Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Taking a break from DDO (Read 7520 times)
Charon
Ex Member

Re: Taking a break from DDO
Reply #25 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 11:08pm:
I'm just curious about what they actually think they are doing. How they think they are improving things because on some level these clowns think they are making the game a better place.

I read an exchange on discord where Lynnabel claimed to understand how to level a particular build and then had to have it explained to them because the next statement they made clearly showed that they had zero idea.
And every keeps saying that Lynnabel is the pick of the bunch.

In my head right now Homer Simpson is dancing and singing "I am smart, I am smart s, m, r, t, s, m, r, t.  Doh!"

Anyways, that seems like Lynnabel under best case circumstances.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
Sorry I just can't even give them the "good core gameplay" lately.  I don't think I've logged in and played in about a week.  I just end up frustrated with some broken thing or another every time I do lately.

Fair enough, but for me, the sheer amount of character customization + the more interactive combat (when compared against most MMOs which just have you span hotbars) is enough to keep me playing intermittently - SSG's constant mismanagement notwithstanding.

Still, when I do return to this game every so often, it still feels like an abusive relationship lol. Glad I have my SRPGs to keep me occupied.

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #27 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 3:10pm:
beta male 

Whatever happened to unknown?

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Playing an hour a night will still get you from 1-30 several times in 6 mos, and keep you in touch with friends/guild.
I play 2 hours and we take any excuse for the whole team to call off.  We are now only averaging 5 nights a week of DDO.
But it is the only game I play where there are people I like to talk to.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #29 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I haven’t played ddo in nearly a week but have been in my discord every day, hanging with my static group.  It sucks that I’ve essentially put them in a lurch by refusing to play, but we were at cap anyway...and a motherfucker’s gotta stand up for his principles!

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #30 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 11:21pm:
Defender and the button smashing Hyper Olympic come to mind.

pew pew pew
http://itsalljunk.com/defender.jpg
Coolest lasers EVER

http://itsalljunk.com/hyper.jpg

You want?

LOVED both of these games in the arcades!

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

kozmo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
I took 2 year break ( still a gimp and a lurker, but before anyone says something, i didn't suck any cocks in between, but did some other stupid stuff).
Just for kicks  I went trough all my mails and purchases, put in all coded I had and ended up with 18.000 DDO points.
I guess I bough a lot ( too much) of those Underdark/shadowfell packs at 90% discount.

I was gimp before but now Im way behind the curve. There are no more dailes for XP.

If you are high end player, then it wont affect you much but for me, brakes put me way behind the game so its kinda good because I still have a lot to work on

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Defender and the button smashing Hyper Olympic come to mind.

pew pew pew
http://itsalljunk.com/defender.jpg
Coolest lasers EVER

http://itsalljunk.com/hyper.jpg

You want?

Cool going to grab them. DDO's got me so frustrated I'm going to just start building my own stuff.  I'm working in 2D right now,  but I want to try to play some weird lesser known gems for little things to look at.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #33 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
button smashing Hyper Olympic

It just wont feel the same without the pencil wedged between two fingers to get the alternating button timing down solid.   Grin

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 3:17pm:
It just wont feel the same without the pencil wedged between two fingers to get the alternating button timing down solid.   Grin

It's MAME,  build an arcade lap controller if you want.  You can buy all the stuff easy enough.  Hardest part imo is building a good enclosure for it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #35 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's MAME,  build an arcade lap controller if you want.  You can buy all the stuff easy enough.  Hardest part imo is building a good enclosure for it.

If thats too hard you can pay someone on Etsy to build it for you.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #36 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Cool going to grab them. DDO's got me so frustrated I'm going to just start building my own stuff.  I'm working in 2D right now,  but I want to try to play some weird lesser known gems for little things to look at.

Groovy.  They're basic games, that's for sure, but fun nonetheless.

I've been dining out on Sid Meier's Railroads of late.  Boring in many ways but it can generate random maps and place the cities and resources randomly on the map so no two games are alike.  So sometimes ya get dealt with a shit hand and it's hard to get a victory, if at all.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

AAH
DQ Assaulter

SSG .. making shit a reality.

Reply #37 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 3:17pm:

lol.  True that.  When it was an arcade game (I'm fkn old) we'd use a cigarette lighter for the back n forth smashing.

Gunga wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:31am:
This game doesn’t deserve great players, honestly.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #38 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 24th, 2021 at 7:17pm:
The new changes suck. At this point after 15 years of play, I prefer effects and counter-tactics to pure DPS. Thus to avoid blowing my accounts up, or pulling my hair out I'm going to stop playing for 6 months or a year and then come back for a look.

I'd walk away totally but I've dropped enough money that I can't reckon that. But the 15k of DDO points I have in the store won't spoil and if I stick around I think I may just get so pissed off and bored that I'll do something stupid enough to get that nuked... so a break is in order.

But don't worry Gunga, I'm not taking a break from the vault you stupid old has been.

And while I'm posting, I'd like to thank and salute Noamie for taking it down a notch and posting some pretty decent stuff the last month or so, no hard feelings.

Beat it, loser. No one gives a fuck about you.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #39 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
AAH wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 8:38pm:
lol.  True that.  When it was an arcade game (I'm fkn old) we'd use a cigarette lighter for the back n forth smashing. 

Lol.  Probably a lot less breakable than the pencils I'd work through.  But I never smoked...

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #40 - Apr 26th, 2021 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I have all the pieces already.  Just don't have the time to build the damn thing.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #41 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Farmer wrote on Apr 24th, 2021 at 7:25pm:
Wow, You gave me the fright for a second!

Yeah, just DDO lol. When I leave the Vault Ill just faaaaaade away.

Asheras wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 7:08am:
Breaks can be good.  No new raids or big expansions on the 6 month horizon.   Probably won’t get behind on gear and such.   Restrictions lifting now or soon in most areas.   Lots to do.  Take care.

Roll on summer!

Edrein wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 11:20am:
As far as I'm concerned gearing is dead until Feywild part 2. I mean maybe the mini-expansion will add new sets but I doubt it. They'll likely save sets/set pieces for the Wildhunt and things, and I really hope they take the feedback on previous Seasons pieces into account when they design new Feywild stuff.

On topic though, I'd have to agree. I'm taking a 'break' until the ED pass drops just to look at it. Until then I might log in for the odd raid or quest. But I'm definitely not 'playing' DDO as far as I'm concerned.

Same.

somenewnoob wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 12:46pm:
Breaks are good. I've taken several that were a year long or more.

I might be due for another soon, I am almost certain that the ED pass will be terrible. Been scaling back already.

I don't think the EDs are going to be much to cheer, and I'm dreading what the Horizon Walker will be to OP or more lameness.

Quote:
Taking a break is probably the smartest thing to do at the moment. U49 left an extremely bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Personally, I'll probably knock out one more racial life and then go on another long break. Everytime I hop  back in, I'm reminded of how good the core gameplay is... and how shitty everything else about the game is.

Hopefully my break will be long enough I'll have forgotten what gameplay used to be like! ROFLMAO

Shunned wrote on Apr 25th, 2021 at 10:37pm:
same, was looking forward to bow pass, had some builds thought up and more...

fucking assholes

Prett unbelievable for sure.

S_O_B wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 9:20am:
Playing an hour a night will still get you from 1-30 several times in 6 mos, and keep you in touch with friends/guild.
I play 2 hours and we take any excuse for the whole team to call off.  We are now only averaging 5 nights a week of DDO.
But it is the only game I play where there are people I like to talk to.

I don't think I could do that man, I'd just get sucked in. I'm making a concentrated effort to not give a shit for a while. Best luck to you.

kozmo wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 12:15pm:
If you are high end player, then it wont affect you much but for me, brakes put me way behind the game so its kinda good because I still have a lot to work on

All my lives and destinies are done and maxed, so I shouldn't be to far behind when I start back up except for gear. All the investment of time and cash that reps is why I'm taking a break so I don't get seriously pissed and pull a permaban.

Gunga wrote on Apr 26th, 2021 at 8:47pm:
Beat it, loser. No one gives a fuck about you.

That the best you got? LOL  I'm sorry to have to remind you that I wont be taking a break from the Vault (nice reading comprehension fail ginger) and I will continue to stomp your sad old ass when you try to save face. But it does warm my heart to see your weak attempts to lash-out that prove just how much I've gotten under your skin... Thanks! Bwahahahahahhaha!

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 27th, 2021 at 1:03am:
That the best you got? LOL  I'm sorry to have to remind you that I wont be taking a break from the Vault (nice reading comprehension fail ginger) and I will continue to stomp your sad old ass when you try to save face. But it does warm my heart to see your weak attempts to lash-out that prove just how much I've gotten under your skin... Thanks! Bwahahahahahhaha!

You wouldn't need any kind of advanced Machine Learning to make a bot to imitate Gunga.  Just write down a few insults and do the equivalent of rolling a d20 to pick.  (Yes I know I'm being generous by using a d20)

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #43 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
(Yes I know I'm being generous by using a d20)

That right there is pure gold.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #44 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 9:22am
Print Post  
So take a break.
Who gives a fuck.
I could write every time i wipe my ass after i drop a bomb and would be more relevant.

Hell i could take a picture as well.
Seems like a great idea and would fit in brilliantly with the quality of shitposts on vault lately.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #45 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 27th, 2021 at 1:03am:

You're pretending that anyone reads a word you say, assholelips.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #46 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Apr 27th, 2021 at 9:22am:
So take a break.
Who gives a fuck.
I could write every time i wipe my ass after i drop a bomb and would be more relevant.

Hell i could take a picture as well.
Seems like a great idea and would fit in brilliantly with the quality of shitposts on vault lately.

Hear, hear!

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #47 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
You wouldn't need any kind of advanced Machine Learning to make a bot to imitate Gunga.  Just write down a few insults and do the equivalent of rolling a d20 to pick.  (Yes I know I'm being generous by using a d20)

Awww, another simp holding on for dear life while swinging from my glorious ballsack. Hi Welcome

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 11:22am
Print Post  
So swing from my sack definitely has to be on the list for the Gunga-bot.  I'm going to say that one gets rolls of 18 - 20.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #49 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So swing from my sack definitely has to be on the list for the Gunga-bot.  I'm going to say that one gets rolls of 18 - 20.

Looks like you could use rolls of 3-4 on a 1d4.  1-2 would be “I just got off your mom.”  No further actions necessary.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint