Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ready for Ed preview on Lam? (Read 21285 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Ready for Ed preview on Lam?
Reply #75 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Anyone have an account on this site?

https://massivelyop.com/2021/06/16/dungeons-and-dragons-online-is-testing-a-reva
mp-of-the-epic-destinies-system-for-one-day-only-on-pts/

I can't figure out how to leave a comment and I'd love to let someone know how overlwhelmingly negative the actual player response to this shit is.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Steelstar is basically Snape, but without the talent and without a valid reason to have a rod up his ass.

IP Logged

ExploitEarly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
There's no way they don't fuck EDs like a Montana hooker on meth. 

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Nice from the mobo: "someone cast Dev Ward on the game, please !"

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #79 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Star War Galaxies NGE keeps coming to my mind when I look at at the Epic Destruction Threads.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #80 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Yep. 

Two more players that have been around since beta uninstalled the game as of today..  That brings the total of old-schoolers leaving over that shit ED nerf to at least a dozen on Orien alone.  Does the SSG Dunce Tank think they’ll be replaced by new players?!

It’s really a wonder that none of those blind, brainless morons at SSG have drowned trying to drink a glass of water.  I have to assume that’s because they’re required to use sippy cups.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2021 at 1:27pm by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I can’t think of many fields where you can speak to your clients like Steelstar does and expect to stay in business.

Sad thing is that they’ll soon be discovering the gaming industry is no exception.

Grand wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:08am:
I'm a big believer in the old adage saw that you should never make a bet you can't afford to lose!

Welcher.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #82 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 12:36pm:
Star War Galaxies NGE keeps coming to my mind when I look at at the Epic Destruction Threads.

Galaxies was still playable after the NGE even if it completely gutted the game that came before.

Not sure I'll say this game will be both playable or economically viable for the studio after the update.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #83 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 5:08pm:
Galaxies was still playable after the NGE even if it completely gutted the game that came before.

Not sure I'll say this game will be both playable or economically viable for the studio after the update.

NGE effectively took away one game and replaced it with an entirely different game. Most of the butthurt was about people who liked the first game and not the second one. All completely understandable.

The EF nerf in DDO meanwhile is just taking an ok game and breaking it beyond usability.

They definitely won't be keeping new players now.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #84 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 5:18pm:
NGE effectively took away one game and replaced it with an entirely different game. Most of the butthurt was about people who liked the first game and not the second one. All completely understandable.

The EF nerf in DDO meanwhile is just taking an ok game and breaking it beyond usability.

Having played both back in the day and playing them both again recently due to emulators, it's hard for me to empathize with the PRE-CU/NGE crowd.

Both games have their own merits, but the core gameplay is there between both versions. The only main difference is that the freedom of the open-ended skill system being replaced with a cookie cutter themepark curated class system.

This aint that sort of change though. Despite my optimism over the Primal Avatar changes, I can definitely see the rotten core to the changes. Their new core design is going to completely change the way the game is played 20+ and it might as well be a completely different game in comparison.

SWG was still SWG ever the NGE. DDO won't be DDO after this change, we'll finally truly move into being some generic modern structured MMO that uses the last vestiges of the D&D core.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #85 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 5:56pm:
Having played both back in the day and playing them both again recently due to emulators, it's hard for me to empathize with the PRE-CU/NGE crowd.

Both games have their own merits, but the core gameplay is there between both versions. The only main difference is that the freedom of the open-ended skill system being replaced with a cookie cutter themepark curated class system.

I'll admit I never played either of them(fuck star wars) but my understanding is it was a lot more fundamental than that. Yeah the core gameplay of "shoot stuff until its dead" stayed the same but all the underlying mechanics changed. A big complaint I've read was what it did to crafting(drastically simplifying it but also making it stupid and flat).

This aint that sort of change though. Despite my optimism over the Primal Avatar changes, I can definitely see the rotten core to the changes. Their new core design is going to completely change the way the game is played 20+ and it might as well be a completely different game in comparison.

SWG was still SWG ever the NGE. DDO won't be DDO after this change, we'll finally truly move into being some generic modern structured MMO that uses the last vestiges of the D&D core.

The real problem is the way ALLLLLLL of the LD power is now backloaded to lvl 30. Trying to get from 20 to 30 now is going to be a fucking awful slogfest due to a number of other serious issues SSG refuses to address.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 1:21pm:
That brings the total of old-schoolers leaving over that shit ED nerf to at least a dozen on Orien alone

Oh, it could be worse. They seem to be trying to lower power so they can sell it back on expansions and level cap increases. I expect more nerfs than just this incoming.

The worst part is some mobo and reddit posters swear that this is the right step ( lol ) to creating a reaper mode that does not deal thousands of damage per hit. Which is some fucking amazing leap of logic and faith to boldly assume that lowering mob stats will suddenly result in a r10 that doesn't deal thousands of damage per shot. The formula for r10 is like x11 over elite.

How can anyone who has played since before reaper honestly believe that they will lower reaper damage to anything normal, is beyond me. All you have to look at is what mob damage was like before reaper. The last pack to deal under base 300 damage on elite is like, epic sands...

A-O and his incredibly bad doof sidekick Heb400 are so delusional, clueless, and just plain stupid that they should eat tidepods so they never reproduce.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 4:50pm:
I can’t think of many fields where you can speak to your clients like Steelstar does and expect to stay in business.

Sad thing is that they’ll soon be discovering the gaming industry is no exception.

I've said the exact same thing before. Any other industry you talk to customers like they talk to thiers, your out on your ass.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #88 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 7:37pm:
Oh, it could be worse. They seem to be trying to lower power so they can sell it back on expansions and level cap increases. I expect more nerfs than just this incoming.

The worst part is some mobo and reddit posters swear that this is the right step ( lol ) to creating a reaper mode that does not deal thousands of damage per hit. Which is some fucking amazing leap of logic and faith to boldly assume that lowering mob stats will suddenly result in a r10 that doesn't deal thousands of damage per shot. The formula for r10 is like x11 over elite.

How can anyone who has played since before reaper honestly believe that they will lower reaper damage to anything normal, is beyond me. All you have to look at is what mob damage was like before reaper. The last pack to deal under base 300 damage on elite is like, epic sands...

A-O and his incredibly bad doof sidekick Heb400 are so delusional, clueless, and just plain stupid that they should eat tidepods so they never reproduce.

Reaper was a bad idea with a worse implementation. These people sound retarded.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #89 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Ok the more I look at it the more it looks like Lehman brothers all over again - toxic pile of shit nobody wants to touch, except SSG and its fanboys. How much time have they wasted already in developing this crap and how much more for things to come - the cocksuckers are adamant and they are going to go ahead with it.

Level 35 is where the money is for them now - expect Legendary destinies or some tree crap which will be loaded with power for 2000 TP.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #90 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Hardcore_Girl wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 8:41pm:
Ok the more I look at it the more it looks like Lehman brothers all over again - toxic pile of shit nobody wants to touch, except SSG and its fanboys. How much time have they wasted already in developing this crap and how much more for things to come - the cocksuckers are adamant and they are going to go ahead with it.

Level 35 is where the money is for them now - expect Legendary destinies or some tree crap which will be loaded with power for 2000 TP.

And yet they will never wrap their heads around: they could have left ED power where it was, and we would STILL have bought the legendary trees.  Except if they had done that. there'd be a lot more people left to buy them.

I don't know for sure if these changes going live will kill the game permanently for me, but I know I'll be canceling my sub the second they do.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 7:37pm:

Another change of DDO, another direction of DDO that I´m utterly ambivalent; some things that are bad in an MMO is also its strength kinda way -- and DDO has a tons of those. I can see what they are doing, and what the ywant to achieve but not sure if this is good or bad. It looks like dog shit, it reeks of it, and it even tastes like it! -- but if I take a spoonful daily, I might start to enjoy it, miss it, and even love it...

Of course the other side of me just screams that this is a silly cashgrab setup, in the same category as the Feywild was sold as an expansion pack.

edit. people who plays strictly HC should love these changes thou.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2021 at 1:52am by Rickyretardo »  

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #92 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Regardless of whether or not the most vocal of SSG goons and fanbois think this utterly underhanded bullshit is a good idea, who do those same geniuses think are gonna replace all the people that are leaving because they're done with their shit?
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2021 at 3:26am by Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz »  

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 3:25am:
Regardless of whether or not the most vocal of SSG goons and fanbois think this utterly underhanded bullshit is a good idea, who do those same geniuses think are gonna replace all the people that are leaving because they're done with their shit?

They will surely buff things to calm down the mobos, would be fun to lobby in some utter dog shit troll idea in the midst of this chaos, only problem is that SSG has taken all of mine....

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #94 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Rickyretardo wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 3:34am:
They will surely buff things to calm down the mobos, would be fun to lobby in some utter dog shit troll idea in the midst of this chaos, only problem is that SSG has taken all of mine....

I thought about making another mobo sock, but I laid down on the floor, curled up in the fetal position and sucked my thumb until the urge passed.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #95 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 5:08pm:

Well DDO will still be playable at Heroic level ( since the Epic/Legendary Nerf will have no impact on Heroic )
I feel that tokens of the 12 ( and Fragments thereof ) will become very handy, as well as the old Seal/Scroll/Shard/item LVL 20 crafting )

noamineo wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 5:18pm:

I'm mostly retired ( only playing in a static group that has been going for 15 years )  but I can see what they want to do... lower the power difference between 15 years old players that kept abreast of the Epic/legendary curve and new players that are bound to appear when the D&D movie hits the screens. ( because right there's no new MMO tightly related to D&D that I heard of beside DDO and NWO... and we all know how the users spread: cookie button smashers go NWO, PnP playerrs and  build interested players go DDO.)

Since they think most of the game is Heroic, it won't matter to them.
( yzah I know my few Heroic characters have been rotting for years [ read : I haven't even bothered to log into them for years ] )

Honestly I miss NWN ( the original ) and all the things you could do with the Aurora Toolset... the only thing it lacked was a real database linking system like  ODBC.
But still despite that, Persistent world with 80+ players was something that coudl  be done.

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2021 at 2:55pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #96 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 2:51pm:
but I can see what they want to do... lower the power difference between 15 years old players that kept abreast of the Epic/legendary curve and new players that are bound to appear when the D&D movie hits the screens. ( because right there's no new MMO tightly related to D&D that I heard of beside DDO and NWO... and we all know how the users spread: cookie button smashers go NWO, PnP playerrs and  build interested players go DDO.)

Where are you getting this notion from? 15+ year old players are going to be exactly as powerful in heroics as they were before. Which is to say "way the fuck more powerful than first lifers". I forget if the passive ED feets apply in heroics, but even if they don't it doesn't really matter, Someone with 3xheroic and full racial completionist + greensteels, etc, is going to be miles ahead of of a first-lifer. Add in that new players aren't going to GET to run Heroic Shroud.

All this nerf has done was wipe out any interest veteran players might have had in staying around. The newbs will arrive, discover the treachery, and be gone just as fast.

And all this is based on the belief that the DnD movie will actually be good. Personally I give it maybe fifty/fifty.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #97 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 5:56pm:
And all this is based on the belief that the DnD movie will actually be good. Personally I give it maybe fifty/fifty.

Well, um…it’s not like D&D movies have a good track record.  The last one was so fucking horrible I’m surprised there hasn’t been a Rifftrax version yet.

IP Logged

Shunned
Stormreaver Piker

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #98 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
are there any big big names in the dnd movie?  If so maybe maybe it will do something.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #99 - Jun 18th, 2021 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 6:08pm:
are there any big big names in the dnd movie?  If so maybe maybe it will do something.

Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, and a few others…

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2906216/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Send TopicPrint