are absolutely stuck. Some of them have completed the same in their second alts and some have wings in their other alts as well. Now they are at a point where they need more & more quantity of drug for the same high they used to get couple of years back but dealer (SSG) can make only limited stock and formula is stale  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Re: Moaners with 156+ Reaper points - We told you so!
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Yeah, yeah, yeah... you had your little say. Now go make me a sandwich.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 11:03am
Print Post  
My opinion has always been that D&D is not about unlimited single character progression.   The game is better if character power doesn't have infinite growth non-stop.   Especially for people who want to invest 80+ hours of play time per week, using the most efficient methods possible to accelerate the progression.  It is fine if it is possible to "complete" a character and work on another build until new content/expansions come out, which will then create more to do on previously "completed" characters.   That's how the game worked from 2006-2011, and I enjoyed that era. 

I'm not saying we should roll back to 2011 entirely or anything,  A lot of the systems adds, balances, and new races/classes and stuff are cool.   I think when some people say they want a legacy server, what appeals from that era is the way the game felt the grind was manageable back then for a player without having to invest either 60-80 hours per week or a lot of $$ to bypass the grind.  I'm also not saying grind should never be added or that progression should ever permanently halt.  Games have to keep growing in size and scope, sure, but this one just grew in ways that made it too difficult for players to achieve without a huge investment in time or money.

I'd be fine with them saying that the answer to the 156 RP and triple everything PL character that is fully geared out is to start a new alt until the cap goes up.    

That opinion might not be super popular here or on the MoBo, but oh well.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 11:03am:
I'd be fine with them saying that the answer to the 156 RP and triple everything PL character that is fully geared out is to start a new alt until the cap goes up.

I'm trying to get our static Reaper group to start their fourth favorite toons, but they're ignoring me.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Sid
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
And some of them grinded all their lives, some of them have all the raid gear, all +8 tomes not from ddo store, 130+ reaper points without grinding reaper dailes at all, wings, all bank toons plat capped  (And yet less than 100 astral shards). Some of them log to the  game, say hi, look at lfm and press alt+f4 Shocked

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
This is kind of the hole SSG has dug itself. They've focused so much on single character progression that it leaves a huge power-gap. For most players the very thought of starting over on an alt is horrifying. Its not the exploit's fault that its exacerbated a long-running problem.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 12:28pm:
This is kind of the hole SSG has dug itself. They've focused so much on single character progression that it leaves a huge power-gap. For most players the very thought of starting over on an alt is horrifying. Its not the exploit's fault that its exacerbated a long-running problem.

Reaper points.
If they would have just made reaper what it was meant to be: a challenge without increasing player power we would have much less r10 runs. Not even mentioning the extra xp for running r1.
But they thought insignificant benefits (+1 dodge) for a huge chunk of xp will be a carrot on a very long stick and they were wrong, coz they don't play their own game. Or if they do they do it in god mode, they do not learn how to be effective at it. So people topped their trees much quicker than they thought it could be done. Huh

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 1:17pm:
So people topped their trees much quicker than they thought it could be done. Huh

Reaper introduced: February 2017

First wings: November 2017

First capped reaper toon: February 2018

Expectation for wings at endgame: 2019

Expectation for reaper cap at uber endgame: 2020/2021+

The top 1% will always baffle the devs, but seeing as many serious players strive for but have yet to hit reaper cap, four years seems like pretty good return on a game mechanic.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 1:17pm:
Reaper points.
If they would have just made reaper what it was meant to be: a challenge without increasing player power we would have much less r10 runs. Not even mentioning the extra xp for running r1.
But they thought insignificant benefits (+1 dodge) for a huge chunk of xp will be a carrot on a very long stick and they were wrong, coz they don't play their own game. Or if they do they do it in god mode, they do not learn how to be effective at it. So people topped their trees much quicker than they thought it could be done. Huh

This is actually a common problem with MMOs. When Ultima Online first launched, they tried to make a mechanic where the players actions would actually affect the game. So for example if the players killed too many rabbits, the wolves would get hungry and become more aggressive. The system broke because the players went out and slaughtered everything that moved with much greater speed and efficiency than the devs were expecting. The difference is: OTHER mmos talk to their players to figure out what to do, even sometimes hiring those 1%s as consultants.

Its a very simple concept: the people who spend 16 hours a day playing MMOs aren't the people making MMOs because, well, they're spending 16 hours a day. The people making them, meanwhile, have many other things they need to be doing(but should be playing more. I remember when I was playing WoW, you could always tell what the devs were playing because that class would be overpowered.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 1:47pm:
Reaper introduced: February 2017

First wings: November 2017

First capped reaper toon: February 2018

Expectation for wings at endgame: 2019

Expectation for reaper cap at uber endgame: 2020/2021+

The top 1% will always baffle the devs, but seeing as many serious players strive for but have yet to hit reaper cap, four years seems like pretty good return on a game mechanic.

Not arguing, four years is good, just saying, I think they thought it was going to be IMPOSSIBLE to beat r10. That's how much they have no clue about their own game.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
“Surely If I cannot brat a quest on R10 with god mode on, those dirty plebs won’t.  This will last us at least 6+ years, plenty of time for development of the next quest type!  Legendaries!

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #11 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
No one cares about whine asses on the mother boards

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Rast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
People have worked hard and pumped a lot of money into the game since reaper started. Not everyone brought duped shards, boxes, pots etc. Majority of players in the 156 club were already quad completionists and up near 140-200+ reapers points before this whole dupe thing started, so that is totally irrelevant.
Unfortunately I've spent a fortune on this stupid game. It would be nice to continue working on progressing my main, however I now just use it to try new builds, reaper raids and spend most my time working on alts. What is amusing though are the the main forums, omfg these guys are another form of total opinionated retardation.  Cheesy

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 6:11pm:
No one cares about whine asses on the mother boards

If there were true, DDO would still have a lot of fun builds that were strong for a while and were then nerfed into oblivion.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 8:14pm:
If there were true, DDO would still have a lot of fun builds that were strong for a while and were then nerfed into oblivion.

Reaper XP nerf incoming
Grind early and grind often.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #15 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 4:46pm:
I think they thought

I found the problem.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 1:58am
Print Post  
With a Handle like that its a wonder OP would assume anyone would give a fuck about what she or any other Petri dish one-cell organisms have to say.

Reaper is a success for the most part and that's why there will be an inevitable 4th tree.

It takes a special of kind retard to think players ruin their own fun - a DEV kind.

Just like Flimsy telling us that "chain farming R10 Amber is baaaaad" and then nerfing it into the fucking ground.

His tiny dev brain couldn't handle the fact that "it is fun for the players who do it".

You sure you're not a dev in disguise? Maybe designing more reaper rewards is PITA for you now? ROFLMAO!

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #17 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Rast wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 6:12pm:
People have worked hard and pumped a lot of money into the game since reaper started.

Grin

Not everyone brought duped shards, boxes, pots etc.

Sadly stupid can't be fixed... Embarrassed

Majority of players in the 156 club were already quad completionists and up near 140-200+ reapers points before this whole dupe thing started, so that is totally irrelevant.

What they were in the 156 back in 2011? 6 years before reaper showed up?? wow and I thought I was an exploiter!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #18 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
HARDCORE!

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #19 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 6:08am:
soon you will run out of things to play for.

you made this thread under the false pretense that u are smart, have foresight, and felt correct. however let me explain to you that there are multiple perspectives in life not just your own retard shit based on your priorities. im sure there are plenty of other opinions but i can only make an example of my own. I wanted to have maxed out toons to run shit with all my homeboys with. i wanted to have capped maxed out douchebags to fill any role in any end game content, figuring i would be able to rotate through all them fulfilling the needs of my homeboys in daily end game raiding and general game playing- you know, like gamers do. unfortunately people like you exist who ONLY insert dollars when a carrot is dangled in front of them so power creep and grind became the new form of content instead of actual playable end content, because skipping and shortening that grind for power creep is the only things retards like are willing to pay for. they should have never increased the level cap, and instead used all the shit theyve done since to add diversity to level 20 builds through unique gear and added a real prestige mechanic so people could take extra levels of a real class instead of fucking meme grind levels that mean nothing to anyone and +487236 ultimate slightly foresightful
exceptional unfathomable monetizable strength items. as soon as the game direction was such that having multiple main toons was unsustainable the game was dead to everyone except people unable to evolve beyond 2006 games who want to virtue signal the unwavering denial of their continuing sunken costs. The fact that 'running out of grind to skip' makes you feel like the game is over only proves you are precisely the retard i accuse you of being. the game ended when good people left. and the population of this game has been a downward trend ever since its high point- the day it released. youre just a fucking bag holder now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_in_video_games

i challenge you to find one game on this list that is relevant today. once u fail to do so, explain to me how ddo is somehow more relevant than the myriad of GOOD TITLES on that list that are no longer relevant. yet you want to pretend that people DUPING MUH DDO ITEMS is some fucking calamity lol this game NEEDS to die so someone can buy the husk and try something different while retards like you still buy into it seeing some value.

i however miss hundreds of frends who left years ago due to endless failures on the part of turbine or whatever they call themselves today. go fuck yourself gay retard.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #20 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 9th, 2021 at 2:03pm:
HARDCORE!

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #21 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
i appreciate your fast reply, instant gratification- one more gay retard intellectually wrecked online.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #22 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Ah a new sock.  A GRAND one at that.

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #23 - Feb 10th, 2021 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Feb 9th, 2021 at 2:52pm:
Ah a new sock.  A GRAND one at that.

The Grandest one baby!  Grin Grin

HARDCORE!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Feb 10th, 2021 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Feb 10th, 2021 at 1:09pm:
The Grandest one baby!  Grin Grin

HARDCORE!

I like this new sock. Its a lot less retarded than the other one.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint