Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Introducing: The DDO Hardcore League! (Read 5943 times)
Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Introducing: The DDO Hardcore League!
Mar 17th, 2021 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
https://ddo.com/en/Hardcore

Hardcore League Season Four arrives March 31st!

The Hardcore League is a three-month experience from March 31st through June 29th, 2021 that tests the skill of players with the ultimate penalty for failure - permadeath!

During the Hardcore League, goals are set for players, and progress is based on two factors, each with their own ladder: One tests the player’s ability to conquer as many quests as possible, and the other tests the player’s ability to survive in the hardest mode ever brought to the game.

Here are the goals and rewards for the Hardcore League:

● Reaching a Total Favor of 1750 - (coming soon)
● Reaching a Total Favor of 5000 - (coming soon)
● Gaining 10 Reaper Enhancement Points - (coming soon)
● Gaining 20 Reaper Enhancement Points - (coming soon)

A cosmetic prize will be awarded to anyone who can reach Level 20: (coming soon). The top 100 winners of the two ladders will be immortalized in the Hall of Heroes.

Once you reach a goal, speak to the Hardcore League NPC to collect your reward! The reward will be unlocked for your account, and can be accessed by any of your characters on any of the servers.

All players can access the Hardcore League server regardless of their account type! Standard account restrictions apply based on whether you are a VIP.

When the Hardcore League ends, players will have a limited time to transfer any character from the Hardcore Server to any of the existing DDO servers of their choice - even characters who have died.  These dead characters will miraculously find their way out of the Land of Lost Souls to reenter the world of the living and resume play like a normal character. It is not possible to transfer a character from another world to the Hardcore League.

FAQs - nothing new.
No mention about rules like extra lifes so far.

I wonder why they post something like this when all the news is the date ...

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Introducing: The DDO Hardcore League!
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2021 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Mar 17th, 2021 at 6:20pm:
I wonder why they post something like this when all the news is the date ...

Sp we can ignore it, of course. Hardcore league might as well be called "get another free lvl 4 gold seal hire if you own that one back" for all the use it is. Permadeath is so fucking stupid in a game as laggy as DDO.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2021 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Hey, whatever they can get the idiots to spend money on so the lights stay on is fine with me.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2021 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Nobody cares.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2021 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I paid no attention to the past HC Leagues.  I might do what noam suggested and just make a character to transfer that gs hire though.  I just have never been into perma-death.  I like trying to Leeroy Jenkins things too much.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 2:42am
Print Post  
I would love another cosmetic cloak, one that showcases what an ordinary implementation it was. Hopefully something as bad as one of the celebratory ones I have no intention on spending party favors to buy!

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Daily Dice transfers are nice, too.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
It would be nice if they held of on spreading the player base even thinner until they figure out how to merge all the regular servers.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 18th, 2021 at 12:49pm:
It would be nice if they held of on spreading the player base even thinner until they figure out how to merge all the regular servers.

While I would love a single Mega-Server,  I think the ddo server code would scream and light the server on fire if they tried it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I just have never been into perma-death. 

Its just such an insanely dumb concept on a game with as much grind as an MMO. Like if the average player could get from 1-15 in like a day and good gear took 3 runs to get, then just maybe it would be interesting. On DDO? Fuck that noise.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
If the "get to level 20" prize is good enough, I might try a Warlock or an Inquisitive or a Fire Sorc or even maybe a Pale Master leveling up to 20 in spite of the lag.

Fuck that 5000 favor or "get some reaper points" nonsense with the DDO lagtastic environment, though.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 18th, 2021 at 12:49pm:

Yes, lets merge the servers and sex-tuple the lag.  Great idea.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #12 - Mar 19th, 2021 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think the ddo server code would scream and light the server on fire if they tried it.

I guess somebody already tried it :

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
I like hardcore to transfer my gold seal hire over and I get some exp pots for some pack I bought back in the Stone Age.
I have tried HC and failed miserably 2 seasons.  Its not my playstyle at all.  I hate waiting for buffs, waiting while people read every loot item in a chest and every end reward.  I hate selling in between every few quests, and double-hate waiting on others to do it.  I also hate when people have enough money to drop to buy a full guild ship, cause I can assume they also start out with +8 tomes, on a server designed to "test the skills of players"
I hate getting lucky enough to pull a tome, but it's +1 to (dump stat). 
The most fun I had on HC was when a buddy tried to dump his guild for a bigger one while he was on the air ship and he plummeted to his death.  Even typing that made me chuckle.  It was grand.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
S_O_B wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 7:16pm:
I like hardcore to transfer my gold seal hire over and I get some exp pots for some pack I bought back in the Stone Age.
I have tried HC and failed miserably 2 seasons.  Its not my playstyle at all.  I hate waiting for buffs, waiting while people read every loot item in a chest and every end reward.  I hate selling in between every few quests, and double-hate waiting on others to do it.  I also hate when people have enough money to drop to buy a full guild ship, cause I can assume they also start out with +8 tomes, on a server designed to "test the skills of players"
I hate getting lucky enough to pull a tome, but it's +1 to (dump stat). 
The most fun I had on HC was when a buddy tried to dump his guild for a bigger one while he was on the air ship and he plummeted to his death.  Even typing that made me chuckle.  It was grand.

HC wasn’t designed for the part in red. It was designed to give people a new server with a new “main” character to spend “I’m building up my main character” levels of money on. If it were designed to test skill they would have made an even playing field.
Fuckers are even selling resist potions in the store after taking the guild resist shrines away.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #15 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 8:05pm:
Fuckers are even selling resist potions in the store after taking the guild resist shrines away.

Nah!  They said they don't do stuff like that.  They would never lie!  The sharn teleport was just a [insert bullshit here]!  The poison/disease resists not working is...

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
It is so good that they don't even introduce a new mechanic. Not like other well know sesonal/league based games.
I like the new season just to see exactly how little they have done to make it new.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #17 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 8:52pm:
make it new.

To be fair, they did make all new champion type one season, but nobody fuckign noticed lol

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #18 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/522871-My-Half-elf-FvS-is-a-party-kill...

Quote:
Found out the "fun" way today that using Half-Elf Dilettante: Warlock along with FvS's Flame of the Favored healing wall results in friendly fire that burns your party members to death (lots of debuffs from epic destinies do friendly fire with the healing wall but this is the first time I'm killed people via friendly fire). Hopefully the devs can hotfix something for it before the next season of hardcore goes live, I'd hate to die to someone running that on there. I myself now have to toggle it off so I don't kill anyone or myself again when healing.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Wait is that bug still live?  This could be a fun HCL.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Wait is that bug still live?  This could be a fun HCL.

Dare to dream Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 3:12pm:
Dare to dream Cheesy Cheesy

I propose a screen shots thread be started in the next HCL for kills in general.  Where you manage to kill the rest of your party and share a SS.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I propose a screen shots thread be started in the next HCL for kills in general.  Where you manage to kill the rest of your party and share a SS.

That would make for a fun mechanic in HCL: Eliminators. Imagine: Eliminators get Vet Status II(start at lvl 7) and their chars still have permadeath and can't be transferred back to normal after. But instead of earning points for leveling, favor, or reaper; they get points for getting other players killed, with more points awarded based on the levels.

Make Eliminator a pay-to-unlock feature Cheesy

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
S_O_B wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 7:16pm:

WTF? Does the ship disappear out from under you if you drop guild? That'd be hilarious.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 22nd, 2021 at 12:39pm:
WTF? Does the ship disappear out from under you if you drop guild? That'd be hilarious.

How about if you disband the guild? Guild meeting, everyone here.......... Roll Eyes

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint