Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ready for Ed preview on Lam? (Read 21304 times)
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Re: Ready for Ed preview on Lam?
Reply #50 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
I've got to give credit where credit is due...

Those retarded charlatans have fucked up epic destinies far worse than even my pessimistic ass imagined. 

This is nothing more than a wholesale theft of power.  Those drooling retards are already lagging us all out because they're already well beyond the performance ceiling.  Now, they need to make room for a cap increase that most people don't even want.

As far as Steel...er, Brownstar goes, his opinions have always been lame as fuck.  They reek of some angry, beta incel that wants to ruin everyone else's fun because he doesn't get invited to the cool kids' parties. That undermining, maggot-ridden pile of shit is the FIRST one of those useless retards that should be fired when this game goes under.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:38pm by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 2:31am
Print Post  
I took an extended peek...

Was short 3 fate points because LOTS of destinies are still offline..... so can't really do a complete dabble.. but here's what I know so far...

They are reorganizing the various types of feats.. and with my specific build, I'm losing access to 2 of mine...

Also.. I'm losing about 40% of my DPS due to the loss of twists. With things getting moved all over and bumped up in power and their place in the tiers... I won't even come CLOSE to being able to take them now...

this will suck bawlz

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #52 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Nothing like shitting on the fun of your remaining player base to keep your game popular.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #53 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Oh god so many active fucking charges. I expect I'll just build passive, suck up the power loss and ignore them. Such a terrible playstyle.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #54 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 6:22am
Print Post  
(Logged out and in, still no edit or delete, sorry for multiple posts.)

There's a lot to dislike here, from the overall structure and design intent to many of the specifics, but if I had to pick one that pissed me off the most... it's Nerve Venom waiting until L30. What a kick in the 'nads.

Steelstar once again adopting a passive-aggressive sneering tone with people with legit complaints or concerns is a close #2.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #55 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Silver lining: they still hadn't fixed all the minor beneficial bugs in EDs. It's always nice to play with the edges of a new, shoddily-implemented system.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 7:34am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 6:22am:
(Logged out and in, still no edit or delete, sorry for multiple posts.)

There's a lot to dislike here, from the overall structure and design intent to many of the specifics, but if I had to pick one that pissed me off the most... it's Nerve Venom waiting until L30. What a kick in the 'nads.

Steelstar once again adopting a passive-aggressive sneering tone with people with legit complaints or concerns is a close #2.

Yeah the whole "your build must suck if you dont likeour rock starz changes" pisses me the fuck off. That kind of shit has my finger hovering over the uninstall.

Shiraldi is a dumpster fire with so many of the good things level 30 now.

I just don't see myself getting past these changes and continuing to play. I hadn't played for about 1 1/2 years when pandemic hit and I saw the free quest coupon thing.  That brought me back. This will make me go.

I get it, you want to sell us the new legendary destiny that will come out, you want everybody to play post level 30, you want us to grind out the new legendary past lives that will make up for this gut job, but they have absolutely gutted and destroyed epic leveling. This is so far away from "fun" that it isn't even resembling anything I will do in my free time.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 7:39am
Print Post  
When I heard they were doing this shit back when we first got wind of the level gating, my attitude was, If I can still have a maxed destiny with my usual twists at 20 (like martial hymn, meld, and another on a dps build) then I will stay. If I can't have that, probably not.

This isn't even fucking close to the "stay" condition.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #58 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 8:01am
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 7:34am:
I get it, you want to sell us the new legendary destiny that will come out

While normally apt cynicism over their 'marketing model', this one falls flat. With their design to be that each Destiny somewhat encompasses a singular class (or in the case of Fury, covers the 3 'melee' primal playstyles) that means the remaining three destinies they're going to have to cover for are: warlock (lmao not even this could save warlocks at this point), artificer, and alchemist.

That being said they could throw a curveball and combo Arti and Alch into a single destiny, and then come up with an OP Universal tree type deal, but I doubt it.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #59 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 9:01am
Print Post  
I saw they are removing Epic Resilience which I always thought was some punitive unnecessary horse-shit.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #60 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Everything is way too incomplete to even test much for dps.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #61 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Anyone see if this negates things we purchased for ddo points or anything like that?  It seems the tome of fate now gets us a few Hp and sp?  Seems really worth it..

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #62 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 11:45am
Print Post  
My initial impressions:

Variety increases. Good.

Power drops at low epics. Not good.

Stats go down--but supposedly they are reducing saves. So, that might be no change

No epic moments!? That's weird. Or, are they saving that for the 5th/6th cores?  I don't love that.

I HATE how SD doesn't have an AOE kill a ROGUE can actually use.

Looks like maybe base melee power is up? HPs too?

There are multiple direcharge replacements. Might be fine.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2021 at 11:47am by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Supremely unimpressed. These changes are disappointing and add a lot of extra ability juggling without adding more real fun to the game.

I do think that there could be some reasonable changes where SSG says, "We really don't want level 21 to be as powerful as it is now, so we're level gating some abilities. Deal with it." and players could still be okay with the end result. But these changes are just hot garbage. Weakass abilities, melee hard locked into LD since that's the only place to get Dire Charge now. All of the Int/Cha/Wis builds no longer get to use Dire Charge effectively, so melee is locked into Str/Dex/Con if they want to use Dire Charge. No more Haste Boost in epic trees, so Paladins and Barbarians are stuck investing in Vistani if they want that. Lots of additional nuisance changes without getting anything that looks like it's a lot of fun in exchange.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #64 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Its sure as shit not gonna be fine. Shifting ALL the ED power to lvl 30 will exacerbate the already massive issues with early to mid epics. We already know SSG is physically incapable of making up for it. With these changes I want to level from 20 to 30 like I want another hole in my head. Its not that its "too hard" - nothing about video games is difficult - its that its not fun. And "fun" is why we choose our leisure activities.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:03pm:
Its sure as shit not gonna be fine. Shifting ALL the ED power to lvl 30 will exacerbate the already massive issues with early to mid epics. We already know SSG is physically incapable of making up for it. With these changes I want to level from 20 to 30 like I want another hole in my head. Its not that its "too hard" - nothing about video games is difficult - its that its not fun. And "fun" is why we choose our leisure activities.

Yes.

When I was looking through my usual destinies, the one glaring thing lacking , was FUN. All the stuff I liked, is gone or nerfed or available at level 30 now.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #66 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:06pm:
Yes.

When I was looking through my usual destinies, the one glaring thing lacking , was FUN. All the stuff I liked, is gone or nerfed or available at level 30 now.

The especially retarded thing is the entire community has been telling them for the past year and a half "do not level-gate epic destinies, no one wants that".

So they are deaf and stupid for rolling this out.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:23pm:
The especially retarded thing is the entire community has been telling them for the past year and a half "do not level-gate epic destinies, no one wants that".

So they are deaf and stupid for rolling this out.

Yep. They are just bound and fucking determined to raise the level cap whether people want it or not. And this hot piece of shit it one of the results.

All the passengers said, Captain, there is an iceberg there I think. Captain said, FULL STEAM AHEAD!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #68 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 6:11am:
Oh god so many active fucking charges. I expect I'll just build passive, suck up the power loss and ignore them. Such a terrible playstyle.

I agree with you, I hate brainless button punching and waiting for them to cycle out of timer to brainlessly press them again in the same sequence.

Passive things should be the way to go, not retarded NWO button cycling.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #69 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
I guess you all know my opinion of the Enhancement Crash that occured years ago ( when they revamped the enhancements to create tres and didn't even bother to try to fit the old system in those trees )

This piece of code piss smell more rotten than the forementionned Enhancement Crash.
I guess that after it they won't have lag issues with a good chunk of the player base gone to other games.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #70 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:47pm:
I guess that after it they won't have lag issues with a good chunk of the player base gone to other games.

While this is certainly true I do think its over-stepping to imply this is intentional. Obviously they aren't trying to drive players away on purpose. They're just fucking idiots.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #71 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Soooo, what other games are you talking about?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #72 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 2:10pm:
Soooo, what other games are you talking about?

I am half tempted to go back to World of Warcraft. I have not played since Vanilla and a condition would be retrieving my longlost character. But there is temptation.

The next game has to be fantasy for me. I just have zero interest in sci-fi/FPS MMOs.

There just are not a ton of options out there and it sucks.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 7:34am:
Yeah the whole "your build must suck if you dont likeour rock starz changes" pisses me the fuck off. That kind of shit has my finger hovering over the uninstall.

Because they are incapable of designing a fun game. All their shitty work in their entire time working on ddo has largely been lazy, uninspired, copy paste, trash tier shit. We continue to play in spite of the majority of their mistakes, their entire career is carried on the backs of devs from 15 years ago...

The build isn't shitty if only one ability is a keystone that holds it up. Rather the entire game design that they have implemented is so garbage that only one ability works for melees to have needed functional aoe cc.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #74 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Its all-ahead stupid for SSG.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint