Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Remember when Arkat had a spine? (Read 2659 times)
The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Remember when Arkat had a spine?
Apr 21st, 2021 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/523780-What-do-you-think-of-the-U49-ch...

Shame to see this, but no surprise, mister 'I'm edgy' Technomage had to play ball to get those DDOcast invites I guess. What a fucking phoney lol!

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Arkat 2
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Remember when Arkat had a spine?
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
shh... Let the grown-ups talk, you will learn something if you pay attention little nooby

Cool Cool

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
wait, techno?  i thouight arkat was arkat.  god damn it.  I'd pay 2001 dollars to figure this out!   Grin

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 6:59pm:
wait, techno?  i thouight arkat was arkat.  god damn it.  I'd pay 2001 dollars to figure this out!   Grin

Just assume that everyone,  including you, is Grand.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
You're a fucking moron.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:07pm:
You're a fucking moron.

Hello pot.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Just assume that everyone,  including you, is Grand.

I AM GROOT!

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:31pm:
I AM GROOT!

HODOR

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:37pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #10 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:56pm
Print Post  

He is

IP Logged

Arkat 2
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 10:52pm
Print Post  

Arkat is Arkat except when he is Arkat 2. How about you?

Ni Hao HuanYing

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #12 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 11:37pm
Print Post  

Yessir Arkat is Technomage, has been for almost 6 years.

See it is an open secret that when Arkat hit a post count of 12345 in August 2015 he retired the account because he saw some other cool Vaulties do that when they hit 12345, and if there is anything that that old Lava diver is, it is unoriginal. His idea of personality is much akin to Dick Cheney's wardrobe: both are half-hearted attempts to distract from the round shape and unimpressive core of the old white guy they are swathed around, unable to camouflage the boring mediocrity their entitled lives allowed to florish.

Grin Grin Grin

Here is what would have been Akrat's last post:
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1440635214/9#9 ;

But then after Rubbins provoked him a couple years later he couldn't help himself and had to use it again to post a rebuttal and then ask Strake to reset the post count of the retired account so he could still copy the "cool kids":

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1516386754/6#6

The whole episode has amused many of us to no end and is a handy reminder that sometimes old Arkat's insecurity knows no bounds and that he craves approval from what he sees as Authority. Pretty typical for social stunted nerds. Of course

Postscript: Funny little aside, old Arkat used to accuse people of being socks all the time, and never failed to try to infer that because an account might be a sock, that any argument it made could be ignored instead of debated. He has always had a real boner for Sock accounts and Strake evil mastermind that he is would hint or tell Arkat/technomage some accounts were socks... and then forbid him from sharing the info or that he had been told. Arakat/Technomage fucking looooooooves feeling like he is 'in the know', but he wasn't allowed to post why he knew or he wouldn't get more "info".  As you might imagine this was and is torture for him and never fails to make Strake cackle with glee. And poor old Arkat/techno? well he never fails to fall the trap again and again and again.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Thus ends today's lesson in Vault history.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
This dumbass Marshall Lannes said"

I voted like. Yes, there is some lag on the load screens but I expect that will be ironed out in a day or so. I saw the note about changes to Holy Retribution so I went and tried it and there is nothing I notice. In fact, with the new double strike changes, you get some amazing critical hits. Some serious big numbers on eSoS. So, a tentative thumbs-up pending more testing (also haven't run the new quests yet). "

How did this monkey retard even get an Esos, he keeps talking about how difficult reaper is and his mini thor bullshit.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 11:37pm:

See it is an open secret that when Arkat hit a post count of 12345 in August 2015 he retired the account because he saw some other cool Vaulties do that when they hit 12345, and if there is anything that that old Lava diver is, it is unoriginal. His idea of personality is much akin to Dick Cheney's wardrobe: both are half-hearted attempts to distract from the round shape and unimpressive core of the old white guy they are swathed around, unable to camouflage the boring mediocrity their entitled lives allowed to florish.

Grin Grin Grin

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1440635214/9#9 

But then after Rubbins provoked him a couple years later he couldn't help himself and had to use it again to post a rebuttal and then ask Strake to reset the post count of the retired account so he could still copy the "cool kids":

The whole episode has amused many of us to no end and is a handy reminder that sometimes old Arkat's insecurity knows no bounds and that he craves approval from what he sees as Authority. Pretty typical for social stunted nerds. Of course

Postscript: Funny little aside, old Arkat used to accuse people of being socks all the time, and never failed to try to infer that because an account might be a sock, that any argument it made could be ignored instead of debated. He has always had a real boner for Sock accounts and Strake evil mastermind that he is would hint or tell Arkat/technomage some accounts were socks... and then forbid him from sharing the info or that he had been told. Arakat/Technomage fucking looooooooves feeling like he is 'in the know', but he wasn't allowed to post why he knew or he wouldn't get more "info".  As you might imagine this was and is torture for him and never fails to make Strake cackle with glee. And poor old Arkat/techno? well he never fails to fall the trap again and again and again.

This post was Grand. I'm very impressed by your recall.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 11:56pm
Print Post  

Grin Grin Grin

Is this your origin story?

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 12:18am
Print Post  
I think we should have a new subforum named "Tales from the Grand"

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 12:18am
Print Post  

Grin Grin Grin

I just love it when someone is outed.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 12:20am
Print Post  
You can explain the origin and demise of KNN, and maybe tell us the story of Stainer.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #19 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Sooooo, how many dramas does this saga have? Can't wait to watch

Grand endgame

IP Logged

Spandex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 3:38am
Print Post  
What an enthralling tale.....please tell more. I would like to hear the grandest of grand tale you have.

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Quote:

He's just a smarty  Roll Eyes

Grand wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:08am:
I'm a big believer in the old adage saw that you should never make a bet you can't afford to lose!

Welcher.

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #22 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 3:45am
Print Post  

SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 11:51pm:
This post was Grand. I'm very impressed by your recall.

Thank you, you are too kind. Keeping track of stuff back then was kind of a big requirement for me
  Wink

Quote:

Alas no, as to what is?  all I can say is our background is... complicated.

SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 12:18am:
I think we should have a new subforum named "Tales from the Grand"

That certainly would be a way to get Skoodge active again, not to mention the angst it would cause poor old Sobsobsob. Not to mention how it would drive the 4-5 stalker accounts that are obsessed with me out of their minds! 
Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 12:18am:
I just love it when someone is outed.

And I just love it when I'm in someone.

SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 12:20am:
..maybe tell us the story of Stainer.

Ah! If I remember correctly Papa Strake posted an amazing summary of the Stainer saga prompted by Kistilan's brief return last year.

SpaceGoat wrote on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 12:20am:
You can explain the origin and demise of KNN,

As to KNN, He was a guy who was posting under the fake name of Teh_Troll in the spring of 2015 who got just fucking massacred a couple months later in the summer and cloned (successfully... lol!) and then made a few socks that didn't do much. In October 2015 he made the KNN account (called Deadeye at first) and then rather naively made a real open-hearted post about how upset he was bow combat changes which unsurprisingly was mocked and torn to shreds.

From that point on he started trying to model a persona and his posts on the ones that caused him the most grief previously, copying all the tactics that humiliated him. For example he didn't know how to post gifs and memes at first, but after he was hammered by them he picked it up and started to flood them back. It was the same thing, with videos, vault slang, socks, account name changes, etc... if you go back and read through his first three weeks posting with that account you will see the learning curve there.

And then of course he finally figured out the secret: only Strake can make you quit, nobody else can force you, and the Big guys loves chaos so all he had to do was hang in there.

By late October 2 established vaulties ( Wink) reached out to help P4P (god that name was funny lol) to at first help him out and then eventually to take over the account whenever he tapped out now and then. Other than that Old Puerto Potty (another classic) got drunk on the trolling as so many of us do! lol. After the sock monster retired, KNN's helper monkies dropped-out and he started running out of steam, (a common risk a troll runs when he frames his drama primarily with one conflict) also by then his posts were being blocked 80% of the vault via the script and was out of the scene a little more than 3 months later.

Other than that, Deadeye/KNN/Mafealian (his Sarlona handle) went back to playing, but he brought along his new Troll social vibe and was booted by his guild within a month and caught a ban by the end of the summer of '17.

Artorias wrote on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 2:02am:
Sooooo, how many dramas does this saga have? Can't wait to watch

Grand endgame

The story arcs and easter eggs of the VCU* are truly endless! lol

Shocked

So now you know, and knowing is half the battle!
Smiley Smiley Smiley

*Vault Cinematic universe

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #23 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 5:59am
Print Post  
I stopped watching television about 25 years ago and this thread makes me feel like I've just caught up with every episode of Days, General Hospital, Bold and the Beautiful, Dallas and the Benny Hill show.

All that's missing is a commercial for the Dupe Store.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 9:43am
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 5:59am:
I stopped watching television about 25 years ago and this thread makes me feel like I've just caught up with every episode of Days, General Hospital, Bold and the Beautiful, Dallas and the Benny Hill show.

All that's missing is a commercial for the Dupe Store.

I wish I knew Adobe AfterEffects I would make that teaser commercial.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint