Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 48.4 (Read 15422 times)
Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Re: 48.4
Reply #75 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Justanotherlurker wrote on Feb 13th, 2021 at 2:42pm:
As far as I know the max caster level for meteor swarm is still being reduced to 20. The only thing that changed was they were going to fix a long term feature that meant meteor swarm lost 3 caster levels when taking the fire savant capstone.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/521771-U48-4-Post-Preview-1-Check-In?p...

specifically

Quote:
We also wanted to quickly clarify a few things that we’ve seen circulating: Yes, THF retains its base 1.5 modifier, which means that at high levels, we are bringing THF from 3.0 to 2.5 (not 2.0). Yes, the feat Two Handed Defense does indeed work on Handwraps, and we’ve clarified the tooltips to be sure that’s clearer in game. Finally, and I know you’ve all been asking for this,  we’ve removed the Fire Savant caster level penalty from Meteor Swarm.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Feb 14th, 2021 at 11:51am:

You may want to reread the exact thing you quoted.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #77 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Feb 14th, 2021 at 11:51am:
Fire Savant caster level penalty from Meteor Swarm.

The "Fire Savant caster level penalty from Meteor Swarm" refers to how the capstone gives MS -3 to CL because it also counts as an Earth spell. That has nothing to do with max caster level going from 30 to 20. Actually it's a completely empty gesture if MCL goes from 30 to 20, because there's no way you have the fire capstone and not be 23+ on fire caster level.

Now it's possible that the devs have separately announced that they are scrapping the MCL reduction idea, but it hasn't been quoted on the vault, and if it exists, I haven't seen it.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #78 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 14th, 2021 at 2:26pm:
The "Fire Savant caster level penalty from Meteor Swarm" refers to how the capstone gives MS -3 to CL because it also counts as an Earth spell. That has nothing to do with max caster level going from 30 to 20. Actually it's a completely empty gesture if MCL goes from 30 to 20, because there's no way you have the fire capstone and not be 23+ on fire caster level.

Now it's possible that the devs have separately announced that they are scrapping the MCL reduction idea, but it hasn't been quoted on the vault, and if it exists, I haven't seen it.

Oof. I misunderstood that as well.. :/

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #79 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 14th, 2021 at 6:33pm:
Oof. I misunderstood that as well.. :/

Frack.

This is the worst part: Meteor Swarm is part of the immunity stripper, so first meteor strips immunity, rest does damage. The other types don't have a similar multi-hit spell like that, which means minimum 2 spells for every mob(because fucking EVERYTHING has blanket elemental immunity).

Urk.

Better play as much as I can while I can.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #80 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Do you think they really understand what they are doing?  If I'm following right (I'm not up to speed on caster things), the capstone gives you +3.  So caster level 23.  But they are making 20 a hard cap?  So the cap stone will do nothing?  So testing should easily show no difference in damage when this goes live?  Don't spend the point on the capstone, test, spend the point, test again.

So them saying they've finally fixed meteor to not be typed as earth does nothing?  Sure it will be eligible for the capstone +3.  But you're gonna hit the hard 20 level cap anyway?

I wonder if they realize the 3 hits of meteor, all in one, first strips, next two hit full?  Wouldn't a simpler nerf be to make it so you had to cast meteor twice, once to strip and second to hit full?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #81 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Feb 14th, 2021 at 11:35pm:
Do you think they really understand what they are doing?  If I'm following right (I'm not up to speed on caster things), the capstone gives you +3.  So caster level 23.  But they are making 20 a hard cap?  So the cap stone will do nothing?  So testing should easily show no difference in damage when this goes live?  Don't spend the point on the capstone, test, spend the point, test again.

So them saying they've finally fixed meteor to not be typed as earth does nothing?  Sure it will be eligible for the capstone +3.  But you're gonna hit the hard 20 level cap anyway?

They haven't got a single god damn clue how their own game works. Its best to just nerf, nerf, nerf, then when players leave they will stop complaining.

Shunned wrote on Feb 14th, 2021 at 11:35pm:
I wonder if they realize the 3 hits of meteor, all in one, first strips, next two hit full?  Wouldn't a simpler nerf be to make it so you had to cast meteor twice, once to strip and second to hit full?

That would just nerf it right into the toilet. No nerf is actually needed, that's the problem. Sorcs were in a fine place and loosing 200 spell power was PLENTY of "Fuck you" to the players. The meteor swarm nerf basically eliminates fire sorc as a playable class. They SSGd sorcs hard.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bishop
Stormreaver Piker

Nothing lasts forever
but the earth and sky.

Reply #82 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 1:36pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #83 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Hahaha, the dirty fuckers. There's a whole buffet of fun-removers slipped in this patch. https://www.ddo.com/en/update-484-release-notes

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #84 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Feb 23rd, 2021 at 4:32pm:
Hahaha, the dirty fuckers. There's a whole buffet of fun-removers slipped in this patch. https://www.ddo.com/en/update-484-release-notes

Fuck, there is a lot to unpack there. That is a seriously large ancillary update.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #85 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Feb 23rd, 2021 at 4:32pm:

If you pay close attention its all in there: not enough people were buying shifters, so they are nerfing everything they can think of.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #86 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Feb 23rd, 2021 at 7:22pm:
Fuck, there is a lot to unpack there.

What a coincidence, that's what your mom says when I cram it in her ass! Must run in the family.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
FTFY

Gunga wrote on Feb 23rd, 2021 at 9:55pm:
What a coincidence, your mom say's "Is it in yet?", when I try to cram it in her ass! Then I sob for hours while she hums show tunes & strokes my brow

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #88 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 10:20am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Feb 23rd, 2021 at 11:19pm:
I suck DB’s dick while we swing from Gunga’s glorious sack!

FTFY

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #89 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 10:20am:
FTFY

You're going to get an STD from all of this.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #90 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
You're going to get an STD from all of this.

Modern miracle pharmaceuticals perpetuate bad behavior.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Mind you, he INSISTS everything be applied as a suppository.. and for some reason demands it be duct taped to the knuckles on the Drs fist..  Smiley

Gunga wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 11:31am:
Modern miracle pharmaceuticals perpetuate bad behavior.

IP Logged

OgreMealReady
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
So they fucked with Confront any Foe and instead reducing scaling it's scaling damage they changed the animations, now it looks like a sunder attack.

If you are stationary it swings around like a child with your weapon and doing this while running it looks like a handicapped old person is trying to hit something.

Fuck you SSG and your fucking ham handed approaches.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint