Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) So is emergency hotfix for some duping thing, or because they broke something so bad they (Read 3587 times)
bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

So is emergency hotfix for some duping thing, or because they broke something so bad they
Apr 21st, 2021 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
had to shut it down?  or why not both?

IP Logged

johnnyonthespot
Korthos Resident

I Do Cocaine

Re: So is emergency hotfix for some duping thing, or because they broke something so bad they
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
And... its down

That was fast

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: So is emergency hotfix for some duping thing, or because they broke something so bad they
Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Fixing ladders I'm told.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Arrows and other ammo were selling in vendors for about 100 times the usual price.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 6:21pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The DDO game worlds are temporarily unavailable while we investigate game performance and other issues. The game worlds will remain down overnight, and we will have more information tomorrow morning. We are currently working to deploy a game update to address these issues.

wow what a bunch of fuck ups

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
So that makes 2 things they've emergency nerfed: horses in taverns, and ammunition being worth too much worthless plat. Go SSG!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #7 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
How those fucktards must be code illiterates to let such fuckup go live ?

Oh gosh I thought I was unproffessional when I started my career as a douchebag yuppie - but those guys hits the scale to the roof.

How the fuck they screw this ? Was there a code monkey that changed arrows base price when Cordo and Sev were licking each others ass during stream ? Was there a funny guy they hired that got this idea - why not change something between Lammania build and live deploy! What could possibly go wrong?!

You shouldn't fire original core coders in the first place you fucktards. Sev on the stream also slipped that they are not gonna touch nor bring new challeges because they don't know how they work in code...

Is there any responsible person somewhere up the ladder to fire those retards immediately?

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:48pm:
You shouldn't fire original core coders in the first place you fucktards. Sev on the stream also slipped that they are not gonna touch nor bring new challeges because they don't know how they work in code...

Are you fucking serious?  He admitted to that?  I mean, yeah, I understand how you lose track of how stuff works without good documentation etc.  But to fucking admit it to customers?  I mean he just admitted that they had no fucking standards for code documentation.

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #9 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Are you fucking serious?  He admitted to that?  I mean, yeah, I understand how you lose track of how stuff works without good documentation etc.  But to fucking admit it to customers?  I mean he just admitted that they had no fucking standards for code documentation. 

He also suggested AA para may be too powerful

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
The Grandest of Fellows wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:53pm:
He also suggested AA para may be too powerful

I don't even ...

I swear to god,  people need to get together work on an SRD based MMO.  Even if it only uses primitives for characters like a. prototype,  it will put SSG out of business.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Yes but we've known that since day 1.

Ask yourselves this: if they had documented it, would any of them have read the fuckin documentation?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 8:01pm:
Yes but we've known that since day 1.

Ask yourselves this: if they had documented it, would any of them have read the fuckin documentation?

I think the thing that surprised me about it is that I would feel shame admitting something like that about my job.  I forget that to work at SSG you have to drown your shame in a bathtub filled with your own tears.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think the thing that surprised me about it is that I would feel shame admitting something like that about my job.  I forget that to work at SSG you have to drown your shame in a bathtub filled with your own tears.

Assuming you can still feel shame working at SSG(and that's a BIG "if"), he probably is quite ashamed and kicking himself for accidently letting it fly.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #14 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Combat is going to be a bland pile of grey shit by the time these guys are finished. The past 12 months or so has seen a lot of fun stuff killed off.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
9pm Eastern and still down for their 'hotfix'

I may just close up shop for the night and get some sleep... been an exhausting day....

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 8:57pm:
9pm Eastern and still down for their 'hotfix'

I may just close up shop for the night and get some sleep... been an exhausting day....

They said they won't be back with news or online til morning.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #17 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
DDO, making pencil and paper look 'state of the art'.

The thing that makes me laugh is I have to log in to see if the servers are offline.  It's like needing to sit on a bike with no wheels before I can tell if it can go or not.

https://youtu.be/Ai18CZsNsW8?t=72  Awkward moment?

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
They said they won't be back with news or online til morning.

Goota wait for the contractors to start at 10. Here's hoping they switched their phones off.

IP Logged

Latetotheparty
Dragon Raider

Reply #19 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:14pm:
DDO, making pencil and paper look 'state of the art'.

The thing that makes me laugh is I have to log in to see if the servers are offline.  It's like needing to sit on a bike with no wheels before I can tell if it can go or not.

https://youtu.be/Ai18CZsNsW8?t=72  Awkward moment?

You can go to ddo player audit to see sever status.
Wonder if Jerry knows how useless he really is?

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #20 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Oracler wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 7:48pm:
How those fucktards must be code illiterates to let such fuckup go live ?

Oh gosh I thought I was unproffessional when I started my career as a douchebag yuppie - but those guys hits the scale to the roof.

How the fuck they screw this ? Was there a code monkey that changed arrows base price when Cordo and Sev were licking each others ass during stream ? Was there a funny guy they hired that got this idea - why not change something between Lammania build and live deploy! What could possibly go wrong?!

Is there any responsible person somewhere up the ladder to fire those retards immediately?

How do they not know?  Didn’t the make Mabar ones in the last couple years?

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Latetotheparty wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:21pm:

Pretty sure I could write a bot that would be more effective.  GPT-3 has made great strides recently.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #22 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Latetotheparty wrote on Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:21pm:
You can go to ddo player audit to see sever status.

I'll put my useless hand up and ask what is 'ddo player audit'?

Always amusing when someone tries this.

DDO FB page.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

Latetotheparty
Dragon Raider

Reply #23 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
google DDO player audit.
It gives live population information and lfms n stuff.

IP Logged

Latetotheparty
Dragon Raider

Reply #24 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
www.playeraudit.com
It has who list as well.
This site is better than in game one.
AAH you are not useless. I find you to be funny.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint