Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 4.9 version 35849 (Read 13876 times)
Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

So much bullshit
Reply #75 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/523594-The-Net-Effect-of-Less-Effects/...

Jerry chinking wrote Quote:
This isn't about a specific instance nor is it about raid groups; rather, this is about parties with lots of effects causing issues with our Effects Queue, which is a core info channel of sorts. So, number of players or specific instances aren't relevant; when the effects queue gets backed up, whether there are two people in the group or twelve, it impacts everyone using that bit of hardware and software environment on that particular server, which is different than the kind of "server" known as Ghallanda or Sarlona or whatever.

Any questions about whether this queue line of spin was the new dazzling bullshit from the Devs to cover is dispelled when Jerry starts spouting it like this. I don't know what those fuckers are actually up to, but at this point, the constant cycle of new BS is almost humorous.

Whereas this little gem just makes me grind my teeth:

Jerry the Hut wrote: Quote:
In terms of forum feedback, it has been useful to read about the impact of Friday's changes to Hardcore before it gets potentially harder to parse out when Update 49 goes live this week. We are also very much looking forward to getting targeted post-release feedback on the changes in Update 49.

Or to be more specific: Quote:
We are also very much looking forward to getting targeted post-release feedback on the changes in Update 49.

Oh? you're looking forward to it? why? you have ignored all the targeted lamannia feedback on this update you lying fucknut, you and your little cococunt and Lyingbell helper monkies.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/523317-Hardcore-has-the-lag-improved/p...

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Re: Update 4.9 version 35849
Reply #76 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Yeah, Jerry NoBrains didn’t even fucking bother reading that thread he responded to in your first quote.  His response answered absolutely nothing being asked there, while coming across as condescending AND uninformed at the same time.

Good thing his utter bullshit didn’t even get 5 minutes before it got called out for being just that.

Seriously, if they’re paying that moron anything over whatever Massachusetts’s minimum wage is, they’re overpaying him.  Hell, for his job performance, they’re overpaying if they’re paying him anything.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
We're looking forward to feedback.

Here is some feedback.

BANNED!!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #78 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Yeah, Fat Jerry already deleted the posts calling him out for having the reading comprehension of a garden slug.  Looks like DjangoKeys is about to get banned.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #79 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
we need a mirror of the forums so we can see what they delete

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #80 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Apr 19th, 2021 at 5:59pm:
Yeah, Fat Jerry already deleted the posts calling him out for having the reading comprehension of a garden slug.  Looks like DjangoKeys is about to get banned.

I don't expect this post to survive so here's a screenie.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #81 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Seriously, how does Jerry still have a job there?

I just don't get how the company could continue to employ a face who gets so many complaints and negative criticism (across 2 games and from numerous pwebsite /game blogs etc).

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

Reply #82 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Apr 19th, 2021 at 8:54pm:
I don't expect this post to survive so here's a screenie.

*snip*

Oops.  Just realised I forgot to finish the 'no surprise' paragraph which makes no sense at all.  Oh well.  Stupid me.

I'm in such a foul mood today.  So tired of explaining to a corporation that their careers website has a flaw that prevents me logging in.  They keep telling me to change my password.  ffs.

The account was made by a third party recruitment company that handled the job application.  The details obviously got sent through internally and corporation acknowledge the account exists, but the corp, like so many, get their web work done by someone else and have no idea what to do when it doesn't work.

The login page (and server side) is not allowing for newer domain names.  My email address ends with .email so their integrity checking tells me it's not valid.  I've always hated sites that implement email address integrity checking because the world changes and the fuckwit designer never thinks what can go wrong with integrity checking and there's a shitload of fuckwit designers in the world.

Fuckin' /roar

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

Reply #83 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Nub wrote on Apr 19th, 2021 at 9:15pm:
Seriously, how does Jerry still have a job there?

I just don't get how the company could continue to employ a face who gets so many complaints and negative criticism (across 2 games and from numerous pwebsite /game blogs etc).

He makes the best braids.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #84 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
he fucking owns a huge stake in ssg

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

Reply #85 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 1:59am
Print Post  
My day continues.

I guess no one watches the board while Jelly sleeps.

I can't believe I've made more posts over there than here ...

I wonder if Jelly will recall he asked me to change my sig.  Always happy to oblige.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #86 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 6:14am
Print Post  
It’s not like I wish financial ruin on the bulbous pile of shit, but that brain dead idiot should be fucking up entire drive thru lanes of fast food orders, and not failing miserably at being a company face and pretending that he even has as much as a hint as to what’s going on around him.

Seriously, a fucking garden slug has a better idea what’s going on than that failed primate.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 10:51am
Print Post  
I think I know whats causing (to some extent) the increased lag....

Someone updated mob AI... mobs are using tactics now that they weren't using prior to a few months ago...  thousands of little adjustments and changes each instance every few seconds as they avoid getting shot by approaching while using trees, bushes, rocks, or even a fucking signpost for cover.

it's adding too much onto the top end... so SOMETHING has to go.

SSG is one of those Company's who's not going to admit they were wrong... so players will pay the price by losing procs, reducing double shot/strike... etc..

SSG added WAY to much to the processing que, so to re-balance the load they once again remove effects that benefit the players

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #88 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 11:45am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 10:51am:
SSG is one of those Company's who's not going to admit they were wrong... so players will pay the price by losing procs, reducing double shot/strike... etc..

Indeed. Remember their progenitor company, Turbine, could/would not admit there was a problem with monster aggro in their Asheron's Call game for YEARS until one day, conveniently enough, after most people forgot about or ignored the bug, one of the Turbine Devs posted they found the issue. This is more commonly known as the "Wi Flag bug."

https://asheron.fandom.com/wiki/Wi_Flag

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #89 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Was the mob AI change around the same time the changed the reaper spawns?  I noticed a distinct quality change when that happened..

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #90 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 11:45am:
Indeed. Remember their progenitor company, Turbine, could/would not admit there was a problem with monster aggro in their Asheron's Call game for YEARS until one day, conveniently enough, after most people forgot about or ignored the bug, one of the Turbine Devs posted they found the issue. This is more commonly known as the "Wi Flag bug."

https://asheron.fandom.com/wiki/Wi_Flag

Fascinating, thanks for the read.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #91 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 10:51am:
I think I know whats causing (to some extent) the increased lag....

Someone updated mob AI... mobs are using tactics now that they weren't using prior to a few months ago...  thousands of little adjustments and changes each instance every few seconds as they avoid getting shot by approaching while using trees, bushes, rocks, or even a fucking signpost for cover.

it's adding too much onto the top end... so SOMETHING has to go.

SSG added WAY to much to the processing que, so to re-balance the load they once again remove effects that benefit the players

I think the game is hitting performance ceiling in so many places that the above is absolutely partially true. Staggering lag in No Refunds almost every run; lag events occur pretty regularly when mobs spawn. If they adjust for bigger hits fewer times correctly, I wouldn't mind the trade off if it decreases that lag some. I did notice a reduction in reaper lag during the quest when they began loading reaper points upon entry and exit.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Had something new happen to me yesterday...

Joined a simple R2 heroic Flashmaker..

Running on my Bladeforged Inquisitor Arti chasing my iPLs & hPLs simultaneously. We blew through it like it was nothing... no real lag.. no issues I could think of...

Climbed up the ladder and killed the first Air Elemental in preparation for slapping runes on my side so we can do the end fight.......

Client closed instantly to desktop.... no error, not even the slightest HINT of lag... just desktop...

Game won't let me back in.. stuck with clearing old instance.. close and try again...

Hangs for a few seconds on 'Connection Successful' or whatever... and I'm in....

Sitting outside the fucking gate leading into the Orchard....

I was so pissed I logged and watched some TV instead

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #93 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 1:11pm:
Had something new happen to me yesterday...

Joined a simple R2 heroic Flashmaker..

Running on my Bladeforged Inquisitor Arti chasing my iPLs & hPLs simultaneously. We blew through it like it was nothing... no real lag.. no issues I could think of...

Climbed up the ladder and killed the first Air Elemental in preparation for slapping runes on my side so we can do the end fight.......

Client closed instantly to desktop.... no error, not even the slightest HINT of lag... just desktop...

Game won't let me back in.. stuck with clearing old instance.. close and try again...

Hangs for a few seconds on 'Connection Successful' or whatever... and I'm in....

Sitting outside the fucking gate leading into the Orchard....

I was so pissed I logged and watched some TV instead

Disconnecting like that has been pretty standard for me lately.  Thought it was just me from using weird hardware.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Disconnecting like that has been pretty standard for me lately.  Thought it was just me from using weird hardware.

It's never happened like that before.. I've DCed a TON of times.. but there's always some kind of warning first.. sluggish, yellow connection star.. serious lag.. that kind of shit.. this was just instant.. like I'd used the Task Manager to instantly close the client.. it surprised the hell out of me.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #95 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 2:16pm:
It's never happened like that before.. I've DCed a TON of times.. but there's always some kind of warning first.. sluggish, yellow connection star.. serious lag.. that kind of shit.. this was just instant.. like I'd used the Task Manager to instantly close the client.. it surprised the hell out of me.

Yeah past week it just goes and does that for me on a regular basis.  Been playing other games,  shit's so fucked right now that DDO is more for logging in to look at the train wreck rather than to play a game.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #96 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 3:55pm
Print Post  

Not for nothing, but I haven't seen lag issues in DDO in over ten years.

THERE IS ONLY ONE SOLUTION TO DDO LAG.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #97 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 3:55pm:
Not for nothing, but I haven't seen lag issues in DDO in over ten years.

THERE IS ONLY ONE SOLUTION TO DDO LAG.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #98 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Maybe they should've deflated the stupid HP on mobs so a group doesn't add 800 effect procs per mob before they're dead.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #99 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 4:24pm:
Maybe they should've deflated the stupid HP on mobs so a group doesn't add 800 effect procs per mob before they're dead.

Nah, we'd just gather more mobs up if we could kill them quicker.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint