Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 4.9 version 35849 (Read 13814 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Update 4.9 version 35849
Reply #50 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Apr 15th, 2021 at 8:12pm:
I never got into Asheron’s Call but I remember when it came out.   Was that primarily a pvp game?

Thats one of those things that depends entirely on who you ask.

Yes it had open-world always on PvP similar to Ultima Online. BUT there were no leagues, no points, no organized events. The choice to participate was entirely personal(and mainly focused on greed since you got the most valuable item in the person you killed's bag.

But its funny, I've known a lot of long-time AC players; some thought PvP WAS the game, some thought it was a small aspect of it, and some never touched it and thought it was dumb.

So I wouldn't call it "primarily a pvp game" in the same way modern games focus on PvP.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #51 - Apr 16th, 2021 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:28pm:
wtf you drink it and it disconnects you?

Nope.  They send you a dupe of the server of your choice.  It looks one of these.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #52 - Apr 16th, 2021 at 9:08am
Print Post  
I played EQ rallos zek at the time which was pvp in all zones.  So people would be in a safe spot from npc guards and killing people at the bank and looting etc.  It eventually turned into only being able to kill people +/- 4 levels of you and you could no longer loot bags.  I really don’t miss it.  My friends got me into that game and started this whole ...problem..

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Apr 16th, 2021 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Apr 16th, 2021 at 8:19am:
Nope.  They send you a dupe of the server of your choice.  It looks one of these.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/45/Raspberry_Pi_-_Model_A...

Well it's not a model A but I just built a CMANGOS server on a Tinkerboard.  For 1 - 2 people it plays WoW better than the DDO servers play DDO.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

Reply #54 - Apr 16th, 2021 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well it's not a model A but I just built a CMANGOS server on a Tinkerboard.  For 1 - 2 people it plays WoW better than the DDO servers play DDO.

I had to go and look that (CMANGOS) up.  Sounds nifty as.  I miss WoW a bit these days.

IP Logged

oldiebutgoodie
Korthos Resident

Justa Gamer

Reply #55 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 4:54am
Print Post  
would anyone be able to put a realistic figure on what it would take to fix the code? just the game at its current state, and then put a realistic figure on what it would take to upscale assets, and majorly address the gameplay flaws from a coding aspect, take that figure and shove it up your asses... just playin fellas and wannabe ladies lol. seriously tho, what kind of dollar figure u think it would take someone with code sources to be able to accomplish this??

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 9:08am
Print Post  
oldiebutgoodie wrote on Apr 17th, 2021 at 4:54am:
hurr durr I can't read

ftfy

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #57 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
would anyone be able to put a realistic figure on what it would take to fix the code? just the game at its current state, and then put a realistic figure on what it would take to upscale assets, and majorly address the gameplay flaws from a coding aspect, take that figure and shove it up your asses... just playin fellas and wannabe ladies lol. seriously tho, what kind of dollar figure u think it would take someone with code sources to be able to accomplish this??

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

Reply #58 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 5:43pm
Print Post  

$0.00

Investing money in a tired old piece of shit like DDO would be like trying to renovate this place.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
That's funny, because when I read the "give me an estimate" post, I was thinking.......tell me how much it would cost to fix my house....without looking at it and knowing what a shitshow it is.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #60 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
2 to 3 million, team would ONLY work on this, would take 2 years, 2.5 to 3 maybe  my guess

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Apr 17th, 2021 at 8:14pm:
2 to 3 million, team would ONLY work on this, would take 2 years, 2.5 to 3 maybe  my guess

And they'd have to hire experienced engineers to do it,  not fresh grads.  Nothing against fresh grads,  just the scope of something like this would really be helped by experience.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #62 - Apr 17th, 2021 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Apr 16th, 2021 at 1:22pm:
I had to go and look that (CMANGOS) up.  Sounds nifty as.  I miss WoW a bit these days.

I started playing with it a few years ago when I was learning the basics of sql. I decided I wanted a "real" server to start poking around in rather than just examples "Dog Walkers Palace" etc.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #63 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 4:46pm
Print Post  

Its not a question of money or time.

They are in this place because of mistakes in the design. Mistakes they started to make over a decade ago. They failed to plan ahead and now it's killing them.

So I guess the real answer to your question is: how much would it cost to build a time machine?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #64 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
I guess my real question about this update is two parts:

~ Will the larger player base notice the problem with the changes
~ Will they complain if they do

For me, the last lama was a shit show both performance and bow changes, but that could just be me (its not). I'll also say that the devs know that it is shit, between dev chat and Lynnabell's insanely self-defensive posts at the end of the week and yesterday reveal.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Reply #65 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 18th, 2021 at 4:54pm:
I guess my real question about this update is two parts:

~ Will the larger player base notice the problem with the changes
~ Will they complain if they do

For me, the last lama was a shit show both performance and bow changes, but that could just be me (its not). I'll also say that the devs know that it is shit, between dev chat and Lynnabell's insanely self-defensive posts at the end of the week and yesterday reveal.

~ Not sure if the larger player base will notice much, I doubt that most players have 100% DS or non-damage proc builds. I even go as far as most people don't actually have good builds. Unless basic paladin or barb counts as a good build.

~ The complainers will be swarmed by the forum paladins and will get an infraction/ban if they dare to talk back.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #66 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Apr 18th, 2021 at 7:19pm:
~ The complainers will be swarmed by the forum paladins and will get an infraction/ban if they dare to talk back.

So just another Tuesday, then?

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #67 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Apr 18th, 2021 at 7:19pm:

Yep!  That's exactly how my second mobo account got banned.  Jerry the Hutt certainly looks out for his zipper lickers.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Apr 18th, 2021 at 10:09pm:
Yep!  That's exactly how my second mobo account got banned.  Jerry the Hutt certainly looks out for his zipper lickers.

Hey,  how's he supposed to get through the morning without nutter butters, and nutter fluffers.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #69 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Its tough tio imagine being so bad at my job people have cnversations like this about me. I can't imagine many of the WoW devs garner this much hatred Tongue

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 19th, 2021 at 12:34pm:
Its tough tio imagine being so bad at my job people have cnversations like this about me. I can't imagine many of the WoW devs garner this much hatred Tongue

My sweet summer child.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #71 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/523317-Hardcore-has-the-lag-improved#p...

An ugly fatman in Boston wrote: Quote:
We did some work on Friday's Hardcore downtime to make some improvements in the hardware and related virtual software environments, which is part of why yesterday's Hardcore downtime went longer than expected. Additionally, we have performance changes most likely hitting the live servers later this week with the release of Update 49. Hearing from you about what level of difference it makes will be very useful later this week.

And his many buttkissers rejoiced.

Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
I'll make sure to give them feedback on performance. Just as soon as this loading screen finishes.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #73 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Lol update 49 this week. I’m guessing Wed

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #74 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint