Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 48.4 (Read 15444 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: 48.4
Reply #50 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Ferd wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 9:46am:
So, for people smarter than me (which is admittedly a lot) and who are ok playing DPS casters at end game (R10), if these changes go through as planned what’s going to replace alchemist and sorc?

DC Sorc.

Sorc can hit plenty high DCs for pretty much all content, has 1/2 the cooldown, and a lot more manna.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #51 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 12:24pm:
DC Sorc.

Sorc can hit plenty high DCs for pretty much all content, has 1/2 the cooldown, and a lot more manna.

Which is great!

...assuming you want to play a DC sorc.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #52 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 12:57pm:
Which is great!

...assuming you want to play a DC sorc.

Well, you're not going to WANT to play a nuker anymore...

Sad

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Ferd
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Ya, not a fan of DC casters.

With a sorc/alchy - DPS could solve most of your problems. You could solo.

Instakillers are kinda pooched if they have to solo.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #54 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 1:12pm:
Well, you're not going to WANT to play a nuker anymore...

Sad

Yeah. That's the whole problem. They nerfed sorcs into the fucking dust and now I'm left without a playstyle I actually enjoy.

I'm even more annoyed because I paid the fuckin 3000 tps to move a helm of the red dragon over to my sorc, the helm which is now useless.

Ferd wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 1:17pm:
Ya, not a fan of DC casters.

With a sorc/alchy - DPS could solve most of your problems. You could solo.

Instakillers are kinda pooched if they have to solo.

Too many things are immune to insta-kill and all bosses are. AND too fucking many things just have blanket immunities.

With a nuker you could just DPS everything and be on your way. back when my pure wizard was still a palemaster i remember cliding effortlessly through the dungeon until i got to the end, and found out the boss was immune to negative and lighting, and that just fucked me right out. The whole reason I want to a sorc in the first place was to get the immunity stripper so I didn't HAVE to play around blanket immunities.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #55 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Dev today:

Quote:
We also wanted to quickly clarify a few things that we’ve seen circulating: Yes, THF retains its base 1.5 modifier, which means that at high levels, we are bringing THF from 3.0 to 2.5 (not 2.0). Yes, the feat Two Handed Defense does indeed work on Handwraps, and we’ve clarified the tooltips to be sure that’s clearer in game. Finally, and I know you’ve all been asking for this, we’ve removed the Fire Savant caster level penalty from Meteor Swarm.

We have more planned for the second preview, so stay tuned! Thank you all for your passionate feedback so far, and please continue to discuss our plans if you have more to say.

Interesting.

This isn't too bad.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #56 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 2:17pm
Print Post  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #57 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 2:17pm:

tl;dr - still fuck sorcs, everyone else is not getting nerfed quite as bad but still badly.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Getting fucked with a shorter broomstick is still getting fucked with a broomstick.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #59 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Is this like the first sorc nerf in a decade?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #60 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 3:46pm:
Is this like the first sorc nerf in a decade?

The real problem is SSG doesn't make its nerfing decisions based on logic or metrics, it makes it based on what people are bitching the hardest about. So sorcs were in a perfectly respectable place power-wise, but needed to be nerfed to death to shut up the 9 whiners who aren't playing them.

What SSG SHOULD be doing is running a metric. Something like: all R10 completions(completions, not attempts) what percentage of classes are represented? If 30% of all characters completing R10s are pure 20 levels of alchemist, then maybe alchemists need a nerf.

If nots about "what is the strongest" its about a healthy balance of viable gameplay options. If the ONLY way to complete R10 is to play a specific class, then either that class needs a nerf or everyone else needs a buff.

This "make changes based on bitching" approach is fucking nuts.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #61 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 4:59pm:
This "make changes based on bitching" approach is fucking nuts.

SSG couldn’t be proactive about anything, even if they actually tried.  That concept is completely beyond them, and why we have to deal with their completely blind, overreactive responses to stimuli that needn’t be there in the first fucking place.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #62 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 5:28pm:
SSG couldn’t be proactive about anything, even if they actually tried.  That concept is completely beyond them, and why we have to deal with their completely blind, overreactive responses to stimuli that needn’t be there in the first fucking place.

I'm still impressed with how fast they managed to nerf horses. I mean it was the fucking stupidest nerf they've ever released. But it was fast.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #63 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 6:19pm:
I'm still impressed with how fast they managed to nerf horses. I mean it was the fucking stupidest nerf they've ever released. But it was fast.

Too bad they’re only fast like that when the shit they’re working on is of little actual benefit to players.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #64 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 6:36pm:
Too bad they’re only fast like that when the shit they’re working on is of little actual benefit to players.

RIGHT?

like 1 person cried really hard and it was nerfed in days. We all scream about other shit and its left for years. I have literally never seen another game where the devs actively hate the players quite this badly.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #65 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 6:42pm:
RIGHT?

like 1 person cried really hard and it was nerfed in days. We all scream about other shit and its left for years. I have literally never seen another game where the devs actively hate the players quite this badly.

Basically the only difference now between paying for DDO and a dominatrix is that Jerry’s Kids® don’t wear leather when lag has you bound and mobs whip your ass.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #66 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
When everything is balanced all choices become the same and everything becomes a lot more boring like what happened to wow pvp balancing crap.  I like everything a little unbalanced just each class in a different direction of op imbalance.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #67 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 7:10pm:
When everything is balanced all choices become the same and everything becomes a lot more boring like what happened to wow pvp balancing crap.  I like everything a little unbalanced just each class in a different direction of op imbalance.

WoW has to balance for PvP because something something pvpers are retarded pandas.

DDO does NOT need "balance" because we do not have PvP(imagine how much worse the game would be if we did). The only time the game needs "balance" is when 1 specific playstyle(2wf, 2hf, nuker, DC, you name it) is so much more powerful that it becomes the only viable option(which has not ever actually happened). Balancing DDO is also so horrendously challenging and always done badly that its a wonder the devs even try anymore.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #68 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 1:25pm:
helm of the red dragon over to my sorc, the helm which is now useless.

Why is it worthless, the max caster level changes somehow?

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #69 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 7:10pm:
I like everything a little unbalanced just each class in a different direction of op imbalance.

This.  Balance is an illusion.  Rotate the imbalance not by  changing toons, but by smart content.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #70 - Feb 12th, 2021 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 7:42pm:
Why is it worthless, the max caster level changes somehow?

They were going to out a hard cap on CL for meteor swarm. Apparently someone at SSG found 2 brain cells to rub together and decided to back off on that idiocacy.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #71 - Feb 13th, 2021 at 9:33am
Print Post  
All that is getting nerfed for Sorc is Meteor Swarm. Fire Savant was the best zerger with Meteor Swarm. Sorc will still be the best zerger, but you might want to swap to Air or Water Savant. Still easymode pastlives.

But other spellcaster classes got some nuker love if you want a change of pace. Mass Inflict Critical with a base damage of 40d6+400 sounds hot. I don't think a caster level of 40 is actually attainable, but still. Also that SWF auto spellcrit after a vorpal sounds interesting to build around.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #72 - Feb 13th, 2021 at 10:24am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 13th, 2021 at 9:33am:
I don't think a caster level of 40 is actually attainable

Yet.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Feb 13th, 2021 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 12th, 2021 at 10:37pm:
They were going to out a hard cap on CL for meteor swarm. Apparently someone at SSG found 2 brain cells to rub together and decided to back off on that idiocacy.

As far as I know the max caster level for meteor swarm is still being reduced to 20. The only thing that changed was they were going to fix a long term feature that meant meteor swarm lost 3 caster levels when taking the fire savant capstone.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Feb 13th, 2021 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Feb 11th, 2021 at 4:40pm:
Lately I can barely manage to play 2 hours before I'm not interested anymore.  I'm thinking if this update goes live, my interests will fall even more.

agree.  just doing some easy runs with static group.  no real goals for the game except killing time with friends.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint