Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Re-Shader Help (Read 9317 times)
Charon
Ex Member

Re: Re-Shader Help
Reply #50 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Mar 26th, 2021 at 10:43pm:
Dang yo, I’m playing on a piece of shite made from 3 Frankenstein computers..  rocking the sweet 19” widescreen from 2011.  OG shit.  Don’t duck wit it. Though, I did just score a sweet nvidea 560gtx on CL for $25! 

What techies know how I get win7 64 to notice all my ram with fucking up my bios?  The base pc is an older dell i7 intel board.  I got 16g, but only uses 8 of 16 in msconfig.  So it sees all of it but only uses half.  Sorry for the hi Jack.

Check the connectors.  Sorry for the canned response,  but my experience is that it really is the most likely cause.

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 1:21am
Print Post  
I have not read the thread, or even who posted it, but I will add that Axer was truly one sweaty keyboard warrior. Hail to the once and future idiot.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #52 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Mar 26th, 2021 at 10:43pm:
Dang yo, I’m playing on a piece of shite made from 3 Frankenstein computers..  rocking the sweet 19” widescreen from 2011.  OG shit.  Don’t duck wit it. Though, I did just score a sweet nvidea 560gtx on CL for $25! 

What techies know how I get win7 64 to notice all my ram with fucking up my bios?  The base pc is an older dell i7 intel board.  I got 16g, but only uses 8 of 16 in msconfig.  So it sees all of it but only uses half.  Sorry for the hi Jack.

Are you using 1 stick or 2?

If 2 sticks, take out 1 and see how much its showing. If it says 4g then its a system recognition thing, if still 8gb then 1 of your sticks is bad.

Also check the original specs - its possible the board literally does not support sticks over 4gb.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #53 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
4x4gb

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #54 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
It sees it just not utilizing it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #55 - Mar 28th, 2021 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Did you try taking a few sticks out?

If it can read all 4 gigs of 1 stick it should be able to do 16. That is a fuckin weird problem.

What version of windows are you on? As in what exact version: Home, pro, edu, etc, 32, 64?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Mar 28th, 2021 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 28th, 2021 at 12:47pm:
Did you try taking a few sticks out?

If it can read all 4 gigs of 1 stick it should be able to do 16. That is a fuckin weird problem.

What version of windows are you on? As in what exact version: Home, pro, edu, etc, 32, 64?

Yeah Win 7 Home Basic can only access 8 gb.  Need to upgrade OS to either a better 7, 8 10 or Linux.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #57 - Mar 28th, 2021 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yeah Win 7 Home Basic can only access 8 gb.  Need to upgrade OS to either a better 7, 8 10 or Linux.

Avoid Windows 8 like the plague.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #58 - Mar 28th, 2021 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Technomage wrote on Mar 28th, 2021 at 3:42pm:

Microsoft has a surprisingly predictable track record where every other OS release is garbage. 3.11? Amazing. 95? Crap. 98? Amazing! ME? You get the idea. 8 is definitely hot garbage. & is good and 10 is like the second coming of XP.

If you can make due with a slightly reduced feature-set, you might try out Windows 10 Ameliorated:

https://archive.org/details/windows-10-ameliorated-1903

Its a heavily stripped-down windows 10 build designed for stability and functionality. No spyware, no automatic updates, edge browser, etc. Its worth taking a look, if you don't need things like cortona.

Now of course it goes without saying that the ISO file on that link is strictly for evaluation purposes only and you should purchase a legitimate user license if you intend to make it your main OS. Obviously here on the vault forum we would never recommend software piracy.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Mar 28th, 2021 at 6:16pm
Print Post  

They all make me want to vomit.  Picking windows versions is like picking what flavor of shit you want to eat. 

Yes windows has more games, and it is the only valid reason to touch the damn thing.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #60 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 12:06pm
Print Post  

My formerly windows 8 pc got a free upgrade to 8.1 and eventually to windows 10. I don't know if they are still offering that.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #61 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 31st, 2021 at 12:06pm:
My formerly windows 8 pc got a free upgrade to 8.1 and eventually to windows 10. I don't know if they are still offering that.

You can still upgrade Windows 7 and 8/8.1 to Windows 10 for free if you know how.

Search around on zdnet.com for an article on how to do it. It still works as I just upgraded a Windows 7 PC for free on Monday.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #62 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
I’m trying it out now.  Thanks for the lead.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 28th, 2021 at 4:46pm:
Microsoft has a surprisingly predictable track record where every other OS release is garbage. 3.11? Amazing. 95? Crap. 98? Amazing! ME? You get the idea. 8 is definitely hot garbage. & is good and 10 is like the second coming of XP.

If you can make due with a slightly reduced feature-set, you might try out Windows 10 Ameliorated:

https://archive.org/details/windows-10-ameliorated-1903

Its a heavily stripped-down windows 10 build designed for stability and functionality. No spyware, no automatic updates, edge browser, etc. Its worth taking a look, if you don't need things like cortona.

Now of course it goes without saying that the ISO file on that link is strictly for evaluation purposes only and you should purchase a legitimate user license if you intend to make it your main OS. Obviously here on the vault forum we would never recommend software piracy.

You run that version?  Does it actually run well with the mods?  It might make a nice VM image.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #64 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Now you post that shite as I’m half way through my installation.  C’mon man I thoughts weez wuz frens?! 

To make up for your heinous crime equivalent to telling me about how all the raid items I have been farming over 59 raids finally dropped on the 60th one that I happened to miss...yeah that guy, I now need information about how I can install this “missed raid item” version of windows 10  over my existing windows 10 so I can get rid of all the shit that I don’t need. 

Uhhgh

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #65 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You run that version?  Does it actually run well with the mods?  It might make a nice VM image.

I haven't actually tried it myself, but I'm told its quite a bit more stable than regular windows 10. It has however missing a few core features. If you punch "windows 10 ameliorated edition" into youtube you can find some reviews of it. It would probably be fantastic for a VM image, especially if you just need a native win10 environment for some program to run in while you linux it up.

Mattyo wrote on Mar 31st, 2021 at 2:42pm:
Now you post that shite as I’m half way through my installation.  C’mon man I thoughts weez wuz frens?! 

To make up for your heinous crime equivalent to telling me about how all the raid items I have been farming over 59 raids finally dropped on the 60th one that I happened to miss...yeah that guy, I now need information about how I can install this “missed raid item” version of windows 10  over my existing windows 10 so I can get rid of all the shit that I don’t need. 

Uhhgh

Yeah unfortunately all that shit has to be removed from the ISO image file BEFORE you install it. Sorry bro. I posted it like 4 days ago. Where you been at?

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #66 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Shoot man, you gotta wave your arms and throw shit at me to get past the overstimulation firewall!

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #67 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
I just downloaded it and it is either I am having a common issue where win 7 to 10 upgrade makes the Ethernet adapter turn on and off orrrrrr, it could be that I need to go pay my bill.  I’ll let you know what happens after I pay the bill.  (Secret Answer: blame the computer not my lack of responsibility of course.)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #68 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Mar 31st, 2021 at 7:08pm:
Shoot man, you gotta wave your arms and throw shit at me to get past the overstimulation firewall!

i can't do that on the internet!

Anyway wise man say: do a clean install, not an upgrade.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 31st, 2021 at 9:08pm:
i can't do that on the internet!

Anyway wise man say: do a clean install, not an upgrade.

Well upgrade first,  get the license and activation,  then clean install.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #70 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 8:01am
Print Post  
If you're now stuck with a full 10 install and want to trim Store Apps, etc. then you could try https://getblackbird.net/

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #71 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well upgrade first,  get the license and activation,  then clean install.

Yes. Absolutely get an activation. No one on the Vault would ever recommend or advise software piracy. WINK. WINK.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 1st, 2021 at 2:05pm:
Yes. Absolutely get an activation. No one on the Vault would ever recommend or advise software piracy. WINK. WINK.

If youn want to be legal you can buy a win 8 key for sub 10 dollars upgrade it to 10 then have a clean legal 10 activation to clean install.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #73 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If youn want to be legal you can buy a win 8 key for sub 10 dollars upgrade it to 10 then have a clean legal 10 activation to clean install. 

How are you still able to upgrade the 8 key? I was under the impression the stopped doing that. I don't actually have a fucking clue, I'm pretty sure I've never actually owned a legit copy of windows that didn't come pre-loaded.

Ahem. Of course. As far as I know. All my windows licenses are legit.

Yup.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Apr 1st, 2021 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 1st, 2021 at 7:13pm:
How are you still able to upgrade the 8 key? I was under the impression the stopped doing that. I don't actually have a fucking clue, I'm pretty sure I've never actually owned a legit copy of windows that didn't come pre-loaded.

Ahem. Of course. As far as I know. All my windows licenses are legit.

Yup.

If you have 7 or 8 Legal clean install,  you can still upgrade for free.  You just have to make a windows boot usb and boot off of that and select upgrade rather than doing a clean install.  After the upgrade it then registers a copy of windows 10 to your system.  You can clean install and sign in with your MS ID and the system will activate and you have a legal copy of 10 still.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint