Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Introducing: The DDO Hardcore League! (Read 5976 times)
Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Introducing: The DDO Hardcore League!
Reply #25 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Always have your feather fall item on...ALWAYS!

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #26 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
The ship disappears but don't you just fall down into the water and then teleport somewhere?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #27 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Anyone tested the no dying with no ship bug on hardcore? That would be hilarious.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #28 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 22nd, 2021 at 2:11pm:
Always have your feather fall item on...ALWAYS!

There's also a stupid bug if you get stuck you get falling damage... ff protects from that too.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Mar 22nd, 2021 at 9:42pm:
There's also a stupid bug if you get stuck you get falling damage... ff protects from that too.

Featherfall is deathward for the bug school of magic.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #30 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Always carry 2 scrolls of Icarian Flight Wink

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

newalchemist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Hardcore league is pretty fun actually, the other servers are too easy unless you're doing r10, and if you are you have to play a few meta builds, and that's pretty boring to me.

HCL? Every item is worth keeping, AH is worth visiting, plat is worth something. Honestly it reminds me of how the game was when we first played DDO.

But yeah the permadeath is kinda rough, maybe 1 life per level or per 5 levels or something. Or when you die you lose some levels, not only because it's hard to invest in someone you know might be deleted in a few hours, but because of all the killingbugs.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #32 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 8:05am
Print Post  
newalchemist wrote on Mar 26th, 2021 at 12:41am:
But yeah the permadeath is kinda rough

I was thinking how about a time out when you die, one day cant play maybe

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #33 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
So, other than feeling like a newb again experiencing vanilla modern ddo, and aside from bloody murder footprints, what are the reasons people play hardcore server?  Is it just fun? The challenge?  Or is there some way winning there makes you win better on your regular account/server?

I usually use the dog days of hardcore season to lament and TR.  but now I’m done TR’ing on my main and don’t like the feeling s I’m getting as I look at all my single digit alt TR’s...  someone hive something to work with here. I know I rushed to a stoplight but I’m flagging all my alts, they are almost all geared and am presently flagging them for all raids so I don’t have to constantly buy timers knowing that they are all going to loot the stuff eachother needs and consoling myself as I see my runes add up slowly..

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Mar 26th, 2021 at 10:50pm:
So, other than feeling like a newb again experiencing vanilla modern ddo, and aside from bloody murder footprints, what are the reasons people play hardcore server?  Is it just fun? The challenge?  Or is there some way winning there makes you win better on your regular account/server?

I usually use the dog days of hardcore season to lament and TR.  but now I’m done TR’ing on my main and don’t like the feeling s I’m getting as I look at all my single digit alt TR’s...  someone hive something to work with here. I know I rushed to a stoplight but I’m flagging all my alts, they are almost all geared and am presently flagging them for all raids so I don’t have to constantly buy timers knowing that they are all going to loot the stuff eachother needs and consoling myself as I see my runes add up slowly..

The attraction(if you can call it that) is that you have a lot more players online and group-play is actually a thing. There is also a vibrant economy/auction house going on. So two of the major things missing from the regular DDO experience.

No, it provides no benefit whatsoever for your main/main account. Basically unless you feel like starting another alt and possibly getting some neat cosmetics for it... yeah.

Its just dumb.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint