Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic WHERE THE FUCK IS MY RUBY OF GHOSTBANE? (Read 4084 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY RUBY OF GHOSTBANE?
Mar 2nd, 2021 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
WHICH FUCKING WEAPON DID I PUT THAT ON? Goddamn.  Shit, it's not in my bag, so it has to be on one of these weapons.

*20 minutes later*

Fuck. Did I look in the crafting bank?

Okay.  There they are. Right in the crafting bank.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: WHERE THE FUCK IS MY RUBY OF GHOSTBANE?
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
YUP.

I been there. Fucking annoying as shit. The "crafting bank" should be the solution - except its too small, not sortable, and loads first-in instead of last-in. Its like these devs forget that their game has 9,000 different ingredients or something.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:18am
Print Post  
I'm more like "Which character did I leave my Dimensional Augment Bag on this time?"

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Where's my keys?  /20 mins later  Fuck they've been in my left hand!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 12:45pm
Print Post  

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 1:04pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Where is my penis?

In your butthole.

<3

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 1:38pm:
Where is my penis?

In your butthole.

<3

Again?  It's always in the last place I look for it....

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Has the searching for anything anywhere gotten any better in the game since 5 to 10 years ago?

Also throwing this here cos I'm lazy af:

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/an-open-world-aaa-rpg-set-in-the-dungeons-and-dragon...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 7:09pm:
Has the searching for anything anywhere gotten any better in the game since 5 to 10 years ago?

Yes. They recently overhaulted the shared item bank, now its last in first out(the way it logically should have been from motherfucking launch), searchable, and sortable by item type/ML. Realistically it was only the first improvement that was really *needed* but the rest helps.

TractorsareEpic wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 7:09pm:

https://massivelyop.com/2020/03/18/perfect-ten-original-mmos-that-never-came-to-
be/

To be brutally honest I don't give a single wet fart what's "in development". Until its available for purchase/subscription/whatever, it may as well not exist.

There was an absolutely breathtaking LOTR MMO in development before the movies came along and the studio lost the rights. LOTRO us entirely unrelated and a pale comparison to what could have been.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
So in 2028 Conan enters the public domain,  and in 2050 LotR does.  I wonder if at that point anyone could make a Conan or LotR game.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So in 2028 Conan enters the public domain,  and in 2050 LotR does.  I wonder if at that point anyone could make a Conan or LotR game.

The real question is by that point would anyone care to play it?

Rights are a very complicated thing. The original novel my go public domain in 2028, but ONLY that novel, which means the wonderful world of the Hyborian Age would still technically be covered under the later copyrights. Remember there's still a 2011 movie to deal with(which is HEAVILY under-rated, really fantastic Jason Momoa flick). So unless the entire concept of a barbarian named Conan goes PD it'll be tough to sort out the rights.

Same thing goes for LOTR - but in a worse way because the films were a much bigger hit and will definitely still be under a separate copyright. It'll be hard to separate out what came from the film and what came from the books.

Of course that brings us back around to the original question: would anyone care to play it? In the case of Conan we're talking about a nearly 100 year old IP at that point. Whether you could legally make whatever game you wanted is a less important question than "would having the conan name slapped on it be a big enough draw?"

There are currently 2 separate Conan MMOs open for buisness right now. Have you heard of either of them? Are either of them any good? Do the words "There's a Conan the Barbarian MMO!" make you immediately want to rush out and buy them? And would that change seven years from now?

While the works of Robert E. Howard have certainly enjoyed a more enduring and widespread popularity than his compatriate, H.P. Lovecraft, Lovecraft's work has been in the public domain for decades - and its still not a huge crowd please(it fucking should because it is AWESOME).

So that's really what it comes down to: are these aging IPs really going to still be popular enough to rake in the fans, instead of some hot new IP?

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 8:56pm:
Of course that brings us back around to the original question: would anyone care to play it? In the case of Conan we're talking about a nearly 100 year old IP at that point. Whether you could legally make whatever game you wanted is a less important question than "would having the conan name slapped on it be a big enough draw?"

I should clarify what I was thinking.  I was wondering if we might start seeing developer passion projects getting released in those ips once they go pd.  Not just efforts from game studios.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I should clarify what I was thinking.  I was wondering if we might start seeing developer passion projects getting released in those ips once they go pd.  Not just efforts from game studios.

In that case my answer would be "I hope so!" Conan is a fascinating world and I would love to explore it in someone's passion-project.

I also really wanna fucking see a theatrical film of At the Mountains of Madness. Like badly.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #14 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 9:30pm:
I also really wanna fucking see a theatrical film of At the Mountains of Madness. Like badly.

Ditto.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:16pm:
Ditto.

Del Torro WANTS to make it. He's apparently a big Lovecraft fan, and can you really think of another film maker who could do the story justice? Like shut up and take my money, man. And also hire Nicholas Cage to play William Dyer.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #16 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:49pm:
Del Torro WANTS to make it. He's apparently a big Lovecraft fan, and can you really think of another film maker who could do the story justice? Like shut up and take my money, man. And also hire Nicholas Cage to play William Dyer.

Del Torro would be a good director for the story.

I'd prefer Jared Leto in the lead role.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:14pm:
Del Torro would be a good director for the story.

I'd prefer Jared Leto in the lead role.

Well more importantly Del Torro actively wants to make the movie. Much better chance of it happening if a good director for the job is also interested in doing it.

As for the lead yeah I could take any actor, I just happen to be a Cage fan and I'm pretty sure he's a real-life Lovecrate protagonist(how would you better explain that man?). I'll admit his performance in The Colour Out of Space wasn't *great* - but then again that whole movie just wasn't great. Who's dumb idea was it to give the thing a modern setting, right?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #18 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:19pm:
Who's dumb idea was it to give the thing a modern setting, right?

Didn't see it. Looked awful.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:51pm:
Didn't see it. Looked awful.

It wasn't completely miserable, I don't regret watching it, it as just amazingly ok. The cinematography was excellent - I was really curious how they were going to film the effect of the eponymous "color" but they managed it well. And of course Nicolas Cage really leans into the role(like I said I'm pretty sure his day job is "Lovecraft Protagonist", acting is just a hobby). Everything else is crap. The modern setting robs the story of all it's mystery and wonder, they cut several characters, made several more of them drug addicts/alcoholics, removed the whole part about it being a farm(technically its a farm house but the family just lives there), and removed most of the truly scary scenes.

So in summary: if you aren't both a fan of Cage and Lovecraft... don't see it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint