Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Taking a break from DDO (Read 7515 times)
Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Taking a break from DDO
Apr 24th, 2021 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
The new changes suck. At this point after 15 years of play, I prefer effects and counter-tactics to pure DPS. Thus to avoid blowing my accounts up, or pulling my hair out I'm going to stop playing for 6 months or a year and then come back for a look.

I'd walk away totally but I've dropped enough money that I can't reckon that. But the 15k of DDO points I have in the store won't spoil and if I stick around I think I may just get so pissed off and bored that I'll do something stupid enough to get that nuked... so a break is in order.

But don't worry Gunga, I'm not taking a break from the vault you stupid old has been.

And while I'm posting, I'd like to thank and salute Noamie for taking it down a notch and posting some pretty decent stuff the last month or so, no hard feelings.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Farmer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dharma!

Re: Taking a break from DDO
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2021 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 24th, 2021 at 7:17pm:
But don't worry Gunga, I'm not taking a break from the vault you stupid old has been.

Wow, You gave me the fright for a second!

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2021 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 24th, 2021 at 7:17pm:
And while I'm posting, I'd like to thank and salute Noamie for taking it down a notch and posting some pretty decent stuff the last month or so, no hard feelings.

Can you pass out some of that medication?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2021 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Yeah 3.14 is looking better and better.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2021 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Apr 24th, 2021 at 7:44pm:
Can you pass out some of that medication?

That's the deal with calling people out for spamming shit posts, if they stop or dial it back (for whatever reason) you stop calling them out. Additionally, if they have demonstably changed their behavior (again, for whatever reason) consistency demands that you give them credit.

I mean sure, I'm an jerk, but I try to be a consistent jerk.

Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2021 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 24th, 2021 at 10:52pm:
I'm an jerk

a jerk*

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2021 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
I made a grammar mistake... that the best you got? lol!

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Apr 24th, 2021 at 10:59pm:
a jerk*

Theiyr're, Theiyr're, it'll be ok.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Breaks can be good.  No new raids or big expansions on the 6 month horizon.   Probably won’t get behind on gear and such.   Restrictions lifting now or soon in most areas.   Lots to do.  Take care.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 7:08am:
Breaks can be good.  No new raids or big expansions on the 6 month horizon.   Probably won’t get behind on gear and such.   Restrictions lifting now or soon in most areas.   Lots to do.  Take care.

As far as I'm concerned gearing is dead until Feywild part 2. I mean maybe the mini-expansion will add new sets but I doubt it. They'll likely save sets/set pieces for the Wildhunt and things, and I really hope they take the feedback on previous Seasons pieces into account when they design new Feywild stuff.

On topic though, I'd have to agree. I'm taking a 'break' until the ED pass drops just to look at it. Until then I might log in for the odd raid or quest. But I'm definitely not 'playing' DDO as far as I'm concerned.

IP Logged

stupiduserid
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 11:52am
Print Post  
DDO, where sunk cost fallacy and findom intersect to keep a shitty game hobbling along and a human walrus hybrid fed a steady diet of pizza rolls, maintained by a bunch of nervous college grads and inadequate lifers who dumbfucked their way up the ladder. Never change.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Breaks are good. I've taken several that were a year long or more.

I might be due for another soon, I am almost certain that the ED pass will be terrible. Been scaling back already.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
But wait... you're a sock. Can you really even be considered to play DDO? Or does this mean your sock master is taking a break? This is getting so meta I can't even.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #13 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
I haven’t played since they’ve dropped this utter train wreck, and I won’t until those unqualified hacks fix whatever it is they broke outright with weapon swaps.

Regardless, I’m done paying any money whatsoever into this game, and that brings up a point that’s apparently well beyond the comprehension level of anybody currently working there.  SSG is a business being run by retards who have no business whatsoever in business in any capacity.  Those leaking colostomy bags would have a lot more paying customers if they weren’t blindly running this game into the ground while pretending that they actually know what they’re doing.

Replacing beta male cuck Brownstar with an actual steaming pile of shit would benefit SSG in two ways.  It would significantly cut down on the in-office stench, and it wouldn’t be making decisions based on personal biases.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 3:10pm:
and it wouldn’t be making decisions based on personal biases.

Ah come on, how do you expect them to make decisions? Surely not by playing the game or listening to their players?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #15 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
They roll dices, of course.
Actually that would be too professional. I put my money on: they spit in the wind and have a look which enhancement, weapon style or whatever gets hit on the chalk board. And that is the thing they rework.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Taking a break is probably the smartest thing to do at the moment. U49 left an extremely bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Personally, I'll probably knock out one more racial life and then go on another long break. Everytime I hop  back in, I'm reminded of how good the core gameplay is... and how shitty everything else about the game is.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm reminded of how good the core gameplay

Many games implement Turn Based Combat.  SSG's implementation is a little strange but...

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Sorry I just can't even give them the "good core gameplay" lately.  I don't think I've logged in and played in about a week.  I just end up frustrated with some broken thing or another every time I do lately.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 12:56pm:
But wait... you're a sock. Can you really even be considered to play DDO? Or does this mean your sock master is taking a break? This is getting so meta I can't even.

Wrong, I'm not a sock and play plenty... which you already know kid. You only started calling me one when I turned down your request to share an exploit. And let us not forget that at first, you tried calling me a SSGpally and only switched to the sock nonsense after I proved I wasn't a Pally.

So... back to the subject at hand, I was actually pretty damn excited about hardcore until the lamannia previews and that started to take the wind out of my drive, logging on and playing it live on totally killed it. I do have one theory, most players have stacks of past lives, races, gear, etc... so that they don't really feel the impact of the changes. They are seriously bad when you play a bow toon, so instead of blowing way too much time bitching about shit they won't fix it and going nuts every time I try to play some build other than what they want us to.

I am for reals amazed, even stunned how much U49 absolutely assraped the tier 2 and below bow builds, and made bow entirely unusable for splash because at low levels it is so fucking slow now. While the DPS-focused Bow builds (the few there were) got some beefing up in individual shots the fact is that the doubleshot change is still a huge nerf, and once you factor in all the lost chances to IPS multis... well it goes way beyond my meager math.

So instead of going insane and pointlessly frothing, I'm going to try some other games and go back to ones I like. Also, warm weather is here. I'll be honest, the feeling that I get that the developers really do not understand what they have done, just don't ever see it... well that is way more maddening for me for some reason and I'm old enough to see that is gonna really get to me for the immediate future and as the whole thing makes me kind of irrationally mad I don't want to run the risk of losing all the money and time I have already so unwisely sunk into DDO.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 8:44pm:
So instead of going insane and pointlessly frothing, I'm going to try some other games and go back to ones I like.

Speaking of old games,  Anyone have any old 2D games that you thought had really interesting mechanics, sprites,  etc?  I'm playing with an eye to game design instead of for pure enjoyment so I'd love to try some weird different games someone here has loved.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #21 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Speaking of old games,  Anyone have any old 2D games that you thought had really interesting mechanics, sprites,  etc?  I'm playing with an eye to game design instead of for pure enjoyment so I'd love to try some weird different games someone here has loved.

For me Balder's gate, and diablo back in the day. Now I tend to like the big platform stuff. Going loggin some Destiny, Mechwarrior online, may even give Cyberpunk some time. Going to steer clear of the fantasy stuff during break.

Side-note: Just to be clear this isn't one of those "they broke my toon!" things, in fact I haven't really been into bow toons for years because they were so sub-par. I've held off until they did the pass and was going to try a bunch of different toons with bows, now that's pointless. Not to mention the way the whole upadate was rolled out, and of course the stupid proc stuff. Maybe if the update had actually fixed some lag I would have given it some time, but the lag is just as bad as it was last month so clearly, there is something else going on, a ulterior motive... or more likely pure incompetence. Whatever the case I'm not going to waste any energy on it now.

Serious bummer.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
same, was looking forward to bow pass, had some builds thought up and more...

fucking assholes

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
I'm just curious about what they actually think they are doing. How they think they are improving things because on some level these clowns think they are making the game a better place.

I read an exchange on discord where Lynnabel claimed to understand how to level a particular build and then had to have it explained to them because the next statement they made clearly showed that they had zero idea.
And every keeps saying that Lynnabel is the pick of the bunch.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #24 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Defender and the button smashing Hyper Olympic come to mind.

pew pew pew

Coolest lasers EVER

You want?

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint